Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat (51174 Views)

President Buhari With Jonathan After Council Of State Meeting (photos) / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan After Church Service In Bayelsa (pic) / Aso Rock Deserted After Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
egbesegbe:

I am not defending anybody my dear. So, are you saying everything you get from Google is absolutely right? My dear, are you serious with what you are saying. For the fact he got one out of over 20 definitions of corruption from the net to put up a criticism that is not logical to GEJ's explanation is very unprofessional as a prof. I am even disappointed with the way you put up your argument.
That is oxford dictionary definition of corruption
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by faceve: 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
[quote author=waternogetemeny post=30648069][size=14pt]GEJ on point and APC weeping.

Omo can dey survive the shock of 28 March Buhari out of politics?

GEJ till Buhari and his supporters finish school.[/size]
[/quote)so we still have some reasonale peeople ,not all those otundos shouting almajeri GMB,i like the president answer to dose medias becos he twisted everything for them ,they tink he is like dat. Dictator called who can rarely speak a good english

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by egbesegbe: 3:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

I don't get your drift. I feel embarrassed each time someone says my country is corrupt. But u guys feel the word is a beautiful one sort of a compliment. Please stealing is corruption. The president goofed by saying the contrary. You said there are other things that are corrupt practices. That's right. Stealing is one of them and to say stealing is not corruption makes no sense to me
I agree totally with you, but for prof to come out and claim that corruption is only attributed to people in power is something I totally disagree with.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by fritiyo: 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
Let me give a brief meaning of corruption and stealing snce it has caused so much confusion on our discus in this forum.

CORRUPTION according to the English dictionary means,the act of corrupting or of impairing integrity,virtue, moral principle, the state of being corrupted or debased, loss of purity or integrity, depravity, wickedness, impurity and bribery.

STEALING on the other hand means to illagelly or without the owners permission take possession of something by surreptitiously taking or carrying it away.

Now, going by the meaning of corruption victual all of us here in this forum including Yemi Osinbajo and BUhari and Nigerians are corrupt. where as all of us here,Yemi buhari can not be said to be stealing. may be some of us has done the act of stealing without no one knowing. But does not mean corruption.
if I may sak: BRIBING A POLICE OFFICER IS IT STEALING? If they answer is no, jonathan might probably b right.

Buhari on a larger scale is more corrupt than gej for perjury or forgery of his waec certificate. But gej could b seen as stealing the Nigerians resource without our knowledge.
corruption run through old and young boys and girls in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by egbesegbe: 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

That is oxford dictionary definition of corruption
Do you believe there are other definitions from other authors even from other schools of thought?
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Proffdada: 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
Uchelucky:
Prof Osinbajo is even more clueless than I thought.
He is trying to define corruption with respect to the Alleged stealing is not corruption.
1.No detionary defines stealing as corruption. In fact there thousands of things makes one corrupt not just stealing.
The president said how do you explain to villagers that somebody is corrupt and you expect them to understand you. Its better you call a thief a thief than tag him corrupt.
Because of politics, Osinbajo has lost touch of reality.
u r the 1 who lost touch of reality

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by codedguy1(m): 4:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
If he likes, he can quote Obama. It can not change the truth. Stealing is a corrupt act. Anyone embezzling government fund is corrupt.

You are now slowly getting the drift. Thanks for supporting my stand.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by adanny01(m): 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2015
egbesegbe:

I am not defending anybody my dear. So, are you saying everything you get from Google is absolutely right? My dear, are you serious with what you are saying. For the fact he got one out of over 20 definitions of corruption from the net to put up a criticism that is not logical to GEJ's explanation is very unprofessional as a prof. I am even disappointed with the way you put up your argument.

Because the google, the Prof and me dont align with you or GEJ we are all wrong and you are disappointed.

Dont forget that each number of the defination of word corruption, it has a different context.

I dont have anything more to tell you.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by codedguy1(m): 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

I don't get your drift. I feel embarrassed each time someone says my country is corrupt. But u guys feel the word is a beautiful one sort of a compliment. Please stealing is corruption. The president goofed by saying the contrary. You said there are other things that are corrupt practices. That's right. Stealing is one of them and to say stealing is not corruption makes no sense to me

You cannot directly equate stealing with corruption. Stealing is a subset of corruption. Like I said stealing, cheating, bribery, even waywardness.

If you say someone is corrupt you have to further define what type of corruption that person is. Did the person steal, did he cheat, nepotism, favouritism and all are all subsets of corruption. We have used the word corruption to describe 90% of the cases of outright theft that we now feel stealing is corruption.

People can only describe your country as corrupt because all the subset of corruption happens in Nigeria, that's why the collective name of corruption is used.

Like the president asked, if you say someone is corrupt, you will need to further describe what he specifically did which could be nepotism and not stealing or both so how is stealing corruption when other things can be involved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Bro it makes no sense to any one else except Jonathan and his fanboys!
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Mhystique: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
GEJ supporters are silly,stealing is an act of corruption,but if he wants us to differenciate,he is a curropt leader and a thief.jonathan is barawo,ole.all government officials should go watch muyiwa ademolas movie owo okuta [the law of karma].heartless pple.i want change because i know GEJ cant do anything,wld give buhari a chance and if he dosent improve NIGERIA,he would be flushed out.but i cant just sit and give my vote to a clueless one to rule for a decade with nothing to show for it.
BUHARI/OSIBANJO
dey av got my vote

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by egbesegbe: 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
adanny01:

Because the google, the Prof and me dont align with you or GEJ we are all wrong and you are disappointed.

Dont forget that each number of the defination of word corruption, it has a different context.

I dont have anything more to tell you.

Since you know it has different context and concepts, why will prof come out and publicly denounced the context used by GEJ?
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
egbesegbe:

I agree totally with you, but for prof to come out and claim that corruption is only attributed to people in power is something I totally disagree with.

OMG where did you see that "only" part? And moreso, power isn't limited to government, man, use that fxcking grey matter!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by egbesegbe: 5:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
django1:

OMG where did you see that "only" part? And moreso, power isn't limited to government, man, use that fxcking grey matter!

Did you go through his tweet? Where he claimed it for people in power? I brought out a scenario and someone called it a fraud defending prof
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by jamace(m): 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
Osibanjo should shut up.

Osibanjo is a rapist and very corrupt: https://www.nairaland.com/2063845/yemi-osibanjo-accused-rape-corruption
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by adanny01(m): 5:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
egbesegbe:

Since you know it has different context and concepts, why will prof come out and publicly denounced the context used by GEJ?

Kai, u r impossible. I have tried to put up something for you but its pointless.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by kinglekan: 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
spott:
This man is smarter than GEJ
. A simple dictionary definition makes him smarter than GEJ right? Jeez Nigerians can be downright funny ooo. Truth is am not partisan and left to me I don't see any reason why either of the should be giving the opportunity to govern this country. Buhari seized power via a military coup and now he is coming as the messiah? Laughable!!! Nwaz in order not to digress from the post. GEJ qouted a past CJN is that too difficult for Nigerians to comprehend? If a CJN with all the law books he has read can make such statement, why can't we ask a more intelligent question like WHY?? I am not a fan of GEJ nor his goverment but what he has said isn't far from the truth. The word corruption has been abused and has lost value, but call someone a THIEF and people would despise such immediately.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by ukandi1(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
daniel9202:

where exactly is this one heading to?

that d definition by prof osinbajo is not appropriate. That its not only those in power that are corrupt..
He wrote in english not swahili. Revisit his writeup pls.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Cityguy: 11:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
tolustx:

If that was truly d president's response to d 'stealing is not corruption' statement, I believe dat is simple and straightforward. That shud not be difficult even for an illeterate to understand, not to talk of a professor.
Gmb/pyo shud remember now dat uneasy lies d head dat bears d crown. It is easy to condemn / pull someone down but it is a very tasking thing to please people.
Am beginning to believe his Ph.d stands for 'pull him down' otherwise, that explanation by GEJ makes more sense than this kindergarten definition of his.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Cityguy: 11:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
Anoda definiton by those in power alone. We are hearing diff versions. To all those thinkin APC would be diff they would be most disappointed.
You dey mind them? Are they different in Lagos, Edo or Rivers? Well, we deserve the kind of leadership we have. They give us little crumbs and we shout 'oyoyoooooo' while the biggest slices have been kept in their kitty. The 'change' mantra is just a clamor for fresh legs in Aso rock and fresh hands to loot our collective wealth.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Cityguy: 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
Onyiridike:
Since Buhari & Osibanjo are experts in issues regarding corruption, let us made the EFCC chairman and Vice chairman respectively and allow GEJ to continue with his transformation agenda.
Lol.. That makes a lot of sense fa! Very ingenious, have never considered that before now.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Cityguy: 11:45pm On Feb 12, 2015
arigold1304:
Who invite this one?....who no go talk to mi presido ......Abegi, shoe have size.......osibanjo find your mate thats go and challenge Sambo first......GEJ TILL 2019
Sambo? Kwa! He was a govrnor elect abi something like that before being VP. How would you now ask that he be placed side by side someone whose highest political stint was that of attorney general of a state? An appointee sef?
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Cityguy: 11:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
D9ty7:
And his definition of corruption is also wrong. Those is power? He must be high on mosquito coil.
He just made me confused all over again.
Hahahahahha. Abeg o, that mosquito coil go get part two so? Make person no come kaput na! He's a gentleman sha and I like him. He should just distance himself from dirty politics cos however white a piece of yam is, when it enters red oil is rarely same again.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by Jesusloveyou: 11:55am On Feb 13, 2015
fritiyo:
Let me give a brief meaning of corruption and stealing snce it has caused so much confusion on our discus in this forum.

CORRUPTION according to the English dictionary means,the act of corrupting or of impairing integrity,virtue, moral principle, the state of being corrupted or debased, loss of purity or integrity, depravity, wickedness, impurity and bribery.

STEALING on the other hand means to illagelly or without the owners permission take possession of something by surreptitiously taking or carrying it away.

Now, going by the meaning of corruption victual all of us here in this forum including Yemi Osinbajo and BUhari and Nigerians are corrupt. where as all of us here,Yemi buhari can not be said to be stealing. may be some of us has done the act of stealing without no one knowing. But does not mean corruption.
if I may sak: BRIBING A POLICE OFFICER IS IT STEALING? If they answer is no, jonathan might probably b right.

Buhari on a larger scale is more corrupt than gej for perjury or forgery of his waec certificate. But gej could b seen as stealing the Nigerians resource without our knowledge.
corruption run through old and young boys and girls in Nigeria.
u try in ur explaination,but u are stil wrong. stealing,bribing,mismanagement,diverting of fund,not doing ur duty work,late coming to work,indiscipline are all corruption.on buhari perjury-if i forget my bag in ur store,and i was very sure that i left it there,and at first u admit that maybe d bag is in ur store,but later,u did not see d bag again or u deny see it,does that result to perjury?and how wil that be corruption.gej is corrupt by mismanagement of our resources,diverting of fund,not holding anybody that steal in his regime. d military are corrupt,1 trilion naira budget to fight insecurity disappear into their pocket that make them have swelling (big)stomach.inec staff are corrupt,not doing their duty work or coming to work late,which result to non distribution of pvc,couple with military negligence that lead to election postponement,police taking bribe to allow criminals go scot free,are all example of corruption that affect u and i,and our society,but if u late to ur business centre,that does not affect anybody,and is not corruption,pls let change our orientation.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by fritiyo: 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
u try in ur explaination,but u are stil wrong. stealing,bribing,mismanagement,diverting of fund,not doing ur duty work,late coming to work,indiscipline are all corruption.on buhari perjury-if i forget my bag in ur store,and i was very sure that i left it there,and at first u admit that maybe d bag is in ur store,but later,u did not see d bag again or u deny see it,does that result to perjury?and how wil that be corruption.gej is corrupt by mismanagement of our resources,diverting of fund,not holding anybody that steal in his regime. d military are corrupt,1 trilion naira budget to fight insecurity disappear into their pocket that make them have swelling (big)stomach.inec staff are corrupt,not doing their duty work or coming to work late,which result to non distribution of pvc,couple with military negligence that lead to election postponement,police taking bribe to allow criminals go scot free,are all example of corruption that affect u and i,and our society,but if u late to ur business centre,that does not affect anybody,and is not corruption,pls let change our orientation.

my big bro forgery of certificate is also corruption whichever way you explain it. claiming smthing which you never had in life is a big lie and taken an oath for what you had net is perjury.
buhari is corruption u know it.
Are u telling me BUhari is a saint right.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by djkirkoo2(m): 6:43am On Dec 31, 2015
xpac01:
This man sounds sensible, but hope he won't dissapoint when they get there.
Are they disappointing u now?

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by djkirkoo2(m): 6:47am On Dec 31, 2015
raumdeuter:
Jonathan's responses to the corruption question are borderline retarded.

This country deserves better

Sai Buhari
And now welcome to kai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by djkirkoo2(m): 6:52am On Dec 31, 2015
tolustx:

If that was truly d president's response to d 'stealing is not corruption' statement, I believe dat is simple and straightforward. That shud not be difficult even for an illeterate to understand, not to talk of a professor.
Gmb/pyo shud remember now dat uneasy lies d head dat bears d crown. It is easy to condemn / pull someone down but it is a very tasking thing to please people.
And now your words has come to pass

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by ddippset(m): 7:31am On Dec 31, 2015
People are being dishonest with what gej said that night. Even gej himself tried to deny what he actually said. I watched it live and gej was trying to actually trivialize stealing, he was actually trying to water down stealing wrt corruption. Here is part of what Gej said and I quote 'ordinary stealing you people will be calling it corruption, ordinary stealing'
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by xpac01(m): 7:40am On Dec 31, 2015
djkirkoo2:
Are they disappointing u now?
My brother let's continue watching sha but they''re really dissing my appointment. Let's hope they get better.
Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by HiddenShadow: 7:41am On Dec 31, 2015
tolustx:

You comment has withstood the test of time

Buhari over to you

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat by efilefun(m): 7:57am On Dec 31, 2015
waternogetemeny:
GEJ on point and APC weeping.

Omo can dey survive the shock of 28 March Buhari out of politics?

GEJ till Buhari and his supporters finish school.
Now who is trying so hard to remain relevant after March28 Your guess is as good as mine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Moment Oladipo Diya Kneeling And Begging Abacha Not To Kill Him -VIDEO / How Andy Uba’s 200,000 APC Supporters Were Stopped / Photos: Was V.P Osinbajo Scolding Gov. Ambode In This Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.