Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) (44305 Views)

Photos From Military Accidental Jet Strike At IDP Camp In Borno / Elderly Woman Joins Borno Civilian-JTF That Fights Boko Haram (photo) / Female Hunter In Adamawa Who Fights Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by vanunu: 10:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
CQB with Ak-47assault rifles?

Too bulky, unstable firing, no suppressor to reduce muzzle flash.

They should be using what the Nigerian Navy- bullup semi automatic rifles.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/916528_sbs-on-pdeck_jpg7024cad26180fb06b971ac3888b52164[/img]

Ak-47 is crap in close quarter battle scenarios.

Ak47 is for long range, u don't know more than the nigerian military, the gun in the picture is for short distance because the barrel is short.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
Lol. Still using ak-47... And no night goggles. Nonsense!
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by phlame(m): 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
undecided
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by austinsmat(m): 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
willl wtch it
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by guente02(m): 11:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
Hmmmmm.
Nothing Much.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Senjuchiha: 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
C bastard
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by gragraboy: 11:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
Mtchwww.....Making it look as if GEJ is the hero for fighting these terrorists when it is in fact his job which he was expected to stamp out since! Shey at the beginning he claimed the chibok girls abduction was a hoax.....the heroes here are our troops and may God protect and guide them, and comfort the families of the fallen heroes.....i am not really a fan of Buhari, but i know we need a change!...

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Regiment(m): 11:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
Rawani:
Impressive strike, but I smell propaganda, if we were half as effective as this we wouldn't be discussing this now. Why all the excuses and references to the coming elections?
Your head dey there jare. Propaganda of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Senjuchiha: 11:29pm On Feb 06, 2015
Ungr8ful retarded pig lyk u
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Senjuchiha: 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2015
imauri:
A drill display video, night time drill ZL deployment and 1 drone strike with no confirmation (if the missile came from the so called drone there should be a slight video destabilization from the missile lunch but apparently not. + if the missile came from the direction of the drone, the car would have stopped dead in its tracks or blown side ways due to impact, the blast radius and wreckage debris would have scattered to ur 2,9 and 12 o clock NOT 6 but apparently not, what u have at best is an rpg ambush from ur 12 or an ied. sorry not all Nigerians are as dumb at the average ignorant folks commenting about this( apparent good news) another propaganda video for the pidgin heads..... tisk tisk tisk
who let ds jigaboo in hia?

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by soldierdollar(m): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
What I got from the video:

The posture of a soldier and the way he carries his weapon tells me much of capabilities.

These dudes obviously lack basic firearm training. Your rifle is supposed to be an extension of the soldeir and not a burden.

When in obstacle firing and recon training, the soldeirs I saw, did not have the right posture and poise.

In a scene where the troops where walking in a dried up wadi, the troops did not take advantage of the low ground which is to conceal movement.

Obviously their basic training on maneuvers is non existent.

Standard issued weapons are no better than what the insurgents posses.

The discipline level is also suspect. A good golden thumb rule is that if they don't look like soldeirs then you don't expect them to fight like one.

The Nigerian military needs to overhaul their training program completely. Rather than subjecting cadet recruits to grueling physical punishments, training must focus on firearms, recon, self defense and should be done with emphasis of team work in a standard platoon.

This is utterly phucked up.

Give me a riffle and I probably will do a better job than these guys.

Clap for yourself

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Reference(m): 11:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
CQB with Ak-47assault rifles?

Too bulky, unstable firing, no suppressor to reduce muzzle flash.

They should be using what the Nigerian Navy- bullup semi automatic rifles.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/916528_sbs-on-deck_jpg7024cad26180fb06b971ac3888b52164[/img]

Ak-47 is crap in close quarter battle scenarios.

It is more reliable. If you have been in harms way your priority will be a solid defence which means reliability which means the AK. With all due respect the Navy is the last place you should be looking for a personal assault weapon.

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by imauri: 12:02am On Feb 07, 2015
Senjuchiha:
who let ds jigaboo in hia?
tisk, tisk, want a banana? grin

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by loomer: 12:04am On Feb 07, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
What I got from the video:

The posture of a soldier and the way he carries his weapon tells me much of capabilities.

These dudes obviously lack basic firearm training. Your rifle is supposed to be an extension of the soldeir and not a burden.

When in obstacle firing and recon training, the soldeirs I saw, did not have the right posture and poise.

OGA FIRST OF ALL U DON TOO PLAY PS AND XBOX.

SECONDLY YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT DEM DE LEARN NEW THINGS DE NEVER KNEW BEFORE. AND AGAIN DEM GO SURELY DE NERVOUS BECAUSE DEM DE VIDEO DEM.

NA SMALL SMALL THINGS GO BETA

In a scene where the troops where walking in a dried up wadi, the troops did not take advantage of the low ground which is to conceal movement.

Obviously their basic training on maneuvers is non existent.

Standard issued weapons are no better than what the insurgents posses.

The discipline level is also suspect. A good golden thumb rule is that if they don't look like soldeirs then you don't expect them to fight like one.

The Nigerian military needs to overhaul their training program completely. Rather than subjecting cadet recruits to grueling physical punishments, training must focus on firearms, recon, self defense and should be done with emphasis of team work in a standard platoon.

This is utterly phucked up.

Give me a riffle and I probably will do a better job than these guys.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 07, 2015
nwanna89:

But do you think the terrorists are engaged in close proximity? In situations the army has to engage them over longer range, will they be handicapped, especially considering they rarely receive swift air support response. You also have to consider the fact that Boko haram uses anti-aircraft weapons against our soldiers. So i doubt their battles will occur at close ranges. Also, i think the AK-47 magazine carries more rounds than the FAMAS (judging from the look of the magazine). I think the only advantage the FAMAS has over the ak47 is the higher fire rate

US military doctrine does not allow for close combat unless absolutely neccessary.

Recon teams scour an area and identify enemy positions and then call in ariel support.

This doctrine was adopted from the famous battle in La Drang Valley, Vietnam Where a group of marines were deployed a landing zone, LZ X-ray.

The marines were flanked in all corners by over 2000 NVA fighters. The objective was to maintain a landing area for reinforcement and maintain a cordone. The US marine commander, Col Moore, then called in for air support to take out enemy positions.

At one time the marines where in danger of having their positions overwhelmed by the Vietnamese forces. Col Moore then called in a distress call at the last minute code named broken arrow.

My point, do not engage the enemy in open quarters when air support can be called in to wipe them out. It saves resources and lives.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 12:16am On Feb 07, 2015
vanunu:

Ak47 is for long range, u don't know more than the nigerian military, the gun in the picture is for short distance because the barrel is short.

Do you know what CBQ means? The Begining of the video showed army dudes doing a building search. You don't use AK's in such tight quarters. Maybe the collapsible AK-100 which the Nigerian police use but not field rifles with bulky wooden appendages.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 07, 2015
Reference:

It is more reliable. If you have been in harms way your priority will be a solid defence which means reliability which means the AK. With all due respect the Navy is the last place you should be looking for a personal assault weapon.

The AK is good for amateur soldering which basically rely on spraying from the hip indiscriminately.

Besides, the Nigerian military will do better to issue another rifle tan the AK since this is the same weapon of choice the terrorist carry.

It can cause confusion in the battle field if you and the enemy sound alike.

This is why NATO forces have an adopted class of rifles to distinguish them in battle from the cackling AK.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by simdam500(m): 12:35am On Feb 07, 2015
Goodluck army...

Am happy for them
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by roymary: 12:53am On Feb 07, 2015
Thank God for the smart and informed ones among us. Learn! Nigerians- Educate yourselves. undecided
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by LoveDecay(m): 1:21am On Feb 07, 2015
I dey laugh ooooh wink
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by phlame(m): 1:49am On Feb 07, 2015
Vicotex:
later those smelling kai-kai drinkers (Apc) go cum dey say GEJ no buy hardwares for NA.

#GEJtill 2019

Are U sure U watched the video
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by jude33084(m): 2:11am On Feb 07, 2015
Pls the moderators should change the title to "GEJ's achievement" and not how our army fights boko haram undecided

This is politics bro cheesy

Yeye dey worry una grin
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 2:16am On Feb 07, 2015
Rawani:
Impressive strike, but I smell propaganda, if we were half as effective as this we wouldn't be discussing this now. Why all the excuses and references to the coming elections?
It was an election video,the Army should'nt be involved in Politics,the mention of 2015 election was to much.

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by phlame(m): 2:25am On Feb 07, 2015
imauri:
A drill display video, night time drill ZL deployment and 1 drone strike with no confirmation (if the missile came from the so called drone there should be a slight video destabilization from the missile lunch but apparently not. + if the missile came from the direction of the drone, the car would have stopped dead in its tracks or blown side ways due to impact, the blast radius and wreckage debris would have scattered to ur 2,9 and 12 o clock NOT 6 but apparently not, what u have at best is an rpg ambush from ur 12 or an ied. sorry not all Nigerians are as dumb at the average ignorant folks commenting about this( apparent good news) another propaganda video for the pidgin heads..... tisk tisk tisk

Best comment so far

3 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by jude33084(m): 2:38am On Feb 07, 2015
smartigo:

That is the best part of the video o. I was almost getting pissed off for wasting my mb until I saw that. Well done NA

True talk o jare wink
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 4:45am On Feb 07, 2015
Nice
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by nagoma(m): 4:53am On Feb 07, 2015
Good Job nigerian military but don't forget

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by delvinmaya(m): 6:45am On Feb 07, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

US military doctrine does not allow for close combat unless absolutely neccessary.

Recon teams scour an area and identify enemy positions and then call in ariel support.

This doctrine was adopted from the famous battle in La Drang Valley, Vietnam Where a group of marines were deployed a landing zone, LZ X-ray.

The marines were flanked in all corners by over 2000 NVA fighters. The objective was to maintain a landing area for reinforcement and maintain a cordone. The US marine commander, Col Moore, then called in for air support to take out enemy positions.

At one time the marines where in danger of having their positions overwhelmed by the Vietnamese forces. Col Moore then called in a distress call at the last minute code named broken arrow.

My point, do not engage the enemy in open quarters when air support can be called in to wipe them out. It saves resources and lives.

Chairman, ease up on the ITK syndrome. Coming here to quote a movie shows you fail to differentiate reality from make believe. Also your criticism of the NA training shows you have a hate thing going on. Watch the video closely and you will see a white trainer following them. While you might have your point, I believe you are not privy to whatever their trainer is telling them, so ease up on complaining

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Proffdada: 7:11am On Feb 07, 2015
Rexyl:
very soon boko haram, their sponsors and sympathizers will be a thing of the past.
as long as they wine and dine with the President, the insurgency will continue

Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 07, 2015
delvinmaya:

Chairman, ease up on the ITK syndrome. Coming here to quote a movie shows you fail to differentiate reality from make believe. Also your criticism of the NA training shows you have a hate thing going on. Watch the video closely and you will see a white trainer following them. While you might have your point, I believe you are not privy to whatever their trainer is telling them, so ease up on complaining

Fool the battle of La Drang Valley is a real life event!
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 07, 2015
Frankenstein:
Hmm. Why now?

Wen did u expect it to be?
Re: How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m) by Mackie1(m): 7:48am On Feb 07, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Olodo I am on their side and that is why I am complaining that they are not getting the right training or equipment.

I never used insulting words when i quoted you, on all what you wrote you criticised them from top to bottom, no encouraging words... haba at least give them little praise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eleka Kneels Down As Fayose Prays For His Victory (Video) / Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. / Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo-Iweala On Her New South African Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.