Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint (20726 Views)

Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily / Why Online Forex Trading Is A Fraud. My Findings / The First Ever Contactless ATM Debit Cards In Nigeria Deplored By UBA PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by FrancaBee: 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
realnaijaboy:

Atleast they cared enough to ask how you would get to your destination. Oga, this your story just sounds very hollow. Why don't u tell us what REALLY happened?

If I know Nigerians well enough, they would rather use their plan B than go to the bank and wait in line. @egopersonified I've never heard od such an issue before and I refuse to believe that yours was unique.
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by ihotu: 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hmmm, I don't mean to sound like a UBA voltron but I must confess that they have one of the best customer support I've ever received both online and offline. I believe that you should have asked for a slip to enable you withdraw over the counter if they claim your CB was not valid, at most you would paid a token. Besides, there are various ways to verify you are the account holder and you should have stuck to your right instead of walking out.
rhames:
The most useless in terms of customer service. I had to close my account with the same bank when i was stranded in Lagos and went to withdraw some money there. Unfortunately, the cheque book issued by the same bank for more than a year was not ranged in their system. I actually walked out with the CSO people asking me how i will get back to my destination. I replied them that I had some back up just in case.
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by FrancaBee: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2015
ihotu:
That's exactly my point! This issue was not resolved because she came to rant on NairaLand and they just can't receive a directive from CBN or any powerful body and pay her like that. Firstly, there must have been other complaints before hers and you don't expect them to jump the line for her. Secondly, thorough investigation had to be made because you don't know how many people try to defraud the bank is such manner. So all I'm saying is whether or not she came to cry on nairaland, this issue would have been resolved and she would have definitely gotten her money back.

@egopersonified, issues like this cant just be resolved overnight. investigations must be carried out. we all know how the country is full of fraudsters, and a bank cannot just refund such a huge amount without due process, which in Nigeria amounts to a long time sadly especially as other bodies would be involved.
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by Joseph555: 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
egopersonified:

Agreed no one is above mistake, but when it is found out, it should be resolved. This issue was taken to CBN and they couldn't even make UBA pay. What happens to other Nigerians in similar situations who don't know how the internet works and can't complain online?

Now i see clearly, She goes to CBN for a year and nothing was done. Later, she went on twitter and started getting calls and messages. Hmmm this matter get k-leg. Doesnt add up. Others that dont know how to use the internet will still do the necessary that this madame most probably didnt do correctly before going to blab on social media.

1 Like

Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by rhames(m): 6:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
ihotu:
Hmmm, I don't mean to sound like a UBA voltron but I must confess that they have one of the best customer support I've ever received both online and offline. I believe that you should have asked for a slip to enable you withdraw over the counter if they claim your CB was not valid, at most you would paid a token. Besides, there are various ways to verify you are the account holder and you should have stuck to your right instead of walking out.

Paying the token was not my problem. How about cheques i was about to issue to business partners while in Lagos?
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by realnaijaboy: 6:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
rhames:

Paying the token was not my problem. How about cheques i was about to issue to business partners while in Lagos?

Truth is: that checkbook was never yours or this your fairytale never happened! That your story is too unintelligent jare. We all like to be seen as having our own 'war stories' to tell. What do u even take Nairalanders for sef? We may appear simple but we definitely aren't simpletons here. See hogwash!
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by pickabeau1: 6:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
SirSulieman:

Bingo!! that's the doorway for you to get robbed.

That being said i stand by UBA and say that they are prob the most reliable Bank i have baked with thus far.

Are u a bank baker
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by rhames(m): 6:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
realnaijaboy:

Atleast they cared enough to ask how you would get to your destination. Oga, this your story just sounds very hollow. Why don't u tell us what REALLY happened?

I have been using that same account before they acquired Continental Trust Bank where Ike Nwabuoku was MD then. However, i had no problem using it in Kaduna town for my transaction cos thats where i am based. But when the above incident happened in Lagos and i was made to wait for hours almost missing my flight back to Kaduna,. This happened in 2009. I came back to Kaduna and the Manager there advised that I request for a new cheque book. So its not a hollow story as you suggested.
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by realnaijaboy: 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
pickabeau1:

Are u a bank baker

Lmao!
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by realnaijaboy: 6:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
rhames:

I have been using that same account before they acquired Continental Trust Bank where Ike Nwabuoku was MD then. However, i had no problem using it in Kaduna town for my transaction cos thats where i am based. But when the above incident happened in Lagos and i was made to wait for hours almost missing my flight back to Kaduna,. This happened in 2009. I came back to Kaduna and the Manager there advised that I request for a new cheque book. This happened to me in 2013. So its not a hollow story as you suggested.

UBA consolidation took place in 2005 and FOUR years later, you went to withdraw with a CTB checkbook. A bank that ceased to exist FOUR WHOLE years before then? 'Smart' guy! Smh
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by rhames(m): 6:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
realnaijaboy:

Truth is: that checkbook was never yours or this your fairytale never happened! That your story is too unintelligent jare. We all like to be seen as having our own 'war stories' to tell. What do u even take Nairalanders for sef? We may appear simple but we definitely aren't simpletons here. See hogwash!

[b][/b]I have been using that same account before they acquired Continental Trust Bank where Ike Nwabuoku was MD then. However, i had no problem using it in Kaduna town for my transaction cos thats where i am based. But when the above incident happened in Lagos and i was made to wait for hours almost missing my flight back to Kaduna,. This happened in 2009. I came back to Kaduna and the Manager there advised that I request for a new cheque book. So its not a hollow story as you suggested.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by rhames(m): 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2015
realnaijaboy:

UBA consolidation took place in 2005 and FOUR years later, you went to withdraw with a CTB checkbook. A bank that ceased to exist FOUR WHOLE years before then? Smart guy! Smh

With a UBA Cheque that was not ranged in their system.
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by realnaijaboy: 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2015
rhames:

With a UBA Cheque that was not ranged in their system.

Oga calm down. Did this happen in 2009 or 2013? You seem confused as to the exact year. What do u mean a check wasn't 'ranged' on the system? I've never heard that term before. Are you sure your account was funded? There are too many inconsistencies in this story. Did you request for a counter check? Atleast that should be 'ranged' on their system, yeah?
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by rhames(m): 6:50pm On Feb 11, 2015
realnaijaboy:

Oga calm down. Did this happen in 2009 or 2013? You seem confused as to the exact year. What do u mean a check wasn't 'ranged' on the system? I've never heard that term before. Are you sure your account was funded? There are too many inconsistencies in this story. Did you request for a counter check? Atleast that should be 'ranged' on their system, yeah?

I was not the only one affected by the ranging problem in that branch. This happened in in 2009. The branch name is UBA Ali Akilu Road Kaduna. The cheque ranging problem was discovered on my business trip to Lagos where i tried withdrawing some money and was delayed for hours at their Oregun branch Lagos. The branch manager advised me to request for a new UBA checkbook instead of the one I was using which i did.
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by Coldplay007(f): 6:55pm On Feb 11, 2015
Too many UBA staff on this thread.. grin
Truth is UBA is the worst bank in the country right now, followed by Union bank... grin
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by realnaijaboy: 7:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
rhames:

I was not the only one affected by the ranging problem in that branch. This happened in in 2009. The branch name is UBA Ali Akilu Road Kaduna. The cheque ranging problem was discovered on my business trip to Lagos where i tried withdrawing some money and was delayed for hours at their Oregun branch Lagos. The branch manager advised me to request for a new UBA checkbook instead of the one I was using which i did.

And the counter check option?
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by rhames(m): 7:27pm On Feb 11, 2015
realnaijaboy:

And the counter check option?

was too expensive for me.
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by realnaijaboy: 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
rhames:

was too expensive for me.

How much were you charged?
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by rhames(m): 8:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
realnaijaboy:

How much were you charged?

N765.00
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by realnaijaboy: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2015
rhames:

N765.00

Lol

1 Like

Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by DBlackCeazer(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
banking with gtbank,and the experience ve not been too nice,they ve got rude female staffs at their ajah branch,one time I got a dispense error and was paid only fifty percent of the total after about a month,and now I suddenly noticed my available balance is about 15% short of the current balance.getting fed up.

1 Like

Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by Joseph555: 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
Coldplay007:
Too many UBA staff on this thread.. grin
Truth is UBA is the worst bank in the country right now, followed by Union bank... grin

What is the basis for your allegation? how does refunding a ladys' missing money as claimed make UBA the worst bank now? sigh....
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by SirSulieman: 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
pickabeau1:

Are u a bank baker

Its a simple typo. Banked or baked, i know you got the point. Thank you captain Obvious!!
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by OguOddiee: 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2015
realnaijaboy:

UBA consolidation took place in 2005 and FOUR years later, you went to withdraw with a CTB checkbook. A bank that ceased to exist FOUR WHOLE years before then? 'Smart' guy! Smh

That right there tells us that his story about the checkbook is bullcrap!!, as are a lot of other stories on this thread. apart from UBA and Stambic, i don't think there's any other bank i would consider banking with in the country.
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by OguOddiee: 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
Joseph555:

Now i see clearly, She goes to CBN for a year and nothing was done. Later, she went on twitter and started getting calls and messages. Hmmm this matter get k-leg. Doesnt add up. Others that dont know how to use the internet will still do the necessary that this madame most probably didnt do correctly before going to blab on social media.

@Joseph555, it really is annoying that a lot of people on this thread fail to take into account carelessness on the owners part. a bank would not just withdraw your cash and notify you as an online transaction or POS sale or whatever. the point is if you are careless with your cards, you would definitely get pinched. how in the world is that the banks fault?
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by pickabeau1: 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
SirSulieman:

Its a simple typo. Banked or baked, i know you got the point. Thank you captain Obvious!!

Please bake me a bank
I'm broke cry
Re: Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint by Daniel2032(m): 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
I'm sure This lady nairaland account was hack and the person who hack it has to post saying the bank has refunded her money, according to the statement of the refund, she would have said "the bank has refunded my money" not the way it was stated, i don't know if someone else is also seeing it from my point of view.

I'm smelling that this story is from another bank to run uba down, i have been using uba for 9years now and they are the best i can trust in nigeria and africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? / Six Silly Mistakes Business Owners Do / I Need Your Advise On A Business To Start With 10k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.