Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,812 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain (49317 Views)

Top Poorest Countries In The World - 2016 List / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU / The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by mmsen: 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
You people are forever looking for external approval - this is not a list of hated nationalities, it is a list of countries that are disliked as a result of media representation. How many of the people sampled have ever stepped foot in Russia? Or Israel? Or North Korea?

I wish some of you would educate yourselves on Western culture instead of slavishly accepting whatever the Western media tell you.

Another thing you might want to know - those guys hate everybody, London regularly tops the list of the rudest tourist destinations (they usually rival Paris for the title).

What reason do they have to hate Russia? Russians spend more money in London than anyone, more so than the Arabs.

To be honest, Nigeria is in good company on this list - I wish Nigeria were more like Israel or Russia in its determination to do what is best for itself as a nation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by TruthPower: 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
The average Nigerian (not the ones milking Nigeria dry)ought to hate the British for the mess they put together .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by XBLadez: 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
Cyber criminals and the Islamic terrorists in Nigeria are among the reasons we're hated in Europe.

FACT
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by sparkleRed(f): 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
Why won't they hate us, when we ourselves hate each other..evidence 4rm this thread, see Yoruba's bashing Igbos and vice versa, Nigerians re the problem of Nigeria, u guys nid 2 grow up pls, and funny enuf dis forum is nt strictly a Nigeria Forum, yet we kip washing our dirty, smelly linen outside, even our neighbouring Africa countries d ones wey no reach us half, go dey insult us, and they come 2 dis forum 2 still bash us, y? because tribalism has eaten deep into our system...Wat a sorrowful thing smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by delishpot: 2:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
fr3do:

There are more serial killers in america

And you believe the world loves America more? I wont go to America unless its to save my life for real.

On the other hand, Tell me, if your pregnant wife feels like drinking orange juicE at 1am, where will you feel more secure and bold enough to take a stroll and go buy some? In the streets of Naija or in the streets of America.
Abeg, our bros in America make una help us out here. I want to know.
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
delishpot:

With the news comming out of Africa, what is there to love about it? We Africans do more damage to our felloe Africans than the whites do to us right now
Dont even get started on slave trade abeg. Its an old tune and I am tired of that card. Slave trade has ended, yet we are not a better People. Our own vrothers captured us and sold us out as slaves to the white man. I do not see any white man comming into our jungle to pack us by themselves. It was us, our own brothers that waged wars, captured villagers and sold them out in the name of rival tribe, enemies etc To be shipped by the white man abroad.
So, with the news of ritual killings, greed, cultism etc etc ravaging Africa, what is there to love about it?

I don't see your reasons as genuine enough to hate a country. What news are coming out of Saudi Arabia and Argentina, to warrant their being on that list, or is poverty and ritual killings going on there too? Why are there no other African countries on that list (countries which are poorer and more corrupt than Nigeria)? Don't try to justify them.

Anybody can hate anyone for any flimsy reason, it's their business. I guess Saudi Arabia is hated cause it's an Arab country and Argentina cos of the struggle over who controls Faulk Island in south america.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
I am wondering how "unfavorable" translates to "hated".

The truth sometimes is a bitter pill to swallow.

A country where kidnappings, suicide bombings, bad road network, terrible transportation system, below average power rating, backward education sector, poverty etc are prevalent can hardly pass for a favorable country.

Nigerians tell yourself the truth!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by breakeven: 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
peckhamboi:
Nigeria don sufffer

The average Nigerian is worshipping the Brit, while they hate you like shit.

Wake up Africa.
The worst thing our leaders steal our money and take it there.The black man has a problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by delishpot: 2:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
vfactor:

I don't see your reasons as genuine enough to hate a country. What news are coming out of Saudi Arabia and Argentina, to warrant their being on that list, or is poverty and ritual killings going on there too? Why are there no other African countries on that list (countries which are poorer and more corrupt than Nigeria)? Don't try to justify them.

Anybody can hate anyone for any flimsy reason, it's their business. I guess Saudi Arabia is hated cause it's an Arab country and Argentina cos of the struggle over who controls Faulk Island in south america.

Forget about the word hate. Journalists just use any strong word to caption their topics so as to draw attention.
If you grant an interview, you will be shocked to read the caption the next morning. By the time you see ::::" I Fμck girls for a living you" actor Vfactor. sef go open mouth and wonder when you said that.
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by zimoni(f): 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
I don't blame them, I blame our visionless leaders.

No Scandinavian or Arab from Gulf will go and hustle in UK like we Nigerians do. If our country was okay, why would our people want to live in UK forever?

We really need to demolish this unproductive nation called Nigeria in order to rebuild various Productive Nations. That's the only solution.

We shall get there. I believe.

And to the Idiatus bashing Yorubas, foreigners see us all as Nigerians not our tribes.

Lobatan.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by LAX89(m): 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
peckhamboi:
Nigeria don sufffer

Wake up Africa.

Tell that to buhari and his apc entourage in Britain.
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by ttmacoy: 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
The subject is very misleading. They are referring to places they would like to live and not that they hate Nigerians as the OP has stated.

peckhamboi:
Nigeria don sufffer

Wake up Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by jtreasure1(f): 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
Wake up call for nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by ttmacoy: 2:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2015
delishpot:

Forget about the word hate. Journalists just use any strong word to caption their topics so as to draw attention.
If you grant an interview, you will be shocked to read the caption the next morning. By the time you see ::::" I Fμck girls for a living you". sef go open mouth and wonder when you said that.

Be that as it may, the message is clear. It may not be hate....maybe its dislike. but my questions are still unanswered. Wetin countries like Argentina do them? Abi na cos Maradona score goal with hand against them? Or na cos Him dribble 7 of their players

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by BabaO2: 2:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
Not only in UK
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by DBlackCeazer(m): 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
osmosis2015:

You are Nigerian calling your fellow Nigerian animal, when a white dude calls you black monkey you will start throwing feet. We Africans have a long way to go, there is no unity among us at all.
pay her no attention,she is ignorant.
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by king80: 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
What do you know about the country,Romania?
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
delishpot:

With the news comming out of Africa, what is there to love about it? We Africans do more damage to our felloe Africans than the whites do to us right now
Dont even get started on slave trade abeg. Its an old tune and I am tired of that card. Slave trade has ended, yet we are not a better People. Our own vrothers captured us and sold us out as slaves to the white man. I do not see any white man comming into our jungle to pack us by themselves. It was us, our own brothers that waged wars, captured villagers and sold them out in the name of rival tribe, enemies etc To be shipped by the white man abroad.
So, with the news of ritual killings, greed, cultism etc etc ravaging Africa, what is there to love about it?

A bit ignorant, this post...okay more than a bit...
You do not ever wanna say for you to be spared on the issue of slave trade/ racism!
And you do not get it all all....or you would never say "but our people did the selling"

I believe you need to read a lot, plenty and in detail...about the slave trade, and racism
It will take a bit of your time I am afraid

You actually would have to drop NL for a bit
I will understand if you cant
Okay....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by M4gunners: 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
With the argument here in this thread, we nigerians hate each other. It could have been better if UK has name us as number 1 haters in their list.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by Krasid(m): 2:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
sparkleRed:
Why won't they hate us, when we ourselves hate each other..evidence 4rm this thread, see Yoruba's bashing Igbos and vice versa, Nigerians re the problem of Nigeria, u guys nid 2 grow up pls, and funny enuf dis forum is nt strictly a Nigeria Forum, yet we kip washing our dirty, smelly linen outside, even our neighbouring Africa countries d ones wey no reach us half, go dey insult us, and they come 2 dis forum 2 still bash us, y? because tribalism has eaten deep into our system...Wat a sorrowful thing smh
Well said.Nigerians are the cause of their problems.After reading the comments in this thread i was disappointed with the hate Nigerians have towards each other.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
SO HOW WILL CITIZENS EAT FROM PROCEEDS FROM ALL NATURAL RESOURCES AND AGRICULTURE,OR WE SHOULD WORK VERY HARD AND LEAVE THE PROCEEDS TO THE THEIVES AS USUAL.
bushdoc9919:
So we are among the ''hated'' eh? What do we do now.

1.We have to become an educated people. We must invest in education as a means of solving problems, and not as a means of getting a job. To do that we must place emphasis on STEM and we must train our children in problem solving.

2.We have to become an orderly people. Driving on the roads here in Nigeria...one sees people jumping the traffic light, or overspeeding and overloading. And we come with that attitude when we get out of the country. We have to become a people of rules and regulations.....and we have to follow them well.

3.We must become a humble people. No more ''I am important because I know X or am related to Y''. Rather....let us judge each other by our personal worth.

4.We must become a working people. We must not behave as if the world owes us a living....we must work hard for every bit of money...and not assume that we deserve a share of some national cake.(That does not exist BTW).

5.We must become a polite people. Not this one where we use unprintable language to describe people''s tribe or religion. Be nice to each other. It does not cost much.

6.Finally, we have to learn to respect the laws of wherever we are. Simples.
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
uplawal:
SO HOW WILL CITIZENS EAT FROM PROCEEDS FROM ALL NATURAL RESOURCES AND AGRICULTURE,OR WE SHOULD WORK VERY HARD AND LEAVE THE PROCEEDS TO THE THEIVES AS USUAL.

Presumably, by working....I mean it includes that we should use those natural resources and agric products as the basis of an industrial revolution which will bring in more revenue than oil ever brought....and which BTW will mean that the thieves won't be able to steal because stealing means the industries grind to a halt....which means no money for them too.

I hope it is clear enough.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by macof(m): 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
That's their business...after all, they created Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by iamord(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
Tell them to blame their forefathers that created nigeria.
sounds helpless. And not lack thought power and creativity to solve ones Problems
Re: Nigeria Among Most Hated Countries In Britain by macof(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
delishpot:

didn't u jst say slave trade as ended? Wats ur problem? Did u hate ur childhood? You even lack knowledge of the slave trade era by the way u post
nobody can take u seriously because u are jst too emotional and need to chill

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Russell Goreraza Buys 2 Rolls Royce Limousines (Photos. Video) / Germany Begins Massive Clean-up Effort Costing BILLIONS ( Pictures) / Putin's Nuclear Comments Lead To Rush For Iodine In Central Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.