Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,021 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Betrayal Of A Friend. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Betrayal Of A Friend. (12114 Views)

EROT'IC STORY! The Betrayal After Sexual Pleasure (part 3) / EROT'IC STORY! The Betrayal After Sexual Pleasure (part 1) / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
Betrayal of a friend.

How could she ?’
A true life story of love and betrayal.

Segun had been on my case for at least 2 years.
I met him one hot Saturday as I was waiting for a taxi on a Grogner Street in Iwaya, Onike.
He pulled over and asked where I was headed. I don’t ever talk to people on the road but this day, the look of the mist on the window of his air conditioned car made it difficult to ignore him given the extreme heat i was exposed to.
I stepped into his car, grateful for the ride, yet determined to let him know I was no cheap girl that jumps into available cars.
“Thank you so much, Sir, for the ride. I normally wouldn’t do this but I have been standing outside in the sun for at least 30minutes. The cabs come in trickles and are either taken or too expensive.
None is interested in going my way” “Where might that be?” He asked, totally ignoring every other thing I had said. “I’m going to Ikota but I’ll drop off once we get to any major road where I can find a cab”, “You’re in luck. I’m actually going to VGC but I need to get to Surulere first. So I can either drop you off at a taxi park or you accompany me to Surulere and then I drop you off at your doorstep.”
Inasmuch as I was so eager not to overuse the help being rendered, I opted for the latter option. I was in no hurry whatsoever to go my empty home. Mom and dad were on their way to Ikene for a week long engagement and my younger siblings were all in school.
My best friend, Mosun had kindly volunteered to spend the week with me but she would not be coming until Sunday night so that meant I’d be spending Saturday night by myself with only Larry; the dog and Mustafa; the gate man, for company.
I looked at my wristwatch, with its recently cracked screen and declared, “Well, it’s just 1.00pm and I’m not in a hurry so I’ll go with you”.

To be Continued
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by Hawx(m): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2015
What an abrupt end to a promising story!
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hawx:
What an abrupt end to a promising story!

it hasn't even begin, would continue later
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 3:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
I got to meet him properly. His name is Segun, a businessman who was into the oil and gas sector. He had been working for himself in Libya before moving to Nigeria earlier that year. The Nigerian side of his business was only just growing and was already facing major challenges but a meeting he had in Abuja two weeks from our meeting date would determine if the major stumbling block would be removed and his license would be granted.
He saw an RCCG band on my wrist so he asked me to pray along with him, I promised to. As he dropped me off at about 4pm that Saturday evening, I felt like I knew him already. Segun was very chatty, divulging a lot so quickly.
During those hours we spent together, I also found out that he has a 5 year old daughter by a white French girl he dated all through his university years in France. The lady had gone on to marry another man and they lived in Port Harcourt with his daughter, Amélie.
His dad was long gone and his mom had raised he and his siblings by herself. I did what I don't ever do. I gave him my phone numbers and my pin and from there, we became friends.

... To be Continued Later
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
Guys please drop your comments to show your interest in the story, if i get 10 comments today i promise to add more of the Story.

Thanks.
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by Akuneshiobike(m): 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2015
Following...Ride on
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by tope24(m): 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
oga, no go start wetin u no go finish. I take God beg u ooo
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
tope24:
oga, no go start wetin u no go finish. I take God beg u ooo

i need to know if people are interested in the story, so i can continue.
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by ablatgraphicplus(m): 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
please continue, we are interested... coolplease continue, we are interested...
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by oluwawunmi(f): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2015
am in
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
[b] ... Continued

The problem with Segun was with his way of showing concern and love. My primary love language is Quality Time and I’m not really the type to get all mushy too early. So it came as a bit of a rude shock to me when I received my first “love you baby”, 2 weeks from the day we met. I really didn’t know what to make of the message and it abruptly ended our chat as I did not respond. To be fair to him, I assumed he was simply overjoyed as he was granted all necessary permits we prayed for, that he spoke out of turn.
About four hours after, at 1am, I got another message from him telling me how much he’s so into me and how he feels like he has finally found what he had been looking for and if I would be okay being a second mom to his daughter and how he wants me to meet his mom. I read it and responded with a “BRB”.
Later in the day, we met up for a meal and then I explained how, though I appreciate his feelings, it was all too soon for me and I would appreciate if I am given a bit more time to be on that kind of level with him. In the meanwhile, I suggested that we remain friends. He looked a bit disappointed but accepted and declared that he was in no hurry and would wait for me however how long it took me to realise my feelings for him or develop them.
Segun was extremely generous to me, almost worryingly so. Once he travelled and brought me an orange Hermès’ Birkin 40cm bag which retails for about $2000. I was shocked and despite loving nice stuff, I didn’t want to take it from him initially but I eventually did mentioning it to him that he really didn’t need to spend that much on me and he should focus more on growing his business.
Mosun who usually saw one Harrods or Neiman Marcus shopping bag or the other and was always encouraging me to “stop fronting and say yes to Segun before a sharp girl does”.
I guess because of the manner in which he approached me, it made me a bit overly cautious since this his asking out was more like a proposal and he seemed so sure of his feelings for me.

To be Continued... [/b]

cc:
Hawx
Akuneshiobike
tope24
ablatgraphicplus
oluwawunmi
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by tope24(m): 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
shumuel:
[b] ... Continued

The problem with Segun was with his way of showing concern and love. My primary love language is Quality Time and I’m not really the type to get all mushy too early. So it came as a bit of a rude shock to me when I received my first “love you baby”, 2 weeks from the day we met. I really didn’t know what to make of the message and it abruptly ended our chat as I did not respond. To be fair to him, I assumed he was simply overjoyed as he was granted all necessary permits we prayed for, that he spoke out of turn.
About four hours after, at 1am, I got another message from him telling me how much he’s so into me and how he feels like he has finally found what he had been looking for and if I would be okay being a second mom to his daughter and how he wants me to meet his mom. I read it and responded with a “BRB”.
Later in the day, we met up for a meal and then I explained how, though I appreciate his feelings, it was all too soon for me and I would appreciate if I am given a bit more time to be on that kind of level with him. In the meanwhile, I suggested that we remain friends. He looked a bit disappointed but accepted and declared that he was in no hurry and would wait for me however how long it took me to realise my feelings for him or develop them.
Segun was extremely generous to me, almost worryingly so. Once he travelled and brought me an orange Hermès’ Birkin 40cm bag which retails for about $2000. I was shocked and despite loving nice stuff, I didn’t want to take it from him initially but I eventually did mentioning it to him that he really didn’t need to spend that much on me and he should focus more on growing his business.
Mosun who usually saw one Harrods or Neiman Marcus shopping bag or the other and was always encouraging me to “stop fronting and say yes to Segun before a sharp girl does”.
I guess because of the manner in which he approached me, it made me a bit overly cautious since this his asking out was more like a proposal and he seemed so sure of his feelings for me.

To be Continued... [/b]

cc:
Hawx
Akuneshiobike
tope24
ablatgraphicplus
oluwawunmi

oga, this ya story dey like corn wey dey inside bottle for front of chicken. e nor fit touch am. abeg come finish this thing na.
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by ablatgraphicplus(m): 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
...Is good to be caution but it's better not to be over caution. continue please....
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
tope24:

oga, this ya story dey like corn wey dey inside bottle for front of chicken. e nor fit touch am. abeg come finish this thing na.

Sorry about that, its just that people are not commenting
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by naijaboiy: 12:45pm On Feb 14, 2015
Fire down bros!

We are right behind you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2015
naijaboiy:
Fire down bros!

We are right behind you cheesy

Yeah, tankz man. Happy Val
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by haryormeedeh(f): 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2015
nice story, we gather dey your back.
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by Dotwillis1(m): 12:59pm On Feb 14, 2015
*paSsing* ...

*steps on break intensly*
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
I have comment so?oya make a long update abeg for our happy val.
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
[b] ... Continued

I slowed things down a lot and outrightly refused to meet his mom for the first three months. I didn’t want to get carried away at all and kept praying and taking things slow. Despite our living so close to each other, I hardly went to his place and since I came from a relatively strict home, his visits were sparing as well (of my doing).

About six months after we met, work commitments took him away from Nigeria for a long while. During that period, he would come to Nigeria at least once a month, bombarding me with all manners of gifts.
Even when he was not around, he’d randomly have flowers delivered to my office.
He would send handwritten letters by DHL and whenever anyone was travelling to Nigeria, he would have them deliver something to me, however small.
There was a time he sent me a bottle of Lucozade because I had lamented that the Nigerian one tasted different. When it came to giving, Segun was without fault. But in my opinion, there was more to consider than how generous a man is.

To be continued... [/b]
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Andrew114:
I have comment so?oya make a long update abeg for our happy val.

dont worry i will drop double today to celebrate Val day wink
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
[b] ... Continued

Sometime, five months ago, Mosun was sent to England for a training to last 3 weeks and she used the opportunity to shop and ended up having 2 extra boxes.
She complained over the phone to me telling me the airline was overcharging her and then, partly because I felt it right to help and partly because I had ordered somethings which she was bringing for me, I decided to ask Segun if he could help out since I know he always travelled light and never uses the extra allowance granted to him. He accepted to help bring the extra boxes and I gave her his hotel address to drop them off a day before her flight. He was due in Nigeria a week and half after.

My suspicion was first roused when, upon his arrival, he took the bags to Mosun’s in Ogudu, instead of as I expected, bringing it to me and having us sort ourselves out. I asked for the favour. I mentioned to him that my stuff was included in the box so it came as a surprise to me when he drove all the way to her house, the next day to drop the boxes off.
When I asked him why he did that, he said the boxes were quite heavy and that he was going that way and decided to drop them off.

To be Continued later...

Happy Valentine's day to you all [/b]
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2015
Dis is getting interesting
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2015
shumuel:

dont worry i will drop double today to celebrate Val day wink
okay na i book double space for me and my friend.oya carry go make we hear
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shaizegotswag: 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
Op come hia nw!! Finish am
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 5:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
... Continueed

I had more questions but felt since I was not his girlfriend, there is a limit to the questions
I can pose without looking funny.
My pride got in the way and I decided not to mention it anymore.
The calls reduced. The texts were shorter. The usual “love you” closing went missing. ‘Mosun too reduced her communication with me.

Then one day, she drove to my office and after lunch she asked the most random question, ‘Are you and Segun in a relationship?”. She looked like she had struggled to ask that question but at the same time, as though that was her aim for coming to my office.
“Why do you ask?”

... To be continued
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by dechandel(f): 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
Mosun the sharp girl grin
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 6:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
dechandel:
Mosun the sharp girl grin

Badt girl cheesy
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by LadyX(f): 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2015
Wow! Such a great story!
Following...
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by prettyjo(f): 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
quite interesting.
looking forward to seeing more updates.
Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 15, 2015
Interesting OP.

You see how some gurl misses their chance with the one they love.Buy playing the hard to get type,not knowing it angers any man more than anything.

6 month & she doesn't wanna admit they were dating fully & i think she got what she deserves.

1 Like

Re: Betrayal Of A Friend. by shumuel(m): 11:14am On Feb 16, 2015
sauceny:
Interesting OP.

You see how some gurl misses their chance with the one they love.Buy playing the hard to get type,not knowing it angers any man more than anything.

6 month & she doesn't wanna admit they were dating fully & i think she got what she deserves.

I tell you, its just crazy.

Well i'll want you not to jump into conclusion yet untill you have the full story thou. ''Suspense''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nude Photos Of The Lady Who Shared Photos With Peter Okoye Surface Online / A Secret Only A Few Know. / Why Some Girls Stare At Boys And Never Talk To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.