Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,299 members, 7,860,732 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:08 PM

Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom (16343 Views)

Sule Lamido For President 2019 Campaign Vehicles (Photos) / Fashola Dancing Shoki At APC Campaign Rally (photos) / Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by welbeck317(m): 10:18am On Jan 29, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP can't do without violence!
it runs in dier vein

cry
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by abiolag(m): 10:20am On Jan 29, 2015
Violence here and there, May God help this nation
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by johnbu: 10:34am On Jan 29, 2015
nigerians should be very careful at this political struggles, retaliation is not the best option to launch annihilation on the opposition parties. remember. nigeria belongs to all, abstain from generating social bedlam through canvassing for any political party.
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by samplegirl(f): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2015
APC is bad air that ought not be breath in but nevertheless let us condemn evil no matter the colour, size or form. Let us show maturity and not do as they do.

GEJ all the way.

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by anonimi: 10:37am On Jan 29, 2015
welbeck317:
it runs in dier vein

cry

Do you mean the veins of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC

Bloodbath at Ibadan APC rally
22.Nov.2014

THE peaceful atmosphere in Ibadan, Oyo State capital, was shattered on Friday as hoodlums believed to be political thugs unleashed mayhem on the city and proceeded to engage the police in a shootout. shocked

In the ensuing melee, an Inspector of Police was shot dead with many others, including an acting Divisional Police Officer, (DPO) and a Divisional Traffic Officer (DTO), receiving gunshot wounds. shocked They are currently in critical conditions while the police last night declared that it had drawn the battle line with politicians and their thugs.

There were conflicting reports on the cause of the mayhem but a Police source informed Saturday Tribune that hoodlums, who attended a final day ‘Meet the People Tour’ undertaken by Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State, held at Oke Ado office of the All Progressives Congress (APC) governor in the heart of Ibadan, stirred the uprising.

“Policemen from Iyaganku division were called to maintain peace and orderliness at the rally and on sensing a brewing crisis between a man dressed in APC uniform and a commercial motorcyclist, our men moved to know what was happening,” said the source.

‘The cyclist said he was asked by the man to take him to a destination but he refused because he was not interested in carrying any passenger dressed in political party’s uniform.

“At that point, we reasoned with the cyclist and advised the man to wait for another rider who might not mind carrying him even in his party’s vest.’’

The source explained further that the man insisted that the cyclist must carry him and as the exchanges hot up, a gang came around to further disturb the peace and one of them punched a policeman in the face.

At this point, the source said, the policemen arrested a couple of the thugs and called the acting Divisional Police Officer in Iyaganku who advised that the situation be brought under control pending her arrival to the scene.

“When she (acting DPO) arrived, she had discussions with APC chieftains who pleaded for the understanding of the policemen as in an event of such magnitude, miscreants, parading as partymen, could hijack the situation and terrorise the people.

“However, as the discussion was ongoing, some people believed to be APC loyalists demanded that two of those arrested by the police be released immediately.

“To our surprise, we saw another group of hoodlums who were protesting the arrest made by the police, and were shooting sporadically letting loose hell on everybody. Some of our men had to ferry the acting DPO to safety in a neaby filling station.

“In the crossfire, one of our men, an inspector, was shot in the head. He died on the spot, The acting DPO sustained gunshot injuries, while the Divisional Traffic Officer was not spared. In fact, as of now, nobody can say actually how many policemen and innocent people were injured,” the police source said.

The Police Inspector was confirmed dead at the emergency unit of a hospital located at Oke Padre area of Ibadan while the DPO and the DTO are receiving treatment at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan.

Meanwhile, the crisis extended to other parts of Ibadan, making areas in South Eastern part of the city, namely Idi Arere and Born Foto, deserted as residents fled when political thugs engaged one another in bloody clashes.

Soon after, it was learnt, the fracas extended to Iyana Lodge and Popoyemoja areas of the city.

Saturday Tribune gathered that a masquerader in Born Foto area, led an army of thugs to engage rival gangs in a clash that left many injured.

Police Public Relations Officer of the state’s Police Command, Superintendent of Police, Bisi Okuwobi-Ilobanafor reacted in a statement that the command would wage a ruthless war on political thugs as a total of 18 people had been arrested in connection with the fracas and would be charged to court.

“The Oyo State Police Command is deeply miffed by the gruesome, unwarranted and unprovoked murder of an Inspector of Police by political thugs during a political rally in Oke Ado area of Ibadan, today, November 21, 2014,’ Okuwobi-Ilobanfor said in the statement made available to Saturday Tribune.

“The Commissioner of Police, CP Kola Sodipo, hereby warns politicians and supporters in unequivocal terms that the battle line has been drawn between the command and anyone out to perpetrate criminality,” the statement added.

Reacting, the APC, Oyo State chapter, believed the mayhem was mastermided by opposition party thugs who infiltrated the party’s rank by wearing its vests.

Publicity Secretary of the party in the state, Wale Shadare, blamed the opposition for scheming the mayhem to embarrass Governor Abiola Ajimobi and give an unhappy ending to his tour.

“Why did it happen on the last day of the tour? Why did they choose the governor’s local government area to inflict the mayhem? The opposition parties embarked on the violence to embarrass the governor and take the shine off the successful tour,” Shadare said in a statement made available to Saturday Tribune.

From: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/22252-bloodbath-at-ibadan-apc-rally/22252-bloodbath-at-ibadan-apc-rally?tmpl=component

Vote wisely!!!
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 10:52am On Jan 29, 2015
You guys are ridiculously pathetic.
You rejoice when illegal acts are perpetrated by the opponent party, swift to point accusing fingers.

Poverty exceeds the absence of wealth or riches. Poverty is in your reasoning, your attitude, and your actions. You can't be reasoning like a common man and expect results.

Ask yourself. How many rich men have you seen burning houses and cars? How many rich men have you seen insulting themselves because of the triviality of politics? The reality is that you will be the one to curse, you will be the one to fight, and you will be the one to die. The looting will continue.

If we demand justice and flawless governance, it should be from those already in power. You sit at the comfort of your room pointing fingers and saying GEJ is not working. If there was a protest would you have participated?

We shouldn't kill ourselves over who wins but rather we should collect our PVC and vote for who we want with the hope that there is no rigging.

#Saynotoelectionviolence

2 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by Tsanyawa: 10:57am On Jan 29, 2015
SAI Buhari come FeBuhari
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 29, 2015
Trailblazer1:

APC = BOKOHARAM

Is it now plausible?
i'm glad you see the show of foolish cynicism when people say say violence is exvylusive to APC.

APC2015.
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by emeka2847: 11:19am On Jan 29, 2015
Later, they'll say APC is violent.
No shame in APC.
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by ccollins(m): 11:28am On Jan 29, 2015
[quote author=kodded post=30235007][/quote] No common sense on your sense of judgement.. GEJ is in PDP as presidential candidates. Are you not aware of the acts of violence commited severally by the party members in party.. Also post pics of PDP youths causing violence to be fair at least
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by egobetatoday: 11:30am On Jan 29, 2015
please lets shun violence.

abeg wetin concern me
it is called tit for tat
a.k.a titi for tata
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by KenSaroWiwa: 11:44am On Jan 29, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=30233684][/quote]
Lalasticlala Where I now ur a bloody thief is me breaking the news before you and you still making frontpage before me. You'll soon be exposed and what I'll do to you will make you quite nairaland
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by saintsinner360: 11:49am On Jan 29, 2015
msmon:
Listen, this is just too long. Btw, what's your motive of posting this?

shocked wen I saw dis online, allah promised all muslim male dat kills in his name eternal erections! Wad a god.
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by gebest: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2015
If it is PDP vehicle dat was burnt now, hell will let open.
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by afanide: 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP can't do without violence!

BUT APC STARTED IT IN JOS!!!

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN SO SOON
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by rottenegg: 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
Most of u just comment without facts! Get the facts before u start typing. A little research does not kill. Stop drowning with poorly written NL topics.
This was not done by APC or PDP but by ORONYOUTHS who felt marginalised as the governorship/senetorial seats have been taken by the people of Eket and not shared accordingly.
Read more and get your facts in order.
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by McyoungStarboy(m): 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
That news is fake. Am from Oron, dat news is a fake news, na 2day ah bliv say media d giv fake news. This is a brief of what happened. Oron youth attacked PDP not APC. The attacked PDP because Godswill Akpabio after denying Oron dir ryt of bcoming d next Governor by selecting Udom Emmanuels came for Campaign in oron which he shouldn't av. Our youth started throwing stone at dem in d stadium because of what he said. PDP not APC o
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by beluonwu: 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
APC should be sincere to them selfs.
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
The DPO for that area should be ashamed unless his boys shot dead many of the miscreants.
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by adeA1(m): 1:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
Cnt ds ApC stop all ds propaganda for God sake!!!!.
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by johnmartus(m): 1:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
clevvermind:
this is politics na. apc can do it to blackmail PDP. get sense.
robot
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by Chibokgame: 1:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
Haykay80:
NIGERIANS WAKE UP!
PRESIDENT JONATHAN EXPOSED!!
PLEASE HEAR THE PROFOUND ASSESSMENTS BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN’S CAMPAIGN “MARKETER” (FEMI FANIKAYODE) THE LAST TIME HE DUMPED PDP for APC:

1. ON PDP.
(a) “Frankly speaking the PDP has become a party that is beyond redemption and the removal of Tukur cannot change that. I say this because no sensible person will go back to a stinking carcass simply because the head of the dead animal has been cut off and thrown away. A carcass remains a carcass whether you cut off it’s head, legs or any other part of it’s body or not. Whichever way, it remains as dead as a dodo and it only awaits a formal burial. The truth is that the vultures are already feeding fat on the rotting and decaying cadavar of the PDP and whether anyone likes to hear it or not the truth is that that party can never be whole again. As I said eight months ago it is a party that has been rejected by God and whose leaders are suffering God’s judgement for their unjust, gluttonous, wicked, foul and evil ways”.

(b) “(PDP is a) self-evident Sinking Ship.”
(c) “I am not sure that great men have respect for the party again. I AM NOT SURE FORMER PRESIDENT, CHIEF OLUSEGUN OBASANJO IS RESPECTING THE PARTY AGAIN and many others, so I had to bid the party bye-bye.” (Emphasis mine).
(d) “PDP AS WE ONCE KNEW HER HAS GONE FOREVER. THE SHIP HAS HIT THE ROCKS AND SHE HAS SUNK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. SHE IS DEAD AND BURIED AND MY PRAYER IS THAT HER SOUL RESTS IN PERFECT PEACE.” (Emphasis mine).

2. ON OBASANJO’S LETTER TO JONATHAN:
“OBJ has finally closed GEJ’s chapter with his letter. JONATHAN IS FINISHED- MARK MY WORDS. Abati should shut up and let his boss speak for himself on this one.
The Ebora Owu has spoken and the issues that he has raised are too serious to be ignored or to be responded to with amatuerish and cheeky insults and slurs from a mere staff of the Presidency.
The President should find the courage to personally answer the charges and address the message rather than get his aides to attack the messenger. As Baba said, Jonathan is “bleeding Nigeria to death”. It is time for change.
God used Obasanjo to put Jonathan in power and, by His grace,He will use that same Obasanjo to remove him.” (Emphasis mine).

3. ON ALL PROGRESSIVES PARTY: A. P.C.
(a) “I don’t know what the minds of Nigerians are. All I know is that the level of discontentment for the government of the PDP in this country is unprecedented. Not only do I know that, I also know that in terms of the quality of leadership as far as I am concerned, if you compare the leadership of today’s PDP to APC leadership, there is absolutely no comparison. IT IS TIME FOR HANGE IN THIS COUNTRY….as far as I am concerned, they present a far more credible leadership than we have in the PDP today”. (Emphasis mine).
(b) “What Nigerians need now is to join hands with the APC Leaders, Major Gen. Mohammadu Buhari and Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu to move the nation forward”. (Emphasis mine).
4. ON PRESIDENT JONATHAN
(a)“THE PROBLEM THAT WE HAVE IS THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF” (Emphasis mine).
(b) “A PRESIDENT WHO PRIDES HIMSELF ON HIS WEAKNESS AND INCOMPETENCE AND WHOSE LOVE OF FALSE PROPHETS AND STRANGE WOMEN KNOWS NO BOUNDS AND HAS NO ENDS”. (Emphasis mine).
(c) “A President who has abdicated his responsibilities, destroyed his own political party, divided his own country…abandoned his own people, brought ridicule to his own faith, cowers before his own officials…scorns the international community and BREAK HIS SOLEMN OATH TO PROTECT AND DEFEND THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE”. (Emphasis mine).
(d) “May God bring us a real leader that can save our nation and MAY HE TAKE AWAY THIS ONE WHO FEELS NO PAIN AND HAS NO EMPATHY WHEN NIGERIAN BLOOD, NAY EVEN THE BLOOD OF INNOCENT CHILDREN, IS SHED WITH IMPUNITY”. (Emphasis mine).
(e) “When the President is defeated, he will declare himself winner, the same way it happened in the NGF (Nigerian Governor’s Forum). HE WILL TRY TO SPLIT THE COUNTRY THE SAME WAY HE DID TO THE NGF”. (Emphasis mine).
(f) “IN 2015,IF THE PDP LOSES TO APC AND THEY ARE TRYING TO PLAY THIS KIND OF GAME WITH NIGERIANS, THEN THEY WILL KNOW WE ALL OWN THIS COUNTRY.” (Emphasis mine).
(g) ”THE PRESIDENT IS LEADING NIGERIA ON THE ROAD TO HELL. The madness, the attacks, the killings, the insults, the persecution, the wickedness, the impunity and the intimidation has to stop forthwith or else the consequences will be grave for the continued unity of our country. “(Emphasis mine).
A. WE CAN NOW CLEARLY SEE THAT WHEN A “DOG GOES BACK TO IT’S VOMIT” SUCH A DOG IS UNFIT AS IT MAY INFEST THE HOUSE WITH EPIDEMIC DISEASES. CREDIBILITY IS THE USEFULNESS OF ANY LEADER. A MAN WHO LACKS CREDIBILITY IS FOR EVER BEREFT OF HONOR, MORAL CONSISTENCY AND RELIGIOUS BALANCE.
B. WE CAN NOW PALPABLY REALIZE THAT PDP “IS DEAD AND BURIED” AND “HAS BECOME A PARTY THAT IS BEYOND REDEMPTION”.
C. WE CAN NOW FRANKLY DEDUCT THAT A.P.C. HAS “NO COMPARISON” AND THAT “WHAT NIGERIANS NEED NOW IS TO JOIN HANDS WITH THE APC LEADERS, MAJOR GEN. MOHAMMADU BUHARI ….TO MOVE THE NATION FORWARD” BECAUSE “IT IS TIME FOR HANGE IN THIS COUNTRY”.
D. WE CAN NOW CONCLUDE THAT “THE PROBLEM THAT WE HAVE IS THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF” BECAUSE:
1. “…. HIS WEAKNESS AND INCOMPETENCE … LOVE OF FALSE PROPHETS AND STRANGE WOMEN KNOWS NO BOUNDS AND HAS NO ENDS”.

2. HE “….HAS ABDICATED HIS RESPONSIBILITIES, DESTROYED HIS OWN POLITICAL PARTY, DIVIDED HIS OWN COUNTRY…ABANDONED HIS OWN PEOPLE, BROUGHT RIDICULE TO HIS OWN FAITH, COWERS BEFORE HIS OWN OFFICIALS…SCORNS THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY AND BREAK HIS SOLEMN OATH TO PROTECT AND DEFEND THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE”.

3. “HE WILL TRY TO SPLIT THE COUNTRY THE SAME WAY HE DID TO THE NGF.”

4. ”THE PRESIDENT IS LEADING NIGERIA ON THE ROAD TO HELL”. AND

E. WE CAN NOW SAFELY AND PROUDLY SUBMIT THAT TO GET OUT OF THIS ABYSMAL GULAG OF CORRUPTION OF THE HIGHEST ORDER, GROSS INCOMPETENCE, WANTON SHEDDING OF BLOOD, AS WELL AS ACUTE DISPLAY OF UNPRECEDENTED MISGOVERNANCE, NIGERIANS MUST VOTE OUT JONATHAN OF PDP AND ELECT BUHARI OF A.P.C. AS NIGERIAN PRESIDENT.
LONG LIVE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

So
How many LIKES do you want now ?
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by flashyoba231(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2015
An eye 4 an eye..dats d game..

Abeg OFURE pass me dat iron..
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by jaytee01(m): 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is very bad as their grievances can be settled through the ballot box
Re: Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom by VoteWisely: 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
#VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi / Adegboruwa: Herdsmen's Actions Illegal, Presidency Misinterpreted Constitution / Cash Inflow Into TSA Hits N 4.3trn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.