Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD (4974 Views)

What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Emusan(m): 2:50pm On Feb 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Their is no evidence that their is a god. not zeus, allah, yahweh or horus etc...
All we have is mythical ancient writings and impossible fables very peculiar to the culture that this god or gods are exclusive to.

What type of evidence do you need before you believe that the God or gods exist?

Now some people might see it ok to Believe (conviction that something is true without empirical evidence) any of these ideas (gods) and fables by faith dismissing the others as we have seen in the cases of christians believing in.yahweh and not allah and muslims doing the reverse.
Though both religions just believe by faith their respective god ideas.

First you mistakenly misapply the word "EMPIRICAL" because empirical can also means BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
Lastly, Christians can't believe in Allah of Islam simply because Yahweh is still speaking to those who love and seek Him which makes Islam false.

Now atheism entails not having a conviction that something implausible is true even though their is no evidence for it.

Well that's for Atheist.

So believing something implausible as true does not and can never make it true..

So did Christians ever tell you that they ONLY believe but NO evidence for THEIR BELIEVE?

We ask theists to provide evidence for their respective God even though we know that they have none.

So you want a theist to enter Lab and begin to perform experiment to bring God out or in what standard do you base your evidence?

You may choose to believe the jewish myth, or arabic myth or greek myth..that is good for you but we call it myth as it is and nothing more...

If you like call it Myth from now till you die that won't put God out of existence because people have found God beyond just BELIEVE.
I know you may say it's delusion well TRUTH IS ALWAYS TRUE.

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 3:07pm On Feb 09, 2015
Emusan:

What type of evidence do you need before you believe that the God or gods exist?
How about showing me, we both do not need to believe we have joysticks, we both know we do...
If their are evidence for any god it wont be termed belief anymore, it will be knowing (untmost certainty) but their is not hence belief (faith)

Emusan:

First you mistakenly misapply the word "EMPIRICAL" because empirical can also means BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
Lastly, Christians can't believe in Allah of Islam simply because Yahweh is still speaking to those who love and seek Him which makes Islam false.
And am sure muslims still make this exact claim for allah hence they conclude yahweh is false...
You see that your conviction is based on your sentimental attachment to one particular fable?

Emusan:

Well that's for Atheist.

hahahahahaha

Emusan:

So did Christians ever tell you that they ONLY believe but NO evidence for THEIR BELIEVE?
And what are the evidences?
A book? prrrrrrrrrrrf ya right!!

Emusan:

So you want a theist to enter Lab and begin to perform experiment to bring God out or in what standard do you base your evidence?
see my first reply.. Or better still divide the red see again show me a talking donkey hahahaha...chai..

Emusan:

If you like call it Myth from now till you die that won't put God out of existence because people have found God beyond just BELIEVE.
I know you may say it's delusion well TRUTH IS ALWAYS TRUE.
exactly the same way the greeks claim.their myths are true even though its plain myth.
Its dead funny when you discard the Hercules story as myth but believes the samson story as true even.though the hercules story predates that of samson and the later probably was plagiarized from the former..
Their is no amount of belief that can ever make these true...
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by LadyX(f): 3:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Dear tell us how you encountered him/her/it..

Was this encounter just in your mind?

Or did you actually perceive/encounter it/him/she in your conscious self (with your senses)

And thinking someone's disbelief is due to difficulties is totally wrong..

disbelief starts from question like How, why and seeking knowledge based on facts and not belief

Johnydon22,

I was talking to Frank317 because I can relate with what he's saying.

I have seen you copy paste several times that there is no god.
You asked whether I have encountered God, my answer is a solid YES. I have encountered God in a way that no human being can believe or understand. I know your next question will be prove that God exists...I don't want to engage in e-war with someone that might not be ready or open minded enough to reason with me.

I want you to know (I know you already know, so it's more of a reminder) that there are different levels of being.
Physical: You can see physical things like trees, stars, clouds etc. If told to prove that a tree exists, you would just point at a tree.

Emotional: These are feelings that cannot be seen, but they can be felt. You can prove the existence of feelings like pain, or joy easily through tears (for pain), laughter/smile (For joy), other feelings cannot be proven easily.

Mental/Psychological: It's all in the mind. Some mental conditions can be proven; while others cannot. For example, you can prove that someone, or a mad man has a mental problem because they talk crap or walk naked.

Spiritual: This affects the soul as opposed to physical, emotional, or mental state. Spiritual matters are difficult to explain or understand because we are all at different spiritual levels. Some people are high up there spiritually, while others are almost empty spiritually.

a) Let's start with evil. You have heard, even if you don't believe, about witches and/or witch doctors. They do exist. Some are more powerful than others. There are junior witch doctors who seek spiritual powers from seniour witch doctors. What does that tell you? They are not equal spiritually. Can you prove it by just looking at them? No. Does that mean spirituality does not exist? No. Just because you don't believe in something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Think more about this.

b) Let's move to good. Before we move further, let me tell you that most things have opposites: good> evil, light>darkness, man>woman, heaven>earth etc. Because there are evil powers, there are also good powers. Evil powers are represented by Satan, and good powers are represented by God (You don't have to believe this, but that's how it is). Like I said earlier, there are different spiritual levels. At the bottom we have humans followed by angels, then God (If you've heard of the Holy Trinity, it represents God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit). One thing you need to understand is that humans cannot control God, i.e, when you ask God a question or when you ask Him to do something for you, He will do it at His own time/will. So if it's God will that He will reveal HImself to you, He will. Note: It is written that no one can see God and live. So don't expect to see Him in human form.

Finally, and the most important: Blasphemy is a sin, whether you believe in God or not.

CC emusan, 5minsmadness, Amhappy, Hiswordxray, tuagbo

P.S: I will not reply quotes about this post.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Emusan(m): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
johnydon22:
How about showing me, we both do not need to believe we have joysticks, we both know we do...
If their are evidence for any god it wont be termed belief anymore, it will be knowing (untmost certainty) but their is not hence belief (faith)

Your first statement is both physical whereas God is a spirit which is not VISIBLE to ordinary eyes which required another means to know Him just as kidneys are not physical but required another process to find it.

And am sure muslims still make this exact claim for allah hence they conclude yahweh is false...
You see that your conviction is based on your sentimental attachment to one particular fable?

Well I won't argue with you about this whether they claimed it or not BUT if both Christians and Muslims (according to you) can communicate with their God then they (Christian and Muslims) Just don't believe BUT EMPIRICALLY prove it so what we left with is WHICH GOD is the TRUE God not that God doesn't exist again.

And what are the evidences?
A book? prrrrrrrrrrrf ya right!!

More than a book personal encountered

see my first reply.. Or better still divide the red see again show me a talking donkey hahahaha...chai..

Why will He divide the red sea/make donkey talk when the need for it doesn't arise?
God has parted red sea in many people's life or made the donkey of worried, hopeless and rejected people talk today. I know you will still call this delusion.

exactly the same way the greeks claim.their myths are true even though its plain myth.
Its dead funny when you discard the Hercules story as myth but believes the samson story as true even.though the hercules story predates that of samson and the later probably was plagiarized from the former..
Their is no amount of belief that can ever make these true...

Well Myth still remains imaginable BUT what I'm telling you is people have found God above just BELIEVE.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
LadyX:

Johnydon22,

I was talking to Frank317 because I can relate with what he's saying.

I have seen you copy paste several times that there is no god.
You asked whether I have encountered God, my answer is a solid YES. I know your next question will be prove that God exists...I don't want to engage in e-war with someone that might not be ready or open minded enough to reason with me.

I want you to know (I know you already know, so it's more of a reminder) that there are different levels of being.
Physical: You can see physical things like trees, stars, clouds etc. If told to prove that a tree exist, you would just point at tree.
Emotional: These are feelings that cannot be seen, but they can be felt. You can prove the existence of feelings like pain, or joy easily through tears (for pain), laughter/smile (For joy), other feelings cannot be proven easily.
Mental/Psychological: It's all in the mind. Some mental conditions can be proven; while others cannot. For example, you can prove that someone, or a mad man has a mental problem because they talk crap or walk naked.
Spiritual: This affects the soul as opposed to physical, emotional, or mental state. Spiritual matters are difficult to explain or understand because we are all at different spiritual levels. Some people are high up there spiritually, while others are almost empty spiritually.

a) Let's start with evil. You have heard, even if you don't believe, about witches and/or witch doctors. They do exist. Some are more powerful than others. There are junior witch doctors who seek spiritual powers from seniour witch doctors. What does that tell you? They are not equal spiritually. Can you prove it by just looking at them? No. Does that mean spirituality does not exist? No. Just because you don't believe in something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Think more about this.

b) Let's move to good. Before we move further, let me tell you that most things have opposites: good> evil, light>darkness, man>woman, heaven>earth etc. Because there are evil powers, there are also good powers. Evil powers are represented by Satan, and good powers are represented by God (You don't have to believe this, but that's how it is). Like I said earlier, there are different spiritual levels. At the bottom we have humans followed by angels, then God (If you've heard of the Holy Trinity, it represents God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit). One thing you need to understand is that humans cannot control God, i.e, when you ask God a question or when you ask Him to do something for you, He will do it at His own time/will. So if it's God will that He will reveal HImself to you, He will. Note: It is written that no one can see God and live. So don't expect to see Him in human form.

Finally, and the most important: Blasphemy is a sin, whether you believe in God or not.

P.S: I will not reply quotes about this post.
lmao... now take a look at this... i asked a simple question and thisbdude got emotional...
Anyway let me ignore since obviously you are afraid of of having a rational argument or should i say afraid of questions.. I am very open minded so let us reason without boring long posts shaa..
Are you in?
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by edogho(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

OK... I will not make fun but I will argue and ask rebuttal questions when I feel the need. Why? Some statements made by Christians are outright annoying and makes me feel I should dig into their sense of reasoning and find out why they are so shallow.
That's life, we will disagree but not hate each other

@ d bolded, u know what d funny thing is Frankie, don't u think this same believers see u and other non-believers as shallow, hence why they're try to dig into ur sense reasonings? sounds familiar?

let me lend u something from my mind (u can give it back if u don't want lols) concerning this believers and non-believers sense of reasoning tussle.

u think them senseless and shallow and they think u dumb and blind. but d funny thing is that u presently claim to have found bliss/peace in ur non-belief buh millions still claim to have found bliss/peace in their believing... ain't that funny? its all d workings of d mind...

one more thing, I (personally) see those non-believers who jest/argue with those who believe in something/someone as those who are insecure/unsure of their position of non-belief, hence d continuous rebuffs and attacks on those beliefs for they unconsciously try to murder that which troubles them.

as for me, understanding/aligning myself with nature to d best of my abilities is my sole aim, other people's beliefs or.convictions can only help buh for a little.

abeg, make I rest my muscles jor, tell me how I go get tenth generation and lost key hardcopy. No cut my head o, I just need them for my small shelf

peace

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by torchwave: 4:57pm On Feb 09, 2015
My brothers and sisters in Christ, it is impossible for the natural mind to understand the things of the spirit. They will despise it, scoff at it, ridicule it, oppose it - anything but believe it.

You will find that the most convincing argument testifying to the existence of God and which also establishes the truth of a spiritual dimension as well as being attested to experentially by thousands and thousands of people from different backgrounds and nations all over the world have little or no effect on the 'open minds' of these folks.

That is because we, brothers and sisters, do not have the power to convince them, to change them, to make them believe. The best we can do is try but it is nothing. Yes we may preach to them or persuade them but it is the duty of the Holy Spirit to convince them, to change them and bring them to the point of receiving Christ.

My point is arguing with them will achieve no miracle of regeneration through repentance. It is enough we have talked to them as Christ commanded us. Having done that we let the Spirit of God do His work. If they continue to resist the Spirit of grace and truth (for He will not strive with man forever), then they have none but themselves to blame for their eternal damnation (hopefully it will not take that to open their eyes).

@5minsmadness, Jman05, Hiswordxray, LadyX, Emusan, Amhappy

3 Likes

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Dannidom(m): 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2015
braine:
Coz of the presence of evil. With that proven, I decided to be on the side of the most powerful being. cheesy
ten thousand likes for u

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

You have a very condescending attitude and I don't have the patience for it. I was discussing with you and you kept using words that as far as i was concerned was insulting. You are the one that kept using the words fool and imaginary god and many other words that I cannot remember now. Also.you are never satisfied no matter the answer that is given to you and then you start talking about 'intelligent discussions'. You are very condescending. Discuss with those that can stand it. If you want to talk in a decent manner instead of being provocational then I will definitely discuss with you.

I know when you wrote the key and when you fiancee died. I wasn't a member of Nairaland then but I felt for you and a lot of folk told you sorry. I knew it was from there you started questioning God . I've read cyberlover and reincarnation. It just pains me that someone as brilliant as you in your stories can turn to insulting other people's beliefs just cos you don't believe in it anymore. I even answered you when you talked about wether wearing artificial hair was a sin and even there your answers to.others was arrogant. If you are angry with God sort it out with him. Don't come to a thread where people are praising God to say your bullshit and think you are making fun and you think it is nice. It is shameful. I am only responding cos I thot you were someone I could look up to once.

Av spoken my mind you can curse me out now.

Like I said... Quote me any where u think I was bitter. I never call you fool until u called me a frustrated person. Pls stop accusing me and lying. I even warned you about it. Go through our discuss, I never called you names until u insulted me.
I have little patience for lairs. Pls quote where I just insulted you during a discuss. U purposely keep on repeating I am angry... Without proof... Yet you don't see that as insult.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Hiswordxray(m): 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

Yes, that's what I tell myself and your likes, I am allergic to bullshit.

Scared of crying for help? Help from who? You or your nonexistent God? Both of u are fools.

What anger really? I have asked you to show me what I said that shows I am angry, but you can't, yet u stupidly just keep on repeating I am angry. Can't u just see u are a big fool?

If you make foolish statement and I ask you a question or say its false, does that make me angry at ur nonexistent God?

I am here to make u see how foolish u are or to make others see it(because u seem incapable of seeing u are plain dumb.) So bring it on. I like ur type.
Continue...
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

This is your first post on this thread. If you don't believe in God in the first place then this thread does not require your input. But since you quoted I guess you do believe in God. Unless of course you were just beimg sarcastic.

Secondly this is an obscene post. Why put it here where people are praising God? Why spoil the mood of the thread from the beginning?
My phone wants to go off. Dont worry, I'll be back.

I don't know if there is a God, but ibam sure hell what you whorship is not the creator. I posted that because I don't believe you have any access to any creator.

And what is wrong with that? U seem to forget that there is a religious body whose purpose of going to heaven is to have their share of 72 virgins right? Hope they are spoiling your mood too with that believe.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Continue...

Good, that's actually better.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

Like I said... Quote me any where u think I was bitter. I never call you fool until u called me a frustrated person. Pls stop accusing me and lying. I even warned you about it. Go through our discuss, I never called you names until u insulted me.
I have little patience for lairs. Pls quote where I just insulted you during a discuss. U purposely keep on repeating I am angry... Without proof... Yet you don't see that as insult.
Yes I went through our discussions on the last thread, you go thru it as well. I even told you to calm down, I even called you brother! You just kept on ridiculing and saying god can jump into hellfire himself...who says dat? If you respect my beliefs you wont be condescending.

Tell me on which planet calling someone a fool equates to calling someone frustrated. The moment you start being insultive or condescending I stop talking. Its that simple.

Ok now I couldn't stand your talk anymore and said ok, so I can peacefully leave the argument since you want to win so badly and you took offence! Shuo. Guy abeg do not call me a liar and look at your own posts. You don't read you just start firing. Then you now threathened to insult me cos you think. I will have seizure if you start insulting . Have your way o, enjoy yourself.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
LadyX:

Hi Frank,
I like the first bolded part. One day God will reveal Himself to you.
@ the second bolded part. I can relate with that. Sometimes, we go through very tough times that we doubt the existence of God. We ask ourselves, "If God trully exists, why did He allow it to happen?"

I did not quote you to prove how wrong, or right you are. I just want you to know that it's perfectly normal to feel how you are feeling. I hope one day you will encounter God, and you will believe that He trully exists.

Peace

Good and I will be waiting
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2015
Amhappy:

This was the tragic incident that changed your life. I hope you get healed some day.

Thanks... I moving on.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

Thanks Mr John. He uses abusive words on me because I don't go with his beliefs. And when I say I an allergic to bullshit he wouldn't understand what I mean.
Meanwhile show mw where i use abusive words on you . Apart from that frustrated which you are holding unto like your life depends on it show me other places where I have abused you frank since 'he uses abusive words'( continous tense). Am waiting.

When you called my belief 'bullshit' I said ok and walked away. You think you are the only one that can insult. If I insult something dear to you would you like it? Would you like me to insult something dear to you so you will know how it feels like?
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

Yes I went through our discussions on the last thread, you go thru it as well. I even told you to calm down, I even called you brother! You just kept on ridiculing and saying god can jump into hellfire himself...who says dat? If you respect my beliefs you wont be condescending.

Hmmm to me the idea of God is a joke. If you feel offended because I said God (something I see as a joke) can go to hell would it be right if I get offended when you tell me God (something I see as silly) loves me and will send men to hell if i don't love him back? Listen I don't believe it and I can't remember anytime Christians respected my believes. They only call u a fool for not believing in their God. Even their bible encouraged that.

Tell me on which planet calling someone a fool equates to calling someone frustrated. The moment you start being insultive or condescending I stop talking. Its that simple.
Now if you call me frustrated... I think I was even kind enough to just call you a fool for that. Trust me.
Stop accusing me... I never called you a fool until you called me frustrated. You were the one who started with the insult.

Ok now I couldn't stand your talk anymore and said ok, so I can peacefully leave the argument since you want to win so badly and you took offence! Shuo. Guy abeg do not call me a liar and look at your own posts. You don't read you just start firing. Then you now threathened to insult me cos you think. I will have seizure if you start insulting . Have your way o, enjoy yourself.

Yea... I actually came here to win a prove you wrong if I can. I think your believe is silly and I am sick of silliness being shoves in my face. Hence when I see the need to opppose it... Trust me, I will.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
This is the post i quoted and your reply.

5minsmadness:

There is no record saying supernatural happenings did not occur when the missionaries evangelised Africa. They came in contact with a lot of danger including fetishes and witchcraft, how did they overcome it? Wasn't supernatural power needed to conquer these? Isn't it possible that ar least one miracle was wrought during evangelisations in those primitive times? Unless of course you don't believe in such things to begin with.
Frank317:
This is my problem with you guys. You admit that[b] there is no record of supernatural occurrence [/b]when the missionaries evangelized Africa, yet you want her to accept your assumption that supernatural means was used to spread the gospel.
Isn't it obvious that supernatural accurance would awe the people and lead them to record such happening? Would they just over look it and record less mind blowing occurrence?
And if she doubt your assumption you accuse her of being unnecessarily stubborn.
you didnt even understand my opening statement. I said there was no record that supernatural occurences DID NOT OCCUR, you understoood it to mean I'm ADMITING there is no occurence of supernatural events. I even corrected you later and told you to calm down!

Doesn't make sense to you who cant see tomorrow but makes sense to God who sees all things from the beginning to the end. These were primitive times, there was no internet, and talking to human beings from the sky was out since the last time He tried it the people died(hence no man can look upon the face of God and live). Also there is something of a connection/ comfort between human beings when the person like you talks about an experience he is having. You will be more willing to accept than if a divine entity who doesn't know what it means to go hungry talks to you about hunger, you understand?

Well like you rigthly pointed out, I am human and it does not make sense to me. Perhaps you are God. However you came to conclusion that it makes sense to God, I don't know. If it makes sense to him, does he not know it does not make sense to me? If he cares less about how it does not make sense to me, then I also care less about how it makes sense to him
Ya... Primitive times indeed[b] and your God had to wait for humans to make internet before deciding that talking to us directly was no longer the best option. Why didn't he come up with internet since he knew that trying to talk to people directly would kill them. Primitive times seems to limit your all knowing God too.[/b]
Lol... Now humans (who dont know anything about divination) are talking to us about God, your God expect this will make more impact? Seriously? You think your God does not understand hunger because he does not get hungry? Now I understand why children in somalia are dying of hunger despite praying to him.
Tell your God its not working. He should trying another means of reaching the people (since he is good at trial and error). Actually I would suggest to your all knowing deity that talking to us directly would yield a better understanding of him.

Ordinary Paul and Silas came to a gentile nation to preach the gospel and after working miracles the people wanted to worship them as gods. This would have diverted them away from the message of salvation. Using supernatural methods have always thrown off the point of God's message. Even till today people flock to churches not for the salvation of their souls but for flamboyant miracles. The soul is more important to God than the flesh because the soul is immortal. The flesh isn't and will decay here.

Now I am confused: actually you are confused; let me get you straight: are you now complaining that using humans will not work again because people would worship them as God? So why is he still using humans? What does your God expect when he choses to remain invisible.
Again am confused: actually[b] u are confused[/b] ; you claimed he would have used supernatural means to spread the gospel in Africa, why are you suggesting it would throw of point God's message?
When he used supernatural means in the bible, did it throw of point his message?
Your God seem to have created humans, only to be confused on how best to reach them band communicate smoothly with them. What's hard in reaching his people and making them to understand him and worship him the way he likes? Why is such an easy thing difficult for him?
No, instead of getting it right for once in his everlasting life, the best option for him is to spend so much effort in creating hell so the he will punish those who can't reach him.
So much for an all knowing God.

at later bolded are your condescending remarks. if you cant discuss 'my God' without ridicule then I cant discuss with you. I'm like that with those that I love dearly. That's just me.

Show me where I have called you fool or stubborn or stupid or simple minded here o.
am coming.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

Meanwhile show mw where i use abusive words on you . Apart from that frustrated which you are holding unto like your life depends on it show me other places where I have abused you frank since 'he uses abusive words'( continous tense). Am waiting.

When you called my belief 'bullshit' I said ok and walked away. You think you are the only one that can insult. If I insult something dear to you would you like it? Would you like me to insult something dear to you so you will know how it feels like?

The only abusive word you used on me was fruatrated. And that was why I called you a fool. Simple. I retaliated.

I actually think your believe is bullshit that's why you see me here. Do you think the idea of killing ones self for the sake of having seventy two virgins in heaven is silly?
So you call me frustrated because I think your idea is silly? Do you think its wrong when bokoharam kill Christians because they don't accept their beliefs?
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

This is my problem with you guys. You admit that there is no record of supernatural occurrence when the missionaries evangelized Africa, yet you want her to accept your assumption that supernatural means was used to spread the gospel.
Isn't it obvious that supernatural occurrence would awe the people and lead them to record such happening? Would they just over look it and record less mind blowing occurrence?
And if she doubt your assumption you accuse her of being unnecessarily stubborn.
[size=14pt]Calm down frank![/size] You are doing the same thing you accused me of earlier, and that is not reading a post well before answering. Look at the post again below:

5minsmadness:
There is no record saying supernatural happenings did not occur when the missionaries evangelised Africa...
Note the negation there in bold, you are a literary genius, you should know I was trying to say that supernatural events most likely would have taken place!

Well like you rightly pointed out, I am human and it does not make sense to me. Perhaps you are God. However you came to conclusion that it makes sense to God, I don't know. If it makes sense to him, does he not know it does not make sense to me? If he cares less about how it does not make sense to me, then I also care less about how it makes sense to him
Honestly, that's your choice. If God wanted to use angels to spread the gospel he would have done so from Jerusalem, not Africa. And like i said, most people on seeing angels tend to bow down and want to worship them thus removing the glory of worship from God. That would be too much of a distraction. Your own fellow human being coming to preach to you is much better than an angel from the skies. Angel or human you have heard the gospel. What you are going to do with it is solely up to you!

Primitive times indeed and your God had to wait for humans to make internet before deciding that talking to us directly was no longer the best option. Why didn't he come up with internet since he knew that trying to talk to people directly would kill them. Primitive times seems to limit your all knowing God too.

What point are you trying to make here? God knew talking to humans directly wasn't the best option since the time of exodus, probably before then! What has the invention of the internet got to do with this discussion??

Lol... Now humans (who dont know anything about divination) are talking to us about God, your God expect this will make more impact? Seriously? You think your God does not understand hunger because he does not get hungry? Now I understand why children in somalia are dying of hunger despite praying to him.

@bolded, oh[b][size=15pt] I strongly disagree sir.[/size] [/b]Humans know a lot about divination. Just because you have never seen air doesn't mean it does not exist. Just because you have never experienced anything supernatural doesn't mean it doesn't exist!
The hunger example is given for the benefit of humans, not God. If a rich man comes to you and says "I know what it means to be poor, I've been there." and a poor man comes to you and says "I know what it means to be poor" who are you more likely to believe? The poor man of course. God would rather a human like you preach the gospel to you than a deity like an angel!

Tell your God its not working. He should trying another means of reaching the people (since he is good at trial and error). Actually I would suggest to your all knowing deity that talking to us directly would yield a better understanding of him.

I strongly believe God is more interested in quality than quantity. He would rather have refined material that has gone through the fire than any tom, dick and harry. The truth is no matter what is done the gospel will not be accepted by everyone.

Now I am confused: actually you are confused; let me get you straight: are you now complaining that using humans will not work again because people would worship them as God? So why is he still using humans? What does your God expect when he choses to remain invisible.
Again am confused: actually u are confused; you claimed he would have used supernatural means to spread the gospel in Africa, why are you suggesting it would throw of point God's message?
When he used supernatural means in the bible, did it throw of point his message?
Your God seem to have created humans, only to be confused on how best to reach them band communicate smoothly with them. What's hard in reaching his people and making them to understand him and worship him the way he likes? Why is such an easy thing difficult for him?
No, instead of getting it right for once in his everlasting life, the best option for him is to spend so much effort in creating hell so the he will punish those who can't reach him.

Of course you are confused because you didn't understand the post from the beginning![size=15pt] You are looking for who to attack instead of trying to understand the message![/size]

There are numerous instances in the bible where a miracle worker or prophet was seen as a god or to be worshiped etc. Each time such prophets are people would be quick to point to God as the source of the glory and not them. Even Jesus Christ that worked so many miracles in the three years he spent on earth was ALONE on the cross! No army rose up from the people he healed to save him! Even his apostles ran away from him! Miracles DO NOT WORK in bringing about salvation! God wants loyal subjects not ass-kissers! He doesn't want a repitition of the heavenly rebellion! He is looking for quality not quantity.

At the last bolded on your post...it this the crux of your quarrel with God? Are you rebelling because you think if you disobey God you will go to hell? [size=15pt]That's not the way brother[/size]. God made hell for the devil.and his angels, not for any man. It is a pity man had been tainted with sin and cannot enter heaven with it for no unclean thing shall enter that place.

Don't listen to those religious christians threatening you with hell if you don't accept the message o eternal life. Those are scare tactics and those christians are working in error! Believe rather in the love of God and His willingness to take your soul under his wings at the end of your sojourn on earth, believe that this world around you and whatever happens in it is temporary and will all come to an end.
Even Death will come to an end. What we as christians should be hustling for is what comes afterwards! Don't focus on eternal damnation if not you will continue being angry. Focus on eternal life and peace instead!

I even tried to calm you down and call you brother! I even tried to explain to you that the idea of christianity is not about throwing people in hell fire. We are not to judge! How did I offend you?
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
And despite my trying to make peace with you, this was your response concerning "My God"
At the last bolded on your post...it this the crux of your quarrel with God? Are you rebelling because you think if you disobey God you will go to hell? That's not the way brother. God made hell for the devil.and his angels, not for any man. It is a pity man had been tainted with sin and cannot enter heaven with it for no unclean thing shall enter that place.
frank317:
What's this? Its seems you love assumptions. Who cares if he throws even himself into hell. If he created the world and decides hell is the best option, that show your God is incompetent. [size=14pt]I am just trying to prove to you how meaningless what you believe is[/size]. If you can ask me the question above.... U make me wonder if you are capable of getting into discussion with me.
Why are you so interested in proving to me how meaningless my belief is? Whats that about?
@bolded more condescending remarks. I was like, what did i say to warrant such? So i decided to leave you and I replied ok. BUt you wouldnt leave me alone. you stll found a way to quote me. Ifinally told you thaT i couldnt argue with you since you sounded spiritually frustrated and no answer would appease you. You now called me a FOOL. Keep it up sir. I assure you anything I felt concerning your matter I wont bother again. YOu have won in that regard.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

Hmmm to me the idea of God is a joke. If you feel offended because I said God (something I see as a joke) can go to hell would it be right if I get offended when you tell me God (something I see as silly) loves me and will send men to hell if i don't love him back? Listen I don't believe it and I can't remember anytime Christians respected my believes. They only call u a fool for not believing in their God. Even their bible encouraged that.

Now if you call me frustrated... I think I was even kind enough to just call you a fool for that. Trust me.
Stop accusing me... I never called you a fool until you called me frustrated. You were the one who started with the insult.

Yea... I actually came here to win a prove you wrong if I can. I think your believe is silly and I am sick of silliness being shoves in my face. Hence when I see the need to opppose it... Trust me, I will.

Am just seeing this. Its obvious I'm wasting my time.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2015
5minsmadness:
This is the post i quoted and your reply.

Frank317:
This is my problem with you guys. You admit that[b] there is no record of supernatural occurrence [/b]when the missionaries evangelized Africa, yet you want her to accept your assumption that supernatural means was used to spread the gospel.
Isn't it obvious that supernatural accurance would awe the people and lead them to record such happening? Would they just over look it and record less mind blowing occurrence?
you didnt even understand my opening statement. I said there was no record that supernatural occurences DID NOT OCCUR, you understoood it to mean I'm ADMITING there is no occurence of supernatural events. I even corrected you later and told you to calm down!

Well like you rigthly pointed out, I am human and it does not make sense to me. Perhaps you are God. However you came to conclusion that it makes sense to God, I don't know. If it makes sense to him, does he not know it does not make sense to me? If he cares less about how it does not make sense to me, then I also care less about how it makes sense to him
Ya... Primitive times indeed[b] and your God had to wait for humans to make internet before deciding that talking to us directly was no longer the best option. Why didn't he come up with internet since he knew that trying to talk to people directly would kill them. Primitive times seems to limit your all knowing God too.[/b]

Again am confused: actually[b] u are confused[/b] ; you claimed he would have used supernatural means to spread the gospel in Africa, why are you suggesting it would throw of point God's message?

at later bolded are your condescending remarks. if you cant discuss 'my God' without ridicule then I cant discuss with you. I'm like that with those that I love dearly. That's just me.

Show me where I have called you fool or stubborn or stupid or simple minded here o.
am coming.

The quotes above are very mature discussions from two of us. What is your point.

now I am confused,,actually you are confused

are you implying I also insulted myself here? You made confusing statement which I showed you afterwards. That's no insult. We were having an argument and if you get confused in the process I will say you are confused. Lol you just want to force this to go ur way right?

All the bolded where explained in my following statement. And I clearly explain why I think so of your God. Wasn't that the reason we were having d discussion in the first place? If I thought your God or whatever you believe in was not silly... Trust me, I wouldn't be here.

I don't know what you are unto. I never accused you of calliing a fool or stupid, so what's all that?
I called you a fool just because you called me frustrated and if you do that again, I will tell you bad words.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

I don't know if there is a God, but ibam sure hell what you whorship is not the creator. I posted that because I don't believe you have any access to any creator.

And what is wrong with that? U seem to forget that there is a religious body whose purpose of going to heaven is to have their share of 72 virgins right? Hope they are spoiling your mood too with that believe.
And you have been the only man in the world to suffer tragedies so much so you now equate christianity with Islam.
It was a mistake trying to talk to you. I agree now whole heartedly. AM sorry I even tried.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

I even tried to calm you down and call you brother! I even tried to explain to you that the idea of christianity is not about throwing people in hell fire. We are not to judge! How did I offend you?

There is nothing bad or offensive in the discussion above. The only way you offended me was by calling me frustrated.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

And you have been the only man in the world to suffer tragedies so much so you now equate christianity with Islam.
It was a mistake trying to talk to you. I agree now whole heartedly. AM sorry I even tried.

So what has any tragedy got to do with what I said? Does equating Christianity with Islam mean signify tragedy to you? Smh
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2015
Frank317 and 5minsmadness
Common brothers lets not get personal with this...
Let us let it go and move on.
I love you all here in religious section
We learn alot and have fun with our arguments but no one should take it personal...
Peace to all
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Frank317 and 5minsmadness
Common brothers lets not get personal with this...
Let us let it go and move on.
I love you all here in religious section
We learn alot and have fun with our arguments but no one should take it personal...
Peace to all

U are right bro...hey Mr 5minsmadness... Sorry for calling u a fool.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by 5minsmadness: 7:18pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

Well I still think you re spiritually frustrated!

Just kidding man.
Sorry if my.comment of spiritually frustrated offended you. I apologise .
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

5minsmadness:

Well I still think you re spiritually frustrated!

Just kidding man.
Sorry if my.comment of spiritually frustrated offended you. I apologise .
Aaaaaaw am so proud of you two... this is how things should be..
so glad you guys listened to me smiley

now to all here in religion section while arguing about our different religions or different beliefs or orientation, let us not take them personal and use abuse.

No matter our diversity, our humanity is still our bond and love should always be our main view of our fellow humans no matter the difference.

Peace and love be with all...!!!
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Amhappy(f): 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
Good job,for returning peace @ johnydon22.

@Oga Frank317 i see you enter this section blazing very very hot(didnt know this side of you existed lol). The kind of arguement for this section no suit me at all. Running back to family section abeg.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Hiswordxray(m): 8:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Aaaaaaw am so proud of you two... this is how things should be..
so glad you guys listened to me smiley

now to all here in religion section while arguing about our different religions or different beliefs or orientation, let us not take them personal and use abuse.

No matter our diversity, our humanity is still our bond and love should always be our main view of our fellow humans no matter the difference.

Peace and love be with all...!!!
Philosophy may be good but it lack power.
Knowledge may be helpful but without life it is useless (Christ is the life).
You can preach philosophy from now till the next twenty year but it will only accomplish very little good.
Humans had known morality for years but find it very difficult to follow.

The problem is the nature of man (it is evil) and no amount of philosophy, moral laws or even religion could change it.
But Christ have come to give us God's nature.

The life of God is the solution we've been looking for.
If you want to see people change and life transformed then give them Christ (not religion, not moral law or ethical code, not even philosophy).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Catholic Priest Cures A Cripple In London: Live Video.. Ebube Muonso / The Battle Is Getting Interesting / Christmas Carol Night Service Live On Emmanuel TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.