Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,104 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? (6037 Views)

Meet These Beautiful Hausa Ladies / Man Proposes Marriage With The Help Of Nigeria Police (Photos) / Sex And Marriage With Robots; Fiction Or New Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by dlux: 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2015
Inter tribal marriages in Nigeria is fast becoming a norm but for Muslim Hausa ladies, its still a no go area especially if you're a christian. Why is this so? I find Hausa ladies much more respective & submissive even after a high degree of education to be honest.
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by iceberylin(m): 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2015
Dont bite wah you cant chew cool

1 Like

Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by ArchEnemy(m): 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
Maybe its about cultural diffrences and mindset

1 Like

Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by herald9: 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
I don't wanna go there...
we should never go there...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by naijaboiy: 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
undecided
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
dlux:
Inter tribal marriages in Nigeria is fast becoming a norm but for Muslim Hausa ladies, its still a no go area especially if you're a christian. Why is this so? I find Hausa ladies much more respective & submissive even after a high degree of education to be honest.

Why would you marry someone who does not share your religious belief? I know some people manage it....but those are the very very mature ones.

Religion is important to most people....more than their tribe or culture.

Plus....some hausa gals do get married outside their tribe.
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by motherlode: 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2015
I am not from the Hausa tribe and i don't have a concrete idea about but what I will like to. Donate my 2kb in the sense that { it is the same reason why ou can't buy a Ferrari for #1million even if it's fairly used! }
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by alberto2k(m): 3:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
*sighs*
undecided
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Movesz(m): 3:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hausa rocks buh yoruba girls rockets and igbo girls rocker....i dnt discriminate ...punna na punnani i bleep em like a murrafukker...
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Movesz(m): 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
As for me i cant marry a nigerian girl...when U.A.E girls are begging me for marriage..
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 01, 2015
U wish...

Movesz:
As for me i cant marry a nigerian girl...when U.A.E girls are begging me for marriage..
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by ronald4lif(m): 3:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
Are you talking about inter tribal or inter religious marriages? Because you are mixing up the two in your post.

Inter religious marriage is extremely difficult in Naija even among largely Christianity dominated southern Nigeria. In the southwest for instance, there are many followers of both Christian and Islam faith, but still marriages between these two faith are not encouraged by many. A Yoruba Muslim man may encounter hard challenges from his people or the relatives of his Christian wife to be when seeking for her hands in marriage. So the issue of inter religious marriages affects every part of Nigeria and not just Hausa alone. A Muslim from either the North or western part of Nigeria will equally have tough challenges marrying from South East of Nigeria. I agree with you though, that inter religious anti marriage sentiments is more prevalent in the north than in the southwest. The southwest are widely exposed, educated and travelled to kick against marriage on religious grounds.
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by dlux: 3:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
Walahi Talahi! It takes much to convince a muslim family that you'll love, marry & cherish their daughter. I think its more of a religious problem than tribal.
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Movesz(m): 3:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
AmberQueen:
U wish...

what part of nigeria are you from¿
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
Do not be equally yoked with an unbeliever.
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
Movesz:

what part of nigeria are you from¿

Y do u want to know
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
you answered your question....it has everything to do with religious belief,a Hausa Muslim girl could marry a Yoruba Muslim guy,bt she is less likely to marry a Christian Yoruba guy...but then again,it has alot to do with the parents. parents should give their daughters a break,the world is advancing,and many Muslim Hausa girls are falling for Christian guyz...marriage should be about who you can live with and who makes you happy.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Movesz(m): 3:58pm On Feb 01, 2015
AmberQueen:

Y do u want to know

why did you qoute me¿

Nigerians..answering questions with questions since the time of awolowo.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Movesz(m): 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
jemimaa01:
you answered your question....it has everything to do with religious belief,a Hausa Muslim girl could marry a Yoruba Muslim guy,bt she is less likely to marry a Christian Yoruba guy...but then again,it has alot to do with the parents. parents should give their daughters a break,the world is advancing,and many Muslim Hausa girls are falling for Christian guyz...marriage should be about who you can live with and who makes you happy.
even yu knw yus statement is a lie
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by dstnd: 4:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
same religion that is causing divsion
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by herald9: 4:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
all problems being listed... lemme add mine...

if as a Christian... you want to marry a Muslim...

What type of wedding will you do

1 Like

Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
Movesz:
even yu knw yus statement is a lie
what's a lieundecided I said "could" that is,she is more likely to marry a Yoruba Muslim than a Yoruba Christian,I am not saying Hausa girls marry from other tribes always.besides,because you don't know about any situation doesn't mean it isn't happening...so its not a lie
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Movesz(m): 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
jemimaa01:
what's a lieundecided I said "could" that is,she is more likely to marry a Yoruba Muslim than a Yoruba Christian,I am not saying Hausa girls marry from other tribes always.besides,because you don't know about any situation doesn't mean it isn't happening...so its not a lie
sweet..was jokin tho
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
Last time I checked Buhari's daughter is married to an igbo man from Anambra state, Nneni precisely same town as Mikel obi.
She's Muslim but now a catholic and worships @ st ifedi catholic church.
Muslim girls are easy catch, go to buhari's home and pick a wife there as a christian.
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
Movesz:

why did you "qoute" me¿

Nigerians..answering questions with questions since the time of awolowo.

R u unquotable angry
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Movesz(m): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
AmberQueen:

R u unquotable angry

babe are you ready to answer me answer me..

Stup answerin qstn wth qstn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by LewisO: 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
Leaving Premmier school going to Lux school. undecided when u have western/eastern ladies within your reach, u want to go fish for.... What do u call them sef?
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by ChristyG(f): 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2015
ronald4lif:
Are you talking about inter tribal or inter religious marriages? Because you are mixing up the two in your post.

Inter religious marriage is extremely difficult in Naija even among largely Christianity dominated southern Nigeria. In the southwest for instance, there are many followers of both Christian and Islam faith, but still marriages between these two faith are not encouraged by many. A Yoruba Muslim man may encounter hard challenges from his people or the relatives of his Christian wife to be when seeking for her hands in marriage. So the issue of inter religious marriages affects every part of Nigeria and not just Hausa alone. A Muslim from either the North or western part of Nigeria will equally have tough challenges marrying from South East of Nigeria. I agree with you though, that inter religious anti marriage sentiments is more prevalent in the north than in the southwest. The southwest are widely exposed, educated and travelled to kick against marriage on religious grounds.
the statement about yoruba muslims is wrong tho,there are lots of yoruba muslims who are married to yoruba christians,half of yoruba governors in d sw are muslims married to yoruba christians(fashola,amosun,ajimobi)..there are lots of families in yoruba with christians and muslims in it,i dont know about other regions but definately not d southwest
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
Movesz:

babe are you ready to answer me answer me..

Stup answerin qstn wth qstn.

U r also ansrin questions with questions...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by Movesz(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
AmberQueen:

U r also ansrin questions with questions...

too mush qustns..

Im stressed..

I rest ma casd..
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by zenith4biz(m): 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
98% of Hausa girls marriage Is determined by parents guided by Quran (Religion)
My dear Christian brother how do you want to explain to them that you want to marry their daughter, when the main determinant of the marriage is not love.
Hausa's holds their religion so dear to them and as such would not give their daughter to an 'unbeliever'
My dear Christian brother if you understand your religion so much you wouldn't try to give your own daughter to an 'unbeliever'
During the course of my NYSC I realized that the girls love southerners, Christians inclusive but which child would allow his parents to disown him/her by playing against the ethics of the land.

My 2kb
Can two walk together except they agree?
Would you accept to be equally yoked with an unbeliever?
Re: Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? by ronald4lif(m): 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2015
ChristyG:
the statement about yoruba muslims is wrong tho,there are lots of yoruba muslims who are married to yoruba christians,half of yoruba governors in d sw are muslims married to yoruba christians(fashola,amosun,ajimobi)..there are lots of families in yoruba with christians and muslims in it,i dont know about other regions but definately not d southwest

Okay, I was wrong then. Thanks for the correction

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies 18 Things You Should Never Put In Your Vagina / Ladies Get In Here #funtime / What Is The Use Of A Big D**k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.