Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,803 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. (8396 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by emelux: 6:25am On Nov 06, 2016
Good morning And Happy Sunday,today is the Sabbath day which was to keep Holy,Wat have u done to keep this day Holy...

So many Christians of nowadays goes to church just to please others,some going to show their New cloths,Phones,Cars, forgetting that God deserve more than that in is present,Many people refuse to get near a church unless their nephew is playing the role of a sheep in the Christmas pageant! They claim they can get more out of a walk in the woods than from the typical sermon.

When you become a Christian, you are called into a relationship with God (1 Corinthians 1:9). But I John 1:3 makes it clear that we enter a fellowship that goes two ways: with God and with other Christians.

USE OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS÷I Corinthians 12 makes it clear that God has given spiritual gifts to every Christian. And verse 7 states unmistakably that these abilities are not provided to make you feel good; they are abilities to minister that should be used for the common good! I Peter 4:10 commands us to use spiritual gifts to help each other.

HELP÷The New Testament is full of “one another” commands. We are to comfort one another (I Thessalonians 4:18), build up one another (I Thessalonians 5:11), confess our sins to one another (James 5:16), pray for one another (James 5:16), and many more. How can we obey these directives if we stay away from the gathering of believers?so you have reason going to church than going to show your swags.........

ACCOUNTABILITY—God designed the church as a place where spiritual leaders could watch out for our welfare, as a shepherd guards the sheep (I Peter 5:1-4; Hebrews 13:17). A Christian who answers only to himself can easily rationalize sinful attitudes or actions; regular contact with other Christians can keep us sharp,protect and guide our decision making....

God bless you all......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Edwinmason(m): 6:52am On Nov 06, 2016
to get in touch with the master and collect grace for the new week

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by villareal15(m): 7:01am On Nov 06, 2016
It's about that time. smiley

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by ollymoore: 7:01am On Nov 06, 2016
My going to church today is to put end to my own reccesion

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by McCarlito(m): 7:04am On Nov 06, 2016
Edwinmason:
to be refresh

RIP English grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by HIScraziness(m): 7:05am On Nov 06, 2016
I'm going because of the heavenly choir in my church cheesy cheesy, omo ehn! They can sing for Africa cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Turks: 7:05am On Nov 06, 2016
Errrr...Those fine babes for church ehn..

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Neimar: 7:06am On Nov 06, 2016
grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Akshow: 7:06am On Nov 06, 2016
Because churches are for clowns

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Olasco93: 7:06am On Nov 06, 2016
Going to church is not a Sunday-Sunday thing, it's beyond that. Going to church should involve all the church activities/meetings one is required to be part of.
I have many reasons to go to church and so many other reasons not to go to church. But I discovered over time that the Reason to go to church outweighs the reasons not to go because "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
These are some of my topmost reasons:
It Is What Jesus Did
Luke 14:6 says, "Jesus went back to
Nazareth, where he'd been brought up and as usual he went to the meeting place on the Sabbath."

It Is a Good Habit
Hebrews 10:25 says, "Some people have gotten out of the habit of meeting for worship. But we must not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other, especially since you know that the day of the Lord's coming is getting closer."
It Is a Positive Example
Going to church is a positive example. When you go to church, you're setting an example. You are setting an example that other people notice. It is an example that becomes an inspiration for others. People who are trying to make their lives better, people who want a positive change are going to be impacted by an
example of someone who is committed to regular church attendance. For those of you who are married, it's a positive example to your spouse. For those of you that have children, it's an absolutely positive example for your kids to know that on Sunday and other days you go to church. For the people around you, whether it's your friends or your co-workers, whether it's your family, when they see that you have a commitment that is leading you to
living a better life - that is a positive
example that other people can follow.
It Is Important for Fellowship
Look again at what the Bible says, "Do not forsake the gathering of the believers." Some have gotten out of the habit. We should not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other. The church is an encouraging place. We all need encouragement. Life is hard. Life is difficult. We all run into various kinds of challenges; health problems, financial issues, conflict within our families. We have an opportunity to encourage one another and that is part of what church is about.
It Is Essential for Growth
It is absolutely essential for spiritual
growth to regularly attend church. I have this phrase, "The service you miss is the service you need." Each service is tailored and designed to maximize your Sunday and other days worship so that you can leave with the best possible spiritual experience. You can praise and worship God and you can learn things that you didn't know before. You will be challenged. You're going to be motivated. Church is where you will be inspired to go higher than you've gone, to live a life that is godlier and greater than you've been living, to sync your life up with Jesus and His purpose and plan for your life. You will come to understand why you're here on this
earth: to serve, to give and to love. Don't come occasionally to church. Don't just come when you feel like it. Make regular church attendance a priority and let it be a good habit that becomes a part of who you are. Nothing does more for your spiritual health than regularly being in church. Being in a church service is irreplaceable. It is a moment in time and once it's gone, it's gone forever. There will always be competition for your time and other things that you could do on a service days. But these are really good reasons you should regularly attend church.
Shalom

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by HIScraziness(m): 7:06am On Nov 06, 2016
Edwinmason:
to be refresh

Oga boss, type in your dialect na angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 06, 2016

I remember one day in September 2001, My dad gave me money to pay the electricity bill but instead i bought a lottery ticket for a brand new car

When i got home, i told my dad what i did with the money he gave me and he flog the living daylights out of my brain with his leather belt

The next Morning, my father had to go to work early in the morning at 7:30am, when he opened the door, he saw a brand new car parked in our compound, he called out and we were rejoicing, I was really crying because i bought the ticket that won the car

A man got out of the car and told my father that they're from the NEPA office and that was their car, they're here to cut our light, my father flogged me again with knife till i fainted

8 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 06, 2016
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Dcaliphate(m): 7:07am On Nov 06, 2016
Hebrews 10:25King James Version (KJV)

25. Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by nnamdibig(m): 7:08am On Nov 06, 2016
To show of new cloths and catch some babes........Christlike babes
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Jh0wsef(m): 7:08am On Nov 06, 2016
Akshow:
Because churches are for clowns

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by phoenix23401(m): 7:08am On Nov 06, 2016
just discovered the girl i crush on in my estate attends the church, with so much pain in my heart ild b going there, but i guess its a price i have to pay

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by amuijiji: 7:10am On Nov 06, 2016
Pastors daughter, she just came back from Uk...
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Petersamuel8(m): 7:10am On Nov 06, 2016
My only reason of going to church is to worship and praise YAHWEY with fellow beleivers.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Justiyke4u: 7:11am On Nov 06, 2016
Whatever reason you give there must be a follow up question. To worship God in his sanctuary
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by pinkguy(m): 7:11am On Nov 06, 2016
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by sassiemyk: 7:12am On Nov 06, 2016
I just received my salary yesterday. You knw what pastor will expect dis mawnin na "he he he he he". Bank of no withdrawal.
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by saxwizard(m): 7:12am On Nov 06, 2016
Am going there to play my lovely soprano sax, very romantic at least more numbers go enter na joke i dey ooo
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by EternalBeing: 7:12am On Nov 06, 2016
To thank and worship YAHWEH the Mighty Creator and eternal Owner of the Universe for sending us JESUS Christ.
John 3:19 "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world" True Love is Holiness
I'm shedding tears of Joy cry cry cry LORD JESUS, you are indeed the Savoir of the world. Before Jesus came, men lived like animals thinking there's is no hope of conquering death and living forever.
I watched true life story movies like Troy, Hercules, SPARTACUS: BLOOD AND SAND, Agora, Cleopatra, Caligular, etc.. and had a small insight into the wanton killings, lovelessness, satanic immorality, cannibalistic and animistic transformation that was fast to make the world to self-destruct just before the timely intervention of the Birth of JESUS Christ that showed them the Truth. Men lived like animals those days because they thought we die and end like animals; no afterlife, no judgement, no Power in being Holy. That was what they thought. If the exemplary Jesus was not born, the sane world as we know it today would not exist. Indeed, HE already saved the world by showing that death is not the end of Man; and that sane holiness is true Love; very possible.

Can you imagine what the world would have become had it being JESUS was not born?!

https://davidschrock.com/2011/12/12/darkness-the-world-in-which-christ-was-born/
http://biblehub.com/library/killen/the_ancient_church/chapter_i_the_roman_empire.htm

"Nor is it strange that the Roman Empire at this period exhibited such a scene of moral pollution. There was nothing in either the philosophy or the religion of heathenism sufficient to counteract the influence of man's native depravity. In many instances the speculations of the pagan sages had a tendency, rather to weaken, than to sustain, the authority of conscience. After unsettling the foundations of the ancient superstition, the mind was left in doubt and bewilderment; for the votaries of what was called wisdom entertained widely different views even of its elementary principles. The Epicureans, who formed a large section of the intellectual aristocracy, denied the doctrine of Providence, and pronounced pleasure to be the ultimate end of man."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/jlgi/jlgi03.htm
"CONDITION OF THE WORLD AT THE BIRTH OF JESUS
A solemn period of the world's destiny was approaching; the sky was overshadowed with darkness and filled with sinister omens.
In spite of the efforts of the initiates, polytheism, throughout Asia, Africa, and Europe, had terminated only in the downfall of civilization. The sublime cosmogony of Orpheus, so gloriously chanted by Homer, had not been attained, and the only explanation possible is that human nature found great difficulty in maintaining a certain intellectual altitude."
https://spreadingthewordwithoutsayingawordministry./2013/02/24/spiritual-wickedness-in-high-places/
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Believer's%20Corner/Doctrines/demonology.htm
http://www.crossroad.to/charts/end-times.htm

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by iamharkinwaley: 7:13am On Nov 06, 2016
Coz of my parents, dem no won hear say you no go church.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by DrLee(m): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2016
McCarlito:

RIP English grin grin grin grin
Naso grin
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Vince77(m): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2016
Im not even going today
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 06, 2016
To praise the Lord.
Also watch this video and praise the Lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US2WvDzWXKI
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by martineverest(m): 7:16am On Nov 06, 2016
HIScraziness:
I'm going because of the heavenly choir in my church cheesy cheesy, omo ehn! They can sing for Africa cheesy cheesy

going to church just because of choir??no wonder we dont see church impact on nigerians

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by dangotesmummy: 7:17am On Nov 06, 2016
I'm going because I want to give my friend her money for aso ebi.if not for her I won't go because I have clothes to wash and my daughter's clothes, uniform and socks undecided

Also to see the latest clothes ladies are wearing undecided

And to see the man my friend is getting married to undecided

I'm not going there to listen to any sermon because I've heard more than enough for the past 30 something years undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Vs. Jesus's Teachings: Is There A Conflict? For serious bible scholars / The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / T.B. Joshua Donates N10m To Less Privileged In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.