Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? (7055 Views)

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? / Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by dalaman: 4:21pm On Apr 04, 2012
Why are women more religious than men? I notice that women are generally more religious than men, why is that so?
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:02pm On Apr 04, 2012
Because they are more downtroaded?
dalaman: Why are women more religious than men? I notice that women are generally more religious than men, why is that so?
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by gururguy: 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2012
cos they give birth
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by otokx(m): 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2012
That more women attend church and shout AMEN does not mean they are more religious.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by kokoye(m): 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2012
They are emotional freakazoids :-)

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by kombats: 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2012
because dere nag alot so dey find comfort in talk to God
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Gudme: 5:27pm On Apr 04, 2012
Because dey are hypocrite...sin 2day ask 4 forgiveness 2mrow
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:29pm On Apr 04, 2012
True that.
otokx: That more women attend church and shout AMEN does not mean they are more religious.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 04, 2012
By definition of "religion" (man made acrobatics done in attempt to please God and sometimes man, hit or miss, sometimes unnecessary....sometimes), yes women are more religious.

Their lives, however, may reflect otherwise. Even worse than a straight-up bad girl because an undercover bad girl is much more worse than just a bad girl.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Donjay2(m): 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2012
Women are not the most faithful in the house of God but they are the majority, jesus said, many are called bu t few are choosen.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by gururguy: 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2012
hmmmm
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2012
They are more religious but LESS SPIRITUAL!Na dem fit chop and clean mouth pass grin grin grin.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2012
Ntom: The are more religious but LESS SPIRITUAL!Na dem fit chop and clean mouth pass grin grin grin.

Truth.
Women tend to be more interested in "keeping up appearances", just like make up.
So likewise, for some of them. acting more religious than they care to be spiritual is like a sort of makeup or brazilian weave for some of them. So people can point and say "good girl".

To the sisters who are truly walking the walk in all fronts, I take my hat off to you.
I know there are many of you. don't let these seeming generalizations get you down. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by chuks49(m): 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
The vulnerable tend to seek protection from a supposed protector.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by pelezico: 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2012
Women are somewhat more real than men when it comes to expressing what they are going thru. We men tend to play the "whats up bro everything cool." and the reply is something like "We tan God". Yet things are really a mess but he wont admit it - much like the poster above.

I rest my case.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by gururguy: 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2012
eeeih. here dey rock
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by SIRNIMS(m): 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2012
;
Women are extremely wicked which makes them prone to attack,hence tend to seek for protection from the evil they are known for.
Women are greedy, deceitful,mean, corny,crafty, dangerous...................................
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by buzugee(m): 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2012
where else do they have to showcase their latest outfits and hats ? but in church

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by ZUBY77(m): 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2012
One major reason is that they pray for husbands and children ... More hardly pray for wives.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Koolking(m): 6:13pm On Apr 04, 2012
dalaman: Why are women more religious than men? I notice that women are generally more religious than men, why is that so?

Women are more religious than men, in what sense? What is your definition of 'being religious? What makes you think someone is more religious? Are pretenses part of your definition?
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by buzugee(m): 6:18pm On Apr 04, 2012
Koolking:

Women are more religious than men, in what sense? What is your definition of 'being religious? What makes you think someone is more religious? Are pretenses part of your definition?
pretense is part of religion. without pretense, their is no religion. religion is predicated on pretense. religion and pretense go hand in hand like a horse and carriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by prettyrich(f): 6:19pm On Apr 04, 2012
kombats: because dere nag alot so dey find comfort in talk to God
Is nobody's fault that u married a nagging wife.So stop complaining
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by alowobaba(m): 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2012
cos, prophet (pbuh) said woman will b more than man in hell fire... its in d holy quran ...
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by mangbede: 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2012
Dont b decieved by dos women,they invite u to church activities,pray hard,preach to u, n condem odas bt latr invite their boyfriends to sleep wit dem ova nyt.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Afam4eva(m): 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2012
It's because women are more emotional than men.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2012
They are ostensibly more religious for several reasons. Women love quick solutions to complex and not-so-complex problems, and since they're not particularly fond of thinking, planning or working their way through their (often self-inflicted) woes, they settle for the easier and more 'magical' option of religiosity. They always want the God that answereth by fire to answer to their every self-centred whim.

In addition, they also realise the huge deceptive power of appearing to be religious - especially in a country like Nigeria where they can easily deceive their way into a hapless man's house by pretending to be 'God fearing' and 'prayerful'. They know they can pull the wool over many people's eyes and get away with a multitude of sins without arousing suspicion by simply acting very religious.

There is also the 'social contagion ' aspect of it - which is pretty much the same for religiosity as it is with every other thing pertaining to women: if it is in vogue these days to seem religious, then they would also join the band-wagon. For instance, since all the society ladies and 'happening chicks' now flock to a certain 'trending' pastor for intensive prayer sessions, why would Madam Emi-Nor-wa-nbe be left out?

So there you have it. Women are more religious (in the most superficial sense of the word) for several reasons.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Phranckanny(m): 6:26pm On Apr 04, 2012
OH no! To me women are the most wonderful creature created by the Almighty creator to creat an enabling environment for we men to connect with the creator more easily. They dont pretent at all, they are natural as described by the bible as "weaker vessel".

I dnt ave to say anything bad abt any woman cuz, my mum treated mye nicely, my sisters are a gud example, infact all the women i've ever met in my entire life here on earth made me so proud especially our Naija babes. They are religious nw the question is "wat is wrong abt being religious?"

God bless all the women in the whole wide world, frm my pretty beautiful mum, to the First lady of Nigeria and all the other women around the world. I say make God Bless unu wella. R u b b i s h!!!
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Sike(m): 6:26pm On Apr 04, 2012
buzugee: where else do they have to showcase their latest outfits and hats ? but in church
Gbam!
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Yewe2011(m): 6:26pm On Apr 04, 2012
its more them being superstitious than anything
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2012
kombats: because dere nag alot so dey find comfort in talk to God
Lol.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2012
@OP; ask www.google.com. Sure this helps grin
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Maxymilliano(m): 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2012
Intrinsically, women are more religious but same can't be said of the personality, which most times, is always in contrast with what they claim to believe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Prostrating Or Bowing By Way Of Greeting Come Under The Heading Of Shirk? / Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Ministry's Wife Dies At 57 After A Brief Illness. / The Power Of Candle Burning!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.