Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,270 members, 7,867,710 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:07 PM

Yoruba Guy Or Yoruba Lady? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yoruba Guy Or Yoruba Lady? (681 Views)

Isnt He The Most Handsome Yoruba Guy In The World / When A Yoruba Guy Is Handsome... / A Rich Yoruba Guy Is Chasing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Guy Or Yoruba Lady? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
I have been on Nairaland for a while and I see how other tribes,especially the igbos hate yoruba ladies.so many negative remarks,maybe generalizing some Yorubas behaviors around them.but Yoruba guys in the other hand don't seems to have problem with other tribes.I see so many bashing on Yoruba ladies on my thread,you can never think Any body from other tribes can marry a Yoruba woman.But in real life,wedding btw Yoruba ladies and guys from other tribes are more than the opposite.I have seen more of Yoruba ladies married by igbo man than any other combinations.Two of my very close aunties were married to igbo...others include Peter okoye and Lola,Dr Sid and simisola.while Yoruba Guys to igbo is not very common to ME.This got me thinking if all those comments are not from this world or the posters are just hypocrites
Re: Yoruba Guy Or Yoruba Lady? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
kindly ask the gods
Re: Yoruba Guy Or Yoruba Lady? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
olrotimi:
kindly ask the gods
the gods have no mouth to speak...
Re: Yoruba Guy Or Yoruba Lady? by zyzxx(m): 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ipledge:
the gods have no mouth to speak...
grin grin

Some people just av mouth to spoil things
Re: Yoruba Guy Or Yoruba Lady? by yemicoal(m): 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hold on let me ask IFA angry
Re: Yoruba Guy Or Yoruba Lady? by ronald4lif(m): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
You are contracting yourself, how can you list Igbos married to Yorubas in one breath and in the other breath says Igbos hate Yorubas. You went further by highlighting your relatives happily married to Igbo men. The whole thing doesn't add up.

The few Igbos (or even if there are of great numbers) views about the Yoruba tribe does not in any stretch represent those of many of them. Igbos have been living peacefully with Yorubas for over a century, even before the southern and northern protectorate were merged together to form Nigeria. These set of people who often times throw venoms on people's tribe are usually uneducated, petite and are not happy generally so they resort to abuse not just tribe but personalities to make them feel good.

Your assertion is stereotypical and shouldn't have been so

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Guy Or Yoruba Lady? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
ronald4lif:
You are contracting yourself, how can you list Igbos married to Yorubas in one breath and in the other breath says Igbos hate Yorubas. You went further by highlighting your relatives happily married to Igbo men. The whole thing doesn't add up.

The few Igbos (or even if there are of great numbers) views about the Yoruba tribe does not in any stretch represent those of many of them. Igbos have been living peacefully with Yorubas for over a century, even before the southern and northern protectorate were merged together to form Nigeria. These set of people who often times throw venoms on people's tribe are usually uneducated, petite and are not happy generally so they resort to abuse not just tribe but personalities to make them feel good.

if you take to read my thread well,you will see we are almost saying the same thing.what I mean is that the igbo guys I know doesn't hate yoruba ladies,but the comments I read on nairaland do shock me
Re: Yoruba Guy Or Yoruba Lady? by ronald4lif(m): 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ipledge:
if you take to read my thread well,you will see we are almost saying the same thing.what I mean is that the igbo guys I know doesn't hate yoruba ladies,but the comments I read on nairaland do shock me

I have come accross a few of such comments too, and it comes from both tribes though I must admit Igbos are the ones who does it more, but these are usually kids, or adults with kids toga. When and if they ever grow up they will start seeing life differently. People are not supposed to be defined by their religion, race, or ethnicity. But this is very hard for some people to grasp.

The worst hit in tribal and religious confrontations in Nigeria are northerners and Islam. Many Nigerians, mainly from the south apply no decorum and spare no feelings when unleashing hate comments on them. It makes one wonder if they were the ones who decided on which tribe to be born from. Sickening!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Guy Or Yoruba Lady? by Vyolet(f): 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
ronald4lif:

I have come accross a few of such comments too, and it comes from both tribes though I must admit Igbos are the ones who does it more, but these are usually kids, or adults with kids toga. When and if they ever grow up they will start seeing life differently. People are not supposed to be defined by their religion, race, or ethnicity. But this is very hard for some people to grasp.
The worst hit in tribal and religious confrontations in Nigeria are northerners and Islam. Many Nigerians, mainly from the south apply no decorum and spare no feelings when unleashing hate comments on them. It makes one wonder if they were the ones who decided on which tribe to be born from. Sickening!
ronald4lif:

cool cool smiley

(1) (Reply)

Falling In Love With A Woman In Your Office / How Love Is Lost / Which Of These, Pls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.