Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Answering Israel’s Critics - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Answering Israel’s Critics (2443 Views)

Breaking News : Israel Bombs Syria!!! / Biden Says Palin Family Is Off Limits To Critics / Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by TayoD1(m): 1:52am On Jan 05, 2009
@sleek_p,

Leave your email addy and I will send you a Bible at no cost to you.
And your point is?
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by dayokanu(m): 1:53am On Jan 05, 2009
Proportionality: Properly related in size, degree, or other measurable characteristics; corresponding: Punishment ought to be proportional to the crime.

Equality: The state or quality of being equal.

There is a difference between these two words.

@ Richyblack,

What would be the equivalent of bombing a school in Beersheba to make it proportionate?

What would be the equality and proportionality to a suicide bomber blowing a cafe in Tel Aviv

What would be the equality and proportionality to launching Qassam at Israeli cities

I am waiting for answers
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 05, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Proportionality: Properly related in size, degree, or other measurable characteristics; corresponding: Punishment ought to be proportional to the crime.

Equality: The state or quality of being equal.

There is a difference between these two words.

Source: thefreedictionary.com

ok so Israel shld have built an equivalent to the grad rockets and fired on a school in Gaza too?
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by RichyBlacK(m): 2:11am On Jan 05, 2009
davidylan:

ok so Israel shld have built an equivalent to the grad rockets and fired on a school in Gaza too?

grin grin LOL You're definitely a comedian, I swear!
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by RichyBlacK(m): 2:24am On Jan 05, 2009
dayokanu:

@ Richyblack,

What would be the equivalent of bombing a school in Beersheba to make it proportionate?

What would be the equality and proportionality to a suicide bomber blowing a cafe in Tel Aviv

What would be the equality and proportionality to launching Qassam at Israeli cities

I am waiting for answers

Simple. Target and destroy the rocket launchers. However, if civilian lives would be lost, then their are other options.

One option would be to invite an international peace-keeping force (Israel only mentioned this a few days ago and have always rejected such calls in the past) to monitor the situation and given the authority to go into Gaza, seek out the rockets and destroy or confiscate them.

How about that?

If you commit a crime against the state, the state punishes you in proportion to the crime. The state doesn't commit the same crime against you, except homicide in some US states (a murders may get state homicide, aka death penalty), which I'm against!
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by Nobody: 2:28am On Jan 05, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Simple. Target and destroy the rocket launchers. However, if civilian lives would be lost, then their are other options.

How do you target mobile rocket launchers? undecided

what other options?

RichyBlacK:

One option would be to invite an international peace-keeping force (Israel only mentioned this a few days ago and have always rejected such calls in the past) to monitor the situation and given the authority to go into Gaza, seek out the rockets and destroy or confiscate them.

Do you know why Israel has always rejected such calls? Because there is a UN force in Lebanon which looked the other way while hezbollah sent rockets into Israel. Why shld Israel trust another lame-duck peacekeeping force that will only end up as human shields to terrorists?

RichyBlacK:

If you commit a crime against the state, the state punishes you in proportion to the crime. The state doesn't commit the same crime against you, except homicide in some US states (a murders may get state homicide, aka death penalty), which I'm against!

what has this to do with anything?
Re: Answering Israel’s Critics by dayokanu(m): 5:42am On Jan 05, 2009
@rICHYBLACK,
Have you heard about mobile rocket launchers.

If I were, I wont only destroy the launch pads, I would destroy the operators and the manufacturers as well.

You think if you throw an arrow at me I would just disposses you of the arrow? Hell Nah I would also deal with you so that you dont pick a gun in the future.

Have you told me the disproportionate and equality response to suicide bombing?

Was the monitoring agency in existence when rockets were fired into Israel? If the monitors are so bothered, they should have been there earlier to caution Hamas.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9/11 BOMBSHELL: METHODICAL DECEPTION -- Rebekah Roth / Tunisia Abandons Islam As The State Religion In Its New Constitution / Bats Mysteriously Drop Dead Across Israel ‘fulfilling Biblical Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.