Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,977 members, 7,828,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

What's Your Take On This! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On This! (544 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Take On This! by J3da: 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
I Amaka,will not forgive myself if paul marries her....

I have known Joyce all my life. We grew up in the same neighbourhood and attended both primary and secondary school together.. We were inseperable and people often found it hard to believe that we were not related by blood...

We attended the famous Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka and we lived together.. .
We have lived like sisters for years now but something is about to tear us apart...

In my final year at the University, I met a banker called Paul and I can still remember that fateful day vividly. I had rushed into the bank to withdraw some money to pay for my departmental dues but I met an usual crowd. It was on a friday afternoon and the deadline for the payment of the dues. I was in a fix and didn't know what to do. J had travelled the previous week in preparation for her grandmother's burial and there was no one else to ask. My eyes were red. Paul was sitting at a corner, not too far from me and my eyes caught his. He beckoned me over with a wave and I walked to him reluctantly. All these stupid bankers, I thought to myself. I hated a lot of bankers then, because they seemed to be too full of themselves. He saw the tears in my eyes and asked if be could be of any help. I told him what the problem was and he collected my passbook. Some of the students saw him and began to yell, 'so what's the queue for? All these bankers and their stupid girlfriends'. He ignored them and helped me get the cash and we became friends afterwards...

Paul was a nice guy, quite different from many of the bankers I had met in the past and he did everything to catch my attention but I just wasn't interested. He was an Edo man and that was a no- no for me. He was also very short. I had always seen myself getting married to a tall, dark and handsome guy and a man from my tribe. To make matters worse, J didn't fancy him and she expressed her disapproval on the first day she set her eyes on him.

We left school and Paul still kept in touch. I rejected his proposal several times but he couldn't take no for an answer.

Paul got transferred to the lagos branch of his bank and I was the first to know. He was doing very well financially and I was so happy for him but I just couldn't bring myself to marry a short Edo man..

Months later, I found the man of my dreams' tall, dark and handsome and from my tribe too but with a terrible temper...

Hmm, life has a way of playing out things sha. One day, J went for a job interview in lagos and got stranded. She called to ask if I knew anyone that she could put up with and then I remembered paul! I hadn't spoken to him in weeks but he was glad to be of help when he heard about my friend' s predicament. J stayed with him for two days and I didn't worry about anything..... I was just happy that my friend and sister was in safe hands!

Days after, J called and started to say a lot of nice things about paul and I was happy to know that she had enjoyed her stay but when she didn't stop, I knew something was 'cracking'. At first, I didn't pay any attention but when she began to call and tell me how many times Paul called and chatted with her, I began to feel uneasy. J never liked Paul. She always called him a 'short man devil'. I couldn't understand the sudden change of heart...

Few weeks later, J called to tell me that paul was asking her for a relationship and she was going to say yes. Where was that coming from? I called Paul and he confirmed the whole story....

I really do not know to do now. But I feel betrayed.. J keeps uploading the pictures of her and Paul on facebook and I can't help but admit that I'm jealous.. just last week, she sent a text to tell me that Paul would be meeting her parents in a couple of weeks...

I am writing this in confusion! Should I be happy for my friend J? Is she really my friend? I have a tall, dark, sexy, guy waiting for me to say yes but I have learnt to look beyond physical looks now. My prince charming barks at the slightest provocation and he feels he is doing me a favour by wanting to marry me. He is rich, and handsome just like I have always wanted but there's something missing...

What do I do? Do I accept this new guy or fight back for Paul. Its crazy, I know but that's how I feel...

Please tallk to me....
Re: What's Your Take On This! by Eberex(m): 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
J3da:
I Amaka,will not forgive myself if paul marries her....

I have known Joyce all my life. We grew up in the same neighbourhood and attended both primary and secondary school together.. We were inseperable and people often found it hard to believe that we were not related by blood...

We attended the famous Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka and we lived together.. .
We have lived like sisters for years now but something is about to tear us apart...

In my final year at the University, I met a banker called Paul and I can still remember that fateful day vividly. I had rushed into the bank to withdraw some money to pay for my departmental dues but I met an usual crowd. It was on a friday afternoon and the deadline for the payment of the dues. I was in a fix and didn't know what to do. J had travelled the previous week in preparation for her grandmother's burial and there was no one else to ask. My eyes were red. Paul was sitting at a corner, not too far from me and my eyes caught his. He beckoned me over with a wave and I walked to him reluctantly. All these stupid bankers, I thought to myself. I hated a lot of bankers then, because they seemed to be too full of themselves. He saw the tears in my eyes and asked if be could be of any help. I told him what the problem was and he collected my passbook. Some of the students saw him and began to yell, 'so what's the queue for? All these bankers and their stupid girlfriends'. He ignored them and helped me get the cash and we became friends afterwards...

Paul was a nice guy, quite different from many of the bankers I had met in the past and he did everything to catch my attention but I just wasn't interested. He was an Edo man and that was a no- no for me. He was also very short. I had always seen myself getting married to a tall, dark and handsome guy and a man from my tribe. To make matters worse, J didn't fancy him and she expressed her disapproval on the first day she set her eyes on him.

We left school and Paul still kept in touch. I rejected his proposal several times but he couldn't take no for an answer.

Paul got transferred to the lagos branch of his bank and I was the first to know. He was doing very well financially and I was so happy for him but I just couldn't bring myself to marry a short Edo man..

Months later, I found the man of my dreams' tall, dark and handsome and from my tribe too but with a terrible temper...

Hmm, life has a way of playing out things sha. One day, J went for a job interview in lagos and got stranded. She called to ask if I knew anyone that she could put up with and then I remembered paul! I hadn't spoken to him in weeks but he was glad to be of help when he heard about my friend' s predicament. J stayed with him for two days and I didn't worry about anything..... I was just happy that my friend and sister was in safe hands!

Days after, J called and started to say a lot of nice things about paul and I was happy to know that she had enjoyed her stay but when she didn't stop, I knew something was 'cracking'. At first, I didn't pay any attention but when she began to call and tell me how many times Paul called and chatted with her, I began to feel uneasy. J never liked Paul. She always called him a 'short man devil'. I couldn't understand the sudden change of heart...

Few weeks later, J called to tell me that paul was asking her for a relationship and she was going to say yes. Where was that coming from? I called Paul and he confirmed the whole story....

I really do not know to do now. But I feel betrayed.. J keeps uploading the pictures of her and Paul on facebook and I can't help but admit that I'm jealous.. just last week, she sent a text to tell me that Paul would be meeting her parents in a couple of weeks...

I am writing this in confusion! Should I be happy for my friend J? Is she really my friend? I have a tall, dark, sexy, guy waiting for me to say yes but I have learnt to look beyond physical looks now. My prince charming barks at the slightest provocation and he feels he is doing me a favour by wanting to marry me. He is rich, and handsome just like I have always wanted but there's something missing...

What do I do? Do I accept this new guy or fight back for Paul. Its crazy, I know but that's how I feel...

Please tallk to me....

I feel for you but the milk has been spilled. Don't try and do anything silly, ok? You had your chance and you didnt take it. It is human what you are feeling , and it is far worse because she is your best friend.

My advice: Ask God for help, to give you a heart that would accept and forgive whatever is happening. If not, my dear, you will continue to feel uncomfortable just by thinking about it.

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of A Youth Corper -episode 3 / Marry A Girl Because You Love Her Or Marry A Girl Because It's Will Of God / Do Midgets Have Night Vision?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.