Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Diary of my Dog Cooper. - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary of my Dog Cooper. (48982 Views)

Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / Cooper/Eve slant puppies ready for pick up (Pics) / New Owner (Cooper and Vera Slant GSD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
tranxo:
No picture, no flavour. Why have you reduced the frequency of pics?

Quite busy with other things so i spend little time with him but i am through right now so our garden fun will resume,then more pics.

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
This is chicken chest for Coopers dinner. The recipe is boiled chicken chest,K9 can food and Royal canine. The K9 can food will be used to mix the royal canine and then the boiled chicken will be added to it.

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by tranxo(m): 4:53pm On Mar 18, 2015
deeptesting:

Quite busy with other things so i spend little time with him but i am through right now so our garden fun will resume,then more pics.
cool
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
Recipe: Chicken(flesh only no bones), K9 can food and Royal canine.

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
The recipe is mixed & ready to serve..Unfortunately, i was in a hurry to Church so couldn't take pictures when Cooper was eating..So far this is Coopers best meal.

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by jaydude(f): 2:09am On Mar 19, 2015
deeptesting:
This is chicken chest for Coopers dinner. The recipe is boiled chicken chest,K9 can food and Royal canine. The K9 can food will be used to mix the royal canine and then the boiled chicken will be added to it.

Pls make sure you remove the bones from the chicken before given him. The splinter could harm or even kill a dog if it pierces the throat or intestines. I never believed my vet until a few weeks back one of my dogs almost died cos pieces of bones got stuck in her throat, it took more than days to treat her... good work u doing there!
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 5:24am On Mar 19, 2015
jaydude:

Pls make sure you remove the bones from the chicken before given him. The splinter could harm or even kill a dog if it pierces the throat or intestines. I never believed my vet until a few weeks back one of my dogs almost died cos pieces of bones got stuck in her throat, it took more than days to treat her... good work u doing there!

Thank you..I learnt that also very early,Cooper started passing out blood and i called the Vet who told me it was the bones in the chicken...Oooops! i did apologize to Cooper for trying to terminate his life,now i pick out the flesh only... Thank you for that great information.

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by Whalewale(m): 9:12am On Mar 19, 2015
deeptesting:

Thank you..I learnt that also very early,Cooper started passing out blood and i called the Vet who told me it was the bones in the chicken...Oooops! i did apologize to Cooper for trying to terminate his life,now i pick out the flesh only... Thank you for that great information.

I thought Dogs loved bones

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by XBLadez: 9:54am On Mar 19, 2015
Whalewale:

Cooper is still a pup!
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2015
Whalewale:

Yes they do but ADULT dogs and not Puppies.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2015
Our morning garden fun 19/03/2015.
Cooper won't stop chasing water,sometimes i just let the water splash on his face and he will run away from the scene only to come back hunting.

3 Likes

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by lacicrips(m): 1:02am On Mar 20, 2015
deeptesting:
The recipe is mixed & ready to serve..Unfortunately, i was in a hurry to Church so couldn't take pictures when Cooper was eating..So far this is Coopers best meal.
How many times do you feed him in a day?
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by stonecoldcafe: 1:38am On Mar 20, 2015
He is getting bigger by the day
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 6:02am On Mar 20, 2015
lacicrips:

How many times do you feed him in a day?

Cooper is not a heavy eater who can finish a big bowl at a go,he takes his time to eat so i feed him at least 3 times a day now at 3 months but when he was brought in he had food by his side all the time because he was finding it difficult to adapt. Now he eats 3 times a day. I also noticed that Cooper will not eat in the morning except you engage him in exercise,he is a working dog who believes he must work for his food. So first thing in the morning is to exercise him and when he is tired i serve him food, same thing applies in the evening.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 6:04am On Mar 20, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
He is getting bigger by the day

Sure.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by XBLadez: 6:21am On Mar 20, 2015
Does Cooper have a license and a birth certificate? My neighbour's dog has them. According to him, they're necessary. In the certificate, the picture of the dog, name and name of its parents are noted
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by Prodeegee(m): 7:45am On Mar 20, 2015
Nice work. Don't leave out thebones,feed chicken raw instead of cooked. Cooked bones are stronger. Don't overfeed too...fat isn't too good for him
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by Bolade005: 9:22am On Mar 20, 2015
Bro, I know you imported cooper and I would like to know how much it cost you and how you went about it. Or If you know where I can get a 100% pure slant back GSD like cooper in Nigeria, i'd be more than glad. Cooper is a good dog.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by Seun(m): 10:52am On Mar 20, 2015
Considering what happened the last time, please introduce the bones gradually:
Give him 1 small bone. Check his next 2 poops and if there are no issues, give him a bigger one tomorrow. Then you keep adding more.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by XBLadez: 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
Seun:
Give him 1 small bone. Check his next 2 poops and if there are no issues, give him a bigger one tomorrow. Then you keep adding more.
Why is this bone thing so important? Is it not better avoided, or does it help improve a dog's health in any way?

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
XBLadez:
Does Cooper have a license and a birth certificate? My neighbour's dog has them. According to him, they're necessary. In the certificate, the picture of the dog, name and name of its parents are noted

Cooper has a certificate, the name of the breeder,the parents name,which you can Google and get all the details including the tattoo on his ear were all spelt out on the certificate,then the vaccination card is so unique with details of vaccination.

I spent some cool cash getting Cooper down and did my research.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
Seun:

My Vet did advice that i leave out the bones until Cooper is at least 6months. Like you mentioned the last attempt was suicidal.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
The Caucasian loves indomie,chicken with bones mixed with K9 crunches.I usually add the K9 crunches to make his poo hard..So i tried the recipe for Cooper, indomie,chicken flesh & royal canine..Cooper had a nice meal.

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
XBLadez:

Why is this bone thing so important? Is it not better avoided, or does it help improve a dog's health in any way?
Bones are rich in calcium to develop their bones and also i read somewhere that chewing bones also helps to keep their teeths/mouth clean.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
Bolade005:
Bro, I know you imported cooper and I would like to know how much it cost you and how you went about it. Or If you know where I can get a 100% pure slant back GSD like cooper in Nigeria, i'd be more than glad. Cooper is a good dog.

I don't know where u can get it in Nigeria ooo but i know people have it here, i will confirm from my Vet. I imported Cooper through my Vet contact,i will speak with him and if they permit me i will post his contact details here other wise i may have to send it to you in Private.

I will be glad to see people getting good dogs,i am importing a sister & wife for Cooper based on my daughters suggestion that Cooper should have a companion...It make likely enter the country on Sunday 22nd March.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by Bolade005: 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
deeptesting:

I don't know where u can get it in Nigeria ooo but i know people have it here, i will confirm from my Vet. I imported Cooper through my Vet contact,i will speak with him and if they permit me i will post his contact details here other wise i may have to send it to you in Private.

I will be glad to see people getting good dogs,i am importing a sister & wife for Cooper based on my daughters suggestion that Cooper should have a companion...It make likely enter the country on Sunday 22nd March.
Thanks bro. Cooper makes me want one badly. I've always loved dogs though, I think it's time I got one for myself.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by lacicrips(m): 9:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
deeptesting:
The Caucasian loves indomie,chicken with bones mixed with K9 crunches.I usually add the K9 crunches to make his poo hard..So i tried the recipe for Cooper, indomie,chicken flesh & royal canine..Cooper had a nice meal.
Cooper is really a slow eater like you said. My 4 month old is exactly the opposite with food. I dont know what goes on in his mind, maybe he thinks he will never get another one.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 10:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
lacicrips:

Cooper is really a slow eater like you said. My 4 month old is exactly the opposite with food. I dont know what goes on in his mind, maybe he thinks he will never get another one.
lol... Dogs like humans are all unique.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 7:32am On Mar 21, 2015
My usual Saturday morning training,Cooper went loose when i brought the ball out and went on chasing trip,we played together & it was fun. Next i have to set up a goal post so we know the actual winner for d day.

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by braindamage(m): 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
deeptesting:

My Vet did advice that i leave out the bones until Cooper is at least 6months. Like you mentioned the last attempt was suicidal.
...I wanted to advice on the same thing. My vet even advised that bones should be kept away till his 1st birthday, we fed on: strictly pup fed, sardines, fish and soft chicken for 12months. A pup is just too expensive and time consuming. I respect your effort #GreatJob.

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by deeptesting(m): 12:30am On Mar 22, 2015
braindamage:
...I wanted to advice on the same thing. My vet even advised that bones should be kept away till his 1st birthday, we fed on: strictly pup fed, sardines, fish and soft chicken for 12months. A pup is just too expensive and time consuming. I respect your effort #GreatJob.

You are right but you know like we humans we love kids when they are young,the exhibit different characters that from a side view makes you happy and smile,same applies to dogs.. You have to see Cooper playing and chasing his skills at that young age will amaze you.. Once they get to 6-7 months the stress will reduce.
Re: Diary of my Dog Cooper. by XBLadez: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2015
deeptesting:
Bones are rich in calcium to develop their bones and also i read somewhere that chewing bones also helps to keep their teeths/mouth clean.
Can I suggest u start with biscuit bone instead? Then you can feed him with real bones when he's old enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

See This Little Tortoise I Saw At Our Backyard / Man Hangs Snake On His Shoulder In Cotonou / Lady Flaunts Her Pet's Passport "Stop Leaving Your Pets, They Wanna Travel Too"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.