Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) (30457 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Reacts To Quit Notice Given To Igbos By Arewa Youths / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Ultimatum To Igbos By Northern Youths / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Arsenal's Victory Over Liverpool Using Apc's Slogan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by msmon(m): 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
The former VP shared his fears on twitter..

https://mobile.twitter.com/atiku

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by enoqueen: 2:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
he is part of the problem we are facing now.

if he hasn't wanted to get to power by all means obj wouldn't av brought clueless jona in. shocked shocked

THUNDER AWAITS ANYONE THAT QUOTES ME.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by mrvitalis(m): 2:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
enoqueen:

if he hasn't wanted to get to power by all means obj wouldn't av brought clueless jona in. shocked shocked

u are very right and he would have done far better than jonathan believe me

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by obailala(m): 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
Atiku is absolutely right.. There's been a free-fall of the Naira since this week following the uncertainty of the shifted elections... As at last week, the official pound rate was still about N285 = £1... Now it is N305 and still falling.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Boss13: 2:15pm On Feb 10, 2015
Atiku is right. Economic prospects hangs on the outcome of the election. Investors and even local manufacturers are planning around the election results. The postponement will further delay economic activities.

22 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by enoqueen: 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrvitalis:

yeah

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by msmon(m): 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
Can you just imagine? In fact, the challenges ahead is more than we can imagine.
Cc: lalasticlala, obinoscopy, seun.
obailala:
Atiku is absolutely right.. There's been a free-fall of the Naira since this week following the uncertainty of the shifted elections... As at last week, the official pound rate was still about N285 = £1... Now it is N305 and still falling.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
shocked so a pound is more than 300 naira now
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by mrmetoo1: 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
Even on a personal level, I've had two potential investors tell me that we should wait till after elections to continue talking. This was last week, so I was already getting excited because I thought this will be over next week and we'll at least be able to proceed positive or negative. Now I have to wait another six weeks unless they say otherwise. On my side gig, we've been helping one of these popular record companies build a platform for a talent show, it was supposed to kick off in January but they decided against it because they thought everyone's attention right now is on the election so they decided to move it to March now election has been postponed to that March. A couple of friends too I've spoken to are confused about some deals they've put off till after election whether to go ahead and try to quickly do stuff before election or wait for another six weeks.

Again this is personal, so I can imagine whats going on a way larger scale, its definitely going to affect the economy. Actually one of the "big men" I'm talking to actually said the reason he's telling to wait till after election is because a deal he too is working on is being frustrated by people asking him to donate money for campaign so he's trying to stall till after election to go ahead. Now we all have six more weeks

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Osyfellaini(f): 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
Very well said Turaki...
The more reason Nigerians need CHANGE. Vote APC. cheesy

25 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by madridguy(m): 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2015
Let wait till March but I am very sure of CHANGE cos we all need it.

15 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
undecided

RETURN YOUR LOOT BEFORE GOING TO RANT ON TWITTER. IF NIGERIA CAN RECOVER WHAT YOU STOLE AND USE IT FOR INDUSTRIALISATION, THOSE JOBS YOU ARE SCREAMING ABOUT WILL BE CREATED. BUNCH OF OLD THIEVES undecided

50 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by kayboy4y(m): 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
Atiku again

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by ProfessorPP(m): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
NO ROOM FOR ELECTION MANIPULATIONS. NIGERIA MUST CHANGE! MEENWHY, ATIKU HIM SELF IS PART OF NIJA WAHALA. NO DOUBT ABOUT DAT!
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by anytexy: 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
who is Atiku? I hope is not one of those PDP Past Association of Criminals APc. if he is the one he does not worth my comment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by OtunbaJega: 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
Atiku is so on point. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Eluwilussit(m): 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrvitalis:

If Atiku would have done better than Jonathan, he certainly will be better than Buhari. Why didn't APC go for him then? Hypocrites.

It is natural all over the world,in election periods, investments hang. People are cautious because of policy change.

15 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by seunwen2(m): 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nigeria don suffer
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by howfarwhatagwan: 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
God bless you Atiku you couldn't have said it better our economy.... is on the verge. Most people are refusing to invest until after elections...

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by oakson: 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2015
This is what happens when a man considers himself first before over 170 million others

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by atlwireles: 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2015
Just imagine what an inconclusive election will do to the economy. What you're seeing now will be a child's play.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by IrunOBO: 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2015
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by acidtalk: 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2015
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Abayhormy(m): 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2015
everybody supporting Jonathan should read this link, look at this Hydrelectric Dam, the cost, an think of the missing billions of dollars under Jonathanand be truly objective about the well being of Nigeria under Jonathan and PDP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Ethiopian_Renaissance_Dam

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by privatetisa(m): 3:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
Change is the most common feature in the entire uuniverse. Continuity is a very temporary phenomenon in the universe. We have continued long enough with the PDP. It's high time we had the long overdue change in Nigeria.
This is another opportunity that we shouldn't miss in this country again. We had missed many good opportunities of having or retaining good leaders in the past. These were people that would have turned the lot of this country around for good - especially for we the masses. We shouldn't forget how the few elites who wanted (and still want) to keep the masses of Nigeria perpetually poor, disillusioned and subjected to them denied us of Murtala, Awolowo, Buhari/Idiagbon, Abiola, Fawehinmi and many other masses-oriented leaders in the past.
The masses of Nigeria, let's not be deceived again. God won't come down to better this country for us. It is the 'good' people he had constantly brought our way that he intends to use to better our lot. All the prayers you have been praying in your churches, mosques, shrines, synagogues, etc, have always been answered with the good leaders he has never failed to bring your way. But a section of the country is bent on stopping the process of bettering our lot in this part of the world. Wake up my people. Nigerian masses, wise up. Stop being deceived. Stop being lured into deeper and deeper suffering and abject poverty. Your God will only provide the way for you. He won't carry your legs to walk the path. Because you are a being with consciousness and freewill.
The Israelites prayed for a deliverer. But when they had one in Moses, they rejected him saying he was a murderer, a stammerer, a vagabond, a runaway and the likes. But thank goodness for them, they never allowed the golden opportunity to pass them by.
Peter rejected Cornelius saying he belonged to the unclean race. He did know that his God used whatever he liked.
I have always known that it's the same cabal that has been keeping us down that our God will use to liberate us. I have always believed that a day will come when their camp will be thrown into disarray and they will on their own install a leader that will liberate the masses of Nigeria - without them realising what they are doing until we have been set free. Your remember the Pharaoh and the Israelites?
WE NEED THIS CHANGE RIGHT AWAY. It's another golden opportunity that we shouldn't allow to pass us by again.
The whole world look onto us to effect this change. It's only that they can't openly show their interest in that regard. But their body language really suggests that. America has been avoiding Nigeria like an Ebola patient for about three years now. They stopped buying our fuel; yet, they are still buying from some African countries, for example, Angola. They refused to help with the Chibok girls. They are blocking us from purchasing weapons to fight the insurgency. And you don't believe that there is more to it? This same America is very much interested in our elections. What do you think the reason is? Think!
Everybody all over the world wants Nigeria to experience this change. Ordinarily, the west won't support a radical like Buhari to preside over a strategic nation like Nigeria. But the overriding need for this change surpasses their sentiment.
COME MARCH 28, LET'S ALL GO OUT AND PEACEFULLY VOTE FOR THE CHANGE THAT OUR COUNTRY NEEDS. VOTE FOR BUHARI. VOTE FOR THE BETTERMENT OF OUR LOT.
Forget tribalism! Set aside religious sentiment! Embrace this onset of a sincere and certain ride to an all- inclusive, prosperous Nigeria.
Please rebroadcast to as many as you can and be a part of the movement to a better Nigeria for us all. Thanks a great deal as you join this historic train. - DeProf.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by DesChyko: 3:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
enoqueen:

Odd statement.
If he'ld have been better why didn't he win under APC?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by criminalmindz: 3:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
THIS THE PROBLEM WITH ATIKU, EVERYTHING AND EVERYTIME MONEY, MONEY,MONEY. SELFISH, GREEDY THIEF.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by mustaphagreens(m): 3:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
cheesy
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by criminalmindz: 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

RETURN YOUR LOOT BEFORE GOING TO RANT ON TWITTER. IF NIGERIA CAN RECOVER WHAT YOU STOLE AND USE IT FOR INDUSTRIALISATION, THOSE JOBS YOU ARE SCREAMING ABOUT WILL BE CREATED. BUNCH OF OLD THIEVES undecided

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Vicotex(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
When APC was chanting Change! Change!! Change!!! we want Change...INEC got the wrong message and changed the date of elections.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Abayhormy(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
everybody supporting Jonathan should read this link, look at this Hydro-electric Dam, the cost, an think of the missing billions of dollars and be truly objective about the well being of Nigeria under Jonathan and PDP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Ethiopian_Renaissance_Dam

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of PDP Campaign In Wudil Local Government Kano State / Pandora Papers: How Governor Bagudu Amassed Billions And How He Is Hiding It / Highlights Of 2015 APC Campaign Promises In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.