Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. (35166 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Photo Of Buhari, Obasanjo And Abdusalami At AU Assembly / See What Fayose's Thugs Did To Students Who Endorsed Buhari (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 12, 2015
Anikulhapo:
my prayer is that you must be alive and see mass defeat .......and buhari will still cry again
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by agabusta: 11:21am On Feb 12, 2015
AllBusiness:

[size=20pt]OBASANJO ENDORSED BUHARI 100% CONFIRMED, LIVE....

CNN, BBC, SKY, E.T.C ALL CONFIRMED THIS FROM THEIR RELIABLE SOURCES

WE ALL KNOW Channels tv AS ANTI-BUHARI, THEY CAN DO ANYTHING TO CONVINCE NIGERIANS [/size]

Dont mind them. Pls if you can, it will be desirable if you can modify your post to paste the actual report there on the front page to counter the lies of these Tanoids. Find the report below:

[size=14pt]Obasanjo Clears Air On Reported Buhari Endorsement[/size]

Channels Television.
Updated February 12, 2015

Olusegun Obasanjo, Former president of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has again cleared the air on his stand concerning the forthcoming presidential elections, as well as the candidate he will support.

At the launch of his new book ‘My Watch’ in the United Kingdom, Obasanjo responded to questions on reports that he had endorsed the presidential candidate of the APC, General Muhammadu Buhari, maintaining that his wish is to see Nigeria headed by a strong president.

“Well, whatever you get in the paper and in the press, please yourself, he said, referring to guests at the event who wanted to confirm the reported endorsement.

He added that “”What I said and I maintain that and I will say it again and I will do it. When the time comes for me to vote, I will consider the track record of all the candidates that are contesting and I will assess and based on my assessment for who I believe have the best track record to perform the job of the Nigerian president, then he will have my vote and if anybody should know what the job of the Nigerian president requires, I should know.”

He further noted that “Nigeria has a population of 180 million and you wouldn’t have anybody other than one person or two persons that can run the affairs of Nigeria? What the hell are we talking about?

“For me there are millions who can run the affairs of Nigeria who are not even coming out. So why should you die on behalf of one who is probably performing as a mediocre. With all due respect.

“Nigeria, if you love it, you would look for the best for Nigeria and I don’t believe that at this point in time we have the best for Nigeria,” he said.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/02/12/obasanjo-clears-air-reported-buhari-endorsement/
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by nickydof(m): 11:21am On Feb 12, 2015
Asking for endorsement from OBJ is equivalent to requesting legitimacy from an illlegitimate entity, morality from an immoral fellow........
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by zimoni(f): 11:21am On Feb 12, 2015
Obasanjo had been acting drama for long, it's a pity hayfeecee fell for it.

Baba is a confama PDP Man.

God punish devil.

Jonathan till 2019.
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by ozoigbondu: 11:23am On Feb 12, 2015
BabaO2:

Ok, OBJ is a hero

But buhari your demi-god was rejoicing over this non existent though irrelvant endorsement

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by millionaireman: 11:24am On Feb 12, 2015
oshyno:
General Obasanjo has just debunked rumour that he has endorsed Buhari. Speaking with Channels correspondent in london where the general was launching his controversial book "my watch" debunked the news making the round that he has endorsed buhari.

He said he is still making assesment of the two candidates and will make his position known after conviction on who between Buhari and Jonathan will perfom better.

Source: Channels tv

BUT WHO CARES, WHO OBJ ENDORSES #GEJTILL2019
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by MARKone(m): 11:24am On Feb 12, 2015
ARKdiscloser7:
What the hell is the effect of his endorsement?
A man that had every opportunity to reorganize this country positively after a long period of military rule.
All he did with his dull brain was to drag Nigeria back by 10 years.
For 8 yrs of his rule, corruption was at its peak.
Impunity
embezzlement
electoral fraud
darkness
fuel scarcity
impeachment both governors and legislature
etc...

and now some party say his endorsement is supreme.
what a country!
There was country!!

Infact I find in laughable. This is a man that spent $16 billion on power, yet darkness prevails everywhere. This is a man who turned a blind eye, when his untouchables masterminded the kidnapping of a sitting governor, yet this people are still walking free. I really don't know what both parties stand to gain if the Ota farmer endorses any of their principal candidates. I tire for these people.

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by erico2k2(m): 11:26am On Feb 12, 2015
saaedlee:
We all know his choice is GMB
I dont think so cos if it is then there would be no reason to debunk the report.it would be free publicity on his part
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by agabusta: 11:26am On Feb 12, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

[size=24pt]GO AND COMMIT SUICIDE, IT WAS OBASANJO HIMSELF THAT SAID HE HAS NOT ENDORSED ANYBODY NOT CHANNEL TV. CONTINUE TO BURY YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.

HANG YOURSELF, EWU![/size]

[size=16pt]Liar!!! Show us where Obasanjo used the words "I have not endorsed Buhari".[/size]
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by endymetrix(m): 11:27am On Feb 12, 2015
Abeg I wan confirm something:

Hit Like for GEJ
Hit Share for GMB

4 Likes

Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Orikinla(m): 11:27am On Feb 12, 2015
[size=28pt]This is not coming from OBJ.
PDP and their liars will never stop their desperation to wreck the nation.[/size]
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by dre11(m): 11:29am On Feb 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

You sef.
Looks like you've put on the two-faced garb politicians are known for.
You it was, singing "Baba's" praises just yesterday because he allegedly endorsed Buhari, now we're back to square one?

Check what I said in the whole post here...

Hasn't baba deserted him
From book publication
To him not following to campaign with him
To the meeting he had to call pastor Adeboye and Oyedepo
To his sling he gives to him in his book
The President calling him a tout and garage man

Check the post and tell me where I was two faced

Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Jowonloju(m): 11:29am On Feb 12, 2015
atbu1983:
OP stop lying. Obasanjo did not deny the endorsement.This is what is on channels TV website:

Former president of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has again cleared the air on his stand concerning the forthcoming presidential elections, as well as the candidate he will support.

At the launch of his new book ‘My Watch’ in the United Kingdom, Obasanjo responded to questions on reports that he had endorsed the presidential candidate of the APC, General Muhammadu Buhari, maintaining that his wish is to see Nigeria headed by a strong president.

“Well, whatever you get in the paper and in the press, please yourself, he said, referring to guests at the event who wanted to confirm the reported endorsement.

He added that “”What I said and I maintain that and I will say it again and I will do it. When the time comes for me to vote, I will consider the track record of all the candidates that are contesting and I will assess and based on my assessment for who I believe have the best track record to perform the job of the Nigerian president, then he will have my vote and if anybody should know what the job of the Nigerian president requires, I should know.”

He further noted that “Nigeria has a population of 180 million and you wouldn’t have anybody other than one person or two persons that can run the affairs of Nigeria? What the hell are we talking about?

“For me there are millions who can run the affairs of Nigeria who are not even coming out. So why should you die on behalf of one who is probably performing as

I JUST WASH THE INTERVIEW NOW, IT IS A RE-ENDORSEMENT. AND THE CAPTION IS "OBASNJO CLEARS THE AIR" NOT DENYING.
PDP GUYS ARE SO DESPERATE.
ANYWAY WITH OR WITHOUT OBJ IT IS SAY BUHARI
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Sammiejokes(m): 11:33am On Feb 12, 2015
ambrosini593:
Chei APC can lie. This is ridiculous
I dont understand the kind of people we breed in this country, people that fail to read but only talk before reasoning. waz APC with OBJ @ BBC when he talked about Buhari or Amanpour was drunk when she asked buhari wat waz his opinion on OBJ's endorsement. OBJ is just playing mind games, he is a maradona on his own, why did he talk about the election when he promised not to talk only after the election
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 12, 2015
agabusta:

[size=16pt]Liar!!! Show us where Obasanjo used the words "I have not endorsed Buhari".[/size]

Obasanjo is playing smart but whether he endorses Jonathan or not, Jonathan will be president till 2019. OBJ is no longer relevant; he could not deliver his ward to the party and could not help his daughter. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by MizMyColi(f): 11:35am On Feb 12, 2015
dre11:

Check what I said in the whole post here...

Hasn't baba deserted him
From book publication
To him not following to campaign with him
To the meeting he had to call pastor Adeboye and Oyedepo
To his sling he gives to him in his book
The President calling him a tout and garage man

Check the post and tell me where I was two faced

Forgetttiiii
All that one na wash. hehehehehe.

Baba OBJ is acting like a high priest of confusion.
I won't be surprised to finally hear he neither has faith in GEJ nor GMB.

Owh, it might interest you to know that Baba was at GEJ's daughters wedding.
He was seated at the venue before GEJ himself.
I was told by a live eyewitness that the way they HUGGED EACHOTHER at the reception was momentous.

Folks were surprised and were even kinda disappointed at the man.
You see why I support these politicians loosely and not like my life depended on it?

Ibos call that kind of attitude Mma Ihu Na'abu

*Two-Faced Machete*

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Efomeh2020(m): 11:37am On Feb 12, 2015
He didn't talk about endorsement but his tone sounds like most Nigerians. Tired of the present government!
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by PassingShot(m): 11:39am On Feb 12, 2015
ARKdiscloser7:
What the hell is the effect of his endorsement?
A man that had every opportunity to reorganize this country positively after a long period of military rule.
All he did with his dull brain was to drag Nigeria back by 10 years.
For 8 yrs of his rule, corruption was at its peak.
Impunity
embezzlement
electoral fraud
darkness
fuel scarcity
impeachment both governors and legislature
etc...

and now some party say his endorsement is supreme.
what a country!
There was country!!

I said similar thing in another thread. Buhari does not need OBJ's support to win. Just as he doesn't need that of IBB too. It's better he doesn't even seek it. It is Jonathan and Jonathanians that stand to lose more grounds with OBJ not in their camp.
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 12, 2015
Buh I that obj said he'd remain silent till after elections.. indeed

SILENCE IS GOLDEN
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 12, 2015
agabusta:

Paste the full report, why are you trying to give the report your own interpretation. We can read, pls paste the report for us.

Mods pls we need the full report on the front page instead of this interpretation.
OAM4J, Afam4eva, maclatunji, Ikenna351, Ngwakwe

Seun we need everybody to see the complete news. The OP is very biased in the way the news was interpreted. We need the complete news on the front page, otherwise it means nairaland has joined the likes of AIT, NTA and STV as propaganda media outlets of the PDP.
oh boy it never reach like that. ........free the guy he knows what he is doing. ...because not everyone has access to Internet
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 12, 2015
AllBusiness:

WE ALL KNOW Channels tv AS ANTI-BUHARI, THEY CAN DO ANYTHING TO CONVINCE NIGERIANS [/size]
lol, But i think say na AIT be anti buhari nah, when did channels join. Later na TVC AND LTV go join the race of anti buhari just the same way they did in 2011 at the last minute of the presidential election.
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by xhamel89: 11:42am On Feb 12, 2015
AllBusiness:

You are a confirm mumu! Did you read from that link or you just come here to spew rubbish. The man said no, you are quoting thoe who are far away from Nigeria. You get understanding problem o. Serious problem, yo got.
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by LANREFORWA: 11:43am On Feb 12, 2015
GEJ can win with or without Obj endorsement, he is a sheperd of his own household
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by adioolayi(m): 11:48am On Feb 12, 2015
Thought PDP spokes person FFK said OBJ has just one vote, meaning he can't influence any decision? So why are the TANoids rejoicing over this news? Abeg, leave the man alone! APC knows he is important, and that's why #GMB admit that, endorsing him by OBJ will get him more vote

#GeneralMarch4Buhari
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by dre11(m): 11:49am On Feb 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

Forgetttiiii
All that one na wash. hehehehehe.

Baba OBJ is acting like a high priest of confusion.
I won't be surprised to finally hear he neither has faith in GEJ nor GMB.

Owh, it might interest you to know that Baba was at GEJ's daughters wedding.
He was seated at the venue before GEJ himself.
I was told by a live eyewitness that the way they HUGGED EACHOTHER at the reception was momentous.

Folks were surprised and were even kinda disappointed at the man.
You see why I support these politicians loosely and not like my life depended on it?

Ibos call that kind of attitude Mma Ihu Na'abu

*Two-Faced Machete*

OBJ doesn't excite me in any sense.....
For him to still remain in PDP and romancing APC is one thing I don't like about him
Because he is playing Peter and Paul.

His endorsements or not means nothing to me
Because he is one of the people that has made this nation like this
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 12, 2015
[quote author=TheOtherview post=30657897][/quote] thanks for the video. ....I just finished watching it now thanks a lot. ......but my question is why did apc choose to lie always. ...

GEJ TILL 2019
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by BabaO2: 11:53am On Feb 12, 2015
ozoigbondu:

But buhari your demi-god was rejoicing over this non existent though irrelvant endorsement
It shows you are not a learned. How do you expect him to reply to such a question, to reject him?. This incoming president is clearly different from clueless imbec!le Ebele Jonathan that would have been lost of words if such a question is thrown at him
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Orunto: 11:53am On Feb 12, 2015
OBJ please don't endorse any of the candidates. Be a Father figure. Be DE of US, WC of UK and MANDELA of SA. Your endorsement of either GEJ or GMB will see this election as a battle between you and the other you don't endorse. And this will stain your white garment of democratic cridentials.
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by babaireti(m): 11:53am On Feb 12, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Another in a long list of APC lie and propaganda bursted grin.Liars from the pit of hell abounds in APC
We all know who has the KEYS to hell and his prefered candidate,so it is PDP that can go get a LIE from the pit of HELL because they have the key to their HOMES
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by Bright2(m): 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
Chai, are you Mr 2face obasanjo? Please remain where you are we don't care who you endorsed & beside you have played an anti party role, you might lose your membership card after the election.
Re: I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. by ozoigbondu: 12:02pm On Feb 12, 2015
BabaO2:

It shows you are not a learned. How do you expect him to reply to such a question, to reject him?. This incoming president is clearly different from clueless imbec!le Ebele Jonathan that would have been lost of words if such a question is thrown at him

If your buhari was incorruptible as you goons make him out to be he should have Felt insulted by the endorsement of mr corruption himmself OBJ but he is desperate and corrupt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits Ifeanyi Ubah FC In Nnewi (Photos) / Akpabio Decries Conduct Of PDP Officials / Buhari Leads In Kaduna After 11 Local Governments’ Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.