Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari (36248 Views)

Trump To Sell Attack Planes To Nigeria For Boko Haram Fight / I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare / Soldiers Step Up Their Game:See Pics Of Some Ammunitions Use In Boko Haram Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by vega84(m): 9:45am On Feb 07, 2015
Wat makes it a disgrace oga? Are u nt aware that the BOKOs opreate in their borders too? Are u nt aware that wen our troops press them they run into those countries? Are u nt also aware that the best way to counter is to fight them frm all angle of their operations? It seems u dnt knw that yet they call u GENERAL! I dnt even knw Hw many wars u hav lead. U are sooo desperate to rule this country so therefore all the actions of the current admin is rubbish! B4 ur eyes, listen we need to trash out BH and we also need all the help wen can get even is frm the whole world! Our brave solders are dying out there! Mr buhari show some respect! Kai. #vega#

10 Likes

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by ceejayluv(m): 9:46am On Feb 07, 2015
PassingShot:

Read slowly and listen to your self.

Chad and Cameroun have been fighting and defeating Boko Haram on NIGERIAN SOIL. Not that Boko Haram ran to their countries and Chad/Cameroun fighting them their.

1% of my critical reasoning, you cannot have.
No, Chadian and Cameroonian troops have been fighting in border Towns! Where territorial demarcations are obviously hazy.

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by 100Cents: 9:46am On Feb 07, 2015
cococandy:
This guy Buhari is a JJC sha. Despite his age.

This approach is the best and I fault GEJ for not having gone this route since.

The neighboring countries would not have joined this fight if boko had not started attacking their people.

They will be looking at Nigeria to prove its Giant of Africa status..

2 Likes

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:47am On Feb 07, 2015
Seun:
Didn't he say he was going to ask our neighbours for cooperation during his Thisday Interview?

Source: www.nairaland.com/2105044/general-buharis-plan-secure-nigeria

You should be capable of reading and comprehending properly. In all what you've quoted, Buhari suggested that he would impress on our neighbors to secure their borders and not allow Boko Haram to use them as training grounds. He never said he will invite them to come and fight Boko Haram for us.

I need a yes or no from you to this question:

Don't you think it is a big disgrace that Nigerian Army is incapable of defeating Boko Haram without any external assistance from Chad and Cameroun?

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by mployer(m): 9:48am On Feb 07, 2015
Nigeria is a mystery sad
Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by Masifa: 9:48am On Feb 07, 2015
iyobs7:

Your lord and master when asked about combating boko haram if he wins(but we know he'll loose again), he clearly said he will seek collaboration and support from the neigbouring countries, e.g Cameroon and Chad...

Your saviour is a hypocrite...

Ode follower

My lord and master? God i just love it when people high on paint fumes talk crap like that.

And what Buhari said here was

“It’s a big disgrace for Nigeria. It is now Cameroon and Chad fighting the insurgency more than Nigeria. We will build the capacity and Nigeria should be able to secure its territorial integrity

Now of course since the Op decided to use a source with a twisted headline Im gonna assume all your crappy argument is based on that.

No one said Neighboring countries shouldn't help, but that OUR army under Mr.GEJ isn't doing that well as the neighboring countries. (which is arguable).

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:49am On Feb 07, 2015
ceejayluv:

No, Chadian and Cameroonian troops have been fighting in border Towns! Where territorial demarcations are obviously hazy.

The news says they fight on our soil.
Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by 100Cents: 9:50am On Feb 07, 2015
sosanova:
Boko-Hari the Supreme Ayatollah of Boko Haram Not happy his Boko boys are being extinguished everyday by the joint Armies of Nigeria, Chad, Niger n Cameroon.

GEJ till the day Buhari will openly Condemns Boko Haram

Boko harri should tell Rueters that Chad, Niger and Cameroon are killing his brothers or HE IS A COWARD..

3 Likes

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by xklucvG: 9:51am On Feb 07, 2015
kallmemrB:
Ignore sentiments or anti-party then u will understand that buhari is right

For a country parading herself as the giant of Africa this is really disgraceful...its hard to believe a country like Nigeria could be facing this with our outstanding track record in pacemaking and peacekeeping tours
Yes you are right but a Nigerian Army that is divided, how do you expect them to win the war. Note a divided Army is a divided country and its dangerous.
What i expect Buhari to be saying is why and how come there is a division in the Army. Instead his statements indicate that he is on the side of the Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by mckoolcharming(m): 9:51am On Feb 07, 2015
Mikolo70:

You are a big F...L!...is ISIS on America's territory?

Ɯh̶̲̥̅̊Ɣ †ђξ insult?.......we'll, ur name makes me wonder Ɯh̶̲̥̅̊Ɣ ure ere! SMH
Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by jaybee3(m): 9:52am On Feb 07, 2015
cococandy:
This guy Buhari is a JJC sha. Despite his age.

This approach is the best and I fault GEJ for not having gone this route since.
Did you actually bother to read the post or you just can't be bothered to assimilate then analyse what you read?

We were told in December or thereabout that Nigeria secured a billion dollar loan to fight the insurgency.

We do know that our military is supposed to superior in terms of technology, equipment and manpower compared to Chad and Cameroon

Therefore it's not out of place to question the sincerity and integrity of the army when chadian army with lesser resources and manpower can have commendable progress in repelling attacks from the bloody terrorists

Yes joint effort is welcomed but wuestions ought to be asked. That's what a responsible citizen should do

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by obiak4(m): 9:52am On Feb 07, 2015
negroG:
dat man is idiot why should he say such a tin* buhar is a boko sponsor or sympathizer
don't think so maybe he has started using RUBEN ABATI statement style or LAI MUHAMMAD style
my advice for GMB is speak not for the sake of speaking but let your words be issued based
the questions we should be asking this gladiators is this
how they plan on fighting corruption
how to build refineries
how they plan to strengthened the economy
what their plans to revalued the naira because I only give advice now in cowries not my fault thou
what their plans for education
what their plan for our dead beds called hospital
and why is it that their families are not in Nigeria now that the elections are near
my 100000 cowries contributions
Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by loomer: 9:54am On Feb 07, 2015
IF THIS NEWS IS TRUE, THEN I'M DISAPPOINTED FOR THE FIRST TIME.

THIS IS A REGIONAL WAR NOT JUST NIGERIAN STUFF.

THE WORLD KNOWS THERE MIGHT POSSIBLY BE FOREIGN FIGHTERS OR YOU WAN TELL ME SAY NA ONE KEKE MAN DE TEACH THEM HOW TO PRODUCE BOMBS

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by xklucvG: 9:54am On Feb 07, 2015
spott:
“It’s a big disgrace for Nigeria. It is now Cameroon and Chad fighting the insurgency [size=20pt]more than Nigeria[/size]. We will build the capacity and Nigeria should be able to secure its territorial integrity,” Buhari told Reuters.

Troops from neighbouring Chad, Niger and Cameroon, all much smaller and poorer than Nigeria, have been battling the terrorists who have seized territory in Borno State.
[size=30pt]You TANoids have misinterpreted the message ooo[/size]
[size=30pt]He is not against supports from those countries but that they are performing well than Nigeria. Remember Jonathan borrowed $1billion to fight Bokoharam [/size]
The Nigerian Army is divided so don't expect much from them.
Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by loomer: 9:58am On Feb 07, 2015
PassingShot:

You should be capable of reading and comprehending properly. In all what you've quoted, Buhari suggested that he would impress on our neighbors to secure their borders and not allow Boko Haram to use them as training grounds. He never said he will invite them to come and fight Boko Haram for us.

I need a yes or no from you to this question:

Don't you think it is a big disgrace that Nigerian Army is incapable of defeating Boko Haram without any external assistance from Chad and Cameroun?

NO

2 Likes

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by bizhub: 9:58am On Feb 07, 2015
Some people feel very bad whenever B.H guys are killed....Nawao...
Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by Akon419(m): 9:59am On Feb 07, 2015
I said it time without number that buhari is enemy of progressive nigeria. He is the enemy of young leaders of tomorrow. He want us to see him as messiah even at grave.
Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by texas1(m): 10:01am On Feb 07, 2015
Pangea:

You think US needs help in dealing with any kind of insurgency?

The reason for all the coalition is just to be politically correct, in order to allay the general perception that USA is a big bully.
So don't be deceived!

What is your point?
Nigeria is being politically correct here too.
Nobody will accuse the NA of killing his brothers & genocide.

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by ceejayluv(m): 10:02am On Feb 07, 2015
PassingShot:

The news says they fight on our soil.
That's the headline of course...
Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by slap1(m): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2015
The bigger disgrace is supporting them morally, financially or verbally.
Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by ayonice: 10:03am On Feb 07, 2015
when I said that this man called buhari and his so called party (APC) is a terrorist, those there blind supporters started there insult. but with this statement is now obvious that buhari is a terrorist. can he tell us how many countries are fighting ISIL
Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by infofta(m): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2015
Did I hear people say nothing wrong when troops from smaller countries cross our border to fight Boko haram? When reverse should be the case. I weep for Nigeria. General Buhari misunderstood since 1982.

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by dBard: 10:05am On Feb 07, 2015
Pangea:

That is no excuse!

What if we are facing a full scale foreign invasion from Chad, Niger or Cameroun?

Is this the same excuse we will give !
It's a dog eat dog out there !
And if you deliberately make yourself an underdog ,
Don't complain when everyone one out there decide to ride roughshod over you !

You obviously do not understand some basic things about warfare.
Nigeria is well capable to handle incursions from a foreign force/nation.
That is symmetrical/conventional warfare ...what they're trained for, where boundaries and rules are more or less defined.
What the nation was facing is Assymetrical warfare. it needs a different set of ideology/mindset, different rules of engagement, different weapons/platforms...and the politics of the war is different.
It's not something u can handle easily without regional cooperation.
look at ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

Nigeria has and can never be an underdog in this region.
contrary to wat the media is trying to portray, most of the work bin done is by the Nigerian army, the foreign role is at the border towns.
Do ur investigation (Google maps )

It's trendy to rundown anything Nigerian and politicise everything, but sometimes, we should take our time to understand how things really are.

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by luigiajah(m): 10:05am On Feb 07, 2015
May God Punish You For That Speech.. You have seen that your boys are dying then you want other countries to stop the fight.. Now we know who is behind Boko Haram. Nigeria Helps Other Countries In Their Crisis Periods, This Act Is Just To Reciprocate The Efforts Of Our Soldiers In Their Country... Buhari Sponsors Boko Haram.... Wickedness At Its Peak

3 Likes

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by Zuria(f): 10:06am On Feb 07, 2015
Seriously...each time GMB speaks he shoots himself on the head grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 07, 2015
kallmemrB:
Ignore sentiments or anti-party then u will understand that buhari is right

For a country parading herself as the giant of Africa this is really disgraceful...its hard to believe a country like Nigeria could be facing this with our outstanding track record in pacemaking and peacekeeping tours

Haven't you heard that is easier to fight outside enemies than enemies within. Who made Nigeria giant of Africa? And when was the title given to Nigeria.
It's not by size, besides Israel is the smallest country in Mideast but her neighbors dread her.

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by nzeadachie: 10:08am On Feb 07, 2015
Zuria:
Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by nzeadachie: 10:10am On Feb 07, 2015
Zuria:
THE MAN IS MUGU AND A DISGRACE TO GENERALS, THAT'S WHY IBB FLOG HIM WITH ONLY KOBOKO AND KICK HIM OUT WITHOUT GUN

5 Likes

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by uduokirika1(m): 10:11am On Feb 07, 2015
kallmemrB:
my question for u is why is our soldiers still going on tours outside the country? Boko haram ought to be our 1 priority
boko haram issue is not a question number of soldiers deployed but dat of strategy which entails fighting them simultenously 4rom all sides, but d terrain like i said earlier was not condusive until d recent A.U approach. Boka haram is not an internal insurgency but a regional one as such must be tackled regionaly. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by mathskill: 10:12am On Feb 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari by Missonas(f): 10:14am On Feb 07, 2015
While i agree with his point that fact that we should be able to fight our enemies he should know also that terrorism cuts across boundaries.Al quaeda, Isis, Boko haram are all units of internal insurrection but that don't stop the whole world from being concerned
Also, I remember reading in one of the dailies early last year that when some boko boys were caught they could not speak hausa flently that most were Chadians.So what's wrong in usig them to catch their own?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ambode’s Lawyers: We Foiled EFCC Plot Of Planting Foreign Currency In His House / Goodluck Jonathan’s Journey To APC, His Fealty To Buhari And Survivalist Agenda / DSS, Army Intimidated Voters, INEC Officials – US Department Of State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.