Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE (181109 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Monysolah: 10:43am On Jun 08, 2015
[uote author=ibadanfinest post=34547150]
From the unilag requirements, the answer is no. Also I hv been to the dept myself to ask on behalf of a friend of mine. I was told they don't accept first degree from faculty of education.[/quote]

So in other words faculty of education is limited to education
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by ibadanfinest(m): 11:05am On Jun 08, 2015
Monysolah:
[uote author=ibadanfinest post=34547150]
From the unilag requirements, the answer is no. Also I hv been to the dept myself to ask on behalf of a friend of mine. I was told they don't accept first degree from faculty of education.

So in other words faculty of education is limited to education
No its not. You can do professional course with it. most professional master course just need u to hv first degree from any discipline in fact there is one milr professional course that is run by irpm. if eco was ur teaching subject, u can apply for MSC economics.
In summary its not limited to education but the choice ain't just much.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Monysolah: 11:30am On Jun 08, 2015
ibadanfinest:

No its not. You can do professional course with it. most professional master course just need u to hv first degree from any discipline in fact there is one milr professional course that is run by irpm. if eco was ur teaching subject, u can apply for MSC economics.
In summary its not limited to education but the choice ain't just much.

Whats d different between d professional master programme and masters by coursework Am sorry if am askin too much question, please bear wiv me
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by ibadanfinest(m): 11:40am On Jun 08, 2015
Monysolah:

Whats d different between d professional master programme and masters by coursework Am sorry if am askin too much question, please bear wiv me
kalan where r u o. The little I know Is that with coursework, u can go for ur PhD. its good for those who want to go into lecturing and research.
professional u can't advance to PhD. Professional is for those working. its more practical as oppose the theory oriented coursework. Na d little wey I know be dat
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Monysolah: 11:46am On Jun 08, 2015
Thanks! Reli appreciate.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 12:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
can i go for m.sc econs despite d fact that my first degree is econs edu? secondly,am i going to need either my nysc discharge certificate or nysc exemption when applying online?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by EDhims(m): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
anybody for cell biology and genetics?. hook me up let's talk 7959B81D

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Abduletudaye(m): 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
Anyone for Microbiology Hookup here please.....
08.056.614.390 whatsapp...
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by olaide2real: 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
Also for pharm.chem,do u have their PQ?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by olaide2real: 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
jay44:
i will b applying for pharm chem too. My no is 07030370243: u can add me on whatsapp lets talk
Also for pharm.chem.do u have their PQ?pls what is the tuition fee for pharm.chem?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by saminduka(m): 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2015
What will it cost for a PGD Mass Communication.
Thanks.
kalan:
Lets talk about

2. The Fees associated with the programme

I see lots of people drop their admission year in year out, due to improper financial planning.

First seek out the correct fees you are to pay for your program. Find out the total fees, the hidden fees, the financial implications.
The form fees and what it will take to cross the whole hurdle.

the 5 stages are:

1. application
2. examination
3. admission
4. registration
5. lectures

each stages has financial implication. Plan for them.

Some courses run for 2 sessions, that means if you are paying N100k per session, you will require N200k plus others.
You need to put all these into consideration.

There is also the need for textbooks, there are other cost like field work, and other tools for science/engineering students.
Generally, its cheap for FUll time students compared to part-time students.

How do you overcome these?

1. Know your course tuition fees and or hidden fees, ask from current or past students, or ask me

2. Look at your finances- who is sponsoring you? yourself?, your partner? or parents, so that you start preparing them for it.
Things are easier if they are budgeted for

3. You too must start making plans for this with your little savings and contributions

4. If your options are very limited - you can do a long term planning towards your education, always believe there is a way out

5. Take action.

The more you put off your Masters because of no time, no money or because you want to go to "Havard" time is tickling away. you should do something while you can.

All the best as you make your decision.

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by olaide2real: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
saminduka:
What will it cost for a PGD Mass Communication.
Thanks.
Pls,what is the tuition for pharm.chem?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by ibadanfinest(m): 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
jideissa:
can i go for m.sc econs despite d fact that my first degree is econs edu? secondly,am i going to need either my nysc discharge certificate or nysc exemption when applying online?
Yes bro. You are very eligible. the current crop of student in MSC eco has up to 40% of those who had educational background. I was shown the list when I went there to make enquiry.
I am also applying and I did educational management and economics.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Epignosis19: 4:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
any operations management and production aspirant here, let's connect on whatsapp, 08062659624
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by chibuking1(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
any intendin msc mgt here>> lets connect
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by davidbright(m): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
Hi Mr. Kalan,
A big wel done for your great work.
Please what is the likely full cost implication to run M.Sc. Econs programme.
Also, I,ve checked your link and followed the trend but can't get a contact number to reach or mail. kindly provide if any.
Thanks for your response in anticipation.

kalan:
Lets talk about

2. The Fees associated with the programme

I see lots of people drop their admission year in year out, due to improper financial planning.

First seek out the correct fees you are to pay for your program. Find out the total fees, the hidden fees, the financial implications.
The form fees and what it will take to cross the whole hurdle.

the 5 stages are:

1. application
2. examination
3. admission
4. registration
5. lectures

each stages has financial implication. Plan for them.

Some courses run for 2 sessions, that means if you are paying N100k per session, you will require N200k plus others.
You need to put all these into consideration.

There is also the need for textbooks, there are other cost like field work, and other tools for science/engineering students.
Generally, its cheap for FUll time students compared to part-time students.

How do you overcome these?

1. Know your course tuition fees and or hidden fees, ask from current or past students, or ask me

2. Look at your finances- who is sponsoring you? yourself?, your partner? or parents, so that you start preparing them for it.
Things are easier if they are budgeted for

3. You too must start making plans for this with your little savings and contributions

4. If your options are very limited - you can do a long term planning towards your education, always believe there is a way out

5. Take action.

The more you put off your Masters because of no time, no money or because you want to go to "Havard" time is tickling away. you should do something while you can.

All the best as you make your decision.

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by davidbright(m): 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2015
davidbright:
Hi Mr. Kalan,
Also, I,ve checked your link and followed the trend but can't get a contact number to reach or mail. kindly provide if any.

Thanks Mr. Kalan,
I subscibed and i got the details i wanted.
Thank you.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by ulanmo: 1:14am On Jun 09, 2015
Hello Mr Kalan, I am a batch b corp member soon to be passing out early july...graduated from lagos state university from the department of business administration....I have two msc programme in mind which are msc in management then industrial and personnel management..which do you think is the right combination with d course I graduated with..and is Mba an option since I dont have the required working experience outside nysc.. Please enlighten me..thank you..
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 8:24am On Jun 09, 2015
@ibadan finest tnx.what of d oda questn?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 9:52am On Jun 09, 2015
ibadanfinest:

kalan where r u o. The little I know Is that with coursework, u can go for ur PhD. its good for those who want to go into lecturing and research.
professional u can't advance to PhD. Professional is for those working. its more practical as oppose the theory oriented coursework. Na d little wey I know be dat

sorry i was very busy, you are quite right. one is tailored towards research the other towards, the industry or career based.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2015
davidbright:
Hi Mr. Kalan,

Full cost will mean tuition + form fees + acceptance fees and others = FT = 75 + 22500 + 61500 + 10k =
for PT just substitute 75k for 150k.

my number u get when u receive my emails.

check my blog u will get it

thanks
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by checkmateman: 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Please I hear that some schools do not accept unilag masters for PhD in their schools. Please is this true and which schools does this
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by elenewton1: 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
kalan:
The Fees associated with Unilag Pg 2015 programme

This is big INFO you should get before deciding to go ahead with your course of study.
Many people dropped their admission becos they could not make the fees.

Fees ranges from N60k to N2million. you need to find out so you can decide and make plans to get ready for the journey ahead.

There are many ad-joint fees you also pay when you get admission apart from the Tuition Fees.
Acceptance fees, Dept fees, accommodation fees (not compulsory) and others

Let me know if you have issues with your intending course fees?

later.

pls I need info on the cost for msc in physics, full time, and d duration. Tnks a lot I'm grateful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by ulanmo: 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hello Mr Kalan, I am a batch b corp member soon to be passing out early july...graduated from lagos state university from the department of business administration....I have two msc programme in mind which are msc in management then industrial and personnel management..which do you think is the right combination with d course I graduated with..and is Mba an option since I dont have the required working experience outside nysc.. Please enlighten me..thank you.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
elenewton1:
pls I need info on the cost for msc in physics, full time, and d duration. Tnks a lot I'm grateful

90k and its 12 months
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
checkmateman:
Please I hear that some schools do not accept unilag masters for PhD in their schools. Please is this true and which schools does this
Abi its Unilag that does not accept some school Pg for its programme. Unilag is Boss o
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
olaide2real:

Pls,what is the tuition for pharm.chem?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Monysolah:
Please mr kalan i have 2-1 in guidance and couselling am i eligible to study msc in industrial relation and personnel management. Thanks
no ure not
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
Is application on?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by hnuadmissions(m): 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
2015/2016 Admissions Into HUNAN NORMAL UNIVERSITY,CHINA- SEPTEMBER 2015. by hnuadmissions(m): 7:32am

2015/2016 Admissions into HUNAN NORMAL UNIVERSITY,CHINA

HUNAN NORMAL UNIVERSITY, CHINA SEPTEMBER 2015 ADMISSIONS. APPLY NOW!!!

English Taught Programs: Computer Science, Hotel Tourism & Management and Clinical Medicine (MBBS).

Documents required -

1.) Hunan Normal University Application Form
2.) Medical Examination Form of Hunan Normal University
3.) Scan copies of your High school certificate and result-WAEC, GCE O/Level etc
4.) Scan copy of your VALID Passport Data Page.
5.) Scan copy of your recent POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE, issued by the police department of your country

APPLICATIONS PROCEDURES

Read through the details and E-mail to us the relevant documents- hnuadmissions@outlook.com

1. Go over the courses on offer and choose a course and tell us your chosen courses .

2. Complete the Application Forms of of Hunan Normal University (we will send the form to you on request).

2. Complete the Medical Examination Form for International Students of Hunan Normal University(we will send the form to you on request).

3. Scan- send copies of your High school certificate and result- GCE O/Level etc

4. Scan-send a copy of your VALID Passport Data Page.

5. Scan-send a copy of your recent POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE, issued by the police department of your country

Successful Applicant can be sure of getting their Official admission notice Letter and the JW202 visa letter ready for pick up or posting around 4

weeks after submitting and processing the application.

CONTACT : HUNAN NORMAL UNIVERSITY- Overseas Admissions Coordinators(African Students)

MR James/Joe/Mao (Tel/Whatsapp/Text; +8615580837024
E-mail : hnuadmissions@outlook.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hunan-Normal-University-Admissions-for-African-Students/397888570392257
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by checkmateman: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
kalan:

Abi its Unilag that does not accept some school Pg for its programme. Unilag is Boss o

I diagree with that FUNAAB does not accept UNILAG. Masters likewise OAU does not accept UI. Masters. So no school is boss. All I want to know is if there is any other school that does not accept UNILAG masterS

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (109) (Reply)

Oou 2015/2016 Admission / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / List Of Schools & Their 2012/2013 UTME Cut-off Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.