Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE (180938 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 7:56am On May 21, 2015
Nteogwuija:
i will use this medium to thank you for your immense efforts in trying to fix most confused graduates like me in a purposeful career path. I am a graduate of banking and finance 2:2(3.30) and i intend pursuing a masters degree in a reputable university, but my issue now is that i cant really place my choice on a discipline that will complement my degree. i have always thought of being versatile and that also informed my preference for a masters degree in project management, but i have the slightest of ideas on whether MPM will be a good choice to complement my first degree. pls i need your advice, if you think MPM isn't worth the while, please i will be glad if you can proffer a better choice or option for me. thanks for your swift retort.

Hi Nteogwuija.
Your Bsc background is very far from your proposed masters course, I will like to know what informed your decision. are you experience in that field, or you just like the course? what is your work experience? what are your future plans? many decision should influence your masters choice.

There are many options to combine with your course, but it not what you choice in a vacuum, you must take other things into consideration.
call me up lets talk about it.

check my number on my blog and lets chat or talk on phone. I need to understand other variables before i can suggest some course that will fit you perfectly.

Hope that's cool with you. am waiting.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Nteogwuija(m): 9:00am On May 21, 2015
kalan:

Hi Nteogwuija.
Your Bsc background is very far from your proposed masters course, I will like to know what informed your decision. are you experience in that field, or you just like the course? what is your work experience? what are your future plans? many decision should influence your masters choice.

There are many options to combine with your course, but it not what you choice in a vacuum, you must take other things into consideration.
call me up lets talk about it.

check my number on my blog and lets chat or talk on phone. I need to understand other variables before i can suggest some course that will fit you perfectly.

Hope that's cool with you. am waiting.

I can't access your number on that site, the contact link only leads me to a contact form and I am being asked to download a captcha plug in. Pls if possible can you leave your number here or email address, so I can contact you, I really want to hear from you. Tnx
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Kamnero(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2015
Good afternoon! Please I had 2:2 in BCT( building construction and tech) and really would like to run a M.Sc but right now I really don't know a course to study because initially I would have wanted a Masters in oil and gas but I really need your advice on the course f study I should run because it's all on me... And I wouldn't want a situation whereby I would drop out because f money issue... So please I humbly beg and ask for your advice n a good course combo to go with a B.Sc in building. Thanks and really expect your reply ASAP.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by dimexilux(m): 6:52pm On May 23, 2015
pls I need info about MSC pharmaceutical chemistry.. I had 2.1 in industrial chemistry. pls wat are d chances of getting d admission, d tuition fee and how can I get the past questions... tnx
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Mikkyboy(m): 11:32pm On May 23, 2015
Please I need information on the cost of Unilag Msc Geology and hw many sessions does it last?Then also do they have a backlog of students? Pls any one with info let me know.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jfking2005(m): 3:38pm On May 24, 2015
Dear kalan,

please i am a graduate of Electrical and electronics, graduated with a 2:2 with about 8 years working experience
i have risen to the post of departmental head of the engineering organisation.
i am now considering the option of going for an MBA.
i plan to strategically position myself for a higher management level as the event unfolds
kindly advise on that also confirm to me the following

If the Form is out
when is the closing date?
How do i go about the application( step by step)
what do i need to pass the entrance examination
please include any other items or info you feel i may need.

Thanks
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 4:08pm On May 24, 2015
jfking2005:
Dear kalan,

please i am a graduate of Electrical and electronics, graduated with a 2:2 with about 8 years working experience
i have risen to the post of departmental head of the engineering organisation.
i am now considering the option of going for an MBA.
i plan to strategically position myself for a higher management level as the event unfolds
kindly advise on that also confirm to me the following

If the Form is out
when is the closing date?
How do i go about the application( step by step)
what do i need to pass the entrance examination
please include any other items or info you feel i may need.

Thanks

jfking2005 welcome. good career path. MBA is definitely good for you at this time. also i hope you have PMP cert with you already?
it a added hedge in what you do.

the form is not yet out, will be this week or spill over to June.
get in my blog to get updated when it comes out.
the form usually stay open for 2 months before its close, so no need to rush.
to pass the entrance questions, you need the past questions and practice. i do some online preps and tips for Free
you get more from my blog
the application is 100% online except the bank payment., so when the time comes i will tell those are come around here or my blog how to go
about it step-by-step.

what else? what type of MBA are you going for? executive, PT or Ft? it matter to some extent.

all the best.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 4:11pm On May 24, 2015
find course content for

Msc Production and Operation Management

operation management
operation planning and control
production system design and analysis
problems in production/operation management
layout and location models
financial management of the corporation
managerial accounting
management process
business research methods
quantitative methods
organizational behavior
strategic management
marketing management
advanced micro-economic theory
advanced macro-economic theory
research project

if you need any course content to help your decision making let me know.
if you are already subscribed to my blog you will get this and more secret tips as weekly benefit freely.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 4:13pm On May 24, 2015
dimexilux:
pls I need info about MSC pharmaceutical chemistry.. I had 2.1 in industrial chemistry. pls wat are d chances of getting d admission, d tuition fee and how can I get the past questions... tnx
fees is 90k. youre qualified, your chances depends on your preparedness, its 85% purely on merit. past questions will be available for this course next month.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by falanaoludare(m): 7:42pm On May 24, 2015
Good day sir, I have been reading from ur blog n it is quit helpful. I want to ask what is my chances in Economic either FT or PT. I ve 2.2 in eco/edu in one of state uni. (Ur advice, please).
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jfking2005(m): 10:00pm On May 24, 2015
kalan:

jfking2005 welcome. good career path. MBA is definitely good for you at this time. also i hope you have PMP cert with you already?
it a added hedge in what you do.
the form is not yet out, will be this week or spill over to June.
get in my blog to get updated when it comes out.
the form usually stay open for 2 months before its close, so no need to rush.
to pass the entrance questions, you need the past questions and practice. i do some online preps and tips for Free
you get more from my blog
the application is 100% online except the bank payment., so when the time comes i will tell those are come around here or my blog how to go
about it step-by-step.
what else? what type of MBA are you going for? executive, PT or Ft? it matter to some extent.
all the best.

all the best.
--
Thanks for your response and i'm grateful. I've also planned for my PMP for 3rd quarter of the year.
I will appreciate if you could educate me more on the difference between the executive/PT/FT
but i definitely know that i may not attempt the full time because of my job.
Also can you help with course content of each and what make the difference.
What are their fees?
Any other info you think i may need will also be appreciated, but i will definitely visit your blog much later.

Once again, thank you.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by debulle: 2:10pm On May 26, 2015
kalan:
find course content for

Msc Production and Operation Management

operation management
operation planning and control
production system design and analysis
problems in production/operation management
layout and location models
financial management of the corporation
managerial accounting
management process
business research methods
quantitative methods
organizational behavior
strategic management
marketing management
advanced micro-economic theory
advanced macro-economic theory
research project

if you need any course content to help your decision making let me know.
if you are already subscribed to my blog you will get this and more secret tips as weekly benefit freely.

Pls I need course content,fees n duration of this courses;MDSS,MISS,MPA,MPIA,IRPM,MRM,MPM,MFM n Pol Sci & Occassional.Can Unilag accept bsc economics in the mentioned courses?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Alwaysthere(f): 4:07pm On May 27, 2015
PLEASE, I NEED THE PAST QUESTIONS/MATERIAL FOR MATERIAL & METALLURGIAL ENGINEERING(M.Sc). And how much is the material? Thanks and God bless u. Amen
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Monysolah: 11:19pm On May 27, 2015
Please i read guidance n counselling and am confused abt d course dat wil go well wiv it ....pls what wil u advice n d course am elegible to do.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by pretimina: 7:28am On May 28, 2015
Please what is the course content for Msc public administration. Plus is there a difference between Msc public administration and masters public administration (MPA)

1 Like

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Sideshow: 8:33am On May 28, 2015
HI, I have 2:1 in Information Science, looking to do masters in Production and operations management, am I likely to be accepted for the course? Thanks
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Fapohunda97: 12:29pm On May 28, 2015
please sir,till now the MSc Biochemistry past question has not been made available form me!
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 9:12am On May 29, 2015
pretimina:
Please what is the course content for Msc public administration. Plus is there a difference between Msc public administration and masters public administration (MPA)

msc programs are academic in nature and research base, more theoretical and exploratory. Masters In PA is a professional course which is industries based. practical contemporary issues are treated and more relevant for day to day work life.

however, with msc you can further with PHD with masters you cannot. the course content? will sent later.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 9:16am On May 29, 2015
Sideshow:
HI, I have 2:1 in Information Science, looking to do masters in Production and operations management, am I likely to be accepted for the course? Thanks

I reckon Info Science equates computer science , then Yes.

Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Operations and Production Management (Full-Time)

Entry Requirements:

(i) Candidates must possess a Bachelor's honours degree in Business Administration, Actuarial Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering from this University or any other recognized institution.

(ii) Possession of relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 9:19am On May 29, 2015
Monysolah:
Please i read guidance n counselling and am confused abt d course dat wil go well wiv it ....pls what wil u advice n d course am elegible to do.

not just the course that will go with it, the real question is what do you want to do? what is your passion or drive? where do you see your career heading, if you cannot answer these questions I cannot suggest anything meaningful.

When you know your destination the vehicle to get there will become clearer and easier to know- where are you going?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 9:21am On May 29, 2015
debulle:
Pls I need course content,fees n duration of this courses;MDSS,MISS,MPA,MPIA,IRPM,MRM,MPM,MFM n Pol Sci & Occassional.Can Unilag accept bsc economics in the mentioned courses?

please they are too much. just get the brochure. or pick one and i can help with that. hope u get, its not easy to type them. yes all the courses mentioned above accept bsc economics as requirement
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 9:36am On May 29, 2015
jfking2005:

all the best.
--
Thanks for your response and i'm grateful. I've also planned for my PMP for 3rd quarter of the year.
I will appreciate if you could educate me more on the difference between the executive/PT/FT
but i definitely know that i may not attempt the full time because of my job.
Also can you help with course content of each and what make the difference.
What are their fees?
Any other info you think i may need will also be appreciated, but i will definitely visit your blog much later.

Once again, thank you.

there is no diffference in terms of course for MBA its just segmentation to cater to various categories of customers. Trust Unilag.

the diff is in timing and tuition money.

FT manily for jobless and fresh grad = 190k fees and hold mon-fri 8am-2pm duration is 3 semester
PT mainly for working class with some exp= 225k per session- 2 sessions involved. and holds mon-fri 6pm-8pm duration 4 semesters
Exe same as PT but for those who cant make evening class daily, so lectures hold Only on SAturdays 8am-5pm.
Fees is N900K per session, duration is 2 session, total tuition is N1.8m.

same exams, same certificates, different fees and time.

so make your choice. Note In executive you are treated like LBS, with coffee break with snacks, with some special treatment that others dont get. Also, you get to meet alot of BANK TOP shots, Companies CEOs, Directors of multinationals ect, the cost is the dividing factor!

there are 6 specialization in MBA after 1st session you chose one. here they are:
accounting
marketing
operations and production management
HR
finance
management

for CONTENT see below

MBA
Marketing
management process
Human resource management
quantitative analysis for business decisions
Business Law
Financial Accounting
corporate finance
Organizational behaviour
Cost accounting for business
production and operation management
Microeconomics
Macroeconomics
Computer Application
taxation
Entrepreneurship
Auditing
Portfolio analysis and management
Investment analysis
International business
consumer behaviour
sales management
marketing research
manpower planning
design and control of production systems
systems designs and analysis
strategy and structure
corporate planning
environmental and industry analysis
organization development

all the best
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by kalan: 9:40am On May 29, 2015
falanaoludare:
Good day sir, I have been reading from ur blog n it is quit helpful. I want to ask what is my chances in Economic either FT or PT. I ve 2.2 in eco/edu in one of state uni. (Ur advice, please).

your chances is like every one else. in your hands.
you are qualified. all you need now is prep very well. start by getting the past questions to get a feel of how the questions looks like and then get some few insider secrets and tips to scale the hurdle. if you subscribe to my blog, I will put you through easily.

all the best.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by dybaba(m): 3:03pm On May 29, 2015
Please can someone with B. Sc Education Accounting be accepted to do Masters in Economics directly without doing PGD?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 3:57pm On May 29, 2015
welldone mr kalan.what is d fee 4 m.sc econs ft and pt and d duration?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by franniechuks(f): 4:55pm On May 29, 2015
Good afternoon Mr. Kalan.

I hv. 2.1 in Ind Chemistry and I wish 2 apply 4 M.Sc. Environmental Chemistry.

Pls hw long does the program run and what is the TOTAL FEE (from application, registration etc, everything) for the entire duration of the program?

Thanks,
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by bookee01: 6:01pm On May 29, 2015
Hi, I studied computer science and had 2.2. Can I study marketing? And pls what is the fees for PT?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Abduletudaye(m): 11:41am On May 30, 2015
Hi Mr Kalan.. Please i graduated with 3.4cgpa in microbiology and would wanna pursue an Msc In Microbiology in Unilag either PT Or FT. please give insights as to how much i will pay for either duration and how long it will take...Thanks in anticipation smiley
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by ibadanfinest(m): 12:28pm On May 30, 2015
me I go abuse people for this thread o. how u go dey ask someone to tell u what course to do at this level. nawa o.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 30, 2015
Good evening sir, I have a B.Sc in chemistry cgpa(3.46). But I'm interested in doing an MBA cos I'm more inclined towards business, entrepreneurship and the likes. Is it advisable. If yes, how do I get the past questions and how much will it cost, for pt, ft and executive, what's the cost of the form. Thanks for your time.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by 3aces(f): 11:26am On May 31, 2015
good day.. please I would like information on MPh.. cost. requirements and any relevant information. .
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by falanaoludare(m): 11:33am On May 31, 2015
kalan:

your chances is like every one else. in your hands.
you are qualified. all you need now is prep very well. start by getting the past questions to get a feel of how the questions looks like and then get some few insider secrets and tips to scale the hurdle. if you subscribe to my blog, I will put you through easily.

all the best.

How do I subscrib to ur blog?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109) (Reply)

Oou 2015/2016 Admission / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / LASPOTECH CHAT ROOM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.