Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) (44279 Views)

Photos From Military Accidental Jet Strike At IDP Camp In Borno / Elderly Woman Joins Borno Civilian-JTF That Fights Boko Haram (photo) / Female Hunter In Adamawa Who Fights Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by slimpoppa(m): 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
No problem
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Descartes: 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
...waiting patienty for Liar Mohammed to discredit the video and termed it as doctored.

4 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by cacmatters(m): 7:44pm On Feb 06, 2015
God the armed forces.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by slap1(m): 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
The biggest enemy is still the enemy within, but they too will be defeated.

7 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by rugged7(m): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
Excellent Video.
Drone strike
Special forces training
Night combat mission

Front page please!! angry

4 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by todayboy: 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
This why gej till 2019

7 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by gsalvatore: 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
The fucking chinese drone CH3 done crash.

Crazy CHINESE.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by rugged7(m): 7:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
SEUN!!!!! angry

I SWEAR! If i no see this video for front page ehh angry angry angry undecided

U go see the 3 hair strands wey dey for my barrel chest this hot afternoon undecided

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by santuse: 7:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
Good work NA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by 2special(m): 7:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
Great!

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by olamonsor2: 7:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
Nice one.. All my MB don go..
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by dragon2(m): 7:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
For those that can't watch.

10 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2015
YES, THEY HAVE FINALLY LANDED TO CRUSH THESE BOKO BOYS. GOOD WORK.

3 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by donigspain(m): 8:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
[size=18pt]Damn, that drone 4ked Boko Haram truck up.[/size] shocked shocked

Watch this video and you will NEVER think of being on the opposing side of a sovereign military.

15 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
What I got from the video:

The posture of a soldier and the way he carries his weapon tells me much of capabilities.

These dudes obviously lack basic firearm training. Your rifle is supposed to be an extension of the soldeir and not a burden.

When in obstacle firing and recon training, the soldeirs I saw, did not have the right posture and poise.

In a scene where the troops where walking in a dried up wadi, the troops did not take advantage of the low ground which is to conceal movement.

Obviously their basic training on maneuvers is non existent.

Standard issued weapons are no better than what the insurgents posses.

The discipline level is also suspect. A good golden thumb rule is that if they don't look like soldeirs then you don't expect them to fight like one.

The Nigerian military needs to overhaul their training program completely. Rather than subjecting cadet recruits to grueling physical punishments, training must focus on firearms, recon, self defense and should be done with emphasis of team work in a standard platoon.

This is utterly phucked up.

Give me a riffle and I probably will do a better job than these guys.

6 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
CQB with Ak-47assault rifles?

Too bulky, unstable firing, no suppressor to reduce muzzle flash.

They should be using what the Nigerian Navy- bullup semi automatic rifles.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/916528_sbs-on-deck_jpg7024cad26180fb06b971ac3888b52164[/img]

Ak-47 is crap in close quarter battle scenarios.

I had the same thinking until i asked a friend of mine who is in the NA. He said the army has most of these other rifles we claim to be more advanced, but they have tested all and the AK 47 was the best. Especially due to its durability

He also said those guns the Navy uses are almost equivalent to automatic pistols. He says those guns do not have the range needed for war scenarios due to the shortness of the muzzle

7 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Cannonleo(m): 8:11pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/916528_sbs-on-deck_jpg7024cad26180fb06b971ac3888b52164[/img]

jeez dude do u know what u are saying at all..

3 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by chronique(m): 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
Is there a download link?
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by donigspain(m): 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
What I got from the video:

The posture of a soldier and the way he carries his weapon tells me much of capabilities.

These dudes obviously lack basic firearm training. Your rifle is supposed to be an extension of the soldeir and not a burden.

When in obstacle firing and recon training, the soldeirs I saw, did not have the right posture and poise.

In a scene where the troops where walking in a dried up wadi, the troops did not take advantage of the low ground which is to conceal movement.

Obviously their basic training on maneuvers is non existent.

Standard issued weapons are no better than what the insurgents posses.

The discipline level is also suspect. A good golden thumb rule is that if they don't look like soldeirs then you don't expect them to fight like one.

The Nigerian military needs to overhaul their training program completely. Rather than subjecting cadet recruits to grueling physical punishments, training most focus on firearms, recon, self defense and should be done with emphasis of team work in a standard platoon.

This is utterly phucked up.

Give me a riffle and I probably will do a better job than these guys.
Bro, your analysis is spot on. I saw those things too and I was like "why are these dudes walking tall from a lowland to a highland?" I'm not in the Military but having studied Applied Geography (Military) as a course in my undergraduate days I sure know how to approach a highland area in times of open confrontation.

Another example is in obstacle firing and recon training, I saw a RIGHT-HANDED soldier snooping out from an obstacle from the LEFT-SIDE thereby EXPOSING his LEFT BODY FRAME first before his riffle mussle. A good marksman would take him down before he realises what he has done.

Good job to the Military all the same. Just the decision alone to join the military is commendable.

10 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
dragon2:
For those that can't watch.

tnx man
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Rexyl(m): 8:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
very soon boko haram, their sponsors and sympathizers will be a thing of the past.

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by chaberry(m): 8:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
How can i comment when i don't have the mb to watch
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by sniper77(m): 8:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Bros its a bullpup assault rifle known as Tavor.manufactured by Israel weapon industries
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
nwanna89:

I had the same thinking until i asked a friend of mine who is in the NA. He said the army has most of these other rifles we claim to be more advanced, but they have tested all and the AK 47 was the best. Especially due to its durability

He also said those guns the Navy uses are almost equivalent to automatic pistols. He says those guns do not have the range needed for war scenarios due to the shortness of the muzzle

Elongated muzzles make it difficult to operate the AK in close quarters.

The muzzle blast from the .762mm rounds existing the barrels make firing in auto mode in sight position difficult to focus.

The AK is rugged and both cheap to procure, maintain and also train soldeirs on but it is crap when deployed in CBQ.

It has it's advantage as a field weapon given its effective range of up to 800m but in today's modern warfare infantry engagement is usually done in very close proximity. Why give up your position to engage the enemy that is far off when you can get air or artillery to engage them.

My pick will be the French FAMAS. Rugged, sturdy rifle.

The cameroninan army uses this rifle.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by saintTim(m): 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
rugged7:
Excellent Video.
Drone strike
Special forces training
Night combat mission

Front page please!! angry

just how we did it in PS2 bomb them all plus including lie Mohammed
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Cannonleo(m): 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
donigspain:
Bro, your analysis is spot on. I saw those things too and I was like "why are these dudes walking tall from a lowland to a highland?" I'm not in the Military but having studied Applied Geography (Military) as a course in my undergraduate days I sure know how to approach a highland area in times of open confrontation.
valid points bro.thats how it is..constructive crticism nice..also heavy loaders eg.infantry gunners(gpmg) rpg launchers and mortar units must be provided with adequate covering fire by their squad mates ...a situation where by the mortar laucher in the video was left alone to engage can be very risky in engagement.
once a unit always a unit

8 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
M
sniper77:

Bros its a bullpup assault rifle known as Tavor.manufactured by Israel weapon industries

Bullpup are a class of modern assault rifles with shorter muzzles. It is not specific to any manufactured brand.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by vantage7: 8:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
That was NOT a drone strike. Those who can see preoperly know what I'm talking about.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 06, 2015
Cannonleo:

valid points bro.thats how it is..constructive crticism nice..also heavy loaders eg.infantry gunners(gpmg) rpg launchers and mortar units must be provided with adequate covering fire by their squad mates ...a situation where by the mortar laucher in the video was left alone to engage can be very risky in engagement.
once a unit always a unit

Team work seems non existent in their movement.

Only God knows how their ground communication and coordination will be totally farked.

The top brass is to blame.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by idlatest(m): 8:35pm On Feb 06, 2015
How to download the video from youtube.......

Remove the "www." Or "m." From the url of ur browser and ss to it and it will take to save from net then you select any format of ur choice and download.

E.g

From www.youtube or m.youtube to ssyoutube
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by coogar: 8:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
the drone strike seems to have attacked a civilian car. how did they know it was the enemy? 18 mins video & one drone strike - waste of time.

GEJ should pump more funds in our defence. nigerian soldiers are still carrying AK-47s....the same weapons armed robbers are using. that's a disgrace. how do these soldiers fight at night when their guns have no light to navigate in the dark.

this war would drag for long if something isn't done fast. our soldiers are ill-equipped for the task as it is.

3 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by spinna: 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east / Senate Drops Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Police Distributes Flyers With Helicopter In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.