Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob (32437 Views)

"I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi Lies Again (photos) / PDP Keeps Mum On Diezani, Alamieyeseigha’s Travails-the Punch / PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob (2) (3) (4)

Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by olajide8(m): 6:15am On Feb 08, 2015
criminalmindz:
MUMU WHO EVEN KNOW YOU. GO AND SLEEP JARE
Oponu - ode esau!
Omo ale jati jati -
Oloriburuku militant
Because their is God, let your life be like the way GEJ has been running this country
Because you fail to realise the mess this country is in, because of your ethnocentric belief you and your generation - even when nigeria is getting better would live the way nigeria has been governed for the passed 4years - because your brain has been beaten by poverty into believing this is the way life should be - you would be a parrier and an outcast* because you fail to realise innocent soldiers are killed just because of one man's greed - your generation will be wiped out just the way their lives are taken* because we know - whom your type cannot cheat and boss over -they spoil, you will be spoilt by God*
NEVER EVER QUOTE ME IF YOU DONT HAVE A PRODUCTIVE STATEMENT TO SAY- Maggot behind a computer- as your head big nah only water dey inside, disgrace to the educated - common sense, mba no dey!
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by caprini1: 6:32am On Feb 08, 2015
Nigga should park well joo...its either he sent a proposal and got paid or he simply contributed to the party as a journalist happy for democracy.What compensation does he want,if not some millions in contracts?Hypocrite coming to eat food when its done.I remember Olisah Metu way back in the 90,s there was no low level of errands he was not running for the PDP big boys,look at where he is now.
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by adonis89(m): 6:52am On Feb 08, 2015
alaoeri:
Nigerians are tired of PDP & their antics time to march4BUHARI. cool
abeg come up with something else. March4buhari no sweet
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by Amokwe(m): 7:22am On Feb 08, 2015
Designing of the logo I'd different from suggesting symbols - in this case Umbrella. Design includes colours, font. form and most importantly why it their meanings, why and how it must be used, user guide documentation etc. Was it part of your proposed PDP logo design?

Laid2001:
FromVANGUARD on February 07, 2015 / in Features 7:08 pm / Comments

PDP keeps dribbling me, 17 years after designing its umbrella logo – Gbenga Amobonye

BY LEKAN BILESANMI

Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chairman, Alhaji Adamu Muazu, in one of the on-going campaign rallies for this year’s general elections, told on excited crowd that the party will continue to do well if it refrains from the habit of using and dumping its members. To situate this statement in its proper context, until 1998, there was no name like the PDP.

The name became famous, perhaps than other parties, because it was the party of choice when it was founded to usher in the new political dispensation in 1999. The name, however, is not as popular as its logo, the umbrella. The party is so popular that sometimes, only its logo would suffice. The now celebrated logo was designed by a journalist, Gbenga Amobonye.

Gbenga Amobonye
However, Amobonye’s effort to the success of the party today appears an oversight as some have suggested. Thunder does not strike on the same spot twice. If after repeated efforts to get the party’s hierarchy to see the need why this unsung hero should be rewarded and, at every effort, there is a brick wall, one is quick to align with its Chairman’s postulation of use and dump. Amobonye wrote several letters to the party leadership without any response. Well, if the letters did not get to the addressee, the addressee cannot be blocked from reading Amobonye’s thoughts on the pages of newspapers.

He said, in one of the letters,” I proposed umbrella to the party in 1998 as its symbol and it was carried with spontaneous applause and commendation. The proposal for the adoption of the umbrella as symbol of the then emerging political party, PDP, was presented on my behalf by one time President of the Senate, the late Dr. Chuba Okadigbo, in his capacity as Chairman of the Publicity Committee of the political association, whose responsibility, it was, to consider a name and symbol for the association, in preparation for its registration as a political party with the Independent Electoral Commission, INEC”. His proposed symbol was not only accepted but was approved by the party hierarchy.

However, in year 2000, according to the letter, Okadigbo introduced him to the then party Chairman, Chief Barnabas Gemade, as ‘ the man who gave PDP its logo, and said, please do something for him’. Gemade never did even when Amobonye had to officially write him. His persistent efforts appeared to be paying off when he learnt that the Special Assistant to the then National Secretary, Senator Aniete Okon, signed a letter addressed to some founding fathers of the party on the issue.

It read, “I am directed to forward here the letter dated 27th June,2001 from Mr Gboyega Amobonye, Abuja Bureau Chief, National Concord Press of Nigeria Ltd, to our National Chairman claiming he suggested the umbrella symbol at the foundation stage of our great party, for your kind attention and advice. It will be appreciated if you throw more light on this matter to help the National Working Committee, NWC.”

Segun Adeniyi, the Thisday Editorial Chairman, on December 15, 2002, published an interview with the late Okadigbo where he said, ” The name PDP was suggested by me at the Muson Centre in Lagos, including the symbol. There was a certain Yoruba guy from Concord Newspaper who wrote me a letter which had this symbol of umbrella, I thought it was interesting. So, I read it out and it was adopted”.

Evidence abound to show that indeed Amobonye was the brain behind the symbol through the collaborative claims of important party members.

One-time PDP Publicity Secretary, Gbenga Olawepo, in an interview with the defunct Monitor Newspaper of September 30,2001, corroborated the claim of the late Okadigbo. Olawepo, in the interview, was expressing his view on his suspension and eventual expulsion from the party. He said: ’You, Gbenga Amobonye, even submitted the proposal for our symbol which we adopted at the Muson Centre, Lagos. Was Gemade at the meeting? That was when we were considering the logo and everything, you made a proposal. You know the story of the PDP better. How can any of these people now say they are sacking me from the party?”

Amobonye said he would continue to appeal to the PDP leadership rather than resorting to legal action over the logo issue, hoping that they would have a change of heart.” I think this option I have been pursuing is far better than the legal option you are asking me about. If you believe in a cause, see it to the end, and that is what I intend to do. I will continue to appeal to them, particularly Alhaji Adamu Muazu, the Chairman and President Goodluck Jonathan, the party leader, to see my little contribution to what the party is today and duly acknowledge it .

I have written another letter to the President explaining my stand on the issue. I am yet to get a reply. Yes, it is true that this is an intellectual property issue which ordinarily should resort to litigation. But what do I stand to benefit ultimately if I drag the party to court? If my design, which is my sweat, is appreciated by the party and adopted it as its official symbol, and the same party is now the largest on the continent, apart from being the ruling party since about 16 years now, I should be glad that my effort is what everybody is trying to associate with. So, I will continue to appeal to them, particularly through your widely read medium”.

Amobonye appealed to President Good luck Jonathan to appreciate his foundation effort that has led to the success of the party today.” I, most respectfully, therefore, crave Mr President’s kind indulgence that I may be so recognised, acknowledged and compensated for my intellectual property.

I am appealing to Mr President, in his capacity as the leader of the party and father of the nation, having failed to receive due attention of every Chairman of the party to whom I have been appealing since 1999-from Chief Barnabas Gemade to the incumbent and skilful crises manager, former action governor of Bauchi State, Alhaji Adamu Muazu, whose letter was delivered and acknowledged on April 14, 2014”. Just as the effort of the Nigerian flag designer, Pa Akinwunmi, was eventually acknowledged and appreciated by the Jonathan administration, let us hope that he would also do same for Amobonye.

Source : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/pdp-keeps-dribbling-17-years-designing-umbrella-logo-gbenga-amobonye/#sthash.hN9LvmoO.dpuf
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by micrep3030(m): 7:44am On Feb 08, 2015
Buhari can not pay him cos is very poor lol amechi must be one mumu ppl
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by poiZon: 7:44am On Feb 08, 2015
lynn79:
What dou expect from thieves? Corruption and cheating runs intheir blood stream.

WHR is GEmade now?
-is he still a THIEF?
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 08, 2015
Oga forget PDP and their money.

Just goto nairabet and stake a million naira u go win billions.

As for me PDP or APC cant pay me 138k while you sit and predict just 15matches @ home?

Emm. To all my betting hustlers, for tips on how to predict and win,100%, kindly visit the link on my signature and read the tips posted on it. No waste time joor.
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 08, 2015
acidtalk:
IF YOU DON'T KICK THEM OUT OF POWER THIS ELECTION THEY ARE LIKELY TO DRIBBLE YOUR NEXT 10 GENERATIONS YET UNBORN.

Fellow compatriots the time has come again to decide our future and the future of our generation even yet unborn.

In about a week from now, we will be taking a decision to determine how things will play out in our lives in the next four years and beyond.

Have you decided on who you want to trust in handling the Security, Economy, Youth Development, Healthcare, Education, and General improvement of the affairs of Nigeria and its citizens? If you haven’t now is the time to realize something.

1) We trusted the last 6years into the hands of a man who people felt his “luck” might bring Luck to the land because of the way he has always risen to power but unfortunately, one man’s favour from God isn’t enough to bring about solution to the land.

2) A man who travels abroad for the slightest flu while ignoring the healthcare system of the entire nation

3) A man whose 6years in power could boast of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

4) A man whose campaign was based on personal attacks on his opponent about events that too place OVER 30YEARS AGAIN. Whereas can not boast of achieving anything in the last 6years.

5) A man who claims he doesn’t give a DAMN about not declaring his assets and also claims STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION

6) A man who gallivants with corrupt past and present individuals while ignoring honest and upright individuals in the land.

7) A man who can defend supposed militants in the October 1st Abuja bomb attack only to come several years later to LIE that the same militants he defended years back attempted to kill him just because the militants are not in support of his government.

8 ) A man whose wife controls almost all critical national issues. Fellow Nigerians ask yourself this question and be honest about it; “can Michael Obama debate of political, security, and governance issue in America? But yet we see nothing wrong in Patience Jonathan peddling into national issues.

9) A man whose ONLY achievement in 6years is boasting of some outdated railway construction that 98% of the Nigerian population do not make use of.

10) A man who under his watch Nigeria can’t boast of a National Carrier yet he has 5 presidential jet to his name and has helped all his associated acquire theirs.

11) A country that sells forms to unemployed Nigerians only to DUPE the same JOBLESS youths as neither the government or the agencies have any job for the youths.

12) A country whose Universities were close for over 6 months and polytechnics for over a year.

13) A country whose medical health workers go on strike all year round leading to millions of people’s sudden death.

14) A country whose citizens die in their thousands on a weekly basis without the president saying or doing absolutely nothing yet the same president sends messages to a country who lost JUST 5 citizens.

15) A president who has emptied the countries foreign reserve and yet cooks up report to hide his elicit acts

The list is endless my fellow Nigerians. This is the time to end all religious and ethnic sentiments and vote in an upright man.
A man who has NO TRACE of any corruption activities and whose associates have all performed averagely well as governors in their various states.

LETS BE WISE. OUR FUTURE IS AT STAKE. WE CAN’T AFFORD TO WASTE THE NEXT FOUR YEARS AGAIN.

VOTE OUT JONATHAN EBELE AZIKIWE BECAUSE WE HAVE TESTED HIM AND HE PROVED HE ISN’T A MAN TO GIVE A SECOND CHANCE TO.
I think u need a VERY HOT ORIJIN..to reset your MEMORY to default settings. Y do Most NIGERIANS have short-term memory..?

Anyway, thanks to ORIJIN
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by 100Cents: 9:26am On Feb 08, 2015
paycash:
So the beginning was not straight no wonder .

Now I stop blame GEJ

They always blame GEJ and I know that once he reads this, he will settle the guy as a listening President that he is.

Up GEJ.
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by aniagoluaustin(m): 9:33am On Feb 08, 2015
dami24:
Hahaha... Why won't they dribble you. When it is umbrella you could come up with as logo
how come u b first to comment u read all those junk cum still b firsr or u just read d topic lol
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by crackhouse(m): 10:02am On Feb 08, 2015
For 17yrs you didn't talk, it is now you want to talk. Well it's very unfortunate that those people that were in PDP When u designed the logo have all move to APC. So u can go to APC and ask them for ur money. Goodluck wasn't there in PDP when u designed it and he doesn't know what u are talking. Go and meet Obasanjo in Otta farm.

Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by greatgeo(m): 11:22am On Feb 08, 2015
How much will you pay the man who invented the umbrella since you want the to reward you
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 08, 2015
acidtalk:
IF YOU DON'T KICK THEM OUT OF POWER THIS ELECTION THEY ARE LIKELY TO DRIBBLE YOUR NEXT 10 GENERATIONS YET UNBORN.

Fellow compatriots the time has come again to decide our future and the future of our generation even yet unborn.

In about a week from now, we will be taking a decision to determine how things will play out in our lives in the next four years and beyond.

Have you decided on who you want to trust in handling the Security, Economy, Youth Development, Healthcare, Education, and General improvement of the affairs of Nigeria and its citizens? If you haven’t now is the time to realize something.

1) We trusted the last 6years into the hands of a man who people felt his “luck” might bring Luck to the land because of the way he has always risen to power but unfortunately, one man’s favour from God isn’t enough to bring about solution to the land.

2) A man who travels abroad for the slightest flu while ignoring the healthcare system of the entire nation

3) A man whose 6years in power could boast of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

4) A man whose campaign was based on personal attacks on his opponent about events that too place OVER 30YEARS AGAIN. Whereas can not boast of achieving anything in the last 6years.

5) A man who claims he doesn’t give a DAMN about not declaring his assets and also claims STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION

6) A man who gallivants with corrupt past and present individuals while ignoring honest and upright individuals in the land.

7) A man who can defend supposed militants in the October 1st Abuja bomb attack only to come several years later to LIE that the same militants he defended years back attempted to kill him just because the militants are not in support of his government.

8 ) A man whose wife controls almost all critical national issues. Fellow Nigerians ask yourself this question and be honest about it; “can Michael Obama debate of political, security, and governance issue in America? But yet we see nothing wrong in Patience Jonathan peddling into national issues.

9) A man whose ONLY achievement in 6years is boasting of some outdated railway construction that 98% of the Nigerian population do not make use of.

10) A man who under his watch Nigeria can’t boast of a National Carrier yet he has 5 presidential jet to his name and has helped all his associated acquire theirs.

11) A country that sells forms to unemployed Nigerians only to DUPE the same JOBLESS youths as neither the government or the agencies have any job for the youths.

12) A country whose Universities were close for over 6 months and polytechnics for over a year.

13) A country whose medical health workers go on strike all year round leading to millions of people’s sudden death.

14) A country whose citizens die in their thousands on a weekly basis without the president saying or doing absolutely nothing yet the same president sends messages to a country who lost JUST 5 citizens.

15) A president who has emptied the countries foreign reserve and yet cooks up report to hide his elicit acts

The list is endless my fellow Nigerians. This is the time to end all religious and ethnic sentiments and vote in an upright man.
A man who has NO TRACE of any corruption activities and whose associates have all performed averagely well as governors in their various states.

LETS BE WISE. OUR FUTURE IS AT STAKE. WE CAN’T AFFORD TO WASTE THE NEXT FOUR YEARS AGAIN.

VOTE OUT JONATHAN EBELE AZIKIWE BECAUSE WE HAVE TESTED HIM AND HE PROVED HE ISN’T A MAN TO GIVE A SECOND CHANCE TO.
Foolish tribalist... wasnt OBJ a pdp president? Wea were u......
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by djfiifi(m): 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
Did you actually design it or copied it from Ghana's NDC Party
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 10, 2015
dami24:
Hahaha... Why won't they dribble you. When it is umbrella you could come up with as logo

Hahaha, OMG. Epic reply.
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by olajide8(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
criminalmindz:
MUMU WHO EVEN KNOW YOU. GO AND SLEEP JARE
tongue

Hahahahaha - you people point, one thing we point the truth and it pains you tongue tongue tongue - the truth will always prevail, no matter how long it takes - lost sheep - aturuu- your display name has said sufficiently enough about you- I guess if not for GEJ you would have still been robbing innocent people along lagos ibadan - abuja expressway- what does your type know children born yesterday- trying to distort history* tongue tongue
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2015
toyeoye:
please don't give up the fight to claim what's yours

You mean the umbrella?? grin grin
Re: PDP Keeps Dribbling Me, 17 Years After Designing Its Umbrella Logo – Gbenga Amob by Laid2001: 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
Beehshorp:
How much did buhari pay you?

Na News ooo.
How I wish I could lay my hand on some money for this from anyone!
I would have gladly collected it!

Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG / Precious Chikwendu Shares Photo With Jonathan / Shaibu Prayed For Omobayo Godwins To Be Higher Than Him, Months Ago

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73