Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion (28129 Views)

N19bn Paris Club Scam: EFCC Report Indicts Saraki, Aides, Ex-bank MD / Arms Scandal : Panel Submits Final Report , Indicts Top FG Officials / Rot In NNPC: Corporation Failed To Remit N2.5trn In 10 Years —report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by knowme(m): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
ayukdaboss:

When Sanusi alleged that $20 billion dollars was missing, Madam NOI refuted his claims and stated that the money missing was not $20 billion dollars but $10.86 billion dollars.

What every sensible Nigerian should've been checking out from this report is a breakdown and cue as to how the money ($10.86billion as confirmed by Madam NOI) was spent/got missing but alas we're being told that the cash missing is less than $2billion shocked.

What's is even more pathetic is the fact that you're castigating APC instead of this fraudulent government without any sense of reasoning.

They are so blind they would not see anything, its unfortunate and annoying is the $1.48 billion not enough for an indictment ? and come to think of it this report was supposed to be ready since September what kept it till now ? I will not be surprised if there was any kind of manipulation we have to just open our eyes, #IHAVEDECIDED anyway.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Uncletony(m): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ttalk:
NNPC is indicted, Oya, Madam Deziani come and explain the whereabout of the money

She is d petroluem minister & not one of the directors of NNPC!::: u slowpoke!!

3 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by watered(m): 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
gen2briz:

If truly you preaches the change that i rep, you have to preach it without insult.
Irepchange
SAI BUHARI

GMB till Jona know that stealing is corruption.

Peace out.
There was no insult in my writings.

I rep change
#IHaveDecided
GMB_2015
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by durow: 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
My people, when will you know the difference between NNPC and Ministry of petroleum affairs? Dizeani is not in charge of NNPC o! They only report to her.
Some of you discrediting PWC don't know about auditing in Nigeria.
sulley:
Compromised report...

2 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by ceejayluv(m): 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Oya, Fashola and other governors... Sign the FOI into law in your states sharply....

2 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by orinocopulse: 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ttalk:
The forensic audit conducted by the audit firm of PriceWaterHouseCoopers on behalf of the Federal Government on the operations of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation [NNPC] has indicted the management of the national oil company for various questionable transactions.

Part of the recommendations include that the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company, NPDC, the upstream subsidy of the NNPC should refund about $1.48billion to the Federation Account for various unreconciled transactions.

More details of report to come.

Wait, are you guys kidding? You think it's ONLY $1.5 billion? Please see highlighted.

NPDC is the upstream arm. They are not the ones in charge of SUBSIDY where the main fraud occurs. The DOWNSTREAM end is where the main fraud is and the report clearly states that PART OF THE RECOMMENDATIONS. . .

So from what I have read, this is not all. Please read and comprehend guys.

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by 100Cents: 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ttalk:
NNPC is indicted, Oya, Madam Deziani come and explain the whereabout of the money

Is she the GMD of NNPC ?

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by gen2briz(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
watered:
There was no insult in my writings.

I rep change
#IHaveDecided
GMB_2015

OK then.
Change is possible, we can make it happen.
SAI BABA
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by OLADD: 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ttalk:

You mean Nigerian should start dancing Shoki because the Audit firm said $1.5B and not $20b as reported by the erstwhile CBN governor, shame on you and your likes who does not see anything in the monumental corruption that is going on in this country.

Do you know the number of borehole that $1.5b can build? while many nigerians are dying in million of water-borne diseases

What would have happened if such misappropriation was discovered in China?

If $1.48b has been stolen in one agency of government within a period of 4years, what tells you that other agency under government would not have embezzled billions of dollar?

How can the youth this generation be so inhumane?

You better change your way before the wrath of God come upon you and those you support

Do you have the details of the report that says that money was stolen? Why not wait for the full report before you pass judgement.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Uncletony(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
scribble:
Where the remaining $19 billion?

Rabble rousers

It is in ur father's shrine!..slowpoke!
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Seunboss(m): 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
Come on, nairalanders, do not be deceived. Let us analyze this. Sanusi said 20billion dollz was missing. The minister of finance who should know said the missing amount was just over 10billion. She gave the govt a soft landing on the issue. All along, we have been callin for auditing. It did not come until now that the election is around the corner and it reports a much lesser amount missing than d minister of finance acknowledged was missing. This is also a soft landing and merely an attempt for dis govt to show credibility. Ask yourself this. Can a corrupt govt such as the one we have buy over the auditing company? Can they limit the access to documents? Y then did d president shield Diezani from EFCC and senate interrogation( he defended her on air). I am not fooled by this. They should have made the auditing a matter of emergency and not give d NNPC enof tym to cover its tracks lyk they did for d minister of aviation. Open ur eyes pple, they av told u wat they want u 2 hear. Wat do u b-liv?
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by ApexTitan(m): 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
sulley:
Compromised report...

This indirectly means that PWC is a compromised auditor. You better have strong evidence to back up such an audacious claim.

2 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
Now I get......
The missing $20Billion is CORRUPTION.
but, just $1.48Billion was stolen!
What a country

3 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by OLADD: 3:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mosesm:

You and your type are the pigs, vultures, leaches etc holding this country down. AU reported[b] trillion[/b] of naira laundered from Africa through Nigeria, is AU now telling lies? Or is it through me? is it not under Jonothin watch? What am I even saying, the amount were merely stolen and not corruptly earned.

This report allegedly asked that just an arm of NNPC returned more than $1 billion dollars, and you are talking thrash about $20b! Are you thinking with your behind? Sanusi never said $49b was embezzled but that were not properly accounted! as requested by our law. In China, not accounting for N20, 000 will send you to lengthy jail term! In a saner clime, Jonothin is long impeached for spending money without appropriation, money that runs into TRILLION of naira e.g kerosene subsidy

Zombie, Mr. Follow-follow, what's the difference between allegations of monies unaccounted for and outright stealing? Why was APC always emphasising on the so-called "stolen $20b"?

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
babestella:
I said it. That sanusi blew a cynical whilstle orchestrated by some unseen elements in the north just to discredit GEJs administration targeting his reelection. We can all see now that from 50billion to 20 billion and now the forensic report says 1.48 billion dollars. All these are planned to give the opposition a launching pad in attacking the government. Now it is clear who is deceiving who. APC promoting propaganda since 1914.

There is no sector in Nigeria that is free from misappropriation of funds even in Lagos state government and I challenge the LAGOS state government to sign into law a freedom of Information bill as the FG did and let's see if we will not discover massive fraud and stealing going on in Alausa. LAGOS state government have meticulously covered their fraud by ensuring they hand pick their successors but one day a new party will take over and expose them all.
ISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE angry angry angry angry cool

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Change2015(m): 3:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
neocortex:
Behold , the most transparent government in the history of Nigeria.
Now that the real money that was missing had been clarified, NNPC will be made to refund such money.
I hope the state governors who claim to be saints adopt the FOI bill.
GEJ:PROGRESS

Because PwC used the FOI law to uncover this abi? Or it was the Jonathan "technology"? Mtcheeeeeew

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Uncletony(m): 3:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
watered:
This country indeed now I believe that the pen is mightier than the RPG. Na biro dem carry sign out all dis billions o.

Hassan, Adamu, Habib, Ibro oya make we go back go finish our Ph.D programme cos road go soon open and we go do our own.

Vote Cluelessness out
I have decided GMB_2015

Indeed! U will use ur pen to siphone money from ur NNCC...northern. national cattle corperation abi?!...
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by olatunji390(m): 3:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
gen2briz:
Common $1.48billion

u called $1.48billion common? I pray u become rich and have ur own business. then one of ur worker steal that amount. u go know say no be common, nah heart attack.

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Ttalk: 3:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
Uncletony:

She is d petroluem minister & not one of the directors of NNPC!::: u slowpoke!!

You are a d.u.llard, if you dont know how government works stop blabbing.

The bulk stops on her table, NDPC is a subsidiary of NNPC and NNPC is an agency in the Ministry of Petroleum

Why am i even educating you, you can get better information on the Proposed PIB to see the role played by the Petroleum Minister
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by OLADD: 3:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
jaybee3:

Dumbo, do you even know if the 1.5b figure was just for a single fiscal year?
Even if it's just 1.5B, shouldn't you be calling for heads to start rolling or you aren't concerned about the monumental embezzlement of our common wealth?

"Our Commonwealth"... yenyenyenyenyen, how much has your family contributed to the national purse? Common, go and sit down!
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by petrelli07: 3:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
The big question I'll love to ask is this; were these figures given by PWC or was it given to us by the "ministry of Truth"? I believe PWC should be given the opportunity to release a summary of their audit. I don't trust this administration....

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by gen2briz(m): 3:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
olatunji390:

u called $1.48billion common? I pray u become rich and have ur own business. then one of ur worker steal that amount. u go know say no be common, nah heart attack.

Na for jona voice I talk am ooo
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
Flets:
God bless GEJ for the freedom of information bill. All loopholes are being exposed for what they are. Its no more a case of quoting $50bn, $48bn, $20bn, $12bn, 30 trillion etc for political reasons.

PWC is as reputable as it gets. Its time for NNPC to refund the money and restructure the NNPC. This is how a democracy works.... use the instruments at your disposal to cleanse the systems

Its time for the state govts to reciprocate the signing of the FOI bill at the state levels. Nigerians have continued to quizz the FG while letting the state governors loot their life away.

Fashola and Amaechi should sign the FOI bill before they leave office

What is this one saying? Do you expect the NNPC to reform itself? undecided

Anyway now is the time to put pressure on the NASS to pass PIB BEFORE the end of this current cycle. We must reform the oil sector.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by uyplus(m): 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
$49 billion, $20 billion, $10.8 billon (from NNPC), N1.7 trillion (Illegal Subsidy payments), N21 billion (illegal donation), N10 billion (Allison's illegal flights), $49 billion per yr, N4bn presidential feeding, N2bn budgeted to build VP residence, $30bn spent on power, yet the country of over 170m Nigerians is still managing less than 3000MW of electricity, N10bn presidential air fleet maintanance, $470m scam cctv for FCT, N30tn from Soludo's recent discovery, $15m South Africa arm procurement scam deal plus the $5.7m, yet the names of the Nigerians involved where not mentioned but the Israeli's name was mentioned, $13m patience jonathan money laundering case, overbudgeted N117bn for 2nd Niger bridge as against a replica constructed for N29bn by the Lagos state government, N968bn security budget, yet Boko haram has been maiming people, ransacking communities and having the numbers of IDPs rise geometrically, N35.4m to feed Aso rock lion's, N20bn pension scam, Immigration job scam, yet the culprit minister involved is still serving and enjoying his loot from the scam recruitment exercise, pardoning of convicted criminals like Bode george and Alameyhsia, Tompolo buying warships in an insane clime like Nigeria, asides the billions of Naira lost to oil bunkering. Just name all the scams and misappropriation of funds under this government, you will weep for Nigeria. They steal in trillions of Naira, and convert them to dollars to make them look small.

I wonder how a youth like me, who has an unborn gneration, will comfortably thumbprint for the PDP and jeopardize the future of the unborn all because of bias and false PDP propaganda. Vote for change. After 6years with high revenue, nothing was achieved. How will something be achieved in 4years with less cash inflow?

GEJ should declare his assets to Nigerians and the world at large, so we can all see how lucrative politics in Nigeria has been. GEJ is a scam, and I dare anybody with superior logic to enlighten my ignorance that this present administration isn't a hoax.

The earlier we drop the bias about ethnicity, religion, age to focus our demand for quality leadership from a selfless leader, the better. If people don't see that this administration has failed woefully, and there's a need to try some other leader, then we will continue to wallow in abject poverty in this country. Poverty level in Nigeria has risen from 54% to 71%, youth unemployment from 9% to 50%, recurrent expenditure from 62% to 86%, national debt from $26bn to $70bn, whilst GDP growth has dropped from 11% to 6%, and excess crude account has dropped from $20bn to $2bn, petrol has risen from 65 to 87 temporarily (97), $1 has risen from N158 to N210.

Everything is wrong with Nigeria. Just everything is going wrong. Lets be wise and vote rightly without bias!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by ayukdaboss(m): 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
OLADD:

Point of correction, nobody in the govt (Okonjo inclusive) had ever admitted any missing $10b, rather a case of unreconciled figure had always cropped up. But due to mischieviousness of many Nigerians, nobody gave her or the govt benefit of the doubt.
I wonder what you're trying to defend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOd2f_8hwEo

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by bundur(m): 3:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
Our

Money
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by muzzol: 3:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=Uncletony post=30452770]

She is d petroluem minister & not one of the directors of NNPC!::: u slowpoke!![/quote

And instead of insulting people, why not use your Mb to google for the right information. The petroleum minister is the one supervising any agency in the industry e.g NNPC, DPR etc That is why she is the final authorisation for decisions in the industry.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by OLADD: 3:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ttalk:

Convert 1.48billion USD to naira and come back to tell me whether Nigeria needs such money badly at this time or not

My arithmetic tells me there's a difference between $20b and $1.48b. OK?
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Ttalk: 3:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
OLADD:

Do you have the details of the report that says that money was stolen? Why not wait for the full report before you pass judgement.

I dont know what you mean by the word "stolen" if an audit firm indict the department you head of unaccounted fund, i dont know what you called that
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Change2015(m): 3:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
durow:
My people, when will you know the difference between NNPC and Ministry of petroleum affairs? Dizeani is not in charge of NNPC o! They only report to her.
Some of you discrediting PWC don't know about auditing in Nigeria.

That is silly. Nnpc is a parastatal under her ministry, so she is the supervising minister. The same way Stella Oduah was caught up in making purchases on behalf of the parastatal under the aviation ministry... Stop excusing corruption in public offices.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Ttalk: 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
OLADD:

My arithmetic tells me there's a difference between $20b and $1.48b. OK?

Yeah $20b is corruption but $1.48b is mere stealing

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bode George: Sheriff Is A Saint Compared To Wike Or Fayose / Wives Of Soldiers Who Were Killed By Bandits Protest In Kebbi (video) / EFCC Seizes Ibrahim Shema's Houses (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.