Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,661 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? (2974 Views)

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by Seye(m): 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2005
I’ve taken time to study events in Churches, Crusades or Christian gatherings, and I found out that the population of women far outweight that of men.

Why is this so? Is it that they love God better, or they are more gullible than men, or is it emotion?

You need to see the passion at which women serve in the church. Check out any Christian gathering you’ll see what I mean. and yet the bible refer to them as "weaker vessel".

Why is this so?
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by WesleyanA(f): 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2005
It's because women suffer way more than men do in life.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by Seun(m): 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2005
Are you saying that the more people suffer the more they go to church? Are you sure that it has nothing to do with women being more emotional?
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by WesleyanA(f): 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2005
funny how there are more women members in church and less women pastors in church. that's just one of the numerous problems women suffer.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by Seye(m): 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2005
Seun:

Are you saying that the more people suffer the more they go to church? Are you sure that it has nothing to do with women being more emotional?
Seun you are funny grin
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by WesleyanA(f): 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2005
it's not funny. it's ironic because seun is as emotional as three women put together!! grin
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by Seye(m): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2005
WesleyanA:

It's because women suffer way more than men do in life.

I agree with you WesleyanA (I guess u r referring to Childbirth). But men suffer the most thinking and working on how to make ends meet to take care of the family. I guess men are just too busy for God. grin grin
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by WesleyanA(f): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2005
who do men think of childbirth when women say "suffering". childbirth is only one small part of all the suffering women go through!
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by hotangel2(f): 1:15am On Oct 06, 2005
it's simply because.. Women r just women. It just happens. we have to live with it.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by Jackie(f): 3:35am On Oct 06, 2005
NNaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh it's just that by nature women are nuturers, very sensitive, more emotional while men are the challengers, react more in thier thoughts than in thier words and so they comes accross as being rigid and hard as compare to the woman.

Now to guys wink not a bad thing ooh , that;s the way God planned it so this is from God bad thing is that some men use these Godly qualities in an abusive way. cry WAR BETIDE YOU cry
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by WesleyanA(f): 3:38am On Oct 06, 2005
funny how my mom goes to church more than my dad does. but my dad prays a lot more than my mom does.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by chrisd(m): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2005
Perhaps the pastor is cute smiley smiley
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by WesleyanA(f): 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2005
chrisd:

Perhaps the pastor is cute smiley smiley

nice point. wink . . the pastor sure is sexy!.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by alheri(f): 11:17am On Dec 29, 2005
Well, i think.......its because women are mothers,they go to church/mosque to pray for their children both male/female. They want things to be better for there children and subsequently the society. Like seun said,we are emotional. We are ruled mostly by our hearts and we want our children to be good and happy. Women are passionate about the things of God,that is why they are always in the fore front in places of worship. Not just in churches seun, even in mosgues. I used to notice that men normally go to the mosque for the usual 5 times a day prayers. But you find women going into the mosques at all times to pray and petition on behalf of thier familiy. I had a friend like that who would sit for hours doing her "chesbi"(might be wrong spelling). When i asked her she told me that she had to pray for her husband,father,brothers etc. She said that normally,they just go to the mosque for thie usual prayers but dont have time to ask God for specific things. In christianity also,you find out that women fast more. Men do too,but most of them couldnt be bothered. Women are passionate, they pray for the nation.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by icingbaby(f): 2:03am On Jan 04, 2006
yes i think women are more religious than me.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by kismat: 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2006
Christianity is an emotional religion hence its appeal to women who (as clearly stated by my respected sisters here) are very emotional by nature. As for Islam, Man and Woman role are clearly defined and have exceptions. As the prophet clearly said, the best man is the one who is kind, loving etc to his wife and the best woman is the one who is obedient to her husband. As for women going to mosque, its discouraged and they (women) are suppose to pray at their homes. They get 27 times the reward of praying at the mosque. As one learned man put it, if we were to allow our women to perform all 5 daily prayers at the mosque, they will come a time when going to the mosque will be an excuse to go out and do all sorts of things. Just look at the the sunday mass and how it has turned into a "hook-up" center and you'll understand.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by alheri(f): 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2006
Hook up centre? Kismat you always make me giggle. Did it occur to you that maybe the "learned man" was just trying to point out the fact that muslim women could be dishonest would normally lie to their husbands and parents about their outings? I never knew women had less rights to the mosque than the men. Am hearing that for the first time,will definately enquire more about this. There is nothing wrong with single christian men "hooking" up with fellow single christian ladies in church when seeking a life partner. It is better than "hooking"up in night clubs and where ever and landing with unbelievers.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by AlRaheem(m): 5:48am On Jun 18, 2007
the view # @the time of this post is 666
@topic
no comment!!!  Man Won't even argue this one
good luck to u w/your Owner
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by pilgrim1(f): 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2007
@Jackie,

NNaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh it's just that by nature women are nuturers, very sensitive, more emotional while men are the challengers, react more in their thoughts than in their words and so they comes accross as being rigid and hard as compare to the woman.

Na so - simply said. Girl, you're talking by experience o jare! cheesy Anyone wants to confirm the above only needs to sample this clip: (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QMoudKDGg) grin
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by nerd2: 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2008
@POST

"He started out by showing a slide listing two columns of attributes. On one side were words like[i] strong, hard worker, and focused[/i]. On the other side were words like caring, loving, and gentle. Murrow asked us to look at both columns and tell him which column we thought best described the characteristics of Jesus Christ. Most people answered the caring-loving-gentle column. Murrow confessed that he had gotten the two columns from chapter one of Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. One column described men and the other column (the one that everyone selected) described women (and apparently Jesus)."

This was quite interesting to read. I think Jesus was all of these things, I mean you can't tell me he wasn't strong and focused when his persecutors were beating and whipping him mercilessly? So men should be able to relate to Jesus as much as women or even more as he is a man afterall.

Secondly being religious isn't about falling down in church for the sake of being "in the spirit" anyone can express themselves as they please.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by Cayon(f): 1:52am On Aug 23, 2008
The questions we ask sometimes *****smh****** Lord give him Knowledge
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by lucabrasi(m): 11:25pm On Aug 23, 2008
@poster
its something i v noticed as well,the only reason i can think of is that they are more receptive than men,that is why u ll see that even traditional worship as in the dibias,babalawo s and other types of worship have women at the very heart ,also they are more dedicated to whatever type of religion they practice
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by talica: 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2008
Well since the bible states that women are the weaker sex, and also states when we are weak he is strong, perhaps women pursue God more simply because he is our strength since we're weaker. Men seems to be the 'stronger' sence and our not as willing to look to God for help for anything. This is why a women is more likely to commit to God and rely on him, while a man simply would rather rely on himself and his own strengths.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by idupaul: 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2008
Prophet Mohammed (S A W) said a woman does nt have religion. I think i stand with him on this one.

Women only religion are their emotions, to be a little raw they will worship wateva the dic k the hump worships.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by TheSly: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2008
Are Women More Religious than Men? Why?
U need to take a survey hommie.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by magentam(f): 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2008
idupaul:

Prophet Mohammed (S A W) said a woman does nt have religion. I think i stand with him on this one.

Women only religion are their emotions, to be a little raw they will worship whatever the dic k the hump worships.

Shamless he-goat with a myopic way of reasoning. You think women are cows like you? we have the right to choose our own religion. Mr Anti- women!
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by idupaul: 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2008
magentam:

Shamless he-goat with a myopic way of reasoning. You think women are cows like you? we have the right to choose our own religion. Mr Anti- women!
am not anti women at all and twasnt me who said that. check it na, when u marry u go tell me say i no lie
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by Cayon(f): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2008
Romans 12:3-20. It shows that leadership is a gift given according to 'the measure of faith God has given you' and that all gifts are given by God's grace. "If it is leadership, let him govern diligently"

However, the bible seems to be specific of men leading instead of women - but don't get me wrong, i have no problem with women leading lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by mikail001(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2008
I am alarmed that not even women in this forum are able to give the correct answer to this question. To you all again I present to you a new knowledge in accordance with the Grail message. Women are more psychical than men. In short women bear within them the intutive faculty that makes them stand above man in creation.

The woman has been bestowed upon the most delicate altar by the Almighty. She is spiritually greater than man in creation. Let's take an instance: When ten women and one man are put in a house to pray, there is every tendency that the ten women would have seen a vision before the man does, that is if he even does. But it is unfortunate that here again woman has wantonly reduce herself to a plaything that a man toys with.

So, when women are seen in places of worship as such it then means that she is by nature psychically upright than a man.
Re: Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? by TheSly: 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2008
mikail001:

I am alarmed that not even women in this forum are able to give the correct answer to this question. To you all again I present to you a new knowledge in accordance with the Grail message. Women are more psychical than men. In short women bear within them the intutive faculty that makes them stand above man in creation.

The woman has been bestowed upon the most delicate altar by the Almighty. She is spiritually greater than man in creation. Let's take an instance: When ten women and one man are put in a house to pray, there is every tendency that the ten women would have seen a vision before the man does, that is if he even does. But it is unfortunate that here again woman has wantonly reduce herself to a plaything that a man toys with.

So, when women are seen in places of worship as such it then means that she is by nature psychically upright than a man.
Huh
Where did u get all these?? Not even a concrete proof to support your assumption and u expect us to zip in.
Back in the days, The great prophets were giving women space because they said women have no souls.
If women were this great as u have claimed, At least Jesus would have had one working for him as his disciple. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Dreams Interpretation / There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own / Prophet Chukwuemeka Odumeje Explains His Songs Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.