Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,293 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again (679 Views)

40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women / Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In Bed That Irritate Women / Relationship Mistakes You Must Avoid In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again by Zulash: 10:20pm On Feb 03, 2015

We dudes aren't perfect, we should quash a few relationship mistakes ourselves.

Last week the editrixes at YourTango compiled a list of relationship mistakes that women should stop making. The list was solid but a bit heavy on the progesterone. In the name of making this space the Hannity And Colmes of YourTango (i.e. totally impartial and fair), I've compiled a list of stuff us dudes should probably quit doing in the name of healthy love and relationships:

1. Getting philosophical during "cuddle time." Easy Nietzsche, enjoy the silence. Wait til later to tell her why Washington is holding back the electric car.

2. Watching TV, reading, surfing the interweb and/or listening to music during an important conversation. Trust me, being able to recite the highlights (and a detail or two) of what she just said can go a long way. It's going to be tough if you have to ask yourself if she said it or if Al Michaels did.

3. Leaving your shirt on during sex. Yes, I took this from Chelsea Lately but it's brilliant: There is nothing stranger than a man wearing nothing but a shirt, unless that man is also wearing sneakers and a hat.

4. Claiming not to have a girlfriend. Do you spend money on her? Has she met your friends? Have you had sober sex on several occasions? Do you spend the night? Do you eat meals together at restaurants? Are you doing the same stuff with anyone else? Yeah, she's probably your girlfriend, guy.

5. Not understanding the value of cut flowers. I know that paying money for something that is going to be all wilty in like three days seems crazy. Sometimes rooms need a little brightening. Just go with it, OK?

6. Saying "You had me at 'hello''' or "You complete me" with anything that approaches sincerity. Nevermind. If you want to quote Jerry Maguire, don't let anyone stop you.

7. Showing improper levels of jealousy. Some jealousy is good, natural and a bit flattering. Driving four hours to punch Jim Halpert in the neck is cause for concern.

8. Insisting on a level of grooming that you are in no way prepared to reciprocate. I'm with you, I'm not waxing my junk. That's final.

9. Solving every problem. Dude, sometimes we're supposed to just listen and empathize. Even if a solution is slapping you in the face like Rick James in the China Club, just listen. Maybe give advice if the same issue constantly comes up. Maybe.

10. Not taking the bait from an obvious attempt to fish a compliment. Compliment fishing, like fishing where people are swimming, is pretty annoying, but sometimes everyone needs a few kind words.

11. Taking numbers that you don't plan on calling. Honestly, is getting a whole mess of numbers still cool? Was it ever?

12. Taking your teams too seriously. Don't take your hatred for the Gators out on anyone else, OK? On a totally separate note, I'm not to be disturbed for four hours after any Clemson football loss.

Read more at: http://9jaexclusive.net/13-major-relationship-mistakes-men-make/
Re: 13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again by RotrEmmanuel: 10:22pm On Feb 03, 2015
I'm not married yet!! dats not my biz.

meanwhile, lets vote for GEJ.
cool
Re: 13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again by Wuuworld(m): 10:22pm On Feb 03, 2015
No time to count mistakes, Naija is on fire now
Re: 13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again by Enegod(m): 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
13. Blinded by the booty... The hotter the
woman the easier we fall.....stop placing
so much into beauty, and body and look at more compatible qualities... And you
might find your soul mate undecided
Re: 13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
nice one.
it's good to know someone is thinking straight
Re: 13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
I don't know what to say, so don't let me comment now......

Did i just comment
Re: 13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2015
With the level of relationship dos and don'ts on NL these days, soon guys will start suffering from constipation.
Re: 13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
I didn't even read it, please what's d thread all about
Re: 13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again by Tymax(m): 10:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
This is pure laziness. Man, you couldn't even tailor it to our clime. Copy and paste.

Rubbish.

(1) (Reply)

Want To Put An End To Your self-service And Womanizing. Get Enlightened. / OMG!! This Man Bites Off Son's Ear For Defending Wife(photo) / 11 Silly Ways To Break Up With That Silly Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.