Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date (25858 Views)

Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date / 2015 Elections: February Polls Should Not Hold — Balarabe Musa / Another Great Man Of God Gives Clear Verdict About February Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by MsNas(f): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
So, they did not realize that before fixing that date for the polls? These people are a joke. I might be wrong, but I am of the opinion that proper logistics and analysis would have been done before fixing a date. All parties concerned would have to sign of on the date and adequate preparation towards the success would have started since then.

All these delay tactics is just pathetic and insane. Is it now that they realized that conducting the elections on February 14 (Literally, few days away) "will throw the country into turmoil and confusion.” as they said? Jeez. That country is a joke! A huge one at that. SMH.
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Jorussia(m): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
Doyin okupe didn't tell us on the side of government, what they are doing to ensure that election holds this February.Postponing the election should not be coming from PDP.If by the middle of next week,INEC realises that the election cannot hold as scheduled, they can postpone it.OKUPE should realise that what Jega wants is an independent INEC.Let's Inec do their job without intimidation and inference,after all, when Inec released the time table last year,PDP didn't raised alarm about the feasibility of this election in February.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by CaptainAmerica1: 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, stated these in Abuja at a press conference called to clarify the outcome of the Council of State meeting held on Thursday.

I lost interest at the sight of this name. Nothing sensible comes out of his mouth. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
This has been their plan ever since?
“The Security Chiefs were unanimous in their advice to the Council that it will be impossible for now for them to guarantee security of electoral materials, INEC Staff, and the voting population in the areas currently engulfed by the war against insurgency.”
What a fraudulent government

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by kponkedenge(m): 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
Hmmm

Meanwhile in another news

Do you have what it takes to become the next face of santa studio?

Follow the link below.

www.nairaland.com/2132165/face-santa-studio-beauty-pageant#30459501
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by lafuria1(m): 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
All this talk are pointless, INEC announced February 14th as presidential election day, this same pdp appluded it, you know why because it gave APC very little time to prepare. Pdp were already campaigning through TAN and APC were still trying to get their heads together and do their primaries. All this while pdp saw no problem with the date but on successful APC primaries and the momentum at which they were on, pdp were taken by surprise, they never expected APC to work. In the words of okupe, call him a bastard if APC survives a year.

In summary, pdp shouldn't put pressure on INEC, they had all the time to raise all the issues but didn't because they expected APC to be weak.

10 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by rildwanullahi(m): 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
J12:
Jega thinks this election is child's play. I doubt if this man is mentally sound, he doesn't understand that this year's elections are pivotal to our democratic and social progress.

His PVC distribution and collection plan is useless and stupid. I went to INEC office in Area 10 to collect my PVC this morning only to be told I can't collect it because I registered in Enugu. I can't imagine how many nigerians are like me, who registered in a different state in 2010/2011 and left their area of registration permanently thereafter but can't vote in the upcoming elections because Jega can't use his brains properly even though he is a professor.

Jega must go after 2015.
e, u ought to request for a transfer cost derelict is no way inec will know that anyone has relocated from here to there

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
PDP: A drowning party, clutching at straws
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by rildwanullahi(m): 7:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
Obiagelli:
Why is this government so scared of elections? This problems didn't stop you from holding elections in ekiti and osun
abi o
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by espn(m): 7:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
J12:
Jega thinks this election is child's play. I doubt if this man is mentally sound, he doesn't understand that this year's elections are pivotal to our democratic and social progress.

His PVC distribution and collection plan is useless and stupid. I went to INEC office in Area 10 to collect my PVC this morning only to be told I can't collect it because I registered in Enugu. I can't imagine how many nigerians are like me, who registered in a different state in 2010/2011 and left their area of registration permanently thereafter but can't vote in the upcoming elections because Jega can't use his brains properly even though he is a professor.

Jega must go after 2015.
I support..after d otueke man..
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by PhockPhockMan: 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2015
plainol:
all these tactics were outlined by Lai Mohammed last year but some fools said he was lying. Now they are playing to script. Next script is "Jega must go" like they did to Sanusi.
APC's poison soaked hands will be forced into their throat.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by sanmibukunmi: 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2015
To be frank, I won't be surprised if this elections flops. Inec is obviously not ready but the opposition is putting pressure on the FG. It is this same opposition that will accuse the govt of foul play if the elections turn out bad....why can't we just be patient to do the right things the right way to as to get the very best results.....

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by DjHypno(m): 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2015
LIES!!! Gerrroouutt!
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2015
SweetJoystick:

You are very daft.... how do you expect to collect your PVC in Abuja if you registered in Enugu? I'm certain you haven't even applied for a transfer of your PVC and you have the guts to speak without reasoning dumbo jumbo

dude do you have any idea that you live in 2015. why dont you go back to where you open your bank account to withdraw money..... when people are told to embrace technology they resort to name calling

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by emiye(m): 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
J12:

Jega must go after 2015.

See you !, you registered in a state and wanted to collect PVC in another state to vote, and you claim to be enlightened ?

INEC directed those who have changed location of last registration , and intend to vote in their new location to apply for such within a certain window, did you apply? Ignorance is not an excuse.

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Pesuzok(m): 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
J12:

Jega must go after 2015.

So your pvc will also be counted as part of the undisturbed ones. I am in the same issue and likewise millions of people.

Pls don't blame jega, I remembered they made a provision for people that have relocated to tidy up things, maybe you missed it.

This election should just hold as scheduled

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Faibuhari: 7:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
These are all genuine reasons, to all APC rats *your blood dey hot no say na u get mind pass*
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by bungechu: 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
the heat is getting hotter as the elextion draws closer, i pray Nigeria will scale through
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Louislewis: 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
DDD
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Marvin67: 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2015
Some salient points were made here. Would anyone want to go borno to conduct elections as it stands today? Let's be sincere. If the presidency gives his go ahead that elections should hold in just 32 states, as some people are suggesting to the president, then we're just creating an excuse for this election result to be rejected and annulled. That's when the rumour mills would say the president has always been the sponsor of insurgency.
The man has made good points. Who stands to gain and what does APC stand to lose if the elections are shifted?
I want this election to hold on the 14th, but I can assure you that if it holds, people already have legal reasons to call for it's annulment. If it holds, there's a high possibility that it would be annuled.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by omenka(m): 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2015
Jonathan isn't prepared for the elections, period. Buhari's popularity across the country is giving him headaches and has made him develop a very cold feet towards the polls. He simply needs more time to prepare. Every other excuse given by the presidency is just complete bullocks.

In one breath he tells the world the date is "sacrosanct" and cannot be tampared with, then he goes back to do everything in his dark mind to ensure polls are not held. Now he's started arresting opposition figures and intimidating them with state agents.

Jonathan posses an existential threat to this nation.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by jdbrasco(m): 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2015
Okupe is right, many ppl can't get dia PVC arnd my area; dey keep saying is not avialable yet and d INEC staffs no longer cm to dia duty post for 7days now. I dnt understand dat Jega and INEC. There is sm tin he is not telling us.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by modhream: 8:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
ARES:

dude do you have any idea that you live in 2015. why dont you go back to where you open your bank account to withdraw money..... when people are told to embrace technology they resort to name calling
Same way you apply for ATM card in Zenith bank,Trade fair n collect in UBA,Wuse,bah?.
You guys really give a bad name to ediots.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by hedonistic: 8:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
J12:

Jega must go after 2015.

Well said. I also find it ridiculous that even with a PVC, one cannot vote at any polling booth closest to you nationwide. You can only vote in the ward you registered! and collected your voter's card.

So if I have relocated from the area or state that I registered, my PVC is useless on Election day since I wouldn't be allowed to use it in my new location. I need some clarification in this regard.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by genearts(m): 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
J12:

Jega must go after 2015.
Why will u register in enugu and xpect ur PVC to be in abuja??

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by jeffmyson(m): 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
lucrownt:
Postponing these elections will bring about violence. What has INEC been doing for 4 years?. If someone can please explain this I will be overwhelmingly joyful..

This kind of comments are not good! Who are those that will be violent? Where will the violence take place? Who are the targets and what is the reason for the violence?

Mr. Man! Stop preaching violence and making threats of it! It will do no one good if there is violence! Please for Goodness sake let be mature for ounce in this country!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by shidof(m): 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
why is GEJ afraid of Feb 14? INEC said that they are 100% ready, so GEJ doesn't have any tangible reason to postpone the election except in the name of insurgence and what's the probability that if we postpone it till next year , the insurgents must have stopped and everybody must have collected their PVC. It's zero. The election must hold by febuhari 14 cos Nigerians had never been as ready as this b4.
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
SweetJoystick:

You are very daft.... how do you expect to collect your PVC in Abuja if you registered in Enugu? I'm certain you haven't even applied for a transfer of your PVC and you have the guts to speak without reasoning dumbo jumbo

Honestly, you are the daft one here.

INEC has the sole responsibility of sensitizing and informing eligible voters of the status of the TVC's and PVS. Technology has made it extremely easy to achieve this.

So if I registered as a voter in lets say, in an insurgency infested area like Baga in 2010/2011 and left, you expect me to go back to Baga and collect my PVC?

Why can't INEC have a centralised and publicly accessible database where users can check the status of their cards. INEC is not the NPC or NIMC, their activities are continuous and important.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by SweetJoystick(m): 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
ARES:

Smh Abeg dey try reason, you just exhibiting how dumb you are and rarely reason before speaking. When did a physical item become electronically accessible? Bank accounts are electronic, and can be accessed anywhere where the bank system is available for access. How do you expect INEC to know you have changed address? Are they witches or wizards, if one needs his/her PVC and has relocated, he/she should do the needful and apply for a transfer of voters card

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Jalal(m): 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
The people that will vote have already collected their PVCs.
People in the northeast most of them are internally displaced all over the country. So they can't vote anyway.
Insurgency couldn't be tackled in 4 years so are u expecting miracle by may 29?
Ad hoc staff training commences 2mrw nationwide.
PVC collection has been extended to Feb 13.

So what again? A beg elections can hold jare!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by ollyruffy: 8:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
Election must hold on Feb 14.

We need to sweep out this clueless government ASAP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biafra50: Nigerians Can’t Be Forced To Live Together – Afenifere Replies Ag Pres / Fani Kayode Reacts Over Dino Melaye, Adeyanju deji Arrested, Blasts Buhari / Agboola Ajayi: 7 Allegations Levelled Against Ondo Deputy Governor

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.