Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,486 members, 7,850,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

what do u suggest? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / what do u suggest? (2089 Views)

Expensive Places Broke And Hungry Ladies Suggest For Date / What Do U Suggest: ? / How do u know If u/ur girl is really in love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: what do u suggest? by savanaha: 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2008
Uche2nna:

So ur advise would depend on how gorgeous he is?  undecided  Ur advise is already skewed if that is the cas.

Yes my advice would depend on how he looks. Hopefully he is as gorgeous as she says whenever she decides to put the picture up.
Re: what do u suggest? by netotse(m): 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2008
@poster
*gazing into my crystal ball* i see. . .i see. . .this thing not going anywhere, better reconcile yourself to that fact nd continue enjoying wot it is that u enjoy abt being with him. . .224 abi? in nigeria abi? its just puppy love thats doing him its far too obvious(bin involved with a couple of older women in my time to) by naija standards 24 is too young to marry. . .now imagine if he married an older woman at 24?they would tear the two of u guys to pieces. . .enjoy the moment while it lasts. . .u're older and technically more mature so u shld be able to jst smile when he says all dat(u kno how u're parents used to smile when as a kid u'll say mommy dont worry i'll buy u a house. . .that indulgent kinda smile). . .my two cents sha
Re: what do u suggest? by iice(f): 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2008
*Toyinrayo:

are you Pisces? You have to be, you're reading my mind grin grin grin

Yes i am grin

@Tatase, mostly i agree with you.
But it does happen.  I know quite a few people married and heading down the aisle with that age gap.
The couple sort of balance themselves out, she older but young soul, he younger but old soul. And yes, they did more than just love each other, the hammered out the other details, having children, their livelihood, their respective families etc.

I probably hang around weird people undecided
Re: what do u suggest? by JJYOU: 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2008
NL @ what it does best. well done girls  but please leave this bobo alone. 24 is too young. if you feel unsettled about it now you are probably right. if you feel you must date him dont rush into marraige plss
Re: what do u suggest? by dreeldee: 11:54pm On Dec 29, 2008
6 years shocked shocked Well for me that's too much difference especially when i think of the fact that when i'm 40, you would be having the look of my grandma cheesy
I'd advise you not to do it, the "age is just a number" thing takes a lot more than just the way people use it, in the real thing you have to be ready for the extra challenges smiley
Re: what do u suggest? by SeaGoddes(f): 12:26am On Dec 30, 2008
tope2000:

I think the OP main worry is the 'meeting the parent part' cheesy
Lets face i don't think i would be happy either if my son brings home someone that is 6yrs old than him home as wife undecided

i agree i wouldnt like/allow it either cox then it would feel like she is the one marrying him and not the opposite
Re: what do u suggest? by chyk91(m): 12:34am On Dec 30, 2008
hmmm, its hard, but u av 2 make d final decision. so choose wisely, i cant say anytin cos it depends on u.
Re: what do u suggest? by okpunor(m): 7:37am On Dec 30, 2008
Sexytov,if you feel insecure towards his proposal,make your fears known to him.Sometime ago I attended a conference in Jos organised by Nigerian Christain Corpers Fellowship,and one of the preachers sighted an example that is similar to yours.So what matters most is compatibility,do you have thesame love language?Aboveall, you must respect him and show your loyalty to him at all time,not regarding the age difference.If he's matured enough to suit your taste and your needs,as he's oblige to do.Because about 90% of what will keep a would be "successful marriage "is money and not LOVE! and him being able to meet your financial obligation.Forget the fears of what people will say,remember it's your life!And your happiness is paramount.Furthermore, you can also consult your Pastor and seek counsel from the elderly and wise ones.
Re: what do u suggest? by sweetthug: 8:12am On Dec 30, 2008
How about this poster just shagg that small dude so he grows up? The F u getting fidgeted?.
Re: what do u suggest? by ogazi007(m): 10:18am On Dec 30, 2008
At 24 its obvious he is still prone to peer pressure and might want to experiment his sexual competence with an older and experience woman.
its very rare to see such age gaps(6years older than a guy) getting married in nigeria,except is by sheer coincidence or sugar mummy's relationship.
get intimate with him and watch him for some months,if he doesnot change,i guess you can go ahead and take the relationship to the next level.
Re: what do u suggest? by sexytov: 11:22am On Dec 30, 2008
thanks everyone for the advices and contributions,  I am also surprised he was thinking about geting hitched. I have made my fears known to him about our age difference and he said, his happiness is what matters most and its rare to find a wife material like me smiley, with all sense of modesty , i know i will be a very good wife to any wise guy that takes note smiley and he did see it in me.
But what of peer pressure? I asked him, he claims he has his own mind that none of his friends can coerce him to think otherwise.
Then i asked what about your mum and dad? He also claims they can't run his life for him undecided,  His younger sister likes me and she's his accomplice in all these.
  I intend to tell him to hold on, let wait and see,  Then i guess i will talk to my Pastor about it sad,
Re: what do u suggest? by meexteriox(m): 11:33am On Dec 30, 2008
Online dating and relationship is quite tasking.
My only candid advice: don't lead him on unnecessarily, so you don't hurt him or yourself at the end of the day.
Re: what do u suggest? by Exstar(f): 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2008
Uhmm! what a wonderful topic this is, i must say a very big ''Kudos''
to my fellow NLanders for such a applaudable responses.

My Take is this: @ Post, i think the guy is too young for you,
f you were just a year or two older it would have been a different
story altogether. Just think very well about it though and follow your
heart but use your head as well.

Good Luck!!!
Re: what do u suggest? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2008
sexytov:

thanks everyone for the advices and contributions, I am also surprised he was thinking about geting hitched. I have made my fears known to him about our age difference and he said, his happiness is what matters most and its rare to find a wife material like me smiley, with all sense of modesty , i know i will be a very good wife to any wise guy that takes note smiley and he did see it in me.
But what of peer pressure? I asked him, he claims he has his own mind that none of his friends can coerce him to think otherwise.
Then i asked what about your mum and dad? He also claims they can't run his life for him undecided, His younger sister likes me and she's his accomplice in all these.
I intend to tell him to hold on, let wait and see, Then i guess i will talk to my Pastor about it sad,
you see this right here? thats what i hate about these church going naija girls.
why do you need to take ur matter to pastor? why not take it to God?
Re: what do u suggest? by JJYOU: 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2008
OMO IBO:

you see this right here? thats what i hate about these church going naija girls.
why do you need to take ur matter to pastor? why not take it to God?
chill boy. not everyone has your level of confidence in hearing God. little samuel didnt know Gods voice one time. we dont all have that level of relationship. at least she is going to church and not some mullah or bablawo.

kudos to you my sister. some peeps would have had the boy for breakfast with no question aske. who no like better thing.
Re: what do u suggest? by steve49ja(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2008
I missed the part where you guys got real intimate,
Did you guys have Vitamin X?
Do you just want him for booty call?
Do you have someone else you're dating? i mean you're thirty and 6 years is alot of gap, your kids would ask alota qxtns and their friends will make fun of them.
Re: what do u suggest? by JJYOU: 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2008
steve49ja:

I missed the part where you guys got real intimate,
Did you guys have Vitamin X?
Do you just want him for booty call?
Do you have someone else you're dating? i mean you're thirty and 6 years is alot of gap, your kids would ask alota qxtns and their friends will make fun of them.
why? most kids are used to old papa and young mama in naija.
Re: what do u suggest? by steve49ja(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2008
and not young papa old mama cool
this relationship is likely not to stay strong for long cos soon she'll get too old when he's still got alota energy
Re: what do u suggest? by HOLLASLYD(m): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2008
Yeah man 6 years gap is way too much @po do yourself a favour and forget about marrying this guy. He probably have'nt fell in love before.but you can date.
Re: what do u suggest? by savanaha: 5:37pm On Dec 30, 2008
steve49ja:

and not young papa old mama cool
this relationship is likely not to stay strong for long because soon she'll get too old when he's still got alota energy

Hey Dr. Phil just let you know women's sexual peak is in their 30s mens are around 18 and o.k say 20s so when men have peaked women are just getting started.
Re: what do u suggest? by JJYOU: 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2008
for all that you know they could make it if they truly love one another and work at it. good marraige is hard work.
my pa/ma inlaw were given 2yrs max because they had 20yrs apart. they just done 37yrs last october with 7 kids. you never know if they are willing to pay the price they may make it. they only have to work it out now and buy the one way ticket of no return
Re: what do u suggest? by Pennywise(m): 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2008
I have dated a few older gurls myself and yes they can have that effect on you.But a 24yr old crying to marry you 30yr old? I beg the story is not complete or there is a certain angle to it.Keep your eyes open to know what it is. And when you find it out, if its ok by you, go ahead.
Re: what do u suggest? by LordReed(m): 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2008
Question: Have u guys made luv yet?

1 Like

Re: what do u suggest? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2008
well to me i think u guys are into banana love.
ur imagination is not obtainable in our culture
unless you guys have to relocate to western world where
such banana love is obtainable.
but if u guys have strong chemistry for each other
just make out time and burn it up. enjoy the sex while it last.
Re: what do u suggest? by fireangels(f): 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2008
dis ur tori be as e get

only u can make a decision concerning ur life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Girls Give Their Number To Keep Their Phones Busy? / For Matured Men Only! / OMG, Has She Just Been Duped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.