Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

I'm Sorry To Say This But Brains Were Wasted On The Average Nigerian - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I'm Sorry To Say This But Brains Were Wasted On The Average Nigerian (1085 Views)

10 Habits The Average Nigerian Should Let Go Of! / Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In / Why Do People Now Use The Word SORRY To Start Almost Every Conversation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Sorry To Say This But Brains Were Wasted On The Average Nigerian by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 29, 2015
Now before you jump down to the comment section to insult me over the thread's name - Listen first
There are three things that plague the people of this supposedly great country
-Superstition
-Over religious "Holier Than Thou Attitude"
-Ignorance (frankly ever since humans created the internet,I believe ignorance is a choice)
-This "God will do it" attitude (I'm a Christian,but anytime people tell me the 'God will do it' phrase I feel like punching them in the face)
-Tribalism
-Undiluted Stoopidity
Over 2000 people have been killed ever since this boko haram thing began - what did we do about it? We took to twitter to post #BringBackOurGirls ( ._.) - I feel ashamed to be a nigerian
A good look at what happened in france is what differentiates the white man from the blacks - the white man isn't myopic and can see the bigger picture - what will happen when boko haram gains confidence and decides to march down south? What will happen then?
Trayvon martin (one freaking person was killed) and the whole of america erupted in chaos - people took to the streets everywhere was shut down - over 2000 people were killed and we're here asking buhari for his certificate. don't you see that the international community already regards us as dangerously dumb?
The superstitious people who use people for 'money rituals' on the premise that they'll sacrifice a person and be blessed with money from the 'gods of the land' have broken the stoopidity barrier - there is no such thing as witches/wizards and if you believe in them you should get your brain checked.
I remember finding a cat at my doorstep a faithful morning,it was grey and looked cute so I took it as a pet. Unknowing to me my neighbours had started calling me a wizard for keeping a cat ^_^ and they actually attempted to kill mr burns
(named it after my fav simpson character)
Thank God I came home early that day,all I could tell them was "You people are pathetic"
And throughout the day I kept thinking "how is a cat the cause of their problems?"
Nigerians blame others for their misfortune - nowadays I don't go to churches that "Cast out demons/or command the holy ghost fire to 'uproot' any evil tree planted in my life" (lool @ this tho') - if you're one of the people who pray this prayer,you need to stop it and start praying for your progress
I don't believe there's such a thing called "talent or God-given gifts" everybody was created equal - and saying someone has a talent for something is an excuse for you not being great at it.
I Remember when I was in secondary school - when waec results came out I had straight A's,My classmates told me I was "born with the brain and intelligence was my gift" smh
So what if I wasn't up all night studying hard would I still have gotten the A's?
Nigerians even have an excuse for not being intelligent - "its not my gift" ( ._.)
THIS NATION IS DOOMED!

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm Sorry To Say This But Brains Were Wasted On The Average Nigerian by kilokeys(m): 8:48am On Jan 29, 2015
bros... 1Million likes for u

we pray against d harmattan, against d rain, against the sun.

we pray about Nepa

me is thinking.. most unreasonable prayers from Africans are in Heaven's mail.(spam folder) . being deleted and gawked at by Angel Fatai

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Sorry To Say This But Brains Were Wasted On The Average Nigerian by SeverusSnape(m): 8:55am On Jan 29, 2015
So are you saying we shouldn't ask Buhari of his certificate
Nice post though
Re: I'm Sorry To Say This But Brains Were Wasted On The Average Nigerian by chidekings(m): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2015
good points u got there bro,

but the title is harsh
Re: I'm Sorry To Say This But Brains Were Wasted On The Average Nigerian by Freiburger(m): 9:41am On Jan 29, 2015
Joshuabase:

-Undiluted Stoopidity
Lol... you mean like that of a stüpid giant?
Re: I'm Sorry To Say This But Brains Were Wasted On The Average Nigerian by rioemmanuel(m): 3:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
You are Right.
Your last paragragh actually got me thinking
Re: I'm Sorry To Say This But Brains Were Wasted On The Average Nigerian by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
Thanks guys I write it how I see it
Re: I'm Sorry To Say This But Brains Were Wasted On The Average Nigerian by cold(m): 12:24am On Jan 30, 2015
^^^ What could be more stupìd than the Christian toga you still lay claim to? What could be dumber than tenaciously holding on to ancient Jewish myths even though you admit some the typical religious clichès are a turn off for you yet,you can't afford to let go. If it's so difficult for you to change a mindset full of indoctrination,then you can totally understand the 'average Nigerian' you loathe so much.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Funny Tweet From A Nigerian Man Disappointed In African Parents / Profile Pictures Of The 8 Drug Traffickers Executed By Indonesian Government / 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.