Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date (25861 Views)

Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date / 2015 Elections: February Polls Should Not Hold — Balarabe Musa / Another Great Man Of God Gives Clear Verdict About February Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by eprynce(m): 5:00am On Feb 07, 2015
lucrownt:
Postponing these elections will bring about violence. What has INEC been doing for 4 years?. If someone can please explain this I will be overwhelmingly joyful..

As 'holy' as that man Jega may appear, he nd his commission needs to be probed to ascertain what they have been doing with their allocation these past 4years!
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 07, 2015
Marvin67:

Let's look at this scenario. Elections are postponed and APC eventually loses. You think they'd ever accept that result?

Political parties in Nigerians don't accept results..there must be court involved!

None of the parties (APC, PDP) has anything to lose.
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Geekay07: 6:36am On Feb 07, 2015
The unfolding scenario is very sad indeed! Bottomline: INEC is an agency of the federal government, which appointed the CEO. The failure of INEC is also the failure of government. After four years preparation, this is what we get - very shoddy to say the least. It also points to why this Jonathan government must go! Is preparing for an election in four years rocket science? We all have our ATM cards. If it's used in Lagos, another ATM manchine in Kano will confirm that it has been used in Lagos. If the banks can get it right why won't INEC after four years? Answer: INEC was programmed to fail! Jega realizes this, and is too ashamed not to go ahead with the elections. Also very curious that the federal government is not lifting a finger to help INEC succeed, like declaring public holiday to help PVC distribution and encouraging election in the secure thirty two states, while the other states holds theirs in April. Must all the elections hold at the same time? For example we have diferent dates for governorship in some states. My suggestion: Let's go ahead with the elections in the states that security is certain. The earlier we kick out this government, the quicker we discontinue the tardiness with which they have attended most matters that have bearing on our lives. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by SirFrank1477: 7:19am On Feb 07, 2015
Desperate. Jonathan and PDP,no going back on 14 election.the people have decided,Inec said is ready.I wonder why all this headache.INec is Independent National Electoral Commission.Please PDP allow INEC to be really Independent of it work.Jega said they are ready.why tell him that he is not ready.if you can read the mind of Jegatoknow that he is not ready,then you should know the mind of Nigerians,and the mind of Nigerians are that they are tired with the administration of PDP,
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by udatso: 7:32am On Feb 07, 2015
J12:
Jega thinks this election is child's play. I doubt if this man is mentally sound, he doesn't understand that this year's elections are pivotal to our democratic and social progress.

His PVC distribution and collection plan is useless and stupid. I went to INEC office in Area 10 to collect my PVC this morning only to be told I can't collect it because I registered in Enugu. I can't imagine how many nigerians are like me, who registered in a different state in 2010/2011 and left their area of registration permanently thereafter but can't vote in the upcoming elections because Jega can't use his brains properly even though he is a professor.

Jega must go after 2015.

INEC has the sole responsibility of sensitizing and informing eligible voters of the status of the TVC's and PVS. Technology has made it extremely easy to achieve this.

So if I registered as a voter in lets say, in an insurgency infested area like Baga in 2010/2011 and left, you expect me to go back to Baga and collect my PVC?

Or what if registered in lagos in 2011 and I no longer live in lagos and I am now disabled because I have an accident? That means i'm disenfranchised.

Why can't INEC have a centralised and publicly accessible database where users can check the status of their cards. INEC is not the NPC or NIMC, their activities are continuous and important.
I dint like it when people don't put much effort in thinking before commenting. isn't INEC's fault that you changed your location? how will the commission know that you changed location so they can bring it to your doorstep. do you open up a bank account in zaria and then go to lokoja to collect your Atm? you would be told you can't collect it in lokoja but you have to go back to zaria to collect it. I am currently in Accra and my permanent voters card has been collected and brought to me. sstop blaming your laziness in retrieving your pvc on INEC. leave jega alone and start using your brain.
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by ceejay4real(m): 10:39am On Feb 07, 2015
lafuria1:
All this talk are pointless, INEC announced February 14th as presidential election day, this same pdp appluded it, you know why because it gave APC very little time to prepare. Pdp were already campaigning through TAN and APC were still trying to get their heads together and do their primaries. All this while pdp saw no problem with the date but on successful APC primaries and the momentum at which they were on, pdp were taken by surprise, they never expected APC to work. In the words of okupe, call him a bastard if APC survives a year.

In summary, pdp shouldn't put pressure on INEC, they had all the time to raise all the issues but didn't because they expected APC to be weak.

God bless you and your entire household! You are so so on point!
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by ceejay4real(m): 10:57am On Feb 07, 2015
Marvin67:
Some salient points were made here. Would anyone want to go borno to conduct elections as it stands today? Let's be sincere. If the presidency gives his go ahead that elections should hold in just 32 states, as some people are suggesting to the president, then we're just creating an excuse for this election result to be rejected and annulled. That's when the rumour mills would say the president has always been the sponsor of insurgency.
The man has made good points. Who stands to gain and what does APC stand to lose if the elections are shifted?
I want this election to hold on the 14th, but I can assure you that if it holds, people already have legal reasons to call for it's annulment. If it holds, there's a high possibility that it would be annuled.

STFU!! Is there any part of Nigeria's Constitution that states that elections MUST hold in ALL the 36 States & d FCT b4 it wud be considered valid? So if there's war in a few States we wud postpone the elections INDEFINITELY? Use your head man! PDP is just crying Wolf where there is none ok? Even Syria that more than half it's territory is ravaged by Civil war held elections the other day not to talk of Nigeria where only about 10 percent of our territory is experiencing insurgency. Na wa for you o! You must be an unrepentant TANOID! Whatever it is, there is no going back on the February 14th date. PERIOD!!!
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by latitidejavu: 10:59am On Feb 07, 2015
The truth is anybody with basic organizational and logistics experience will know that INEC is not ready for this election. Its not about any politics. My problem with the presidency is that they should not be the ones calling for the postponement. They should have people OUTSIDE the presidency through whom such calls are to be made. They are showing their hands too much in this game. Every other thing cannot be proven, we cannot prpve Jega is compromised and we also cannot prove Jega is not compromised. But even if indeed Jega is compromised, GEJmust really not be incharge of our secret services for his camp to discover it just a week to election. If I were to be in his camp, INEC next moves would have been influenced and determined long ago without involving the media. Once again, I doubtthe capacity of Jonathan's strategists and henchmen. Some political objectives should be achieved clandestinely!
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
J12:
Jega thinks this election is child's play. I doubt if this man is mentally sound, he doesn't understand that this year's elections are pivotal to our democratic and social progress.

His PVC distribution and collection plan is useless and stupid. I went to INEC office in Area 10 to collect my PVC this morning only to be told I can't collect it because I registered in Enugu. I can't imagine how many nigerians are like me, who registered in a different state in 2010/2011 and left their area of registration permanently thereafter but can't vote in the upcoming elections because Jega can't use his brains properly even though he is a professor.

Jega must go after 2015. One need to apply to INEC to get his registration area changed, you failed to do that and here you are , ranting.

INEC has the sole responsibility of sensitizing and informing eligible voters of the status of the TVC's and PVS. Technology has made it extremely easy to achieve this.

So if I registered as a voter in lets say, in an insurgency infested area like Baga in 2010/2011 and left, you expect me to go back to Baga and collect my PVC?

Or what if registered in lagos in 2011 and I no longer live in lagos and I am now disabled because I have an accident? That means i'm disenfranchised.

Why can't INEC have a centralised and publicly accessible database where users can check the status of their cards. INEC is not the NPC or NIMC, their activities are continuous and important.
Re: Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date by linuxuser(m): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2015
Please next time you travel abroad, try to register near your house and go and vote near your sister's house and come and tell us what you get.

Geekay07:
The unfolding scenario is very sad indeed! Bottomline: INEC is an agency of the federal government, which appointed the CEO. The failure of INEC is also the failure of government. After four years preparation, this is what we get - very shoddy to say the least. It also points to why this Jonathan government must go! Is preparing for an election in four years rocket science? We all have our ATM cards. If it's used in Lagos, another ATM manchine in Kano will confirm that it has been used in Lagos. If the banks can get it right why won't INEC after four years? Answer: INEC was programmed to fail! Jega realizes this, and is too ashamed not to go ahead with the elections. Also very curious that the federal government is not lifting a finger to help INEC succeed, like declaring public holiday to help PVC distribution and encouraging election in the secure thirty two states, while the other states holds theirs in April. Must all the elections hold at the same time? For example we have diferent dates for governorship in some states. My suggestion: Let's go ahead with the elections in the states that security is certain. The earlier we kick out this government, the quicker we discontinue the tardiness with which they have attended most matters that have bearing on our lives. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Saraki And Dogara At State House(photos) / Osita Chidoka: Wike Endorsement Of Sanwo-Olu Morally Inappropriate / Photos: Lagosians Defy The Rain To Cast Their Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.