Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating (6132 Views)

Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... / Nigerian Lady Tells Fellow Women To Dump Their Boyfriend If He Just Did His BVN / Signs And Excuses Ladies Give When They Want To Dump Their Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 30, 2015
A guy calling relationship a quit after five years or more shows that either the guy only ‘likes’ his babe and wants to be eating her apple anytime he feels the urge, or you (the girl) aren’t the sacrificial type, as in, you don’t contribute in the relationship ‘cause you believe you came in to chop, or the ‘fun’ type of guy who just got overnight riches and wanted to taste the outside world AKA flirting and being in relationship with any chick will deprive him of fun/flirt or... so many orrrrs, but if a guy really loves you, the epistle I’m about to write below won’t actually matter to him.

Note (for girls) = love is not described by words or the guy’s pocket, it’s described by actions and sacrifices.

Below is my ‘top5 weird reasons men dump their girlfriends after five or more years in relationship.’

#5 She loves money so much.

This is normal when it comes to nowadays girls but some of them will be like; ‘not all girls loves money,’ that’s true though, but 99% of girls from an average background likes money or likes extorting money from their guys even when they (girls) are working, ‘cause they all believe it’s the normal trend. It’s no new thing that 30% of relationships breakups is based on money, the girl leaving the guy ‘cause he’s broke or the guy dumping her ‘cause she wants to drain him of his money.

Why so weird? ‘cause the girl has been this guy’s lover for years and he knew that she likes money, why dump her after five or more years, why wait that long, we all know that it’s not about the money, lol.

#4 Bad character/behaviour.

This is one weird reason, is it possible for a girl a guy dated for 5 or more years to hide her bad attitude that long? Hell no, girls with bad attitude doesn’t actually know that their attitude is that bad, even if they know and want to hide it, it will never take 5 or more years to show it, unless the guy don’t actually spend time with his so called girlfriend.

Why so weird? ‘cause this guy had been coping with this girl’s attitude from day one, and after years in relationship he then call it a quit for the same attitude he coped with years ago.

#3 Lazy.

A guy can really dump his girl after 5 or more years of dating her only when he's ready to get married. The lazy I meant above is being 100% lazy, how do I mean? We all were born lazy, but not 100% lazy, being fed up to do some chores that we do almost every day, is a sign of laziness but not 100% laziness, and no man created in this world that is 100% ‘not lazy.’ Being 100% lazy triggers some weird attitudes in us which no man can cope with when she becomes his wife, love or no love, any man who is married to a 100% lazy girl is currently living in regret.

Some few attitudes laziness can trigger...

a) Always complaining about work; expecting her husband to convert her into a housewife. Such attitudes are seen in some housewives.
b) Always watching TV; this type of people can spend 8 to 12 hours a day watching TV.
c) Sleeps a lot; any person that sleeps for more than 8 hours on daily bases is damn lazy or sick.
d) Dirty, dirty, dirty; every very dirty person who is not in his/her early teens is lazy, but not all lazy person is dirty.

There are a lot more, but the above can do for now. Base on what I mentioned above, no man, unless a crazed man can cope with such a lady.

Why so weird? Didn’t he know about this for 5 or more years before calling it a quit, mmmmh?

#2 Not from same tribe.

This is real though, you can find it in some Anambra state towns, where a guy will date a girl for years and when he finally wants to marry her, his people that doesn’t know the origin of the relationship step in saying; “she’s not from our tribe,” and you' the guy' will just accept and tell the girl sorry.

Why so weird? Does it mean that the guy didn’t know about this their tradition before dating the girl? The main koko here is that the guy does not love his girl like he claims.

#1 Not good in bed.

The weird of its all, if you ask 70% of guys that are either cheating or calling it a quit on their girl, they’ll tell you that their ex or other girlfriend isn’t good in bed.

Why so weird? To me, there’s nothing like a girl being good in bed, what guys tag as ‘being good in bed’ is when you are doing it with your girl and she’s able to give you all samasutra moves, but when the girl isn’t as flexible as the other or don’t like other positions that the guy loves, she’s not good in bed. The weird question here is; why call it a quit after 5 or more years? Or was she good before becoming ‘not good’ again?

Men and their weird ways...

Written out of inspiration...

#Top5Everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 30, 2015
five years of dating?

it's high time ladies get some sense.

1 Like

Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by zyzxx(m): 8:34am On Jan 30, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by thiefnubu(m): 8:34am On Jan 30, 2015
and he didn't take all the above into consideration before or even when he was monopolizing those years of her life undecided

Having wasted her blossom years and knacking that puna on per second billing for such a long time, he now chooses to back out.... na who him wan come leave the over-used commodity for angry

even if the girl doesn't deal with him, Satan sef go buy the wahala and treat the guy fuckup well undecided

5 Likes

Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 30, 2015
Nonsense. Op I totaly disagree wit all ur ponts. Let's be frank here, a guy who doesn't want to marry d girl he is datin just wants her for d fun of the whole thing dats all. Or maybe he doesn't see any point of getn married to her cuz she is playin wife roles. A guy who is responsible enuf wil go get a ring and put it on her finga!

1 Like

Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by naijaboiy: 8:38am On Jan 30, 2015
That Number 2 is what I have a problem with. My family should not come from no where and tell me I can't marry a girl because she's from another tribe.

I won't accept that undecided

1 Like

Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Mrwhalex(m): 8:38am On Jan 30, 2015
Cutehector4u:
Nonsense. Op I totaly disagree wit all ur ponts. Let's be frank here, a guy who doesn't want to marry d girl he is datin just wants her for d fun of the whole thing dats all. Or maybe he doesn't see any point of getn married to her cuz she is playin wife roles. A guy who is responsible enuf wil go get a ring and put it on her finga!
just like that?! shocked
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by naijaboiy: 8:39am On Jan 30, 2015
AyokunleRuth:
five years of dating?

What is wrong with 5 years of dating?
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by naijaboiy: 8:40am On Jan 30, 2015
Cutehector4u:
Are you sure you understand the Op's points?
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Mrwhalex(m): 8:45am On Jan 30, 2015
@op why would it take a guy five years to discover all these traits in a woman? It's not just about the girls time you've wasted but your own precious; time, money and concerted effort in changing her, heavy heart&sleepless nights etc...
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 30, 2015
naijaboiy:

What is wrong with 5 years of dating?
exactly what the op said is wrong!!

its quite unreasonable to date for that long without assurance of a future together. if you are not ready to marry then don't date. what is there to see or even be anxious about after marriage

simple!!!

Gosh!!!
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by marvelito: 8:53am On Jan 30, 2015
op, some of ur pionts are very correct. But i dnt think most guys actualy date girls dat like money more than 2yrs. Relatnshps dat last for dat long must have bin an almost perfect one. Wot break such could b a change of environments 4 both,family disaproval, little uncontrolable character dat either d guy or girl has refusd to drop even after lots of advice. Lack of accomadating oda persn arnd them especialy family members

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:54am On Jan 30, 2015
5years of dating witout marriage??.. And dat same guy will come here 2 blame people in politics dat they didn't do anything wit their 4years tenure in office. Kai! Na wondaful, cute & lovely tonda go fayaram finish. But, why must a girl allow a guy to tap her treasure box 4 5years May be she's mad or she's maddiing or she has maded before..
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 30, 2015
AyokunleRuth:

its quite unreasonable to date for that long without assurance of a future together. if you are not ready to marry then don't date. what is there to see or even be anxious about after marriage

simple!!!

Gosh!!!
Nothing said above is wrong, u're just talking as if u are not a Nigerian - are u trying to tell me that you've not seen/heard a guy calling a five or more years relationship a quit? That it doesn't make sense is the reason i tagged the topic 'weird'
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by naijaboiy: 8:56am On Jan 30, 2015
AyokunleRuth:

simple!!!

Gosh!!!
I guess he was trying to give reasons why some guys still break up with their girlfriends after 5 years of dating.

Some of the excuses are unreasonable but they actually do happen. If you check well you'll see that the Op condemned it too.

The only sensible excuse is number 2. One may not actually know his family's stand on marriage issues until he brings his girl home.

As for others,,you can easily detect them in no short time. Just that some guys think they can handle such behaviours and so they stick around. But when they realise it's too much they chose to walk away. By then time has gone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 30, 2015
naijaboiy:

I guess he was trying to give reasons why some guys still break up with their girlfriends after 5 years of dating.

Some of the excuses are unreasonable but they actually do happen. If you check well you'll see that the Op condemned it too.

The only sensible excuse is number 2. One may not actually know his family's stand on marriage issues until he brings his girl home.

As for others,,you can easily detect them in no short time. Just that some guys think they can handle such behaviours and so they stick around. But when they realise it's too much they chose to walk away. By then time has gone.
It seems like you're the only one who is really following...

1 Like

Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 30, 2015
tonyayo1:

Nothing said above is wrong, u're just talking as if u are not a Nigerian - are u trying to tell me that you've not seen/heard a guy calling a five or more years relationship a quit? That it doesn't make sense is the reason i tagged the topic 'weird'
you are not getting me. Why in the first place would a lady date for five years or more without a sign of their future together?

a reasonable and mature lady will know something is wrong

back to your topic. all of these to me are just silly excuses cos it doesnt take that long to get to know these things you listed.
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 30, 2015
naijaboiy:

very correct!!!

i guess it's time for ladies also to be wise and useful.
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 30, 2015
I can date some tribal for years related to that number 2 , but can't marry them due to some certain reasons....
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Mentor01: 9:18am On Jan 30, 2015
AyokunleRuth:
five years of dating?

What's your point
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by marvelito: 9:28am On Jan 30, 2015
some guys also break up a 5yrs relatnshp nt becos they dnt love d lady or dnt want her 4 marriage. But because their plans,dreams,career is yet to see the brightness of the day. Once they notice it may take them longer time to achieve dat nd guarantee her a future they wil rather quit nw instead of extending d time. My pastor frnd dated his wife 4 four yrs wen they were in sch.dia plans was to marry immediately.but while she was abt going 4 service he found out he had serious problem in sch.he decided to take jamb again.nd got d admisn to stay bck in sch 4 anoda 4yrs.lukng at d situatn he decided to tell her to move on nt because he didnt love her or didnt want her as a wife but he didnt want to waste her time 4 anoda 4yrs. But she refusd to leave him.for gud 4months he tried to convince her but she decided to wait. 4yrs lata he was thru,went 4 nysc,came bck,married her after 9yrs of dating. They hv 3 lovely kids nw. Both doing very well

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 30, 2015
Mentor01:
What's your point
read through the thread.
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Adaeze003(f): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2015
Dating for 5yrs ke. Now why would anyone do that?

O well, diff strokes... diff folks...
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 30, 2015
tonyayo1:
A guy calling relationship a quit after five years or more shows that either the guy only ‘likes’ his babe and wants to be eating her apple anytime he feels the urge, or you (the girl) aren’t the sacrificial type, as in, you don’t contribute in the relationship ‘cause you believe you came in to chop, or the ‘fun’ type of guy who just got overnight riches and wanted to taste the outside world AKA flirting and being in relationship with any chick will deprive him of fun/flirt or... so many orrrrs, but if a guy really loves you, the epistle I’m about to write below won’t actually matter to him.

Note (for girls) = love is not described by words or the guy’s pocket, it’s described by actions and sacrifices.

Below is my ‘top5 weird reasons men dump their girlfriends after five or more years in relationship.’

#5 She loves money so much.

This is normal when it comes to nowadays girls but some of them will be like; ‘not all girls loves money,’ that’s true though, but 99% of girls from an average background likes money or likes extorting money from their guys even when they (girls) are working, ‘cause they all believe it’s the normal trend. It’s no new thing that 30% of relationships breakups is based on money, the girl leaving the guy ‘cause he’s broke or the guy dumping her ‘cause she wants to drain him of his money.

Why so weird? ‘cause the girl has been this guy’s lover for years and he knew that she likes money, why dump her after five or more years, why wait that long, we all know that it’s not about the money, lol.

#4 Bad character/behaviour.

This is one weird reason, is it possible for a girl a guy dated for 5 or more years to hide her bad attitude that long? Hell no, girls with bad attitude doesn’t actually know that their attitude is that bad, even if they know and want to hide it, it will never take 5 or more years to show it, unless the guy don’t actually spend time with his so called girlfriend.

Why so weird? ‘cause this guy had been coping with this girl’s attitude from day one, and after years in relationship he then call it a quit for the same attitude he coped with years ago.

#3 Lazy.

A guy can really dump his girl after 5 or more years of dating her only when he's ready to get married. The lazy I meant above is being 100% lazy, how do I mean? We all were born lazy, but not 100% lazy, being fed up to do some chores that we do almost every day, is a sign of laziness but not 100% laziness, and no man created in this world that is 100% ‘not lazy.’ Being 100% lazy triggers some weird attitudes in us which no man can cope with when she becomes his wife, love or no love, any man who is married to a 100% lazy girl is currently living in regret.

Some few attitudes laziness can trigger...

a) Always complaining about work; expecting her husband to convert her into a housewife. Such attitudes are seen in some housewives.
b) Always watching TV; this type of people can spend 8 to 12 hours a day watching TV.
c) Sleeps a lot; any person that sleeps for more than 8 hours on daily bases is damn lazy or sick.
d) Dirty, dirty, dirty; every very dirty person who is not in his/her early teens is lazy, but not all lazy person is dirty.

There are a lot more, but the above can do for now. Base on what I mentioned above, no man, unless a crazed man can cope with such a lady.

Why so weird? Didn’t he know about this for 5 or more years before calling it a quit, mmmmh?

#2 Not from same tribe.

This is real though, you can find it in some Anambra state towns, where a guy will date a girl for years and when he finally wants to marry her, his people that doesn’t know the origin of the relationship step in saying; “she’s not from our tribe,” and you' the guy' will just accept and tell the girl sorry.

Why so weird? Does it mean that the guy didn’t know about this their tradition before dating the girl? The main koko here is that the guy does not love his girl like he claims.

#1 Not good in bed.

The weird of its all, if you ask 70% of guys that are either cheating or calling it a quit on their girl, they’ll tell you that their ex or other girlfriend isn’t good in bed.

Why so weird? To me, there’s nothing like a girl being good in bed, what guys tag as ‘being good in bed’ is when you are doing it with your girl and she’s able to give you all samasutra moves, but when the girl isn’t as flexible as the other or don’t like other positions that the guy loves, she’s not good in bed. The weird question here is; why call it a quit after 5 or more years? Or was she good before becoming ‘not good’ again?

Men and their weird ways...

Written out of inspiration...

Top5Everything

Are you inspired by weed
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 30, 2015
sauceny:

Are you inspired by weed
grin grin grin sorry, but i don't smoke.
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by vizkiz: 10:13am On Jan 30, 2015
AyokunleRuth:

simple!!!

Gosh!!!

please can you answer some questions I am about yo ask

1. Are you above 22?
2. How long have you been dating?

Waiting. . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 30, 2015
vizkiz:

please can you answer some questions I am about yo ask

1. Are you above 22?
2. How long have you been dating?

Waiting. . .
am not up to 22

am not dating.

now can you tell me why u asked
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by vizkiz: 10:23am On Jan 30, 2015
AyokunleRuth:

am not up to 22

am not dating.

now can you tell me why u asked

nah...never mind. I don't think you'v gat enough experiences to answer my future questions smiley
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 30, 2015
vizkiz:

nah...never mind. I don't think you'v gat enough experiences to answer my future questions smiley
suit yaself.
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2015
ANY GUY DAT DUMPS A CHIC AFTA 5YRS FOR ANY OF D AFORE-MENTIONED REASONS IS VERY WICKED. :@

A YEAR AND SIX MONTHS IS ENOUGH TIME TO DECIDE TO STAY OR CONTINUE IN A RELATIONSHIP.

1 Like

Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 30, 2015
I have seen rships of 6-10 yrs go down d drain, so stupid of them. I kn of a girl who dated dis guy for 10yrs just for d guy to tell her its over btw dem, bt she later got married,
but i don't tink she dated d guy for a year b4 dey did d wedding.
Re: Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
Why would i wanna date a man for that long

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do I Prefer Women Half Naked To Completely Naked? / Name Of The Drug For Sex (ladies) / Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.