Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) (60549 Views)

Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission / Meet The Explosive Device Expert Who Is Ready 2 Die In Fighting Boko Haram(pics) / Monguno: Chadian Helicopters Drop Food, Weapons For Boko Haram Terrorists- Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Samchelsea:
for avoidance of doubt and correct me if am wrong, I believe maitatsine was just a small sect back then and you can't compare them to Boko haram of this time cos this is almost a full scale war the military is fighting

Did you read the link?

The only difference, IMHO, is that BH has their hands on more sophisticated weaponry that the Maitatsine lunatics had back then.

IMHO, Boko Haram was allowed to fester and thus their growth. Had Nigerian been under a military rule or that the civilian leaderships allowed the military to be military then BH would have been nipped in the bud way back then.

In history, things seek the path of least resistance. Why did BH choose Nigeria and not UK, Australia, USA or Germany? They did so because we are weak in a military speaking.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by stigman(m): 11:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
overhypedsteve:
stupid post. does that helicopter look armed to you?
that bird did not fight any BOKO HARAM.it may have been used to supply troops, but as for fight, no. it did not fight. unless it landed on a Bokoharam militant and crushed him thank you. you thought this because unlike some of the other people that looked at the picture, you had sense and you used it well in thinking.

Mi 24

Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Scholes007(m): 11:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
lakesidepapa:

This is MI -24s , BH will be a history if federal government can get at least 10 of this
i don't think the Yankees can allow us get that
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by lakesidepapa(m): 11:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
Scholes007:

i don't think the Yankees can allow us get that
Why not?
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by charlos14: 11:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
Samchelsea:
am not used to specs for helicopters but the guys who took the photo(AFP) said they were mi 24
Dumb'* a+ss* * that don't know crap

1 Like

Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Horus(m): 12:00am On Feb 02, 2015
Samchelsea:
am not misleading anyone bro, different news outlets have their own stories to write and even though your own source is with a different story I believe it might be connected but with different type of reportage.......the link provided claims the story was gotten from AFP and I believe an international news outlet such as AFP cannot just wake up overnight and cook up this story

The same AFP international news outlet who lied by claiming that Saddam Hussein got weapons of mass destruction? , yeah riight! I believe you. grin . Same reportage when they bombed the same Nigerian town of Gamboru on the same day.
The Chadians will not use outdated transport helicopters when they can use their MiG-29s fighter jets. (below)

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/chadian-aircraft-bomb-nigerian-town-anti-boko-haram-raid/

Chadian Air Force (MiG-29s fighter jet)
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by musaffyan(m): 12:03am On Feb 02, 2015
Hmmmm dat chopper looks like d chopper dat was seized at kano airport some time ago in December 2014

And d Chadian govt repainted it

Oooops
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by EMANY01(m): 12:09am On Feb 02, 2015
iiichidodo:
Very bulky aircraft.Its manoervability could be poor especially when evading high explosive projectiles although its armour is said to be the best amongst Rotatory wing aicrafts..[b][size=20pt].GOD help them if BH come equipped with Manpad anti-aircraft missiles but we understand that gear isn't available in the blackmarket hence Tchad's confidence prancing about with these aerial work horses... [/size][/b]

Manpads no but do not make that bet where black-market SA-7s or/and Chinese clones of the SA -7 ,Stingers are concerned.
There is documented history/statistics detailing the performance (if you choose to say performance) of Russian Rotatory aircraft most notably.
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 02, 2015
Nice one.. Chad, rescuer of Nigeria from the hands of militants cool
Nigerian officers,,,,,well....what else can i say... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Samchelsea(m): 12:14am On Feb 02, 2015
charlos14:

Dumb'* a+ss* * that don't know crap
so does this add to your intelligence?....going about insulting people, last time I checked I was talking with you so do yourself good by getting off my mention....Mr know it all
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Adam212: 12:14am On Feb 02, 2015
giles14:
pls dat is mi 17 transport/assault helicopter and not mi 24

pls wheren is jesse jagz 19... over sabi grin grin grin grin grin i greet, happy new month

1 Like

Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 02, 2015
slimfit1:
There is something not right here. This is not a fighter helicopter. Boko haram can shoot this things down.
You are correct, bro!

1 Like

Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by EMANY01(m): 12:15am On Feb 02, 2015
ocelot2006:

Sir, those are Mi-17s NOT Frelons. No one in Africa operates the Frelons.

Ok ok ...just that at first glance at the picture provided it did look like it.Looking further and reading the article further,i realized the error.
That was a while back.Thank you anyways.
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Scholes007(m): 12:15am On Feb 02, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Why not?
they block us from acquiring chinook helo from Israel talk more of jet fighter
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/boko-
haram-us-halts-israeli-aid-nigeria/
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Legendoscar2: 12:16am On Feb 02, 2015
overhypedsteve:
stupid post. does that helicopter look armed to you?
that bird did not fight any BOKO HARAM.it may have been used to supply troops, but as for fight, no. it did not fight. unless it landed on a Bokoharam militant and crushed him thank you. you thought this because unlike some of the other people that looked at the picture, you had sense and you used it well in thinking.

Simple. It's a logistics bird not an attack Helicter but the not a lot of aparople have seen a copter in close proximity come to talk about the different types. So we fit excuse the op abeg
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by piagetskinner(m): 12:20am On Feb 02, 2015
This isn't even close to the mi-24...an apache would have been just fine...

----so there's now MJTF....hmm the joint task force is really metamorphosizing, which sadly isn't at par with the level of terror that should have been brought to the boko-haram camp
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 02, 2015
This is definitely false, that is not an attack helicopter, looks nothing like it.

Reasons why I never visit lindaikeji's blog anymore.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 02, 2015
tundeayo2020:
I'm a Chadian

btw the choppers reminds me of GOW series
which time Igbo don start to dey claim another country undecided
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 02, 2015
lakesidepapa:

This is MI -24s , BH will be a history if federal government can get at least 10 of this
oga, you dey show us f16 fighter jet come dey say na MI24.
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by adewasco2k(m): 12:53am On Feb 02, 2015
Wait!!! Everyone else knows about helicopters except me?
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Missy89(f): 12:59am On Feb 02, 2015
Zoharariel:

Errrmmm, I think we need Sirshymex & Missy89 to clarify for us. grin

BTW, when did Sirshymex deactivate his account? I'm surely going to miss that dude. Missy89, Y do u also intend to leave us?

Thats a Mi-17 Helicopter mainly used for transportation but you can modify it for fire rockets and guns

And Yes i am deactivating my account in few weeks smiley
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by SirShymexx: 1:12am On Feb 02, 2015
Missy89:

Thats a Mi-17 Helicopter mainly used for transportation but you can modify it for fire rockets and guns

And Yes i am deactivating my account in few weeks smiley

Lol. Don't deactivate ya account. I just went ghost cos something came up - and I need 200% concentration, without distraction. Should be back by the end of the month.

Are you watching the Super Bowl? tongue
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Missy89(f): 1:20am On Feb 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Don't deactivate ya account. I just went ghost cos something came up - and I need 200% concentration, without distraction. Should be back by the end of the month.

Are you watching the Super Bowl? tongue

Something is coming up as well and i have to be away for a long time. I am returning to planet Ieguosheshan IV where I came from cry

Yes i am watching
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by SirShymexx: 1:28am On Feb 02, 2015
Missy89:

Something is coming up as well and i have to be away for a long time. I am returning to planet Ieguosheshan IV where I came from cry

Yes i am watching

Yous crazy, bae! Lool.

Imma hit Nibiru during my hiatus to holla at black Jesus and the ancient men. You can pass through and/or drop a message for the black gods lol.

I'm pissed at the freaking rubbish Seahawks receivers - these bums can't even get open for fvck sake with all the useless big talks by Doug Baldwin for two weeks now. Got money on these suckers, man. Can't wait for Bam Bam Kam to knock Gronk the fvck out. Leggo Hawks!!!!!

"I'm just here so I won't get fined!" And "shout outs to my real Africans!" - Marshawn Beast Mode Lynch!!
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by ohenhen1: 1:45am On Feb 02, 2015
Nigerian fighter jets and helicopters are also been used.
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Nobody: 1:45am On Feb 02, 2015
These are cargo and personnel helicopters na undecided undecided
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Swiftboy(m): 1:56am On Feb 02, 2015
CityNG:

That Nigerian has to get involved in a MNJTF in order to quell a mild terrorist insurgence just shows how far we've slid into a military decay.

"The military head of state, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari responded with a deafening ferocity. He literally moved in his forces to wipe off the sect from existence with the same ruthlessness that he pursued Chadian forces under President Shagari. Under Shagari, Buhari was the General Officer Commanding , 3rd Armoured Brigade, Jos, Plateau State and played significant roles in containg the Maitatsine sect. Buhari flew to Yola and oversaw the military wipe out the sect (his popular vice, Idiagbon was out of the country). Buhari then vowed that Maitatsine would never sprout again. Actually, he dealt the sect a very severe blow. When Musa Makaniki, the new sect leader, fled to his hometown in Gombe, Buhari’s forces gave him a hot chase."

Source: http://valentineodika..com/2013/12/maitatsine-bloodbath-nigerias-religious.html

Gen Buhari did not need some silly coalition in order to defeat Maitatsine.
Boko Haram is not maitatsine sect...they're international terrorists!
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Swiftboy(m): 1:59am On Feb 02, 2015
giles14:
on easy is d head dat wears d cap.incompetent? my man if u ar handed d leadership of dis country u will perform worst dan dis present govt.it's high time we stop pointing fingers at each other.even ur Messiah buhari of APC is just afta his pocket n so are his cohorts
expecially when oil blocks is due to be shared very soon. God help the common man. grin
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 02, 2015
Swiftboy:
Boko Haram is not maitatsine sect...they're international terrorists!

I disagree.

They are more similar than they are different.

It pays to do some reading and research some before offering an opinion in a public fora.

"The founder of the Maitatsine sect, Alhaji Mohammed (Muhammadu) Marwa was not a Nigerian even if his activities would later lead to the loss of thousands of precious Nigerian lives. He migrated from the town of Marwa (Maroua) in northern Cameroon to Kano State in 1945. Marwa, which is a center of cotton industry is also the capital of the Far North Region of Cameroon and the predominant religion there is Sufi Islam. Maitatsine settled in the warm and hospitable city of Kano, acclimatized and adapted to their ways of life."

This is what Wiki suggests and it goes to contradict what you suggested

"Some analysts view the terrorist group Boko Haram as an extension of the Maitatsine riots.[9]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maitatsine
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by honvalid(m): 2:18am On Feb 02, 2015
[b][/b]Lord May your grace and strength be with the solders.[s][/s
Re: Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 02, 2015
this is not a fighter helicopter, except if this journalist is indirectly saying the military is trying to scare or even attack unarmed civilians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Fulani Must Go': Edo Women Protest, Block Major Roads (Photos, Video) / Keyamo: Peter Obi And Labour Party Rigged In Enugu (Photos) / Rahama Indimi Divorces Mohammed Babangida. Leaks Audio Calling Him Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.