Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention (41951 Views)

4 Sure Fire Ways To Get Rid Of Mouth Odour / Common Toilet Disease : Symptoms And Prevention / Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
Suzyky4u:

Charcoal isn't for mouth odour. It's for teeth whiteness.

wow!***** Really n how effective is it?
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by 2cato: 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Isotonic my sweetheart
folabayo1:
Thanks op God bless u..A Good friend of mine need to see this.
Truthisit:

Please what advice did you give your friend? I need it,maybe it will work for me.
1. A person having cater with blocked nose will have mouth ordour.
2. A person suffering from typoid fever
3. A person having constipation/bloating of the stomach.
4. Failure to visit toilet at least once in two days.
5. Always consuming beans /egg with out visiting the toilet at least once a day.
6. Certain bacteria in our lungs, stomach and throat that can be only be killed by heavy doses of antibiotics. E.g amoxil
7. Thank me later and give me a hug and a kiss.

3 Likes

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
An2elect2:

It damages the enamel, so i heard. Dunno how true.

Ok.....thanks anyway
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by kizzykeziah: 10:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
It takes a really good person to make another aware they've got mouth odour. Others just avoid speaking to whosoever it is. I know this because I also avoided speaking to a classmate because of her mouth odour. Not nice of me embarassed

Nice awareness, OP.
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by AHA1(m): 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
CRYPTS IN THE TONSILS CAN ALSO CAUSE BAD BREATH
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by obowunmi(m): 10:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
Mouth odour also comes from having tonsil stones in your throat.

Use Peroxide Or Carbonated Water To Clean YOUR throat.
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by LaPink: 10:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
Mouth wash helps a lot. And should b part of our hygiene.
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by caselessogbuagu: 10:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
isotonic:
Im not an "oga" hence the "f" next to my moniker

who says a woman cant be a boss(oga madam)?
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by ohans4u(m): 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
hmmmm good post for everyone. its so useful in prevention n curing of mouth offensive odour
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Blazinraj01(f): 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
People with weak breathing do experience mouth odour.

1 Like

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Niyi74(m): 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Activities of some bacteria around the stomach and indigestible remnant with worm infection in intestinal folds can lead to bad mouth odour, I can help anyone struggling with this.

How can one fight this please?
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by LaPink: 10:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
simplemach:
Which one be how to detect mouth odour again, The thing dey hide ne?

Sum pple who have it don't know dey have it. And even if u tell dem, dey'll be Arguing with you.
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by MrMandilas: 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
naijainfogalery:
How to know if you have mouth odour
1. You never lose an argument especially the ones that its obvious you are talking trash
2. When ever you carry a baby they always cry
3. When ever you talk to people, they almost wanna start crying
4. When you offer to come explain things to people they be like No Noo Noooo its ok i can hear you from there
5. You've never passed an oral interview
6. Your friends always offer you bubble gum
7. someone has given you toothpaste as a gift

How to Prevent it
1. Mostly mouth odour is usually caused as a result of over sedimentation of food particles in your mouth, So brush twice a day and floss regularly, Look for the hidden spots, holes in your teeth, then floss it out with a dental floss.
2. Do a teeth scaling/polishing twice a year that is visit your dentist twice a year
3. make sure you floss immediately after eating
4. Have mint chewing gum handy

Hahahahahaha! LWKMD . You have killed me my ribs are paining me seriously.
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
I hope those APC touts in the politics section are reading
I can perceive their mouth odors in their posts

1 Like

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by absoluteSuccess: 10:51pm On Feb 17, 2015
Niyi74:

How can one fight this please?
All you need are probiotic~rich nutrients such as oligosaccharides, then deworm yourself, avoid eating heavy meal at late night and increase fruit (and water intake first thing) in the morning. Don't eat cooked food till noon. Call 08097174000.
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Niyi74(m): 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
All you need are probiotic~rich nutrients such as oligosaccharides, then deworm yourself, avoid eating heavy meal at late night and increase fruit (and water intake first thing) in the morning. Don't eat cooked food till noon. Call 08097174000.

Ok. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by kay29000(m): 11:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
Blazinraj01:
People with weak breathing do experience mouth odour.

Your beliefs do make you a better person because they determine how u behave. (refering to the pic in ur profile).
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
babyosisi:
learn to stop behaving like a 4 year old brat and start acting like the married woman with kids that you are! Must you politicise everything? undecided

Abi them dey pay you salary for this nonsense wey you dey do?
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by kay29000(m): 11:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
babyosisi:

Haha! Dry joke.

1 Like

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Blazinraj01(f): 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
kay29000:

Your beliefs do make you a better person because they determine how u behave. (refering to the pic in ur profile).
Hmmm. Thanks. That's some thought

1 Like

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by kay29000(m): 11:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
Blazinraj01:
Hmmm. Thanks. That's some thought

You are welcome.
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
jossi994:
learn to stop behaving like a 4 year old brat and start acting like the married woman with kids that you are! Must you politicise everything? undecided

Abi them dey pay you salary for this nonsense wey you dey do?

Ouch! that hurt.
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Spiritman21(m): 11:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
#BRUSH 5TIMES A DAY & YOUR MOUTH MAY STILL SMELL#

This is a nice piece though. I want you to know that when you talk about “mouth odour“ you don‘t necessarily limit the causes to the mouth or by not brushing well.You have to consider other factors! Brush 5times daily and your mouth may still smell as bad as you never brushed!

So what‘s the problem? It‘s no longer a smell caused by not brushing well but by some other factors!

What are the likely causes?

1. Hole in the tooth (see a dentist for quick removal)

2. Wound in the gum (probably through accident)

3. Foods. You are what you eat! You don‘t just go around eating junks and anything. What you eat goes along way in affecting you. Imagine someone who eats garlic a lot! Garlic is a good food though. Your body system reacts to what you eat so take time to study the foods that will not affect you. Some foods take time to digest & if those (rotten,waiting to passed out) foods remain in your guts they are likely to be absorbed into your system or the fumes diffuse their way up to the throat & that may smell bad.

4. Internal diseases can also be another cause. If you have some liver,kideny or any other related problems you are also at risk. It is what you have inside that you will emit. If the inside is damaged,sure, anything coming out will be smelly. So if you are not a victim of the first three points then go for a medical check up!

This is my little understanding i can share at the moment.

5 Likes

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
phoinix:

Ouch! that hurt.
it's very irritating. I don't think i can bear it no more. Abi na craze? angry
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by orbis(m): 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
That awkward moment when your friend with mouth odor tries to whisper something to you...and you say eh...I didn't hear that....and then he tries to repeat the same stuff with his stinking mouth ....chaiiii
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by LaPink: 11:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
Very informative thread. Thumbs up @Op!
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by olatos4jesus: 11:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by MrOlai: 11:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
^
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by danibef: 11:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
Martins301:

Like trying to disloge something stuck in your throat. Scratching the throat can help to dislodge those smelly substances stuck there.

lol....how exactly do you scratch your throat? Abeg help us understand this one
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by lazsnaira(m): 12:23am On Feb 18, 2015
Thanks Op! Such Educational Posts as this would go a long way in ridding NL of touts, as they always have nothing to contribute and nobody to abuse!
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by jaykaylegend(m): 12:46am On Feb 18, 2015
Abeg what is flossing??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Euthanize My Dad? / My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help / COVID-19: NCDC Reports Five New Cases, Total Now 214

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.