₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,229,244 members, 4,876,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2019 at 03:33 PM

The Pleasant And Awful Surprises Of Marriage - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Pleasant And Awful Surprises Of Marriage (26307 Views)

Nigerian Man Visits His Wife In Sudan, Surprises Her At Her Graduation / Nigerian Man Surprises His Mother With A Car (pics, Video) / Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pleasant And Awful Surprises Of Marriage by jnrbayano(m): 10:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
ifyalways:

Who cares? You?

This is what works for me, my home and I frankly can't be bothered about what it means to you.
Re: The Pleasant And Awful Surprises Of Marriage by nnamdiosu(m): 7:06am On Jan 20, 2016
Gloriagee:

It is my role to be his help meet not to take care of him. Listening to some guys talk bout getting married sounds like their would be wife's job description involves being a cook, washer woman n still sexual partner...in other words, taking care of 'him'.

I'm just imagining two tired people coming back from church, where kindness n empathy are being taught. One switches on super sports n is lounging waiting for his carer to serve him dinner, while the other starts cooking indomie n in between switches to eba.

What stops him from helping out? Nothing major? I'm assuming the woman has to work, wake up early to beat Lagos traffic n still contribute to the household purse.

but when e reach time for school fees, house rent, this or that you women will not remember to help or be a help mate. but if e reach house work.....una brain go remember help mate. most women . ....deceiving themselves since eve gave Adam the apple.
Re: The Pleasant And Awful Surprises Of Marriage by Gloriagee(f): 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
Speak for yourself, dahling or speak for the women in ur circle

nnamdiosu:

but when e reach time for school fees, house rent, this or that you women will not remember to help or be a help mate. but if e reach house work.....una brain go remember help mate. most women . ....deceiving themselves since eve gave Adam the apple.

1 Like

Re: The Pleasant And Awful Surprises Of Marriage by rottennaija(m): 11:41am On Mar 12
IDEApro:
Marriage can be very sweet and interesting if you'd use your wisdom and can be very frustrating if you're insensitive and immaturegrin

Let me share...

I and wify(sic) came back from a church programme 8pm on Tuesday. She asked If I will join her in the indomie noodle she was preparing for dinner and I said No that I desired swallow. Something to fill the stomach properly cos there is this delicious oha soup she prepared the previous day. Honestly, I wish and scheme to finish all the liver,towel and other orishirishi used to prepare it. They were so fresh...grin

Few minutes later, my EBA and oha soup were served and my expectations grew into anger...this woman don serve me water soup...grin I look across to her doing justice to her well prepared garnished indomie...(oh men, that indomie tight...green pea, carrot, egg, lettuce) and shouted in frustration: ''Why is this soup watery, am I a prisoner?

Being angry that she is having a better dinner, I raised my displeasure to the power of X5. She explained that the soup I have is the amount she could scoop from the blocked quantity and that she complimented it with water. See me see more anger...I abandoned the food and hit the bed in annoyance. This time it was a mind game. The more she beg to prepare another one the more I cunningly form ''James bond'' and slept off afterwards without eating.

Next morning, after preparing to go out I ask for fried plantain and pap, she said whatever I need I should go get it myself (hangover from lastnightgrin) and I replied; ''since you have decided to starve me, don't shout harder to me any other night again cos I don't wanna faint'' and smiled. I guess she stole a smile, went into the room, got dressed and came out requesting I assist her with money to go see a friend. Women! I quickly dip hand into pocket and handed her a thousand naira bill and she left with just saying thank you.

I was at a lost whether to get angry again or smile off our foolishness when she came right back in with bunch of plantain then I knew my breakfast is guaranteed.
Afterwards she ask me to apologize for rejecting her food the previous night which I did and she became happy.

Umunwayi....God perfect gift.

Sweet story. The beauty and pain oof marriage. It's all about understanding and maturity. Period. Many will have good intentions but will not want betray it, (like you wife got money to get plantain for your breakfast but made you believe she wants to see a friend) you just need to have patience to see event play out
Re: The Pleasant And Awful Surprises Of Marriage by mercy87(f): 1:41pm On Mar 12
kmcutez:

Yes we all agree the story had a sweet ending, but I am also baffled that no one was willing to point out his wrong doing. His wife took out time to prepare dinner for him, and instead of him to say thank you, he got angry that the soup was not up to his standard. His wife was even willing to sacrifice more time and energy to prepare another meal for him, and instead of him again to be grateful and pleased, he got more angry. He even had the audacity to request for breakfast without first apologizing for the childish tantrum he threw the previous night.

You will be surprised that the wife might relate this same story in a not so forgiving/sweet way as the husband did. My brother, sometimes it is the little foxes that spoil the whole vineyard. It is those tiny tiny little details that we overlook or deem as not important that are the most important.

God bless you. I remember Charles Swindoll in his book on marriage "Strike the original match" talks about this extensively. He even has a whole chapter dedicated to these and he titles it little foxes spoil the vine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Couple Expecting Twins Welcome Triplets After 9 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City / Why I Do Not Want To Have Babies After Two Years Of Marriage - Lady Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.