Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera (25468 Views)

Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo / Buhari’s Supporters Are Going Through Hell In Yobe – Adamu / Six Killed, Many Hospitalized As Buhari Supporters Raze PDP Campaign Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
I never knew an I.D.I.O.T like this Etcétera guy writes for Punch newspaper . I thought i was dreaming when i saw the article in the newspaper this morning ...

Well , i know you aré the I.m.b.e.ci.l.e & we aré voting Buhari as president !

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2015
repogirl:
I feel u etcetera, its even a little understandable if its the illiterates who have had no education and might not value it, who think like this. Instead it is well learned people who should really know better....... Politics is just selfish and it is clear to see that our so called leaders and aspirants have no values, no regard for the masses and none for even the law!!

They just want what they want (money, power, fame) and want to get it through any means possible.

How about the electorate? It consists of blind silly sheep who choose never to learn even though the hand writing is written in big, bold fonts.
...you aré psychotic ma & you lack insight !
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by bb6xt(m): 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2015
Niwdog:
Rada than look into these well clinical article
The northerners and muslim guys/ladies from west are already shouting sai whateva

Nigeria indeed was/is not mearnt to be one

I am as good a Christian as any yet I support GMB. Stop being an ethnic chauvinist. Buhari's current support base cuts across regional, ethnic and religious lines. Please ask yourself this question, if Buhari's record with respect to corruption is anything short of impeccable why isn't the PDP using it against him but have chosen rather to stir up religious and sectional sentiments instead? If you are honest with yourself you'll agree with me that corruption is the greatest undoing of this great nation. If choosing to give a man whom even his enemies acknowledge his integrity a chance at leading a nation under the scourge of corruption is being silly then I'll gladly accept the tag.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Adeolakk(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Niwdog:
Rada than look into these well clinical article
The northerners and muslim guys/ladies from west are already shouting sai whateva

Nigeria indeed was/is not mearnt to be one
Geez, must it always be about religion? Its sad when I hear people say Jonathan is a Christian and I will vote him. Shows the mind of an average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by PLEXPLEX(m): 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2015
LRNZH:
I would rather be 'silly and childish' than support PDP/GEJ

GEJ has no thesis and he falsified his age.

$20Billion is still missing while the forensic audit report has dissappeared with NOI.

GEJ admitted to non performance in the South South. Not even East-West road was completed.

PEJ asked Igbos to vote for GEJ because he is their inlaw. Thatsall.

Electricity tarrif keeps increasing but MW keeps dropping. America no know this one o...

Over 200 Chibok Girls that GEJ doesn't give a damn about are lost

Chad is roaming in Nigeria territory doing Nigeria Army job without permission

Since subsidy riots of 2012, GEJ's promised refineries are still a pipe dream

Naira has depreciated to over 210 to 1 Dollar and GEJ claims transformation agenda is working

The 2nd Niger bridge cost was inflated by a factor of 3 and they will toll Ndigbo to pay for this scam

Abeg I be TaTa.

Nigeria, Sai Buhari

Lalasticlala put this thread--> https://www.nairaland.com/2122370/photos-nigeria-police-assigned-protect on FP. It is too hilarious.

EXTRA LARGE TATA

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Sammiejokes(m): 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2015
lyntiffany:
Well said Bro, our youths struggle in the rain, under sunshine, stay hungry a times trying to better their future by going to school, university e.t.c. Some where rusticated from campus cause of issues of falsification of result,some graduated with good grades but yet to find an organisation to fix themselves.
Here we are with our mr integrity who falsified his result and lied to millions of learned Nigerians.
If qualifications are no longer a standard for employment then our government should stop making our parents go through untold hardship sending their children to school as it is of no use to them cause they can seek for any position in the society with no qualification. All am saying is let the right thing be done.
Who is this, show us the proof that he falsified his qualification. See this jonadunce fan voting on certificate basis since 1960. Fk phd, jonadunce is a good example of a man who bought his certificate, he has never talked intellectually all his life, he should go and doctor the Animalz, we are human.
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Adeolakk(m): 5:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
donpeey22:
It's very obvious that you are one of the "follow follow" ones who shout 'change' only because the next person did. You lack a mind of your own, if not you would pause to reason that most of those politicians in APC who have suddenly become apostles of change are either aggrieved ex PDP members who joined APC to actualize their selfish interests or some tribal and religious bigots whose only interest is to ensure power return to a particular religion/region. None of them has been able to give a clear and realistic insight as to how they will bring about the change they preach, yet your likes would 'mumuishly' continue to follow them.

For you to say that GEJ is not fighting insurgency shows that you are either being utterly economical with the truth or know next to nothing about the insurgency and how it originated and has been fought so far by this government. FYI, if GEJ has not been fighting insurgency like you falsely or ignorantly claimed, the whole of northern Nigeria would have been overtaken by the insurgents.

If you like continue to wallow in the deception that Buhari will ever rule Nigeria again, it will soon dawn on you and your cohorts that Nigerians who are sane enough to know that GEJ is a better option than Buhari , far outnumber those of you who have chosen to sacrifice the future of Nigeria on the alter of ignorance and bigotry.

GEJ till 2019
You say GEJ is fighting the insurgency. How is he fighting them and whats the evidence? It's so easy to sit at home and assume things.
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by PLEXPLEX(m): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
demelza:
A failed musician who is now a columnist.

Childish minds ll call Etcetera failed musician

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2015

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by truvine(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
herald9:
Abeg who's he?

Bros vote who you like...stop disturbing us with silly epistles... people have already made up their mind.
Yes ooooooooo
WE HAVE DECIDED !!!!
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by 2Brave: 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2015
@Etcetera.... From your write up I can say for fact you are still very young and can comprehend what you see around you, the country is already in shamble no institution is working as it out to. Bokoharam is governing some part of Nigeria and you say calling out for Change by those who love there father land and those who still know the National Anthem and value it meaning..... I bet your ancestors will be ashame of you now. The little money given to you will some finish that's when you will wake up...cos I know u have been Hypnotize
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Eluwilussit(m): 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2015
striktlymi:

I would have been more inclined to agree with him if his assessment had been impartial.

Silliness is not only exhibited by the supporters of Buhari but by supporters from both sides of the divide.

That puts a huge question mark on his assumed objectivity.

When we take a close look at his basis for identifying the supporters of Buhari as silly, we can't help but notice that he is actually the silly one.

If the constitution states a basic minimum, can't it be inferred that a higher academic qualification will overrule the minimum requirement?

I want to believe that the writer of that wonderful piece knows for a fact that Buhari has at least one diploma in a recognized foreign military institution which I don't need to remind him of the institution's prestige.

If that be the case, is it not silly to ask for the minimum when a higher certification is presented? I am quite sure that Buhari wouldn't have been granted admission to study for the diploma without a minimum entry requirement, which probably is the equivalent of an SSCE.

The writer also demonstrated his silliness by dwelling on a matter that should have been dealth with from the first day Buhari showed interest contesting for the Presidency. If his certification was an issue, why in God's Earth was he allowed to contest all the while?

The talk about his certification, in my view, is a desparate attempt at distracting the Nigerian populace from the crux of the matter, which is their dissatisfaction for a nonperforming government.

I decided long ago NEVER to vote for either Jonathan or Buhari, but the rate at which the PDP are demonstrating their silliness by chasing very trivial matters, I may just go back on my word and cast my vote for Buhari...if that would get this silly Government out of power and quieten their silly journalist friends.

Haba!

Bro, I am just like you in my position but honestly you missed two key factors here.
1) Buhari submited an affidavit and not any of his certificates. If Buhari had submited his army Diploma from US War College, that would have overridden the WASC. He hasn't done so. Instead, the general kept quiet while his supporters are busy producing every type of evidence to show that he is qualified. Why can't Buhari come out and address this issue once and for all?

2) if you have followed this cert saga, you should have realized that before now, INEC did not request for proof of education to at least WASC. That's why it was not an issue in the past. Now it is a rule. Buhari is not humble and appears not to have shaded his military spersticious belief that he is above the rule.

We are all Nigerians and should be equal before the law. The OP was on point. It is very silly for anybody to tell Nigerians that Buhari is the answer to our problems. The same despot that overthrew a democratically elected government, and ruled us with iron fists as if we were animals. What democratic credentials does Buhari have?

Is Jona the best we could afford? No. Is he a democrat? Yes. Our democracy is so young that we ought to be careful who succeeds Jona. We can't throw our young democracy to the likes of Tinubu, Buhari and all the disgruntled former PDP henchmen. We need change, no doubt, but it is silly and embarrassing for us to reward every past coupist with the office of the presidency. That is a wrong message to our military boys.

If you think that none of them is good enough, then sit at home. If you believe in Buhari, go ahead and vote for him. I don't admire any of them. I would vote for Jona on a few good reasons.

He is tolerant and democratic. He doesnt look down on Nigerians. He is trying his best in a difficult terrain. There's a yoruba adage that goes like this " you don't give a man a goat and still hold the leash". We elected Jonathan and it appears we turned around and sabotaged him with all the problems we created in the North East.

Any president anywhere in a democracy, must first get the support of his/ her people, before he/she can perform. Jonathan didn't get enough support. All he got so far was stick. We are not patient with him at all. If we decide not to support Buhari if he wins, and instead sabotage him, how well do you think he will perform? Presidents don't perform alone. The people actually will determine if the president performs or not. Right now, we are denying the little Jona has done. We are celebrating a man who has achieved nothing without quota system. It is a shame.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by truvine(m): 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2015
Eastherbunny:
If buharis supporter are silly then I pity what GEJ supporters are.

If you are called silly for supporting someone that is not clueless, then what would you be called for supporting some one that is a certified clueless zoologist.?
Answer that mister etcetera

Sai buhari for now until GEJ supporters get sense

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Hassanamed: 5:39pm On Jan 31, 2015
@op, we own nigeria, we want to put GMB as our president, sorry your consent is not needed, if you care, we are born to rule, nigeria is made up of 19 islamic northern states against 17 in south, unfortunately you are minority, you shall suffer, your oil money flows like sea to irrigate our economy here in the north, why you live in perpetual suffering, bad roads and high tax, as a result your boys rob and play 419 to survive, girl sell their bodies and men kill wife and children for ritual money, what a shame for the south, uban'ka!
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by truvine(m): 5:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
muzzol:
Etcetera, your essay would have made meaning if you endeavoured to quote section 137 that defined ''equivalent'' as quoted in section 131. Try harder bros, so that your writing career will not go the way of your music career.
CHAI
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by truvine(m): 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2015
cytochromeC:

This is what many keep failing to realise. All these last minute epistles won't change anything.
GBAM
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Donykua: 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2015
Sorry for this organise noise maker.
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by sabdaz: 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2015
[quote author=Niwdog post=30294784]Rada than look into these well clinical article

Nigeria indeed was/is not mearnt to be one[/quote
]
Haba, why would bring religion into this? Common, grow up Loco.....
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Sammiejokes(m): 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Bro, I am just like you in my position but honestly you missed two key factors here.
1) Buhari submited an affidavit and not any of his certificates. If Buhari had submited his army Diploma from US War College, that would have overridden the WASC. He hasn't done so. Instead, the general kept quiet while his supporters are busy producing every type of evidence to show that he is qualified. Why can't Buhari come out and address this issue once and for all?

2) if you have followed this cert saga, you should have realized that before now, INEC did not request for proof of education to at least WASC. That's why it was not an issue in the past. Now it is a rule. Buhari is not humble and appears not to have shaded his military spersticious belief that he is above the rule.

We are all Nigerians and should be equal before the law. The OP was on point. It is very silly for anybody to tell Nigerians that Buhari is the answer to our problems. The same despot that overthrew a democratically elected government, and ruled us with iron fists as if we were animals. What democratic credentials does Buhari have?

Is Jona the best we could afford? No. Is he a democrat? Yes. Our democracy is so young that we ought to be careful who succeeds Jona. We can't throw our young democracy to the likes of Tinubu, Buhari and all the disgruntled former PDP henchmen. We need change, no doubt, but it is silly and embarrassing for us to reward every past coupist with the office of the presidency. That is a wrong message to our military boys.

If you think that none of them is good enough, then sit at home. If you believe in Buhari, go ahead and vote for him. I don't admire any of them. I would vote for Jona on a few good reasons.

He is tolerant and democratic. He doesnt look down on Nigerians. He is trying his best in a difficult terrain. There's a yoruba adage that goes like this " you don't give a man a goat and still hold the leash". We elected Jonathan and it appears we turned around and sabotaged him with all the problems we created in the North East.

Any president anywhere in a democracy, must first get the support of his/ her people, before he/she can perform. Jonathan didn't get enough support. All he got so far was stick. We are not patient with him at all. If we decide not to support Buhari if he wins, and instead sabotage him, how well do you think he will perform? Presidents don't perform alone. The people actually will determine if the president performs or not. Right now, we are denying the little Jona has done. We are celebrating a man who has achieved nothing without quota system. It is a shame.
You don't. Need this epistle to let us know u are voting for GEJ. Your points are baseless, obasanjo a former military general ruled for 8 years as a democrat, our silent evil senate president for over 8years was a military man too. So broz if you don't like buhari find other reasons not this baseless points.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Profkunlexxy(m): 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
They said appearance shows the manner,this write-up shows how stupidity and senseless the writer is.

If u said Buhari has no certificate,Don't judge person with the certificate he/she holds,we want the person that his time will favour us all and things will go on smooth
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by olaitan4real: 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
Y shld u call millions of nigerians silly if u,clueless president nd all others supporting pdp are knwn to be fool nd barbaric,THIEF nd corrupt...

SAI BUHARI
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2015
Adeolakk:

You say GEJ is fighting the insurgency. How is he fighting them and whats the evidence? It's so easy to sit at home and assume things.
I studied in the north and am a witness to how widespread the insurgency was before now.

Then, states like Plateau, Bauchi, Nassarawa, Kaduna, Niger, Kogi etc were under heavy boko haram attacks. But thanks to the efforts of GEJ's government and our dogged troops, the insurgents have been restricted mainly to the 3 northeasthern states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa and have even continued to dwindle. That's a clear indication that this government is fighting the insurgency.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by MRLANNISTER(m): 5:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
Silly indeed

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Sammiejokes(m): 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
Hassanamed:
@op, we own nigeria, we want to put GMB as our president, sorry your consent is not needed, if you care, we are born to rule, nigeria is made up of 19 islamic northern states against 17 in south, unfortunately you are minority, you shall suffer, your oil money flows like sea to irrigate our economy here in the north, why you live in perpetual suffering, bad roads and high tax, as a result your boys rob and play 419 to survive, girl sell their bodies and men kill wife and children for ritual money, what a shame for the south, uban'ka!
God punish you, you and. Your generation will suffer, you are the kind of people spoiling d northerners, have never seem poverty until I served in the north. Very dull brainz, useless set. Of people all they know is to live like cowz, due respect to the ones that are educated in their mindz, have a few friends from the north who are technocrats, but this guy is an example of an educated northern illiterate. If I see you I fit slap you, stupid

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by InvertedHammer: 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2015
/
Colonization vs. Tradition.

Education: Formal vs. Informal Education. Formal Education harps on theories, thesis and studying while Informal Education is more
hands-on and harps on experience. When did Informal education get eradicated from our diction? Since oyibo spoon-fed us to do so.
Only in Africa!

I think Nigerians are thinking outside the box.

What EtCetera failed to understand is that GEJ made Buhari to be popular. He made mockery of education (Ph.D) so much that his opponent is challenging him with WASC.

It seems Nigerians have forced GEJ to participate in the show "Are You Smarter than a 6th grader WASC holder"

\

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by bxcode(m): 6:19pm On Jan 31, 2015
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by brandmix: 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2015
Looolz
people bashing the guy for stating the simple truth.

If Nigerians weren't silly how on earth could a president like Goodluck win d most transparent election Nigeria has ever had.

from an outsiders perspective, it takes a clueless nation to collectively vote in a clueless president. come to think if it, on what merit, did we vote in GEJ 4 years ago?

it is for this reason I shake my head for anyone who voted for GEJ and calls him all sort of names...you are basically referring back to yourself.

if Nigerians are not silly, how would you describe the election in Ekiti? I thought that state had the highest population of professors per household

so once again just like most of us voted for GEJ simply because he went to school without shoes....some of us are just gonna vote in someone simply on the premise of some sentimental note like....he has only one house....we don't like d current president....
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by repogirl(f): 6:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

...you aré psychotic ma & you lack insight !
looooooooool, and what brought you to this very 'insightful' conclusion?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by miserflirt: 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
4get grammar, we're hungry 4 CHANGE
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by Myluv1: 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2015
GEJ's Achievements: Aganga, Iweala, Nebo, Adesina, Madueke Give Accounts www.nairaland.com/2120249/gejs-achievements-aganga-iweala-nebo#30249684

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by hayatou27: 7:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
Etcetera is a failed musician. Go and ask your parents about buhari before making stupid noise . Ewu gambia
Re: Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera by deebrain(m): 7:16pm On Jan 31, 2015
O Etcetera! Shall we strike with the sword?

The day dem go beat you publicly draws near.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pics : Ita Giwa Launches Restaurant, Gets N5 Million From Cross River Governor / Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke / Buhari Appoints Aisha As Member Of Committee For Elimination Of Drug Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.