Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,038 members, 7,814,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty (18356 Views)

Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) / See The Man Who Invented Exams In Education System[pix] / Project Topics And Materials In Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:13pm On Jan 31, 2015
Someone has just exhibited his brainless thought here, how can you compare six years to 20 months tenure of Buhari. The only achievement of clueless Jonathan can not be compared to refineries Buhari built during his tenure...all we need is change, we can't continue in this hardship and economic mess...sai Buhari!
Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Eluwilussit(m): 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2015
How can someone who either doesn't have any certificate or has refused to provide one, turn around and talk of our educational system? Buhari and his supporters should avoid any discussion where certificate might be mentioned. It is not in their best interest at all. Them mouth no reach education talk. They should stick to brooms and sai.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by joeyekembele: 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2015
toxiflam:
“We dare say that none of the new universities
set up by President Jonathan, meets the
standard of good institutions in terms of
infrastructure, adequate and well-trained
academic staff and proper planning about the
future growth and development of these
universities.

Taa, this argument lacks basis.
Unilag, the current Best University did not attain that status at their inception.
So, Give valid points next time

It is obvious that APC has no defined agenda for Nigeria and Nigerians. If anyone would challenge the standard of an educational institutions in Nigeria, it should not be Buhari.
One thing that can never change among others in life is HISTORY. Before Buhari became the head of state, they were universities of Jos, university of technology in makurdi, ABU Zaria, university of ibadan to mention but a few. On assumption of office, Buhari who is anti education maybe for his hate for education or the zones, Proscribed a number of them like university of Jos and makurdi and made them affiliate campuses to the ones in Zaria, maiduguri etc it took the intervention of Babangida to bring them back to the full status.
Buhari neither established a new school nor supported the existing ones throughout his reign.
Jonathan on the other hand within his twenty months in office, established 12 new universities with eight located across the Niger. Today, almost every state of the federation has a federal university. Jonathan established many almajiri schools across the norther states.
The best universities in the world did not meet the expected standard at inception. Development in educational institution is achieved over time.
For Buhari to run his mouth and say the newly established universities by Jonathan do not meet university standard is shameful as it is stupid.
I challenge Buhari and his supporters to mention one educational institution established by Buhari anywhere in the country.
Fellow Nigerians, be warned of this deceivers' party called APC.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by nationwide1(m): 7:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Yes, children........he built none....BECAUSE in 1984...the economy was in a mess thanks to the actions of Shagari and company....and also thanks to the fall in oil prices.So Nigeria was BROKE, and could not even build anything new.

But as chairman of PTF....he was responsible for funding education construction and facility projects in many of our universities...and other institutions.

Try harder next time

(And I really do not want to be Buhari's defender here....the man should rest!)
I'm not a GEJ fan. As PTF chairman, how many new universities did he build? Even if Jonathan builds one classroom block and names it a university, it's a bold step in the right direction. Even Harvard and Cambridge Universities expanded over many years. Thanks to records. Had Buhari built a single room in his village and called it a primary school, it would have been a large primary school today.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by nationwide1(m): 7:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Yes, children........he built none....BECAUSE in 1984...the economy was in a mess thanks to the actions of Shagari and company....and also thanks to the fall in oil prices.So Nigeria was BROKE, and could not even build anything new.

But as chairman of PTF....he was responsible for funding education construction and facility projects in many of our universities...and other institutions.

Try harder next time

(And I really do not want to be Buhari's defender here....the man should rest!)
I'm not a GEJ fan. As PTF chairman, how many new universities did he build? Even if Jonathan builds one classroom block and names it a university, it's a bold step in the right direction. Even Harvard and Cambridge Universities expanded over many years. Thanks to records. Had Buhari built a single room in his village and called it a primary school, it would have been a large primary school today. Jonathan has done wel in education sector judging by standard of our clime, especially considering past governments.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Eluwilussit(m): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
nationwide1:
I'm not a GEJ fan. As PTF chairman, how many new universities did he build? Even if Jonathan builds one classroom block and names it a university, it's a bold step in the right direction. Even Harvard and Cambridge Universities expanded over many years. Thanks to records. Had Buhari built a single room in his village and called it a primary school, it would have been a large primary school today.

God bless you. Don't mind the senseless people that have no iota of love for our young democracy.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Coming from an illiterate, one must commend the level of his IQ. I have observed that only touts, dropouts, failures, bigots and violent people support this terrorist. You still have the blood of all the Nigerians you have killed using BH, political thugs and senseless decrees during ur bloody regime. You have failed countless times before, this will not be an exception...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by utytill(m): 7:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Education don suffer.but show us ur certificate.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by rozayx5(m): 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
adeniyisamuel59:
Someone has just exhibited his brainless thought here, how can you compare six years to 20 months tenure of Buhari. The only achievement of clueless [b]Jonathan can not be compared to refineries Buhari built during his tenure...[/b]all we need is change, we can't continue in this hardship and economic mess...sai Buhari!

descartes firefire nigerianvenom waternogetenemy come see refinery crew grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Descartes: 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2015
Eluwilussit:
How can someone who either doesn't have any certificate or has refused to provide one, turn around and talk of our educational system? Buhari and his supporters should avoid any discussion where certificate might be mentioned. It is not in their best interest at all. Them mouth no reach education talk. They should stick to brooms and sai.
*Laughing hysterically in my native language "Cantonese"while reading that statement @bolded grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
nationwide1:

In the 1970's we built lots of schools , and admitted lots of students.

In the 1980's and 90's....as the oil price went down....the standard of the schools went down...and fees were kept low...

Me...I did not like having to live with five other guys in a room meant for one person as a student.I did not like seeing the kind of hostels I saw in a federal govt college....open to the elements. If you like that....then continue praising the overexpansion of our education system with no provision for how we would financially sustain it.

Honestly....I wonder for you Nigerians. You want stomach infrastructure govt....not plan for future govt.
Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by slikcipher(m): 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
opeyemisteph:
Issokay. Not only the educational sector...everything is empty, even his brain.

Buhari promised to Jail corrupt leaders...GEJ fans, get ready, BUHARI shall jail Jonadaarrrft and his PDPIGGS governors for corruption before the end of this year

SAI BUHARI

SAI BABA

FEBUHARI 14...WE CAN'T JUST WAIT

PS:
Nairaland Poll On February Presidential Election Between Jonathan And Buhari: https://www.nairaland.com/2119319/nairaland-poll-february-presidential-election

Please CAST your votes

Yes as empty as you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Descartes: 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
rozayx5:

descartes firefire nigerianvenom waternogetenemy come see refinery crew grin cheesy grin cheesy
Like Buhari like his supporters

1 Like

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Dewze(m): 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
elderhimself:

Hheeeyyy, are you sleeping ? So if unilag is substandard, it makes ur GEJ's universities standard Truly educated nigerians indeed....

Pls can some one help me to understand what this elder is saying? undecided undecided .
Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
adeniyisamuel59:
Someone has just exhibited his brainless thought here, how can you compare six years to 20 months tenure of Buhari. The only achievement of clueless Jonathan can not be compared to refineries Buhari built during his tenure...all we need is change, we can't continue in this hardship and economic mess...sai Buhari!
how many times do we have to get it into your thick skulls that buhari never built any refineries? na wa oh.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Firefire(m): 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
rozayx5:

are you surprised at the old illiterate general's comment.

You don't sell pearls to swine grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by emmasege: 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2015
I'm not surprised that this is coming from an illiterate. The so called best universities were at inception like the new universities. The aboki should have known that universities grow as they age, but how would he since he's not affiliated to one.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by derecho(m): 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2015
kellystech:
An illiterate will not see any thing good in education

Gej>>>>>>>2019
Bros those pictures are funny.
Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Ehen....so because I disagree with you, I do not have certificate?

Well..all them patients I have treated....they must be really really lucky! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Assignment....read about Dutch disease. Am sure you know naught about it...Mr Certificate.

You PDP and APC boys better leave us honest Nigerians alone!

grin

No sir. It is not because you disagree with me, but for the simple fact that you asked me to stop deceiving myself. Like your certificateless fellows, you people are always swift at throwing insults and when you get it back, you start ranting like a castrated muturu ndama.
I will candidly ask you to look up for the true meaning of dementia and ask anyone with certificate for what to do

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2015
Bad Belle is allowed. he should also jail tinubu.
opeyemisteph:

Buhari promised to Jail corrupt leaders...GEJ fans, get ready, BUHARI shall jail Jonadaarrrft and his PDPIGGS governors for corruption before the end of this year

SAI BUHARI

SAI BABA

PS:
Nairaland Poll On February Presidential Election Between Jonathan And Buhari: https://www.nairaland.com/2119319/nairaland-poll-february-presidential-election

Please CAST your votes

1 Like

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 31, 2015
Bad belle is allowed. he should also jail tinubu...

GEJ till 2019
opeyemisteph:

SAI BUHARI

SAI BABA

PS:

Please CAST your votes

1 Like

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by winioluwa: 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2015
[quote author=calebo101 post=30306044] cheesy it would have made sense if Buhari compared any of the schools he built to Jonathan's own.

My bad, he built none, he awarded none!

Interestingly, Buhari's daughter schools abroad (UK), last time i checked Jonathan's children are here schooling in Nigeria, with the masses!

Could you please compare with reasons and not with biased mind. BUHARI ruled this country for 18months while Jonathan had 9years. Your justification should be with time frame each had used.
Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by nationwide1(m): 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

In the 1970's we built lots of schools , and admitted lots of students.

In the 1980's and 90's....as the oil price went down....the standard of the schools went down...and fees were kept low...

Me...I did not like having to live with five other guys in a room meant for one person as a student.I did not like seeing the kind of hostels I saw in a federal govt college....open to the elements. If you like that....then continue praising the overexpansion of our education system with no provision for how wwe would financially sustain it.

Honestly....I wonder for you Nigerians. You want stomach infrastructure govt....not plan for future govt.
Don't defend Buhari by saying oil prices went down in 80s and 90s so they could not build universities. That's lie for a gullible mind. Oil prices went down yet people were looting in 80s and 90s. When did Babangida, Abacha, Shagari, Buhari rule Nigeria? In 80s and 90s. So they including Buhari only lacked the vision not money. Have you ever wondered why universities make their JAMB cut off points so high? The reason is the little available space. Do you think it's this hard to get admission in other climes? I don't play politics with facts. If you can’t commend Jonathan's steps in education sector, then politics has taken the place of logic.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
nationwide1:
Don't defend Buhari by saying oil prices went down in 80s and 90s so they could not build universities. That's lie for a gullible mind. Oil prices went down yet people were looting in 80s and 90s. When did Babangida, Abacha, Shagari, Buhari rule Nigeria? In 80s and 90s. So they including Buhari only lacked the vision not money. Have you ever wondered why universities make their JAMB cut off points so high? The reason is the little available space. Do you think it's this hard to get admission in other climes? I don't play politics with facts. If you can’t commend Jonathan's steps in education sector, then politics has taken the place of logic.

You may make fun of me, or indirectly accuse me of defending Buhari and IBB and Abacha (I don't) ...but facts is facts.

In the 1980's we had no money for major education projects. (Though IBB did establish several federal unis of agric...). Once the oil price dropped....the money ran out. Buhari and IBB 's govt watchword was austerity.

Which is why the corruption of those days was so painful. They were stealing from a weak and diminished treasury.

The reason why I oppose new university building by GEJ is not because it is a bad idea...or because I am an APC bot who beleives in opposition for opposition sake. The reason is....WE DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY FOR NEW UNIVERSITIES. We cannot even fund the old ones adequately....or why do you think ASUU and ASUP went on strike? For fun?

I am angry that we are not making the hard choices needed to fund education better in Nigeria...choices I outlined in my front page post.

Yes...GEJ built schools.....that in ten years time would be a shadow of themselves when the funding runs out.We saw this in the 1970's....when we had pristine universities...that by the late 1980's were shadows because of lack of funding (which is what led to the famous ASUU strikes of 1987 and 1992).

I am angry with this govt because instead of spending the oil largesse to get us off the oil....via aggressive spending on power, and industrial support infrastructure....and by removing the fuel subsidy so that we can have more cash for those things....they built more future liabilites.

And sadly APC is of the same make as the PDP.
Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by stexsy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2015
PDPwayoo:

so because ur father did not go to school, does that mean he cant advise you on education matters?
yes he can but he ll limited n u knw so
Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by gp6liveth(m): 8:38pm On Jan 31, 2015
A Warning From CAN To Nigerian Christians and By Watchers!!!!
SECRET: During Babangida’s Regime, he sold Nigeria to (Organisation of Islamic Conference) OIC" in other to Islamize Nigeria with an agreement that OIC will be supporting Nigeria financially & materially to accomplish their Mission. In return, Nigeria will be required to pay interest to OIC yearly. So from IBB's regime Nigeria has been paying. This stopped in 1999 when President Obasanjo who was a Christian came & stopped it for the 8yr's of his Tenure. Then 2007 Yara'dua came in & paid the outstanding depth of OBJ to OIC, with an interest & apology, he also paid his own from 2007 - 2010 & died. Goodluck Jonathan came in & stopped it for 6yr's now! OIC’s constitution states that any member Nations that Stopped, this payment for 10yr's, will be Automatically Excommunicated! Now GEJ has ruled Nigeria from 6th may 2010 - 2015. He is seeking for a 2nd Tenure that will make it 10yr's. So that Nigeria will be delivered from the Blood sucking fanatic Islamic Religion. That’s why APC’s presidential candidate Buhari has been fighting to rule Nigeria since OBJ's regime till date. Remember Nigeria’s 100yr's centenary was in 2014. And any Religion that starts to rule from this 2015 will take dominion till the next 100yr's. Note: I am not campaigning for GEJ, but I am just revealing a secret to my fellow Christians to Vote for Religion. Forget Boko Haram. OIC masterminded it to distract us, it will soon be over. Nigeria does not have the monopoly of Terrorism, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Egypt, Pakistan, Kuwait, Somalia etc. All these Nations have been fighting Terrorism since the 80s yet... Don’t personalize this secret please! Make sure you send it to all your friends & everybody around. May God bless you, as you Vote for a Christian President in the Nigerian Election - 2015. Remember God will judge you for using you thumb to dig the Grave of his Church - CAN

1 Like

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by tolexy007(m): 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Hmmm.....

EXACTLY!

Am afraid the APC is right....and I do not back them at all!

Look....the PDP govt completely refused to honor the 2009 ASUU-FG agreement....for funding the universities....and meanwhile....is building more univerisities with no thought to funding or no appreciation of the fact that the existing universities do not have enough lecturers?

Am sorry.....but we need to make changes in the way education is funded....and that means

1.We have to raise fees. Sorry....but there are too many universities.

2.We have to make universities private.

3.We redirect funding to our primary and secondary schools.

4.We make teaching attractive again. And we spend more on training teachers for the pry and secondary schools.

Nigeria....our education system is in a mess. And PDP is not making it better by increasing the number of universities....while at the same time reducing the amount of funding. Something's got to give.

P.S Link to a reform proposal put forward by a Nigerian in 2011

PPS 2....WASC and NECO failure rates are still sky high. Hence we need to follow points 3 and 4.
u are right, but can u show me a single skul gmb built wen he Was d president

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Elxandre(m): 9:13pm On Jan 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

What improvement?

More schools built....and no commensurate increase in funding?(Recipe for disaster).

A failure by the govt to accept that we may need to increase fees to make up the shortfall in funding?
Let us be honest.
Do you think the masses will ever agree to increment of fees for whatsoever reasons?

Come on, you of all people should know this.

I still had the argument last night with some elderly quite educated people. They had really strong words for the president concerning the increment in fees implemented in a few schools!

These people point to times like the Buhari era, stating how cheap school fees were.
Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Labayi96(m): 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
D mass failure among nigerian student is caused by our loss of our value we now live in a society were mediocrity replace merit & quota system was use in every sphere of our national to cheat those that are eligible not jonathan government

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by guardian09(m): 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
ellechrystal:
Illiterate , now I belive u ve no cert.smh.
Buhahahaha
Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2015
What does Buhari know about education?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty by ellechrystal(f): 9:38pm On Jan 31, 2015
guardian09:

Buhahahaha
I tire for d man o.
Anyways, my love how u dey?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE / Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) - Admissions 2012/2013 / Matawalle Donates N100m To JIBWIS For Construction Of Islamic University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.