Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) (30476 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Reacts To Quit Notice Given To Igbos By Arewa Youths / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Ultimatum To Igbos By Northern Youths / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Arsenal's Victory Over Liverpool Using Apc's Slogan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by olahero(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
K
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by mickeymimi: 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
well said
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by criminalmindz: 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
obailala:
Atiku is absolutely right.. There's been a free-fall of the Naira since this week following the uncertainty of the shifted elections... As at last week, the official pound rate was still about N285 = £1... Now it is N305 and still falling.

LIES AND PROPANGADA
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by hectorswag(m): 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
He's no different from them, so what's the need?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by DesChyko: 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
obailala:
Atiku is absolutely right.. There's been a free-fall of the Naira since this week following the uncertainty of the shifted elections... As at last week, the official pound rate was still about N285 = £1... Now it is N305 and still falling.

What is the impact of this change in your life so far?
An honest answer please. How has this negatively affected your cost of living?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by expert1000: 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
ATIKU sit down and consume ur embezzled wealth.Free us.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by sleemfesh: 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
So do we because we need to get investors in faster compromise the election and put the country at risk?
Do we no care about the 700k+ election officials that should be taken care of. It is personal cos I have someone among them.

mrmetoo1:
Even on a personal level, I've had two potential investors tell me that we should wait till after elections to continue talking. This was last week, so I was already getting excited because I thought this will be over next week and we'll at least be able to proceed positive or negative. Now I have to wait another six weeks unless they say otherwise. On my side gig, we've been helping one of these popular record companies build a platform for a talent show, it was supposed to kick off in January but they decided against it because they thought everyone's attention right now is on the election so they decided to move it to March now election has been postponed to that March. A couple of friends too I've spoken to are confused about some deals they've put off till after election whether to go ahead and try to quickly do stuff before election or wait for another six weeks.

Again this is personal, so I can imagine whats going on a way larger scale, its definitely going to affect the economy. Actually one of the "big men" I'm talking to actually said the reason he's telling to wait till after election is because a deal he too is working on is being frustrated by people asking him to donate money for campaign so he's trying to stall till after election to go ahead. Now we all have six more weeks
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by wazobiaN9(m): 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
enoqueen:
he is part of the problem we are facing now.

if he hasn't wanted to get to power by all means obj wouldn't av brought clueless jona in. shocked shocked

THUNDER AWAITS ANYONE THAT QUOTES ME.

Very happy and quick to quote you.

However, it is at a risk, not from thunder, but from bullets flying at me courtesy of your poor grammatical articulation grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by zaragoza(m): 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Really don't know what to say........don't know if it wld be out of place to say dat FG abi na INEC shld start paying compensations. This election shift amidst the uncertainty surrounding wether it wld be further postponed is really having a domino effect on nigerians and on the economy.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by sylve11: 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Osyfellaini:
Very well said Turaki...
The more reason Nigerians need CHANGE. Vote APC. cheesy

......as if he's not part of the problem(s) we are facing today. cool
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by latola05(m): 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
enoqueen:

if he hasn't wanted to get to power by all means obj wouldn't av brought clueless jona in. shocked shocked

First of all, thunder no go fire me oooo grin Actually, you are partially correct but OBJ had the opportunity to impose a better candidate on us. It is unfortunate that we are still operating at this point in Nigeria. Government at all levels have failed us, if this coming election can only be free and fair. Anyone that emerges will surely make Nigeria a better place to live, be it Jonathan OR MARCH4BUHARI.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by johnwell(m): 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Vicotex:
When APC was chanting Change! Change!! Change!!! we want Change...INEC got the wrong message and changed the date of elections.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Is it their fault? Maybe they misunderstood the message!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by AreaFada2: 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Osyfellaini:
Very well said Turaki...
The more reason Nigerians need CHANGE. Vote APC. cheesy

All na wash. High dollar rate may be good for our economy. We need to export more, agro products in particular.
Foreign investors who wanted to repatriate money would have done soon by Feb 14th too. All investors knew GEJ's current term ends on 29th of May. Nothing has changed.

Because we now produce more food locally, inflation has been relatively modest.

In recent years, the pound lost about 20% against the Euro. UK Businessmen welcomed it and used the chance to export more.

This will only become a problem for investors if the opposition continue threatening fire & brimstone.
Then investors would sense serious crisis if opposition should lose the election.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by jaybee3(m): 3:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
Atiku is bang on point!

This is the real effect that some of us have been shouting all along but yet the knuckleheads won't stop shouting GEJ till eternity

Things are only going to get worse
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by criminalmindz: 3:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
jaybee3:
Atiku is bang on point!

This is the real effect that some of us have been shouting all along but yet the knuckleheads won't stop shouting GEJ till eternity

Things are only going to get worse

GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ
GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ GEJ
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
Atiku spoke like a businessman and statesman. I like it when they are not insultive.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by anonimi: 3:13pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrvitalis:
u are very right and he would have done far better than jonathan believe me

The barawo himsef would have done better in what exactly please

BTW, how many jobs and investments were created when he and OBJ were in power for eight years?
What was our corruption rating by Transparency International under their watch?

But under the Jonathan/Sambo team our country has prospered by leaps & bounds

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2077628_BNGI782FMSI1G20150108171624_jpge5bb24791334f05106b071c3170d959d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2085409_hh_jpeg07b0e6e05a4624e7545331a83b844508
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Meiji(m): 3:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
Not sure the government of the day cares. Economic downturn or not, the idiots at the National Assembly will still get paid.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by stildude(m): 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Even on a personal level, I've had two potential investors tell me that we should wait till after elections to continue talking. This was last week, so I was already getting excited because I thought this will be over next week and we'll at least be able to proceed positive or negative. Now I have to wait another six weeks unless they say otherwise. On my side gig, we've been helping one of these popular record companies build a platform for a talent show, it was supposed to kick off in January but they decided against it because they thought everyone's attention right now is on the election so they decided to move it to March now election has been postponed to that March. A couple of friends too I've spoken to are confused about some deals they've put off till after election whether to go ahead and try to quickly do stuff before election or wait for another six weeks.

Again this is personal, so I can imagine whats going on a way larger scale, its definitely going to affect the economy. Actually one of the "big men" I'm talking to actually said the reason he's telling to wait till after election is because a deal he too is working on is being frustrated by people asking him to donate money for campaign so he's trying to stall till after election to go ahead. Now we all have six more weeks
are the fears those of the election day or the possible chaotic situation that may arise if any of the major contenders don't call their dogs to order if he loses. It serves the economy and nation well to shift the elections and have a peaceful nation than to be stampeded into it and have doomsday prophesies come to pass. Atiku's view is like telling FG to undermine a public holiday for the sake of him cashing a cheque on same day. Govt is a business of making decision that benefits the majority of the people.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
criminalmindz:

LIES AND PROPANGADA

Naira hits new record low, falls N199 to a dollar, N212 in BDCs
http://www.today.ng/business/naira-hits-new-record-low-falls-n199-to-a-dollar-n212-in-bdcs/
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by ProsperUSA: 3:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
Abayhormy:
everybody supporting Jonathan should read this link, look at this Hydro-electric Dam, the cost, an think of the missing billions of dollars and be truly objective about the well being of Nigeria under Jonathan and PDP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Ethiopian_Renaissance_Dam

I am not supporting Jona and I've visited d link. So wot now?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Meiji(m): 3:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
Eluwilussit:

If Atiku would have done better than Jonathan, he certainly will be better than Buhari. Why didn't APC go for him then? Hypocrites.

It is natural all over the world,in election periods, investments hang. People are cautious because of policy change.

You're supporting his point. That is the more reason why the elections should have been conducted quickly and gotten over with.

Meanwhile "APC didn't go for him" because the primaries were a free and fair contest won by Buhari. If APC top shots had decided to give it to him, people like you would have turned round and accused them of "lack of internal democracy".

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by mrmetoo1: 3:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
sleemfesh:
So do we because we need to get investors in faster compromise the election and put the country at risk?
Do we no care about the 700k+ election officials that should be taken care of. It is personal cos I have someone among them.

So the topic of this thread is that the postponement will affect the economy, all I did was share how it affects my "economy". I was using my example to show how its going to affect the economy as a whole because I can imagine that there are countless other folks in a similar situation including you. Nowhere did I mention risking the lives of the officials. Again going with the topic, does it have the potential to have a negative impact on the economy? answer is YES, regardless of whether the postponement was done with good or bad intentions.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by deletrue: 3:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrvitalis:

u are very right and he would have done far better than jonathan believe me
so you want thunder to fire you abi? The man say thunder go fire any person down wey quote ham. Abi you nor read ham?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by stildude(m): 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
^^^^
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by anonimi: 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
kITATITA:
Naira hits new record low, falls N199 to a dollar, N212 in BDCs
http://www.today.ng/business/naira-hits-new-record-low-falls-n199-to-a-dollar-n212-in-bdcs/

Same fate as another oil-dependent giant, Russia:

Rouble in freefall despite rate hike

More from: http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/dec/16/russian-rouble-hits-new-all-time-low

Perhaps if we spent more time being creative and adding value instead of waiting for dash dash handouts or jobs for salary ONLY not for real work, we may reduce the impact of the fall in Niger Delta oil revenue, not so?

What did OBJ & Athief'kuu do to DIVERSIFY our economy all their eight years in power compared to what Jonathan/Sambo have done in five years
That is the question to be asked & comparion to be made by reasonable citizens, not so?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2106456_gejmasstransit_jpeg06b55da820f2af18e1bb27b70dfeb165

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2106458_gejagriculture_jpeg5f4012ee9110a1fae83d39384dea74b8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2098905_agriculturereform_jpega059f1921e04629987b0d142212d4df7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2111888_gejmarine_jpeg7069dabb5f242b4696c384c8a14bbb14

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by BirdmanXxCash: 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
when will naira rise
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Skywalker5(m): 3:23pm On Feb 10, 2015
obailala:

OMG you are right. last weekend it was 283 when i wanted to use western union. Now western union is saying its N301. Wow, this is serious ooooo. This clueless president is just ridiculous. He wants to bankrupt Nigeria before he leaves.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by halimat38(f): 3:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
enoqueen:

me i will qoute you,may Amadioha struck you pieces,all you guys have in Nigeria is bad mouth that you people are using to destroy yourselves....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From ICC Abuja As Buhari Receives Certificate / Adams Oshiomhole Emerges As BRACED Chairman / Stop Developing Abuja, Kano - Okorocha Tells Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.