Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Answering Israel’s Critics - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Answering Israel’s Critics (2439 Views)

Breaking News : Israel Bombs Syria!!! / Biden Says Palin Family Is Off Limits To Critics / Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answering Israel’s Critics by dayokanu(m): 5:50am On Dec 31, 2008
1) “Israel’s response in Gaza is disproportionate”

Since when is war a mathematical equation? The basic objective of any warring party is to inflict maximal damage on the enemy while minimizing its own casualties. Was there anything proportional about the US war in Iraq? Or about Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait for that matter? Or about Russia’s recent war against Georgia? Israel is doing exactly what any other country has done in the past. This is how war works.

Would a British citizen complain that “too few” British soldiers are being killed in Iraq? Probably not.

And on a more elementary note: Palestinian military inferiority is not an indication of moral superiority. Palestinian insistence on resorting to violence despite this military weakness is an indication of poor judgment perhaps – yet it is by no means an indication of moral virtue. Being militarily weak does not make the Palestinians right.

6) “Israel is targeting civilians”

You mean to say that “one of the most powerful armies in the world” has been bombing Gaza for days, deploying massive air power, dropping hundreds of bombs, and ultimately killing a grand total of 50 civilians or so in the “most crowded place on earth?
There are two options here: A) The Israeli army is not targeting civilians, or B) Israeli pilots suck. We tend to go with option A.

Indeed, Israel goes to great lengths to avoid civilian casualties, by deploying precise ammunition and specialized techniques. In fact, nobody in the world does this better than the Jewish State

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3647296,00.html
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by birdman(m): 7:43am On Dec 31, 2008
Nobody would complain if it was against a state actor. That is, a country with defined borders, army, The Palestinian case is more akin ( I didnt say the same) to the Niger Delta and Darfur.

To put it in perspective, the last time the Nigerian army was unleashed full force against an insurgency was against the delta, under Abacha. Food for thought on the morality of what Israel is doing.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by dayokanu(m): 8:10am On Dec 31, 2008
@birdman,
What difference does it make if its a state actor or a terror group. The matter remains Israel is being attacked.
That they dont have a defined borders means they can launch rockets at a state?

I dont understand
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by birdman(m): 8:39am On Dec 31, 2008
I think you understand. I know you understand why the FG can not use its full might and just bomb/raid all of Niger delta in spite of the kidnappings, and disruption. Apply the same to palestinians.

In case you didnt realize how nasty the actions you are supporting are, I mentioned Abacha. Other examples include several notorious African dictators, Saddam, you get the point.

I love how you switch from discussing Palestinians to using "terror group" in your next post. We both understand that no one cares how many Hamas guys die. The bone of contention is how much of the brunt civilians should take.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by dayokanu(m): 8:46am On Dec 31, 2008
Niger delta is part of Nigeria. Is Gaza part of Israel?

Civilians? If you harbour terrorist in your house Its only fair you get a share of it when I strike back at the terrorist.

I think the IDF is being very considerate here. 60 civilian death out of 400? Tell me which war has ever been this benevolent especially against a group that mingles with civilians
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by RichyBlacK(m): 10:29am On Dec 31, 2008
Israel can only commit the atrocities it's committing today because the year-long siege on Gaza had severally weakened Hamas. Let us recall how the brave freedom fighters of Hezbollah dealt the Zionist State a humbling blow in 2006.

It is a pity that the Apartheid State of Israel has reduced itself to fighting ill-equipped, rag-tag, non-state, but brave fighters like Hamas and Hezbollah. Soon, they'll grow some balls and fight against well-trained Arab and Persian divisions; that day is drawing nearer. Having watched the IDF squirm under Hezbollah's impressive defense in 2006 and observing how the IDF is showing its force today, military strategists in the middle-east are undoubtedly studying the exposed weaknesses of the IDF. Nobody needs a soothsayer to tell him/her that the next time Israel engages a real army (not small Hezbollah or tiny Hamas), the blow to the IDF will be shocking!

Let the bloodthirsty Zionists continue their campaign of carnage; people have died, people will die, bodies will be buried, but Hamas will remain! We saw this kind of tyranny under Apartheid South Africa, however, the ANC (labeled a terrorist organization by the same cabal of death supporting the evil Jewish State) remains strong! Long after the tyrants in Washington DC and Tel-Aviv are gone, Hamas will remain standing!
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Lagosboy: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2008
dayokanu:

@birdman,
What difference does it make if its a state actor or a terror group. The matter remains Israel is being attacked.
That they don't have a defined borders means they can launch rockets at a state?

I don't understand

You do not understand because u have never cared to ask yourself this question?

Is Palestine under occupation?

When you answerr that you should know why the rockets are firing.

IDF is a cowardly Army that crumbled and showed their weaknesss at the Hands of Hezbollah. Rockets were fired into Israel till the last day of the war!!! Israel "invincible tanks" were blown up with soldiers dying in it, then they run to the UN asking for ceasefire and ran back to their fortress!!!

Open the crossings and give Hamas waepons they wouldnt fire rockets again and lets see their stronger army.

Shameless IDF!!!
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by olabowale(m): 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2008
@Dayokanu: « on: Today at 05:50:02 AM »

1) “Israel’s response in Gaza is disproportionate”

Since when is war a mathematical equation? The basic objective of any warring party is to inflict maximal damage on the enemy while minimizing its own casualties. Was there anything proportional about the US war in Iraq? Or about Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait for that matter? Or about Russia’s recent war against Georgia? Israel is doing exactly what any other country has done in the past. This is how war works.

The true follower of christ reveals his innermost thought. The "turn your other cheek" is a myth. The "Thou shall not kill" is nothing that can be followed. The "love your neighbor as yourself" is only a rouse. Well, the "thou shall not covet your neighbors property" is impossible. The Children of Israel have covetted their neighbors (the Palestinians) properties and dayokanu and others (Dvidylan, *Osisi*, etc) are very happy about it and the continuous killing that the displaced "neighbors" are struggling against the modern day "Pharaoh and Goliat" for the return of his belonging!

No one can tell me that the palestinians, when they got to the land known as Palestine, displaced any Children of Israel! This I will like somebody to proof! But of course, Dayo is not a Jesus follower, but only by name. He is more like a Tyrant follower. Maybe Saul/Paul follower.

Would a British citizen complain that “too few” British soldiers are being killed in Iraq? Probably not.

Injustice. Iraq had their problems. The Arabs or rather the muslims should have had a stading army. Someday, the Kalifah office will be reinstated. Then Muslim Army will be organized. Then the likes of Saddam Hussaine should have been removed. And so are others, including the Kings, and the Emirs and Presidents, etc. There would never have been a reason for "Didbelievers" to invade an inche of the land where people under "belief" live. The disbelievers would have met a Kalifah in the tradition of Umar Khattab against Rome. Dayo, go and research world history!

And on a more elementary note: Palestinian military inferiority is not an indication of moral superiority. Palestinian insistence on resorting to violence despite this military weakness is an indication of poor judgment perhaps – yet it is by no means an indication of moral virtue. Being militarily weak does not make the Palestinians right.

Morality means you stand for justice. Weakness or inferiority of means does not amount to immorality, too. It simply means you are at a disadvantage. But so was Musa against Fir'awn. And so was dad against Jaluut. In each case, the disadvantaged through the help of Allah defeated the one seemingly powerful. I wonder if somebody took your apartment or home in USA, you will not labor hard to regain it. I wonder if you will not be aroused spiritually to struggle to get your home back before you dial 911 for the authority to help.

The Palestinians are doing exactly the same thing. Between the Palestinians and the Israelis, the usurpers of the other's properties are the Israelis. Read your History books.

6) “Israel is targeting civilians”

You mean to say that “one of the most powerful armies in the world” has been bombing Gaza for days, deploying massive air power, dropping hundreds of bombs, and ultimately killing a grand total of 50 civilians or so in the “most crowded place on earth?

And no soul shall die before it is appointed time and place. The might of Israeli army is no match for the Will of Allah.

There are two options here: A) The Israeli army is not targeting civilians, or B) Israeli pilots suck. We tend to go with option A.

Whatever your option, your heart is known, now. I hope when Israeli army invades Yoruba land, when somebody is killed there, you will just be as analytical. For me, I take the opinion that the time of the defeat of Israel has not come. But it will. Proof: The Children of Israel were in bondage for generations. Then Allah raised Musa (AS) right there in the house of Fir'awn. He made him acquire royal mannerism and strength and boldness. His meekness was masked by his class. Then Allah seasoned Musa up, until he returned as Prophet to confront and in time, through his hand, Allah defeated the enemy of a people, who were the better of the two!

So too will Allah defeat Israel through the hands of Palestinian. He will raise a correct leader and people who are of great faith in Him. And in time, the present day great army will be brought to ruin. llah is capable of doing all things.

Indeed, Israel goes to great lengths to avoid civilian casualties, by deploying precise ammunition and specialized techniques. In fact, nobody in the world does this better than the Jewish State

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3647296,00.html

Dayokanu, we have a saying for the gullibles in New York City; I have a bridge to sell to you. Its a wonderful bridge. Its called the Brooklyn Bridge. When you believe the propaganda of the children of Israel, then you are very gullible. You should buy the bridge from me, before somebody who is gullible like you signs the contract with me. It cost exactly, by installmental payment, as long as you work, the eaxct amount of your net salary!

And the honesty of the Jewish state showed very clearly when they doublecrossed Nigerian government in the case of "Umaru Dikko!" Would you truly a people who built a god to worship after Allah had extracated them from the hands of Fir'awn and his evil supporters? Two things you can joke with a Zionist or most Jews on; trying to make more money and goodly acquisitions than him. And the second being complacent that he is not conniving to take what becongs to you from you. I know. I deal with them, every day. A few of them are good though.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by olabowale(m): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2008
@Dayokanu: « #4 on: Today at 08:46:06 AM »

Why are the people of Niger Delta struggling against the Oppressive Nigerian Government, from their own eyes? The answer is that Nigeria has taken what they see as thier God given property/wealth! And Nigeria does not consider them as deserving any of its benefits!

Do you blame the Delta youth or "liberators?" Thats how I fell about the Palestinians! Gaza can't be part of Israel because of the intended oppression of the Israeli's over the Palestinians in the first place. How well will you be able to deal with your intended target, except that you separate him from you? The Third Reich made the Jews lived in Squalors and wear an arm banner reading: Juderen! It was easy to get to the Jews in the walled in ghettoes. Israel had mastered what the Furher instituted.

Civilians? If you harbour terrorist in your house Its only fair you get a share of it when I strike back at the terrorist.

The Israeli agenda is to anihilate the palestinians in the first place. Civilians or no civilians, they are palestinians. Is there any other way to look at it? If there is, then explain the use of bone breaking tactics, which result in internal injury; gangrin etc and the victim is incapacitated. Youtube; If Only American people will know. You will see the evil of your beloved Israelis!

I think the IDF is being very considerate here. 60 civilian death out of 400? Tell me which war has ever been this benevolent especially against a group that mingles with civilians

Are there wars in the history of mankind where there is no single bloodshed? Yes, many. The battle of the trenches and Victory of Makka. And Later the Muslims used only "Chewing Stick", in the sunnah of the Prophet to defeat the enemy.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by TayoD1(m): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2008
@Dayokanu,

I beg to disagree with your stance on disproportionate response of the IDF. Indeed the response has been disproportionate.

As at this morning's estimate, the casualty in Gaza is 60 civilian death out of 375 which represents a civilian casualty rate of 16% by the IDF.  On the other hand, the casualty in Isreal is 3 civilian death out of 4, which represents 75% civilian causualties by Hamas.

The IDF thus have a loooooooooong way to go if they want to match up with Hamas.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by TayoD1(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2008
@RichyBlack,

Israel can only commit the atrocities it's committing today because the year-long siege on Gaza had severally weakened Hamas.
Is that so? How come Hamas now possess longer range missiles that have effectively put 1 in 10 Isrealis at risk?  It is good to support accusations with facts you know.

Soon, they'll grow some balls and fight against well-trained Arab and Persian divisions; that day is drawing nearer.
In all these conflicts, Isreal never initated the fight but only responded to being attacked.  The day these armies grow enough "balls", let them try and have their arses handed to them.

Nobody needs a soothsayer to tell him/her that the next time Israel engages a real army (not small Hezbollah or tiny Hamas), the blow to the IDF will be shocking!
We've heard that before.  In 1948, the armies you rely on were heavily armed and trained and advanced against isreal to totally annihilate them. What happened is now history.  They were totally repelled and beaten by the small country that had to deal with an arms embargo.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by olabowale(m): 3:00pm On Dec 31, 2008
@Dayokanu: « #2 on: Today at 08:10:33 AM »  

@birdman,
That they don't have a defined borders means they can launch rockets at a state?

I don't understand

If it is possible to specify where the American tax Dollar is spent, individuals like me would have specified that none of my hard earned money paid as taxes should be given to Israel! There will be many Christians in the "individuals." Let Isral raise her own monies through whatever means. Let the palestinians do the same. Let them fight each other, without anyone helping any of the two. And after a while, the world would see the remnant that will remain.

Allah says in His Book "And let them wish for death, if they are truthful."

Is there a right of one people to refuse the other of self determination? To have their own state as a people?
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by TayoD1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2008
@Olabowale,

The true follower of christ reveals his innermost thought.
What do you know about followign Christ? You do not even match your idol Mohammed, in blood-thirstiness and yet you are bold to declare others are not following their master's will.

No one can tell me that the palestinians, when they got to the land known as Palestine, displaced any Children of Israel! This I will like somebody to proof! But of course, Dayo is not a Jesus follower, but only by name. He is more like a Tyrant follower. Maybe Saul/Paul follower.
Of course they did not displace them. The Isrealites welcomed them as Visitors and now they have claimed they owned the land because of their population.  I know that is what you guys are planning for England as well.  Soon, you will want to send the inhabitants into the sea after you've gained the ascedency, population wise.  I hope you will consider it fair game if I mention Mohammed the way you refer to Apostle Paul. And by the way, Paul never killed anyone, but suffered matyrdom. In many ways, he is a better person than you-know-who.

Whatever your option, your heart is known, now. I hope when Israeli army invades Yoruba land, when somebody is killed there, you will just be as analytical.
For the record, it is your Arab and Muslim brothers that are committing attrocities in Africa now. And for the record, it is Isreal who has being their brother's keepers by taking in refugess from Darfur and giving them full Isreali citizenship.  What have your Arba brothers done other than take Africans as slaves?

Someday, the Kalifah office will be reinstated.
This is what we have tried to let people like RichyBlack, Afam and Tornadoz see all along.  They have failed to see this Middle East conflict for what it really is.  Here is Olabowale practically giving it away on the www.  This is nothing short of a drive by the Muslim world to establish a world-wide Kalifah.  But of course, they are too politically-correct to see the glaring truth.

And no soul shall die before it is appointed time and place. The might of Israeli army is no match for the Will of Allah.
So why blame Isreal? If they have killed the people (in self defence by the way) in line with Allah's appointed time and place, shouldn't you cry to that same Allah to question his/her judgment?

So too will Allah defeat Israel through the hands of Palestinian. He will raise a correct leader and people who are of great faith in Him. And in time, the present day great army will be brought to ruin. llah is capable of doing all things.
I know this has been not only your dream, but that of Mohammed. That anti-semitic spirit, which is equivalent to the Anti-Christ spirit has being evident since the day of Mordecai.  And just as Mohammed who died in the hands of a Jewess, and Haman who hung on the gallows he built to hang the Jews, Hamas and others who wish to annihilate the Jews will meet their waterloo.  Let me share the Word of the Lord with you:  If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. One thing I have learnt is that anyone who attempts to break the Word of the Lord will himslef be broken.  You guys can keep trying, and you will keep failing.  

Isreal has being judged, and the only reason why they are back in that land is for the other nations to be judged.  That is why God brought back those nations like Iran and Russia.  they will eventually match against Isreal and meet their waterloo. The days are coming.

The battle of the trenches and Victory of Makka. And Later the Muslims used only "Chewing Stick", in the sunnah of the Prophet to defeat the enemy.
So why not tell Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, Syria and co to drop their weapons and pick up chewing sticks against Isreal? Hypocrites.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by birdman(m): 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2008
dayokanu:

Wow. I keep repeating myself. I never said Gaza being part of Israel is the issue. The issue is that both Niger delta and Gaza are not state actors. As such, military offensives against them cannot be full fledged.

If Nigerians have this common sense, why doesnt Israel.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Uche2nna(m): 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Dayokanu,

As at this morning's estimate, the casualty in Gaza is 60 civilian death out of 375 [/b]which represents a civilian casualty rate of 16% by the IDF.  On the other hand, the casualty in Isreal is[b] 3 civilian death out of 4, which represents 75% civilian causualties by Hamas.

That only seems to accentuate Dayo's point that Israel is not indiscriminate in their targets.  

However, this is almost the fifth day of Israel's assault on Gaza and a lot of organisations have been calling for a truce (including the US) to at least enable humanitarian aid into the area but Israel wont budge  undecided
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by TayoD1(m): 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2008
@Uche2nna,

That only seems to accentuate Dayo's point that Israel is not indiscriminate in their targets.
It does. I'm only trying to put the "disproportionate response" into some perspective in terms of facts and figures.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 31, 2008
Lagosboy:

You do not understand because u have never cared to ask yourself this question?

Is Palestine under occupation?

When you answerr that you should know why the rockets are firing.

you shameless coward. I answered this question with plenty of background on the "defiant HAMAS" thread only for you to disappear and reappear here pretending to ask the same question.

No it is NOT occupied and i will reproduce my answer in the next post.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2008
Lagosboy:

Davidylan stop being cheeky and answer the question. We are not talking of a name here we are talking of Land.

don't worry, be patient . . . i like to take my time to school hypocritical, knee-jerk, moronic islamists like you in some FACTUAL history.

Lagosboy:

The whole land on which Israel sits on was called Palestine before 1948.

ACTUALLY:

1. Palestine pre-1922 = Jordan + Gaza + Judea/Samaria (westbank) + Israel

Lagosboy:

The British even had what we call "British Mandate of Palestine" 1920-1948.

See above.

Lagosboy:

It was after the mandate some land was given to the jews by the British

ACTUALLY:

1. The British gave no land to the jews and actively sought to limit jewish migration to Israel while encouraging massive arab immigration. See Winston churchill's 1939 statement - Far from being persecuted, the Arabs have crowded into the country and multiplied until their population has increased more than even all world Jewry could lift up (increase) the Jewish population.

Ruth Gruber notes in her book (Exodus 1947) - While in Jerusalem, [Gruber] learned that a former American pleasure boat, renamed the Exodus 1947, had attempted to deliver 4,500 Jewish refugees — including 600 children, mostly orphans — but was attacked by five British destroyers and a cruiser. Gruber left immediately for Haifa and witnessed the Exodus entering the harbor, looking, as Gruber wrote, "like a matchbox splintered by a nutcracker."

During the "battle," the British rammed the Exodus and stormed it with guns, tear gas and truncheons. Gruber noted that the crew, mostly Jews from America and Palestine, fought back with potatoes, sticks and cans of kosher meat. The Exodus’s second officer, Bill Bernstein of San Francisco, was clubbed to death trying to prevent a British soldier from entering the wheelhouse. Two orphans were killed, one shot in the face point blank after he tossed an orange at a soldier.

2. The British in 1922 gave 85% of the mandate of Palestine to the Hashemite prince Abdullah from Mecca as a gift = Jordan today.

3. Following violent anti-semitic clashes, the league of nations opted in 1947 to divide what was left of the British mandate of Palestine into 2 (UN partition plan), one for the jews and for the arabs . . . with the arabs getting the lionshare of the land including Jerusalem. The arabs rejected this plan and proceeded (with the help of at least 6 arab nations including Syria, Jordan, Iraq) to invade Israel and sieze all the land for themselves . . . well the arabs lost!

Lagosboy:

and the US aided them to get it statehood at the UN

ACTUALLY:

1. US, Britain and France in 1949 signed a tripartite agreement to ban the sales of weapons to Israel.

2. millions of dollars of weapons were sold by the US to arab countries during the period the embargo remained on Israel

3. Britain trained and armed the arab armies that invaded Israel in 1948.

Lagosboy:

and did not give the surrounding area which is Palestine a state. (A simple Wiki search would show you this)

ACTUALLY:

1. the arabs were given a separate state . . . please look up the UN partition plan of 1947.

2. The arabs REJECTED this state and instead chose to invade Israel.

Lagosboy:

Now my question is the Palestinian land pre 1967 borders occupied?

1. there was never any arab palestinian land pre-1967.

2. Gaza was under Egyptian control pre-1967 while the West Bank/East Jerusalem remained under Jordanian control.

3. When the PLO was founded in 1964, it made NO mention of any "occupied" palestinian lands. Infact there was nothing like "palestinian" lands until 1988.

Lagosboy:

Is the West Bank Occupied?

1. No since it was siezed from Jordan which has since refused to take it back.

Lagosboy:

Is East Jeruasalem occupied? These are my questions to you

See above.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2008
If it is possible to specify where the American tax Dollar is spent, individuals like me would have specified that none of my hard earned money paid as taxes should be given to Israel! There will be many Christians in the "individuals." Let Isral raise her own monies through whatever means. Let the palestinians do the same. Let them fight each other, without anyone helping any of the two. And after a while, the world would see the remnant that will remain

Olabowale,
The easiest way out of your dillemma is to just relocate to the good Arab nations like Iran, Syri and maybe Gaza where you know your tax is not given to ISRAEL but to Hamas and Hezballah to fight the HOLY WAR

It is a pity that the Apartheid State of Israel has reduced itself to fighting ill-equipped, rag-tag, non-state, but brave fighters like Hamas and Hezbollah. Soon, they'll grow some balls and fight against well-trained Arab and Persian divisions; that day is drawing nearer. Having watched the IDF squirm under Hezbollah's impressive defense in 2006 and observing how the IDF is showing its force today, military strategists in the middle-east are undoubtedly studying the exposed weaknesses of the IDF. Nobody needs a soothsayer to tell him/her that the next time Israel engages a real army (not small Hezbollah or tiny Hamas), the blow to the IDF will be shocking!

The Arab nations all allied together to fight Israel more than once and you know what the result was. Ask Anwar Sadat!!
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by olabowale(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2008
« #12 on: Today at 03:32:41 PM »

@Olabowale,

The true follower of christ reveals his innermost thought.
What do you know about followign Christ? You do not even match your idol Mohammed, in blood-thirstiness and yet you are bold to declare others are not following their master's will.

Of course they did not displace them. The Isrealites welcomed them as Visitors and now they have claimed they owned the land because of their population. I know that is what you guys are planning for England as well. Soon, you will want to send the inhabitants into the sea after you've gained the ascedency, population wise. I hope you will consider it fair game if I mention Mohammed the way you refer to Apostle Paul. And by the way, Paul never killed anyone, but suffered matyrdom. In many ways, he is a better person than you-know-who.

Whatever your option, your heart is known, now. I hope when Israeli army invades Yoruba land, when somebody is killed there, you will just be as analytical.
For the record, it is your Arab and Muslim brothers that are committing attrocities in Africa now. And for the record, it is Isreal who has being their brother's keepers by taking in refugess from Darfur and giving them full Isreali citizenship. What have your Arba brothers done other than take Africans as slaves?

Someday, the Kalifah office will be reinstated.
This is what we have tried to let people like RichyBlack, Afam and Tornadoz see all along. They have failed to see this Middle East conflict for what it really is. Here is Olabowale practically giving it away on the www. This is nothing short of a drive by the Muslim world to establish a world-wide Kalifah. But of course, they are too politically-correct to see the glaring truth.

So why blame Isreal? If they have killed the people (in self defence by the way) in line with Allah's appointed time and place, shouldn't you cry to that same Allah to question his/her judgment?

I know this has been not only your dream, but that of Mohammed. That anti-semitic spirit, which is equivalent to the Anti-Christ spirit has being evident since the day of Mordecai. And just as Mohammed who died in the hands of a Jewess, and Haman who hung on the gallows he built to hang the Jews, Hamas and others who wish to annihilate the Jews will meet their waterloo. Let me share the Word of the Lord with you: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. One thing I have learnt is that anyone who attempts to break the Word of the Lord will himslef be broken. You guys can keep trying, and you will keep failing.

Isreal has being judged, and the only reason why they are back in that land is for the other nations to be judged. That is why God brought back those nations like Iran and Russia. they will eventually match against Isreal and meet their waterloo. The days are coming.

The battle of the trenches and Victory of Makka. And Later the Muslims used only "Chewing Stick", in the sunnah of the Prophet to defeat the enemy.
So why not tell Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, Syria and co to drop their weapons and pick up chewing sticks against Isreal? Hypocrites.

Is there any reason to respond to this guy who does notknow that the group that marched in on the landwhike meeting the other group as majority dwellers, already is the Jews, from their European forests and ghettoes? There are organization of European people, America people, even africans, etc. People of the same familiar storylines are forming alliances and organizations. I wonder why this guy can think that muslims have the same rights to institute a system that their religious belief calls for, as a mens of proper dynamizm between themselves?

And a lawyer friend of mine was talking to me about some documentary about human trafficking this morning. The two major societies that are on top as numbers 1 and 2 are Zionist Israel and Wahabi Saudi Arabia. They do this for illegal sexual and new age/oppression purposes. I am not surprised therefore that Israel finds itself a windfall, in the darfur refugees!

Kindness should be shown to those near first, before the people so far away. If Israel was genuine in her "kindness" the Palestinians were to have been the first to receive it. First by giving them enough land, a 50/50 split and not a strip where people are on top of each other, thereby the fuse of tension is always lite. Why divide a people into far away segments with you between them?

Interestingly, we know what a house niggar is! The Jews are getting their own house gentiles which happen to be too happy with the kindness of the massa! Think man. Think.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by olabowale(m): 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2008
@Dayokanu: « #18 on: Today at 05:34:07 PM »

If it is possible to specify where the American tax Dollar is spent, individuals like me would have specified that none of my hard earned money paid as taxes should be given to Israel! There will be many Christians in the "individuals." Let Isral raise her own monies through whatever means. Let the palestinians do the same. Let them fight each other, without anyone helping any of the two. And after a while, the world would see the remnant that will remain

Olabowale,
The easiest way out of your dillemma is to just relocate to the good Arab nations like Iran, Syri and maybe Gaza where you know your tax is not given to ISRAEL but to Hamas and Hezballah to fight the HOLY WAR

Dayo, the last I know, yankee is not part of USA. And my blood is here! I am the one who should ask you to relocate to Israel if you love them so much! Can you do that please, and write about your negro experience to us?

I will tell you a common joke amongst the Jews. I know them morethan you ever will. They say that the brain of "Blackman is highly priced to them! Why, because the brain is new and never have been used. See the blind responses of the Africans in support of the Zionists! And David, zionizm is a term the Jews use for themselves. We in Islam do not have to say it as derogative term.

The Arab nations all allied together to fight Israel more than once and you know what the result was. Ask Anwar Sadat!!

Dayo, Saddat is dead long time! We know that he was a MASONIC ORGANIZATION member when alive! This is completely against Islam. We also see the same in Hussain Mubarak. Are these truly Muslims? Allah knows their hearts. Amongst Muslims we have hypocrites/Munafiiqun.

In Palestine, when Yasid Arafat died, he was found to have allied the wealth of his people in "Interest based" money management program with a Jew in Israel. Tell me what is Islamic about this? Tell me what is even nation conscious/patriotic about this? His case was like the case, if it were to have happened, that Mandela in prison put in the care of White Afrikaans the monies of ANC to manage! Get it?

When the true way begins, the Palestinians, Allah Willing would have increased in True faith. Then the disbelieving Zionists will be a walk in the park. Dont forget that Allah is in control!
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Dec 31, 2008
@olabowale,
is this about Islam or about politics?

Davidylan said the Palestinian fight is about religion I didnt want to agree but all your post points to that.

I am in the US a country that is a very strong ally of Israel and i support all their actions regarding the Israeli situation.

I am content paying my tax to the US govt as long as they use it to support Israel.

You are the one complaining and i told you to go to the country where your tax would be used for the interest of Hamas.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Lagosboy: 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2008
@Davidylan

I thought you had intelligence to know i have answered your question. The issue at hand is Palestine under Occupation? Here is what i responded to you on the other thread which you replied and i would reply in detail when i am less busy.

I REPEAT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE AND PROBABLY THE ISRAELIS THAT DONT ACCEPT PALESTINE IS UNDER OCCUPATION EVEN THE US ACCEPTS ISRAEL IS AN OCCUPYING POWER!!!!!!!!

PLS YOUR LIES DISGUST ME THATS WHY I HAVENT EVEN REPLIED.

Can you give me an International Law reference or any Country that says Palestinian territories is not under occupation? If it is not a state then what is it

You dont understand International Law neither do you grasp the knowledge of the UN Charter

i cant keep saying the same thing on 3 threads

Here was my reply:
Davidylan wake up and your level of ignorance on international law and politics amazes me lets look at your comments.

Quote from: davidylan on Yesterday at 07:59:02 PM
1. Since when did the UN council become the arbiter for determining the legitimate borders of a sovereign nation? I bet you the same UN was no where to be found when Syria invaded Lebanon for 22 straight years.

2. The West Bank is "occupied territory" ONLY because the UN is largely railroaded by belligerent but oil-rich islamic nations, China and Russia (for their own oil and military trade benefits).

3. Israel has tried WITHOUT SUCCESS for the last 40 years to return the West Bank to Jordanian control but Jordan REFUSES to take it back why?? Israel got the land from Jordan NOT Mahmoud Abass.
The UN Gen assembly is an OIC/arab congregation in disguise so whatever they have to say is not binding on Israel as a sovereign nation.

1. The UN founded the international court of Justice and any border or boundary disputes can be resolved at the ICJ (example is Bakassi and Nigeria)

2. Do you now accept that the West Bank is occupied. You should have been humble enough to accept that you lied and swallowed your ego rather than implicitly accept and make excuse. Your excuse is so shallow and lacks intellect otherwise how can u say the Islamic nations have railroaded the UN when the whole world know the US weilds significant influence at the UN. The UN security council has US in it and any member can veto. The US has vetoed more than any nation in the council and 98% of this veto has been in support of Israel yet you peddle falshood and garbage that oil countries control the UN.

3. You mean the 108 member countries of the UN are all OIC countries wake up!! is Chavez and morales of venzueal and Bolivia islamic countries ? Make another excuse David!! Is South Africa an islamic country ? Your excuses and arguement never ceases to amaze me please use the intelligence you are supposed to possess please.

I have always said the moment u start to see isues without religious bias that day your inteligence would work for you!!
Your comments here are so ignorant and outright disgusting.
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Lagosboy: 7:20pm On Dec 31, 2008
dayokanu:

@olabowale,
is this about Islam or about politics?

Davidylan said the Palestinian fight is about religion I didnt want to agree but all your post points to that.

@Dayo

Please lets debate this issue not on religion I have said this before and Davidylan has been the one dragging Religion into it. If you read all my posts I have argued based on simple international politics, history and common sense. Our religious differences should not come into play here as there Christians in Gaza that supports Hamas whole heartedly and voted for them. Like it or leave it HAMAS was democratically elected and NO IDIOT has the right to dictate to the Palestinians who they should choose as their leader. The common man trust HAMAS and not the corrupt Fatah people,
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Uche2nna(m): 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2008
Anytime the issue of the US alliance with Israel comes up , religion is always thrown into the midst . That makes me wonder what religion we are talking about here,  is it Christianity or Judaism?  undecided

Obama's choice of a clergy for his inauguration is already drawing the ire of various sectors of the American community including the Jews. Their grouse,  the possiblity that Christ would be mentioned in the prayers.

So is the alliance really about religion or just politics? undecided
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2008
Lagosboy:

@Dayo

Please lets debate this issue not on religion I have said this before and Davidylan has been the one dragging Religion into it. If you read all my posts I have argued based on simple international politics, history and common sense. Our religious differences should not come into play here as there Christians in Gaza that supports Hamas whole heartedly and voted for them. Like it or leave it HAMAS was democratically elected and NO IDIOT has the right to dictate to the Palestinians who they should choose as their leader. The common man trust HAMAS and not the corrupt Fatah people,

this is mere wishful thinking. To pretend that the overwhelming fact that muslims are the ones outraged about Israeli actions is to try to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Lagosboy:

@Davidylan

I thought you had intelligence to know i have answered your question. The issue at hand is Palestine under Occupation? Here is what i responded to you on the other thread which you replied and i would reply in detail when i am less busy.

You didnt respond, you merely:
a. Said a lot of non-factual stuff
b. insulted me
c. pulled the fog over our eyes

Lagosboy:

I REPEAT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE AND PROBABLY THE ISRAELIS THAT don't ACCEPT PALESTINE IS UNDER OCCUPATION EVEN THE US ACCEPTS ISRAEL IS AN OCCUPYING POWER!!!!!!!!

Bla bla bla. A lot of western nations certainly do not believe that Israel is an occupying power except they cant say so for fear of higher gas prices. If the middle east had no oil they would have bombed them into oblivion since.

Lagosboy:

Can you give me an International Law reference or any Country that says Palestinian territories is not under occupation? If it is not a state then what is it

You don't understand International Law neither do you grasp the knowledge of the UN Charter

arent we all tired of this "international law" nonsense! undecided Which other country on earth EXCEPT Israel is constantly harangued about "international law"? Which laws?
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2008
@lagosboy,

My post about the religion aspect was directed at olabowale. cos he brought the religious issues into it.

The common man who has no problem with Hamas launching rockets at Israel now has problems with Israel respoding.

Where is the logic/sense in that?
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Lagosboy: 7:48pm On Dec 31, 2008
@Dayoakanu

The question i asked you earlier was that Is Palestine under Occupation and the answer is YES.

According to the UN Security council (Which includes the US)
According to the UN General Assembly
According to the ICJ
According to the EU
Every single country of the world accepts that ISRAEL IS AN OCCUPYING POWER

that is the reason the rockets are firing

Israel leaves west bank and palestinans get a state the rockets would stop

Hamas has accepted a 2 state solution for a long tem truce with Israel unless Israel breaks the agreement.

Davidylan might cum here again and say Palestine is not under occupation but just ask him to say according to who?
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Lagosboy: 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2008
@Davidylan

If you had been patient enough you would have got my response.

davidylan:

don't worry, be patient . . . i like to take my time to school hypocritical, knee-jerk, moronic islamists like you in some FACTUAL history.

The first thing i would say is I urge you to debate with respect. You should be matured enough to debate without throwing insults. "slowpoke" is a derogatory word you could take it back.

davidylan:

ACTUALLY:

1. Palestine pre-1922 = Jordan + Gaza + Judea/Samaria (westbank) + Israel

so what have i said wrong? i repeat Israel today sits on Palestinian land True or False?

davidylan:

1. The British gave no land to the jews and actively sought to limit jewish migration to Israel while encouraging massive arab immigration. See Winston churchill's 1939 statement - Far from being persecuted, the Arabs have crowded into the country and multiplied until their population has increased more than even all world Jewry could lift up (increase) the Jewish population.

Ruth Gruber notes in her book (Exodus 1947) - While in Jerusalem, [Gruber] learned that a former American pleasure boat, renamed the Exodus 1947, had attempted to deliver 4,500 Jewish refugees — including 600 children, mostly orphans — but was attacked by five British destroyers and a cruiser. Gruber left immediately for Haifa and witnessed the Exodus entering the harbor, looking, as Gruber wrote, "like a matchbox splintered by a nutcracker."

During the "battle," the British rammed the Exodus and stormed it with guns, tear gas and truncheons. Gruber noted that the crew, mostly Jews from America and Palestine, fought back with potatoes, sticks and cans of kosher meat. The Exodus’s second officer, Bill Bernstein of San Francisco, was clubbed to death trying to prevent a British soldier from entering the wheelhouse. Two orphans were killed, one shot in the face point blank after he tossed an orange at a soldier.

See you quoting from a book written by Ruth Gruber a Jew and you want me to believe its objectivity say that to the monkeys!! Who offered the land to the jews? Was it not the British? They had the mandate till 1948
davidylan:

2. The British in 1922 gave 85% of the mandate of Palestine to the Hashemite prince Abdullah from Mecca as a gift = Jordan today.

3. Following violent anti-semitic clashes, the league of nations opted in 1947 to divide what was left of the British mandate of Palestine into 2 (UN partition plan), one for the jews and for the arabs . . . with the arabs getting the lionshare of the land including Jerusalem. The arabs rejected this plan and proceeded (with the help of at least 6 arab nations including Syria, Jordan, Iraq) to invade Israel and sieze all the land for themselves . . . well the arabs lost!

ACTUALLY:

1. US, Britain and France in 1949 signed a tripartite agreement to ban the sales of weapons to Israel.

2. millions of dollars of weapons were sold by the US to arab countries during the period the embargo remained on Israel

3. Britain trained and armed the arab armies that invaded Israel in 1948.

ACTUALLY:

1. the arabs were given a separate state . . . please look up the UN partition plan of 1947.

2. The arabs REJECTED this state and instead chose to invade Israel.

1. there was never any arab palestinian land pre-1967.

2. Gaza was under Egyptian control pre-1967 while the West Bank/East Jerusalem remained under Jordanian control.

3. When the PLO was founded in 1964, it made NO mention of any "occupied" palestinian lands. Infact there was nothing like "palestinian" lands until 1988.

1. No since it was siezed from Jordan which has since refused to take it back.

See above.

Pls could you quote a reference for all this concotions and distortion of history you stated here before i state my facts one by one
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2008
Lagosboy:

The question i asked you earlier was that Is Palestine under Occupation and the answer is YES.

dont be silly . . . you cant be "asking a question" when you already have a preconcieved answer.

Lagosboy:

According to the UN Security council (Which includes the US)
According to the UN General Assembly
According to the ICJ
According to the EU
Every single country of the world accepts that ISRAEL IS AN OCCUPYING POWER

Before you continue bleating ask yourself . . . what EXACTLY is Israel occupying?
Gaza? - Well Egypt refuses to take it back and Israel completely divested itself of Gaza in 2005.
West Bank? - Well they got it from Jordan in 1967 and Jordan isnt exactly keen on taking it back.
Golan heights? - That is a Syrian problem. They would long have gotten it back if they werent the unseen hands behind Hezbollah.
Sinai - Egypt was wise, it signed a peace treaty and promptly got the Sinai back

So what is all the above bleating about international law about? If the EU thought Israel was an occupying power then they have a strange way of showing it - they just normalised relations with Israel despite the whinning arabs and Israel has long since been a member of UEFA since forever.

Lagosboy:

What a blockhead. Why then are rockets not being fired from the West Bank? why no rockets from Syria?
why are rockets coming from the ONLY piece of land that has no single jew on it?

Lagosboy:

We've heard this nonsense before. Israel left Gaza . . . go figure what happened to the rockets.

Lagosboy:

Hamas has accepted a 2 state solution for a long tem truce with Israel unless Israel breaks the agreement.

this guy na mars u dey?
HAMAS offers only a hudna not long term truce. What is a long term truce anyway? time to arm themselves for another offensive against Israel?

Lagosboy:

Davidylan might come here again and say Palestine is not under occupation but just ask him to say according to who?

No, i'll ask you EXACTLY where is Israel occupying and why?

See why i sneer when you claim that you tackle your points based on "history and common sense".
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2008

Davidylan might come here again and say Palestine is not under occupation but just ask him to say according to who?

Israel leaves Gaza and more rockets come from Gaza. I dont get u. Is Israel occupying Gaza or why are rockets coming from Gaza?

Not one single Israeli is in Gaza right now so explain to me what u mean by occupying
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2008
Lagosboy:

The first thing i would say is I urge you to debate with respect. You should be matured enough to debate without throwing insults. "slowpoke" is a derogatory word you could take it back.

You lost any claims to "respect" the first day you came here posting 20 threads coward.

Lagosboy:

so what have i said wrong? i repeat Israel today sits on Palestinian land True or False?

which "palestinian" land? Who are these "palestinians"? How come they didnt ask for land in 1964 when the PLO was first formed? why did it take Arafat (an Egyptian) up until 1988 to realise that palestinian arabs existed with their own flag?

Lagosboy:

See you quoting from a book written by Ruth Gruber a Jew and you want me to believe its objectivity say that to the monkeys!!

Those facts i posted are common knowledge. Forget Ruth Gruber's book . . . google any other source and u'll get the very same result slowpoke.

Lagosboy:

Who offered the land to the jews? Was it not the British? They had the mandate till 1948

slowpoke, the British abandoned the mandate in 1947, that is why the UN had to come up with its own partition plan which ur arab brothers rejected as usual in favour of carrying out another jewish genocide.

Lagosboy:

please could you quote a reference for all this concotions and distortion of history you stated here before i state my facts one by one

Ordinary wikipedia shld set you straight slowpoke.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RT Grills US State Dept Over Claims Russia Airstrike Hit A Hospital In Syria / Tunisia Abandons Islam As The State Religion In Its New Constitution / NATO Training Ground And Weapons Transfer Station Is No More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.