Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics (21163 Views)

We Will Sell Attack Aircraft To Nigeria, If They Can Afford It: John Kerry / Buhari's Panel Reveals When Jonathan Can Be Probed / Ignore Boko Haram? Protect Cattle Rearers Buhari Orders Military. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
He should say this Obama if any terrorist strikes the US
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
Do U need a prophet 2 tell dat IBB is main sponsor of Boko haram & GMB is dier father. Have U ask urself d reason why we have d best military in Africa bt we can't fight common Boko haram. Boko haram was a tool set up by GMB & sponsored by IBB & some northern leaders to distract d government of GEJ which is d opposition party. How can GEJ fight book haram wai we have IBB's men in DSS, Army, Navy, Immigration, police etc so I don't blame GEJ. GEJ till 2019!
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by micrep3030(m): 4:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
Gej all d way

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by 3kay945(m): 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
ba7man:
So that means its ok for a President to sit back and watch the slaughter of over 20,000 of his citizens.

What a failure that kind of President would be.

Bro, such president is not only a failure but heartless and insane.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by 3kay945(m): 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2015
Fabolous360:
Do U need a prophet 2 tell dat IBB is main sponsor of Boko haram & GMB is dier father. Have U ask urself d reason why we have d best military in Africa bt we can't fight common Boko haram. Boko haram was a tool set up by GMB & sponsored by IBB & some northern leaders to distract d government of GEJ which is d opposition party. How can GEJ fight book haram wai we have IBB's men in DSS, Army, Navy, Immigration, police etc so I don't blame GEJ. GEJ till 2019!

Assumptions due to fallacies of comprehension of reality.
What's your proof Why IBB ? What would be his gain and intent?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by BotherMleeper(m): 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
Seun:
Yikes. I hope such cynical political calculations are not actually the reasons for our lack of progress in the fight against Boko Haram.

I think the article is wrong to say that Jonathan didn't win the plurality of votes in any northern states. He won some PDP-dominated states.

There's really no other way to look at it. boko haram can never marshal the resources in men and matériel that nigeria can. Even lowly chad has been defeating BH, hunters seized Mubi. thus one can safely conclude official nonchalance towards the savagery. What else can explain away this ineptitude?

On many occasions GEJ is on the campaign trail dancing and pontificating while the northeast burns.

On your point that PDP controlled northern states registered votes for GEJ enough to tip the scales, I'm sorry but i call political shenanigans on that one. What you mean is PDP controlled northern states were pliable to outright rigging. GEJ was never liked in the north and would never be liked in the north since the moments immediately after Yar’Adua's death and the circus of the mythical doctrine of necessity that followed.
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by mickeymimi: 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
Fabolous360:

IBB is my father — says Jonathan

This election is getting funnier by days. Imagine the sound that "IBB is main sponsor of Boko haram" is the father of our own Nebuchadnezzar (GEJ) . Horrible. For a sitting President to have visited a man who turned corruption into state policy means we aren't serious about fighting corruption in Nigeria. Something is fishy within PDP & it's disappointing. TO GEJ, IBB is a saint.

Jonathan .."In an interview after his closed door meeting with the former military president, President Jonathan explained that he was in Minna to see the former president following his recent return from abroad after medical treatment.

He said he was with Babangida to express his appreciation to him over his leadership and commitment to a unified and peaceful Nigeria.

Calling Babangida his father, Jonathan was happy at the good condition he found the former military President, noting that as a former leader, Babangida possessed the sort of experience needed to tackle the nation’s security challenges."

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/25262-ibb-is-my-father-jonathan
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by Swiftboy(m): 5:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Interesting....Cynicisim

Two points from the article.

1.The crisis in the North , while not caused by the government is allowed to fester so as to prevent a large mass of opposition voters voting for the APC. I am not sure whether to beleive that...Boko does not pay attention to elections, or to abuja power play.....and this enemy is a far different one from the ones the Nigerian Army has faced over the years.

2.Distance makes the heart grow less fonder. Now maiduguri is not that far from abuja (9 hours by road on a good day).....so not much of an excuse.

I think that blaming the insurgency on the govt is a misunderstanding. Boko is not your usual African rebel group...these are guys who have learned tactics from gents schooled in Afghnistan's harsh crucible.Govts do not crush insurgencies immediately.....see Rhodesia, China, Iraq, Syria, the UK, etc.....especially when your enemy is a ghost using ghost tactics.

Also, there is a lot to be said about the incompetence of local leaders.....ie governors, LG chairmen. Someone described his LG chair on another thread as someone who just dishes money among his guys.And sadly most Nigerians seem to think that govt begins and ends in Abuja. Nigerians have to make their governors work for them...because if we did ages ago....there would have been no Boko.

Of course....Abuja needs to stop running a Dutch diseased economy....and instead go for an industrial economy which means more jobs and an increased value for education. ......even among Boko's constituency.
This is in line with my line of thinking. Its not been easy fighting the insurgency. Truth is I dont trust these foreign reporters at all. Why did'nt they accuse other Country's government for having terrorism activities in their countries. American intervention simply means they want something from us in return. But is it really true that Goodluck is not concerned about NorthEast? Common this guy bought weapons even jet fighters,sent relieve materials to them!
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by Omokaysmith: 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
KidProgrammer:
GEJ All The Way..

So sad..
Nigeria is suffering massive casualties of both the military and civilian population & all u can say is Gej all the way
What a selfish and one sided approach...
Am sure if u av family and loved ones among the casualties u will be asking for change and not continuity
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by Swiftboy(m): 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
mickeymimi:

IBB is my father — says Jonathan

This election is getting funnier by days. Imagine the sound that "IBB is main sponsor of Boko haram" is the father of our own Nebuchadnezzar (GEJ) . Horrible. For a sitting President to have visited a man who turned corruption into state policy means we aren't serious about fighting corruption in Nigeria. Something is fishy within PDP & it's disappointing. TO GEJ, IBB is a saint.

Jonathan .."In an interview after his closed door meeting with the former military president, President Jonathan explained that he was in Minna to see the former president following his recent return from abroad after medical treatment.

He said he was with Babangida to express his appreciation to him over his leadership and commitment to a unified and peaceful Nigeria.

Calling Babangida his father, Jonathan was happy at the good condition he found the former military President, noting that as a former leader, Babangida possessed the sort of experience needed to tackle the nation’s security challenges."

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/25262-ibb-is-my-father-jonathan
He even gave awards to past leaders at the national conference...thats a crime as well right? Shows You know nothing about politics. Am shocked you brought it up to mean Goodluck and IBB are responsible for the problems in NorthEast. Even Buhari visited this same IBB,that should be a reason to suspect him right? Guy get real! Your partisan attitude has gotten the best out of you. If there's any conspiracy theory,it should be against Goodluck...he's the one that have all to loose. His 2nd term,his party's rulership ofcos next year will be time to share oil blocks again and guess who are main beneficiaries? Truth is we have a goodguy in Goodluck and the noises against him are pointers to the fact that we should be careful before we decide.
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by Swiftboy(m): 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
Omokaysmith:

So sad..
Nigeria is suffering massive casualties of both the military and civilian population & all u can say is Gej all the way
What a selfish and one sided approach...
Am sure if u av family and loved ones among the casualties u will be asking for change and not continuity
I have casualties and I want Goodluck to continue rather than put my trust in people that are underestimating the situation, taking terrorists as rife-raffs! Our troops are fighting hard and these help from America too is a trap to take what they want. Our troops needs cleansing as well as support. I think APC-Buhari lacks compassion as well. They ought to have come out to help the government when they were called upon even before national conference. They're painting the government bad instead of helping to fight the enemies. Terrorism is not easy to fight my compatriot stop playing the blame game! We dont have counter terrorist squad before,this is a new war for our troopers in term of scope and terrain. Yes these are tough facts let on one decieve you .
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by Laurence1: 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
[size=20pt]AMERICA WOULD KNOW[/size] undecided
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by Boyooosa(m): 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2015
The people in the northeast who are now not going to vote because of the insurgency, are therefore effectively votes for Jonathan.

However, Nigeria also today also displays a common problem in Africa. When a country is large - as DR Congo for example is - and insurgencies happen far away from the capital and commercial nerve centres (in Nigeria’s case Abuja and Lagos respectively), it can afford to ignore it. At 923,768 square kilometres (356,669 square miles), Nigeria’s is the 14th largest African country.

Thirdly, though, Nigeria is Africa’s most populous nation, with nearly 180 million. I can shrug off Boko Haram killing 13,000 and displacing one million, in ways that small Sierra Leone with 6 million people and Liberia with 4 million couldn’t during their civil wars.

Kini n wi?
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by Adenikeh(f): 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2015
Damcalcaleb:
That one no touch me,#GEJ till 2019
Ow e go touch u? Uninformed graduate!
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
Adenikeh:

Ow e go touch u? Uninformed graduate!
pele
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by skyfall: 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
This is no cynicsm. It's the reality.
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by Spydamannn(m): 7:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
Ok op this is some bullshyte
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by lacedup(m): 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
God dey....chai... undecided cry
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by notoriousbabe: 9:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
THE MESSAGE FROM TODAY'S LAGOS RALLY.Go tell it in Sokoto, tell it in Maiduguri, tell it in Uyo, tell it in Abuja, tell it in Ibusa, tell it in Abeokuta, tell it in Jos and tell it resoundingly inLagos that the wind of CHANGE is blowing through the Land.Tell the world that in the rain Nigerians nay Lagosians trooped out in multitudes to chant the APC...CHANGE mantra.Tell them that amazingly they endured the great LAGOS 6hour rally. And tell them that CHANGE is here.Tell them that like Nigerians in Lagos rejected the Umbrella choosing instead to stand in the rain, so Nigerians have rejected the Umbrella party the PDP.God Bless Nigeria.Prof Chris NWAOKOBIA JNRDirector GeneralCHANGE AMBASSADORS OF NIGERIA CAN. Yes We CAN.
Re: Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics by eROCK247(m): 10:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
if a Nigerian made this sort of damning criticism of the American government with as little fact as this guy just did, the Nigerian would probably b sued for treason or some funny criminal jargon.
But unfortunately, any foreigner can say any rubbish without any concrete fact n the only thing he/she will get are likes, popularity, shares, etc. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Recovers 40 New SUVs, Other Vehicles From Perm Sec - Lai Mohammed / Nnamdi Kanu: Malami Playing Politics To Divide Yoruba, Igbo People- HURIWA / Why Tinubu And The APC Governors' Visit To GEJ Is Raising Concerns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.