Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) (30478 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Reacts To Quit Notice Given To Igbos By Arewa Youths / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Ultimatum To Igbos By Northern Youths / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Arsenal's Victory Over Liverpool Using Apc's Slogan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by halimat38(f): 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2015
enoqueen:
he is part of the problem we are facing now.

if he hasn't wanted to get to power by all means obj wouldn't av brought clueless jona in. shocked shocked

THUNDER AWAITS ANYONE THAT QUOTES ME.

me i will qoute you,may Amadioha struck you pieces,all you guys have in Nigeria is bad mouth that you people are using to destroy yourselves.... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by 989900: 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
Welcome inflation. In other words, N18,000 ($119) minimum wage last year June = $85 now.

Investor that had N10,000,000 ($66,200) in his account last June, now has $48k roughly=lost roughly $18k doing nothing . . .who no go run?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by anonimi: 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
BirdmanXxCash:
when will naira rise

When our 36 state governors deliver on

- free primary & secondary education for ALL our children.
- TAP water to ALL households and business premises.
- well maintained and continuously expanding network of FEEDER roads.
- adequately staffed and properly equipped primary health clinics and general hospitals

instead of stealing our money and sending it to Ghana, Dubai, Malaysia, UK etc while we the citizens rot in hellish Nigeria and they DECEIVE us all that our problems are caused by WHOEVER the president is ONLY shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2056178_buharrriii_jpegfa72c16ad1c41e9eed450be7ddf57e53
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by eleko1: 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2015
U are on point.Only those useless saTANist hate the truth.Make thunder fire their blokos.
enoqueen:

if he hasn't wanted to get to power by all means obj wouldn't av brought clueless jona in. shocked shocked

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by anonimi: 3:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
eleko1:
U are on point.Only those useless saTANist hate the truth.Make thunder fire their blokos.

I thought Atiku Abubakar is one those in APC after they found no space in the progressively transforming PDP

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
As usual, the saTanBrains will attack the messenger and completely ignore the mesage! Completely turned Nairaland into a forum made for dumbos! All I can jst do this days is shake my head in pity and disgust when I read the gutter that ends up here.

Change is inevitable sha.

SaiBuhari.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by mrmetoo1: 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
stildude:
are the fears of the election day or the possible chaotic situation that may arise if any of the major contenders don't call their dogs to order if he loses. It serves the economy and nation well to shift the elections and have a peaceful nation than to be stampeded into it and have doomsday prophesies come to pass. Atiku view is like telling FG to undermine a public holiday for sake of him cashing a cheque on same day. Govt is a business of making decision that benefits the majority of the people.

Again I understand that the shift may be beneficial to everyone in the long run but my point is it'll affect the economy regardless. Six weeks might seem short but a lot can change in six weeks and may affect the fortunes of a company negatively especially for start-ups. I'll give an example again, for my side gig, the deal we had was to fund the building of the platform and then share profit. So we only allocated funds to build and run for 2 months before we start recouping our investment, now we had to go back and raise more money to keep running it for an extra month because it was shifted from January to the start of March. Now we have to go back and raise more to keep it running till whenever we decide to shift it to because I'm sure it won't start in March again.

The way you're looking at it is quite simplistic
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by deletrue: 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Even on a personal level, I've had two potential investors tell me that we should wait till after elections to continue talking. This was last week, so I was already getting excited because I thought this will be over next week and we'll at least be able to proceed positive or negative. Now I have to wait another six weeks unless they say otherwise. On my side gig, we've been helping one of these popular record companies build a platform for a talent show, it was supposed to kick off in January but they decided against it because they thought everyone's attention right now is on the election so they decided to move it to March now election has been postponed to that March. A couple of friends too I've spoken to are confused about some deals they've put off till after election whether to go ahead and try to quickly do stuff before election or wait for another six weeks.

Again this is personal, so I can imagine whats going on a way larger scale, its definitely going to affect the economy. Actually one of the "big men" I'm talking to actually said the reason he's telling to wait till after election is because a deal he too is working on is being frustrated by people asking him to donate money for campaign so he's trying to stall till after election to go ahead. Now we all have six more weeks
Go and tell your friends that the reasons behind the shift of the election rime table is to disorganise apc over five million cow and imported persons to rig elwction; is to get enough time to proscute Buhari for forgery and perjury; is to continue to make Buhari a laughing stock: to tell apc that they are all learners: to tell apc members, especially Buhari so that his BP will run faster so as the decrease the size of neck from half inch rod to rope size etc.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by mrmetoo1: 3:35pm On Feb 10, 2015
deletrue:
Go and tell your friends that the reasons behind the shift of the election rime table is to disorganise apc over five million cow and imported persons to rig elwction; is to get enough time to proscute Buhari for forgery and perjury; is to continue to make Buhari a laughing stock: to tell apc that they are all learners: to tell apc members, especially Buhari so that his BP will run faster so as the decrease the size of neck from half inch rod to rope size etc.

A couple of people have responded to my post and I've tried my best to understand their points and respond accordingly but that you wrote up there is just very confusing to me.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by 9jagoodman: 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
madridguy:
Let wait till March but I am very sure of CHANGE cos we all need it.

Na only you need that kind of Change. I do not need the APC kind of Change.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by stildude(m): 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Again I understand that the shift may be beneficial to everyone in the long run but my point is it'll affect the economy regardless. Six weeks might seem short but a lot can change in six weeks and may affect the fortunes of a company negatively especially for start-ups. I'll give an example again, for my side gig, the deal we had was to fund the building of the platform and then share profit. So we only allocated funds to build and run for 2 months before we start recouping our investment, now we had to go back and raise more money to keep running it for an extra month because it was shifted from January to the start of March. Now we have to go back and raise more to keep it running till whenever we decide to shift it to because I'm sure it won't start in March again.

The way you're looking at it is quite simplistic
I might also think you are being selfish in your view. There won't be any business of building if we were to have an outbreak of war. Only business of destruction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by thewarrior72: 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
privatetisa:
Change is the most common feature in the entire uuniverse. Continuity is a very temporary phenomenon in the universe. We have continued long enough with the PDP. It's high time we had the long overdue change in Nigeria.
This is another opportunity that we shouldn't miss in this country again. We had missed many good opportunities of having or retaining good leaders in the past. These were people that would have turned the lot of this country around for good - especially for we the masses. We shouldn't forget how the few elites who wanted (and still want) to keep the masses of Nigeria perpetually poor, disillusioned and subjected to them denied us of Murtala, Awolowo, Buhari/Idiagbon, Abiola, Fawehinmi and many other masses-oriented leaders in the past.
The masses of Nigeria, let's not be deceived again. God won't come down to better this country for us. It is the 'good' people he had constantly brought our way that he intends to use to better our lot. All the prayers you have been praying in your churches, mosques, shrines, synagogues, etc, have always been answered with the good leaders he has never failed to bring your way. But a section of the country is bent on stopping the process of bettering our lot in this part of the world. Wake up my people. Nigerian masses, wise up. Stop being deceived. Stop being lured into deeper and deeper suffering and abject poverty. Your God will only provide the way for you. He won't carry your legs to walk the path. Because you are a being with consciousness and freewill.
The Israelites prayed for a deliverer. But when they had one in Moses, they rejected him saying he was a murderer, a stammerer, a vagabond, a runaway and the likes. But thank goodness for them, they never allowed the golden opportunity to pass them by.
Peter rejected Cornelius saying he belonged to the unclean race. He did know that his God used whatever he liked.
I have always known that it's the same cabal that has been keeping us down that our God will use to liberate us. I have always believed that a day will come when their camp will be thrown into disarray and they will on their own install a leader that will liberate the masses of Nigeria - without them realising what they are doing until we have been set free. Your remember the Pharaoh and the Israelites?
WE NEED THIS CHANGE RIGHT AWAY. It's another golden opportunity that we shouldn't allow to pass us by again.
The whole world look onto us to effect this change. It's only that they can't openly show their interest in that regard. But their body language really suggests that. America has been avoiding Nigeria like an Ebola patient for about three years now. They stopped buying our fuel; yet, they are still buying from some African countries, for example, Angola. They refused to help with the Chibok girls. They are blocking us from purchasing weapons to fight the insurgency. And you don't believe that there is more to it? This same America is very much interested in our elections. What do you think the reason is? Think!
Everybody all over the world wants Nigeria to experience this change. Ordinarily, the west won't support a radical like Buhari to preside over a strategic nation like Nigeria. But the overriding need for this change surpasses their sentiment.
COME MARCH 28, LET'S ALL GO OUT AND PEACEFULLY VOTE FOR THE CHANGE THAT OUR COUNTRY NEEDS. VOTE FOR BUHARI. VOTE FOR THE BETTERMENT OF OUR LOT.
Forget tribalism! Set aside religious sentiment! Embrace this onset of a sincere and certain ride to an all- inclusive, prosperous Nigeria.
Please rebroadcast to as many as you can and be a part of the movement to a better Nigeria for us all. Thanks a great deal as you join this historic train. - DeProf.
Ranting of ant...next please!!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by eleko1: 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2015
shocked ANONIMI the defender of TANist,u don follow me reach here?
anonimi:

I thought Atiku Abubakar is one those in APC after they found no space in the progressively transforming PDP
How u dey? Still believe U'll leave that useless party wey nor get better future/good governance for the pipu.Sai BUHARI,Sai ANONIMI,SAI APC,Sai NIG grin
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2015
Feasibility study report / business plan on Home delivery of Cooking gas in Nigeria for sale.

The company would supply about 70 cylinder of 12.5 kg weight per day through personalized cylinder pick-up and delivery services to our client's doorstep with our vehicles.   The required startup capital estimate of the business is N 5,933,000.00 ($40, 000) and it would be funded either by Equity or 100% loan.  The loan would be used to finance our purchase on installation of the production plant and the working capital. We expect to generate a net profit after tax of N 3,359,730.42 ($19, 763), N 3,627,832.26($21, 340) and N 3,986,509.08 ($23, 450) in the first, second and third year with the repayment plan of three {3} years with moratorium period of three {3} months. The assumed interest rate for the loan is 25%.

The modified business model in which would adopt is exactly what is obtainable in UAE, New Zealand, Australia and UK and I have conducted a feasibility study which is attached to this mail for your perusal and evaluations

An online retail platform which would be integrated with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) sytems and a HDM (Home Delivery Management) application so that we can provide our customers with Quick and Professional customer experiences.

This Feasibility study is exactly what is needed to access Loans or investors and it contains a viability report also. every smart business man should endeavour he conducts a viability analysis of his idea so he knows how viable and commercial his Idea is and that is what banks and investors want to see

all this are included in this report which I would sell for 40k only to 3persons from different states.
payment would be made only after seeing and inspecting the document.

if interested, please call 08029716876.

Williams

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Eluwilussit(m): 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2015
Meiji:

You're supporting his point. That is the more reason why the elections should have been conducted quickly and gotten over with.

Meanwhile "APC didn't go for him" because the primaries were a free and fair contest won by Buhari. If APC top shots had decided to give it to him, people like you would have turned round and accused them of "lack of internal democracy".

I like atiku for his business acumen. See what the man has achieved with his stolen wealth. More people oriented.

Honestly, my problems with Buhari is the fact that he was not disciplined as an officer. Disciplined officers don't get involved in coups. He is too old. He's not economically sound. What has the general achieved within the last 29 years? Without quota, Buhari wouldn't have achieved anything.

As we age, our faculties wane. Hypocritical Fashola said tha Jimmi Agbaje is too old to rule Lagos at 57 and all APC said, yeah. But at 72, Buhari represents change, same APC said yeah. Isn't that double standards at work? Who is fooling who?

I will prefer Atiku to all of them. At least he was once an honest officer-talking about the 53 suitcases. Atiku sacrificed his political goodwill to stop Obasanjo from foisting a third term on us. If Atiku was good enough for VP, he's certainly good enough for the presidency. Today, I rep the Turaki of Adamawa.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by madridguy(m): 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2015
9jagoodman:

Na only you need that kind of Change. I do not need the APC kind of Change.

OK
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by anonimi: 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
eleko1:
shocked ANONIMI the defender of TANist,u don follow me reach here?How u dey? Still believe U'll leave that useless party wey nor get better future/good governance for the pipu.Sai BUHARI,Sai ANONIMI,SAI APC,Sai NIG grin

Won't you agree that only a fool will leave the frying pan to jump inside the fire

I don see BETTER by far with Jonathan/Sambo team na wetin I want go find for Thief'nuibu cabal's APCheat.

https://www.nairaland.com/2117791/achievements-jonathan-sambo-administration-pictures

Oya make you tell me wetin Ogbeni Ojuyobo don do since 1999 to make Lagos state and our country improve in a sustainable way?
I dey wait oh!
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by obailala(m): 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2015
criminalmindz:

LIES AND PROPANGADA
Is this the new form of delusion?

If you have internet access to send a reply on Nairaland, I believe you should also have access to Google; or are you just playing dumb for any particular reason?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by poiZon: 3:52pm On Feb 10, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Even on a personal level, I've had two potential investors tell me that we should wait till after elections to continue talking. This was last week, so I was already getting excited because I thought this will be over next week and we'll at least be able to proceed positive or negative. Now I have to wait another six weeks unless they say otherwise. On my side gig, we've been helping one of these popular record companies build a platform for a talent show, it was supposed to kick off in January but they decided against it because they thought everyone's attention right now is on the election so they decided to move it to March now election has been postponed to that March. A couple of friends too I've spoken to are confused about some deals they've put off till after election whether to go ahead and try to quickly do stuff before election or wait for another six weeks.

Again this is personal, so I can imagine whats going on a way larger scale, its definitely going to affect the economy. Actually one of the "big men" I'm talking to actually said the reason he's telling to wait till after election is because a deal he too is working on is being frustrated by people asking him to donate money for campaign so he's trying to stall till after election to go ahead. Now we all have six more weeks

so that means afta election BOOOOOOOOOOM dollar will be equals 2naira n economy go full naija basket, hmmm chai ............. abeg hw i fit laugh for chinchong?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by DeRuggedProf: 3:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
enoqueen:

I concur!
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by obailala(m): 3:57pm On Feb 10, 2015
DesChyko:

What is the impact of this change in your life so far?
An honest answer please. How has this negatively affected your cost of living?

Are you by any means trying to argue that an almost N20 drop in value of the Naira to the pound sterling in just a few days is an insignificant drop that affects no one negatively?... Is that what you are trying to prove?

Is this you trying to play politics with black and white figures or is this just you trying hard to sound dumb?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by poiZon: 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
Abayhormy:
everybody supporting Jonathan should read this link, look at this Hydrelectric Dam, the cost, an think of the missing billions of dollars and be truly objective about the well being of Nigeria under Jonathan and PDP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Ethiopian_Renaissance_Dam

if all south western states in naija would ve been truthful n transparent with themselves i guess 1km of road wouldnt hv cost 1billion naira. n come to think f it the money saved from those bogus n shady deals i believe would ve completed that LAGOS LIGHT RAIL.
we all need change but u gotta tell me weada its cosmetic change or due process change!
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by mrmetoo1: 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
stildude:
I might also think you are being selfish in your view. There won't be any business of building if we were to have an outbreak of war. Only business of destruction.

No doubt I'm being selfish but like I've said earlier all I did was to point out how it might have a negative impact on the economy from my own example. Again nowhere did I say it should't have been postponed, at least not in this post, but the fact remains that it has the potential to have a negative impact on the economy
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Osyfellaini(f): 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
Very well said Turaki...
The more reason Nigerians need CHANGE. Vote APC. grin
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by gsainttrinity(m): 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
obailala:
Atiku is absolutely right.. There's been a free-fall of the Naira since this week following the uncertainty of the shifted elections... As at last week, the official pound rate was still about N285 = £1... Now it is N305 and still falling.

let it fall! Are we going to buy garri with british pounds?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by mrmetoo1: 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
poiZon:

so that means afta election BOOOOOOOOOOM dollar will be equals 2naira n economy go full naija basket, hmmm chai ............. abeg hw i fit laugh for chinchong?

I'm sorry if the point I was trying to make wasn't clear enough
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by obailala(m): 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2015
gsainttrinity:

let it fall! Are we going to buy garri with british pounds?
So this is what Jonathanianism reduces people to?.... undecided
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by SailorXY: 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
privatetisa:

Everybody all over the world wants Nigeria to experience this change. Ordinarily, the west won't support a radical like Buhari to preside over a strategic nation like Nigeria. But the overriding need for this change surpasses their sentiment.
COME MARCH 28, LET'S ALL GO OUT AND PEACEFULLY VOTE FOR THE CHANGE THAT OUR COUNTRY NEEDS. VOTE FOR BUHARI. VOTE FOR THE BETTERMENT OF OUR LOT.
Forget tribalism! Set aside religious sentiment! Embrace this onset of a sincere and certain ride to an all- inclusive, prosperous Nigeria.
Please rebroadcast to as many as you can and be a part of the movement to a better Nigeria for us all. Thanks a great deal as you join this historic train. - DeProf.
*YIMU*
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by gsainttrinity(m): 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I like atiku for his business acumen. See what the man has achieved with his stolen wealth. More people oriented.

Honestly, my problems with Buhari is the fact that he was not disciplined as an officer. Disciplined officers don't get involved in coups. He is too old. He's not economically sound. What has the general achieved within the last 29 years? Without quota, Buhari wouldn't have achieved anything.

As we age, our faculties wane. Hypocritical Fashola said tha Jimmi Agbaje is too old to rule Lagos at 57 and all APC said, yeah. But at 72, Buhari represents change, same APC said yeah. Isn't that double standards at work? Who is fooling who?

I will prefer Atiku to all of them. At least he was once an honest officer-talking about the 53 suitcases. Atiku sacrificed his political goodwill to stop Obasanjo from foisting a third term on us. If Atiku was good enough for VP, he's certainly good enough for the presidency. Today, I rep the Turaki of Adamawa.

Don't mind them they don't even believe what they preach. . Change my nyash!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) by Saucekide25(m): 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
Get up to #5000 discounts and Swift Delivery when you order items on Jumia.com[Pay on Delivery]...To place your orders Call or Whatsapp (08122204769)or e-mail me via (Eonuegbu1@gmail.com).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Highlights Of 2015 APC Campaign Promises In Pictures / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory / Stop Developing Abuja, Kano - Okorocha Tells Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.