Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra (3328 Views)

Getting Rid Of Engine Oil Shortages / 4 Tricks Mechanics Use In Extorting Money From Car Owners / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by Untainted007: 2:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
Good day fellow Nairalanders, I have a Hyundai Elantra 2013 which I bought brand new about a year and a months ago. I have been servicing it for free at Hyundai Service Centre for the first 3 times (1000km, 5000km and 10,000km). My next service is estimated at 15,000 which is due now. But I dont really appreciate servicing my car with Hyundai service centre because clients don't know the kind of oil or part they use. They only drive in your car inside their workshop and ask you to wait at the reception. The free service has finished now, and someone advised me to use MOBIL 1 engine to service my car henceforth with the assistant of one Hyundai Mechanic working with any of their centres to help me service it at home. IS THEIR ANY RECOMMENDED ENGINE OIL FOR HYUNDAI PRODUCTS OR PERHAPS IS THERE ANY ENGINE OIL BETTER THAN MOBIL 1?
Pls, I will appreciate your contributions because I know two good heads are better than one. Thanks in advance for your contributions. God bless
Re: Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
Untainted007:
Good day fellow Nairalanders, I have a Hyundai Elantra 2013 which I bought brand new about a year and a months ago. I have been servicing it for free at Hyundai Service Centre for the first 3 times (1000km, 5000km and 10,000km). My next service is estimated at 15,000 which is due now. But I dont really appreciate servicing my car with Hyundai service centre because clients don't know the kind of oil or part they use. They only drive in your car inside their workshop and ask you to wait at the reception. The free service has finished now, and someone advised me to use MOBIL 1 engine to service my car henceforth with the assistant of one Hyundai Mechanic working with any of their centres to help me service it at home. IS THEIR ANY RECOMMENDED ENGINE OIL FOR HYUNDAI PRODUCTS OR PERHAPS IS THERE ANY ENGINE OIL BETTER THAN MOBIL 1?
Pls, I will appreciate your contributions because I know two good heads are better than one. Thanks in advance for your contributions. God bless

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2075746_pennzoil_jpege7aa9fb4339089de0229510b45233be4

Follow link, very good engine oil.
https://www.nairaland.com/2083319/available-abuja-pennzoil-usa-5w#29619385

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by chillex8(m): 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
Since you bought your baby "BRAND NEW", simply consult your "OWNER's MANUAL".

It is written THERE.
Re: Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by AutosBay(m): 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
Would suggest you do a search on 5w-30 MileMaster Semi-Synthetic Motor Oil it is okay for your car make.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by Stylz69(m): 11:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
My advise is to keep servicing at the hyundai service Centre. You still have a little over 2 years on your warranty which you will void if you service your vehicle outside of their service center.
Re: Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
Untainted007:

Stylz69:
My advise is to keep servicing at the hyundai service Centre. You still have a little over 2 years on your warranty which you will void if you service your vehicle outside of their service center.

read the bolded above. unless you can tell us what type of oil they use in service, im sure the op is safer outsourcing his engine OIL.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by Stylz69(m): 5:40am On Jan 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

read the bolded above. unless you can tell us what type of oil they use in service, im sure the op is safer outsourcing his engine OIL.
I can read the bolded above sir! The free servicing has finished but not his warranty. Let me explain. When you buy a vehicle from Hyundai, you get the first three services free and you also get 3 years warranty / warranty for 100,000 km (whichever comes first). Note that warranty is different from servicing. If you service your vehicle outside after the first three services, you void the warranty. So my dear sir, I understood the bolded and I'm advising him that he should keep on servicing with the service Centre unless of course he isn't bothered if the car develops a factory fault and he cannot return the vehicle to hyundai because he decided to carry out his servicing outside thereby voiding the warranty. So sir, if he chooses not to take this advise, he can easily find out what oil to use online or use palm oil.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:40am On Jan 30, 2015
I hope he can get those sneaky hyundai people to live up to a warranty fix/replacement.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by Stylz69(m): 8:57am On Jan 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
I hope he can get those sneaky hyundai people to live up to a warranty fix/replacement.
Well he has a better chance by not giving them an excuse not to live up to it. I'm sure it works out cheaper carrying out the servicing independently but he has to weigh that against the benefits of having a warranty. After the three years, he is free to do as he wishes but that is a lot of services!!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by Untainted007: 9:02am On Jan 30, 2015
Stylz69:

I can read the bolded above sir! The free servicing has finished but not his warranty. Let me explain. When you buy a vehicle from Hyundai, you get the first three services free and you also get 3 years warranty / warranty for 100,000 km (whichever comes first). Note that warranty is different from servicing. If you service your vehicle outside after the first three services, you void the warranty. So my dear sir, I understood the bolded and I'm advising him that he should keep on servicing with the service Centre unless of course he isn't bothered if the car develops a factory fault and he cannot return the vehicle to hyundai because he decided to carry out his servicing outside thereby voiding the warranty. So sir, if he chooses not to take this advise, he can easily find out what oil to use online or use palm oil.

Thanks bro. In term of warranty, I don't really think they pay expected attention to it, because there was a time I had an issue with a button controlling the central door at the driver side. I was made to pay for the item but I got to know from my service adviser that it ought to have been free. I'm not sure I'm interested in their warranty because I have a comprehensive insurance on the car. What is the essence of the warranty that is not redeemable? I'm more concern on the performance of my engine not their ways of exploiting their customers.
Re: Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by Stylz69(m): 9:25am On Jan 30, 2015
Untainted007:

Thanks bro. In term of warranty, I don't really think they pay expected attention to it, because there was a time I had an issue with a button controlling the central door at the driver side. I was made to pay for the item but I got to know from my service adviser that it ought to have been free. I'm not sure I'm interested in their warranty because I have a comprehensive insurance on the car. What is the essence of the warranty that is not redeemable? I'm more concern on the performance of my engine not their ways of exploiting their customers.
Then you are better off doing your servicing yourself. You can probably find the engine oil spec on the filler cap or in the user manual however just out of curiosity, does comprehensive insurance cover repairs of your vehicle?
Re: Pls Advise On Kind Of Engine Oil To Use In Servicing Hyundai Elantra by Untainted007: 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
Stylz69:

Then you are better off doing your servicing yourself. You can probably find the engine oil spec on the filler cap or in the user manual however just out of curiosity, does comprehensive insurance cover repairs of your vehicle?

Thanks for your educative advise. Comprehensive insurance doesn't cover repairs of the car, but even befpre the car can have any engine issue its expected to be in about 36months due to my low frequent usage of the car. From office to home and home to office (abt 32km everyday). And moreso, I have checked my warranty form given when the car was delivered. So many items are not been covered by warranty. The battery is 24months which I still have about 10months to go, AC and the tyres are 12months which has already passed. So there will be no neccessity to pay exhorbitant amount of money on service which I cant say how effective it is. Thanks bro.

(1) (Reply)

What Could Be Breaking My Front Shock Absorber Springs / Where Can I Get A Dextron III Atf For My Eod In Lagos / Which SUV To Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.