Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) (44280 Views)

Photos From Military Accidental Jet Strike At IDP Camp In Borno / Elderly Woman Joins Borno Civilian-JTF That Fights Boko Haram (photo) / Female Hunter In Adamawa Who Fights Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by smartigo: 8:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
dragon2:
For those that can't watch.
That is the best part of the video o. I was almost getting pissed off for wasting my mb until I saw that. Well done NA
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
idlatest:
How to download the video from youtube.......

Remove the "www." Or "m." From the url of ur browser and ss to it and it will take to save from net then you select any format of ur choice and download.

E.g

From www.youtube or m.youtube to ssyoutube

Does this work on greedy iPad aka Ipaid?
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Mackie1(m): 8:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
What I got from the video:

The posture of a soldier and the way he carries his weapon tells me much of capabilities.

These dudes obviously lack basic firearm training. Your rifle is supposed to be an extension of the soldeir and not a burden.

When in obstacle firing and recon training, the soldeirs I saw, did not have the right posture and poise.

In a scene where the troops where walking in a dried up wadi, the troops did not take advantage of the low ground which is to conceal movement.

Obviously their basic training on maneuvers is non existent.

Standard issued weapons are no better than what the insurgents posses.

The discipline level is also suspect. A good golden thumb rule is that if they don't look like soldeirs then you don't expect them to fight like one.

The Nigerian military needs to overhaul their training program completely. Rather than subjecting cadet recruits to grueling physical punishments, training must focus on firearms, recon, self defense and should be done with emphasis of team work in a standard platoon.

This is utterly phucked up.

Give me a riffle and I probably will do a better job than these guys.
am really shaking my head for you... you are on your bed while soldiers are dying for pple like you. and all you have to say from dat bleeped up mouth of yours is this?.. i am disappointed why can't you volunteer and see how it is at the war front ungrateful man. at least they are brave enough to fight.

6 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
Mackie1:
am really shaking my head for you... you are on your bed while soldiers are dying for pple like you. and all you have to say from dat bleeped up mouth of yours is this?.. i am disappointed why can't you volunteer and see how it is at the war front ungrateful man. at least they are brave enough to fight.

Olodo I am on their side and that is why I am complaining that they are not getting the right training or equipment.

6 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by coogar: 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2015
Mackie1:

he only spoke the truth.
our politicians earn twice as much as the western politicians. our soldiers should be twice as equipped as the british/american soldiers as well. even our soldiers are not happy thus the mutiny that happened some months ago.

that's the fair deal!

4 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by nortcentrallord(m): 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
Nobody has given the president an applaud about this now oh but if it is on the negative side, every Buhari, Tinubu and Ameachi misfit will wag their tongue. Mtchewww.
Go Naija Soldiers
Go Naija
Go GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by coogar: 8:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
nortcentrallord:
Nobody has given the president an applaud about this now oh but if it is on the negative side, every Buhari, Tinubu and Ameachi misfit will wag their tongue. Mtchewww.
Go Naija Soldiers
Go Naija
Go GEJ.

there's nothing to applaud in that video. our soldiers looked like armed robbers in uniforms.

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
coogar:

there's nothing to applaud in that video. our soldiers looked like armed robbers in uniforms.

Unfortunately that is the truth.

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by idlatest(m): 8:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Does this work on greedy iPad aka Ipaid?
if only you can edit the url
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 06, 2015
idlatest:
if only you can edit the url

Can but where do I save it to?

The music folder does not allow to paste
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by ajilay(m): 9:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
Dat was military training
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by seunlayi(m): 9:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The posture of a soldier and the way he carries his weapon tells me much of capabilities.

These dudes obviously lack basic firearm training. Your rifle is supposed to be an extension of the soldeir and not a burden.

When in obstacle firing and recon training, the soldeirs I saw, did not have the right posture and poise.

In a scene where the troops where walking in a dried up wadi, the troops did not take advantage of the low ground which is to conceal movement.

The discipline level is also suspect. A good golden thumb rule is that if they don't look like soldeirs then you don't expect them to fight like one.

The Nigerian military needs to overhaul their training program completely. Rather than subjecting cadet recruits to grueling physical punishments, training must focus on firearms, recon, self defense and should be done with emphasis of team work in a standard platoon.

you can join them as a volunteer mr Enudun rofo

5 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by idlatest(m): 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Then try using operamini
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Eluwilussit(m): 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

I thought NA dey hire? Abeg, quick go teach them.

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by olapluto(m): 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
rubbish propaganda video from the poor Gejites. Trying to sell GEJ this late is a fail.

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by PhockPhockMan: 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2015
chronique:
Is there a download link?
seconded.

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by BraniacX(m): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
CQB with Ak-47assault rifles?

Too bulky, unstable firing, no suppressor to reduce muzzle flash.

They should be using what the Nigerian Navy- bullup semi automatic rifles.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/916528_sbs-on-deck_jpg7024cad26180fb06b971ac3888b52164[/img]

Ak-47 is crap in close quarter battle scenarios.

You sure do know your firelegs grin lols grin but you do know your guns
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Hearme(m): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2015
celeron40:
This is what the DHQ should have been doing since...not spending all their time fighting with Sahara Reporters.

ELECTION THINGS. GEJs weekest point used by the opposition is security, corruption and poor decision making. That was why the report of NNPC was to be made public in 3 days and now the need for the military to show there progress on the battle field following the arrival of weapons imported. On a soft ground for the military it might be a strategy to show to the world some of there operations for cases that might arise from the ICC.

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by 100Cents: 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
It will go down in history that Jonathan brought modern warfare to Nigerian army and ended insurgency of Buhari boys boko..

5 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
olapluto:
rubbish propaganda video from the poor Gejites. Trying to sell GEJ this late is a fail.
take a hike to Pluto.. dumbo

4 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by imauri: 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2015
A drill display video, night time drill ZL deployment and 1 drone strike with no confirmation (if the missile came from the so called drone there should be a slight video destabilization from the missile lunch but apparently not. + if the missile came from the direction of the drone, the car would have stopped dead in its tracks or blown side ways due to impact, the blast radius and wreckage debris would have scattered to ur 2,9 and 12 o clock NOT 6 but apparently not, what u have at best is an rpg ambush from ur 12 or an ied. sorry not all Nigerians are as dumb at the average ignorant folks commenting about this( apparent good news) another propaganda video for the pidgin heads..... tisk tisk tisk

4 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by tandoe: 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2015
Things like this give me hope for Nigeria I see motivated soldiers. the problem GEJ has is that his administration was highly distracted from bokoharam to very corrupt public servant to blatant hate from some members some tribes (a friend told me he would rather vote for an animal) to the fact that Nigeria is not politically matured enough to accommodate a leader from a minority tribe, a youth or a female leader or anything too different from the old cabal leadership figure we are used to that is why the likes of Obj, Buhari/Osinbajo and the likes can always claim to be a Messiah and we would believe them meanwhile a man like Pat Utomi,, or a rev Chris Okotie couldn't even get up to 2% of your votes.
Can't believe I fell for the change scam with my level of exposure today 5th February I make a change Today as a young Nigerian i pledge my support for the reelection of GEJ. thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Elongated muzzles make it difficult to operate the AK in close quarters.

The muzzle blast from the .762mm rounds existing the barrels make firing in auto mode in sight position difficult to focus.

The AK is rugged and both cheap to procure, maintain and also train soldeirs on but it is crap when deployed in CBQ.

It has it's advantage as a field weapon given its effective range of up to 800m but in today's modern warfare infantry engagement is usually done in very close proximity. Why give up your position to engage the enemy that is far off when you can get air or artillery to engage them.

My pick will be the French FAMAS. Rugged, sturdy rifle.

The cameroninan army uses this rifle.

But do you think the terrorists are engaged in close proximity? In situations the army has to engage them over longer range, will they be handicapped, especially considering they rarely receive swift air support response. You also have to consider the fact that Boko haram uses anti-aircraft weapons against our soldiers. So i doubt their battles will occur at close ranges. Also, i think the AK-47 magazine carries more rounds than the FAMAS (judging from the look of the magazine). I think the only advantage the FAMAS has over the ak47 is the higher fire rate

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by mustymatic(m): 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
keep shut, are u in d north? dis is smtin to tek care of widin a week
Vicotex:
later those smelling kai-kai drinkers (Apc) go cum dey say GEJ no buy hardwares for NA.

#GEJtill 2019
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by donigspain(m): 10:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
coogar:
the drone strike seems to have attacked a civilian car. how did they know it was the enemy? 18 mins video & one drone strike - waste of time.

GEJ should pump more funds in our defence. nigerian soldiers are still carrying AK-47s....the same weapons armed robbers are using. that's a disgrace. how do these soldiers fight at night when their guns have no light to navigate in the dark.

this war would drag for long if something isn't done fast. our soldiers are ill-equipped for the task as it is.
Civilian car you said? That car fired at the drone (fighter jet). Watch the video over and over again and you will notice a strike from the truck against the flying vehicle (drone or fighter jet). I had to watch it many time to notice this.

3 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by PhockPhockMan: 10:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
tandoe:
Things like this give me hope for Nigeria I see motivated soldiers. the problem GEJ has is that his administration was highly distracted from bokoharam to very corrupt public servant to blatant hate from some members some tribes (a friend told me he would rather vote for an animal) to the fact that Nigeria is not politically matured enough to accommodate a leader from a minority tribe, a youth or a female leader or anything too different from the old cabal leadership figure we are used to that is why the likes of Obj, Buhari/Osinbajo and the likes can always claim to be a Messiah and we would believe them meanwhile a man like Pat Utomi,, or a rev Chris Okotie couldn't even get up to 2% of your votes.
Can't believe I fell for the change scam with my level of exposure today 5th February I make a change Today as a young Nigerian i pledge my support for the reelection of GEJ. thanks
You're welcome to the right path.

7 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by 100Cents: 10:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
It will go down in history that Jonathan brought modern warfare to Nigerian army and ended insurgency of Buhari boys boko..

The drone strike was so sharp

3 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Vicotex(m): 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
mustymatic:
keep shut, are u in d north? dis is smtin to tek care of widin a week
why you no go join dem fight within a week?
Odoyo!

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by internetpo(m): 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
Love this. That drone attack at 15.00 was amazing.
NA more grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by caesaraba(m): 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Download and use Tdownloader from app store. It'll solve all ur download problems.

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Sajio(m): 10:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
Godbless Gej and NA......
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by 989900: 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2015
Rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east / Senate Drops Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Police Distributes Flyers With Helicopter In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.