Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,097 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? (2463 Views)

The Mystery And The Power Of Our Faith In God, Jesus Christ And The Holy Spirit / Girl Uses Her School Fees To Sow Seed Of Faith In Church / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by vera031(f): 11:15am On Feb 12, 2015
Most atimes we all get scared of professing our faith. For example:
You see a Catholic who cannot say the grace before meal or make the sign of the cross because he/she is outside.
You see a christain who is afraid to share the gospel either in their place of work or in the bus because they are scared of what people might say.
Most of us eat outside without praying. Why? Are we scared of someone or something? Are we shy because we are christains? Or is it by your grace grace that you are hale and hearthy even after the meal?.

Most people are even ready to renounce their faith when threatened.
Please I need an answer.......... Why are we scared
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by elantraceey(f): 11:22am On Feb 12, 2015
I'm not , most times i try not to so as not to be seen as one with the holier than thou attitude but my actions and words most times does.
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by vera031(f): 11:46am On Feb 12, 2015
elantraceey:
I'm not , most times i try not to so as not to be seen as one with the holier than thou attitude but my actions and words most times does.

What you have to realise is that when it comes to serving God you don't have to consider what people would think as long as you are doing the right thing.
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:52am On Feb 12, 2015
Christians need to ve crucified lyk thw dead jew they worship.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by lordraiden(m): 11:53am On Feb 12, 2015
I pray wen i want to drink beer wit my niggaz,aint afraid or ashame of no one cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by PeyButtons(f): 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
Most times it's because some christians aren't sure of their stand with God. They tends to seek for help from other gods if they can't really wait on God for a long time. And if you are not sure of the product that you tasted how will you precribe it to others?!

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
PeyButtons:
Most times it's because some christians aren't sure of their stand with God. They tends to seek for help from other gods if they can't really wait on God for a long time. And if you are not sure of the product that you tasted how will you precribe it to others?!

You call that dead jew your God? Shey no get common sense?
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by vera031(f): 12:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
PeyButtons:
That seems to be the case atimes.
lordraiden:
I pray wen i want to drink beer wit my niggaz,aint afraid or ashame of no one cool
I like your courage
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by lordraiden(m): 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
vera031:

That seems to be the case atimes.

I like your courage
tnx
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by PeyButtons(f): 1:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

You call that dead jew your God? Shey no get common sense?

Expantiate on your comment, I don't seems to understand your words
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by PeyButtons(f): 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2015
vera031:
You see a Catholic who cannot say the grace before meal or make the sign of the cross because he/she is outside.
You see a christain who is afraid to share the gospel either in their place of work or in the bus because they are scared of what people might say.
Most of us eat outside without praying. Why? Are we scared of someone or something? Are we shy because we are christains? Or is it by your grace grace that you are hale and hearthy even after the meal?.

What church do you attend?
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
PeyButtons:

Expantiate on your comment, I don't seems to understand your words

How can you consider a dead jewish human being called jesus your GOD? a created being. A human.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by Alexk2(m): 2:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
anybody who is ashamed to associate with Jesus in public isnt really for Him; i.e never know Him for real!
even on social media, most pple would rather share/post pics than talk about their faith and wouldnt like to comment, like or share any post that talk about Jesus.

there is no two way about it, if you love som1, u'll always feel proud to talk about him/her or do what he/she loves....same thing with ur profession; if you are for Jesus Christ, you'll be proud to talk about Him always.
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by vera031(f): 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2015
Alexk2:
anybody who is ashamed to associate with Jesus in public isnt really for Him; i.e never know Him for real!
even on social media, most pple would rather share/post pics than talk about their faith and wouldnt like to comment, like or share any post that talk about Jesus.
there is no two way about it, if you love som1, u'll always feel proud to talk about him/her or do what he/she loves....same thing with ur profession; if you are for Jesus Christ, you'll be proud to talk about Him always.
That is exactly what I'm saying. Thanks for the contribution.
@peybuttons I'm a catholic.
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by Hildalicious(f): 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
vera031:

Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by Hildalicious(f): 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
vera031:

Christianity is best expressed by action or loving your neighbor as yourself rather than mere speaking out or professing.
the best way to profess your faith is not professing at all, let people see the light in you.
nobody is interested in your talking or preaching
if Christianity or Jesus is the way you will simply live the teachings of Jesus let people wish to be like you, and stop talking or preaching
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by PeyButtons(f): 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

How can you consider a dead jewish human being called jesus your GOD? a created being. A human.

Thou shall not blasphemy against the Holy Spirit because it is unforgiven. It will be very nice if u don't comment if you have nothing good to contribute. Thanks and God bless
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by Nobody: 2:20am On Feb 13, 2015
I talk about God everywhere and everyday

He who doesn't wanna hear should shut his ears or something
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by dolphinheart(m): 3:12am On Feb 13, 2015
Hildalicious:

Christianity is best expressed by action or loving your neighbor as yourself rather than mere speaking out or professing.
the best way to profess your faith is not professing at all, let people see the light in you.
nobody is interested in your talking or preaching
if Christianity or Jesus is the way you will simply live the teachings of Jesus let people wish to be like you, and stop talking or preaching

But jesus said we should preach Na!
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by Hildalicious(f): 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
dolphinheart:

Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by Hildalicious(f): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2015
dolphinheart:

that is true!
preaching is good, but living your life without preaching is better.
so, if you see people like us not preaching it doesn't mean we are ashamed of Jesus or our faith.
it's just that we want to live the freedom Jesus gave to us ,we want to be free from preaching, going to church, too much prayer,shouting and speaking in tongues ,and enjoy our lives.
let those who want to be free from religion (athiests ) know that we can truly be free in religion.
it takes knowledge and understanding to come to this level of your faith, which is the highest level of spirituality in Christianity.
enjoyment of life is the highest level of spirituality.
speaking in tongues,preaching and going to church is the lowest level. a lot of people don't know.
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by davien(m): 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
MzNelly:
I talk about God everywhere and everyday

He who doesn't wanna hear should shut his ears or something
Would you also be so presumptive if this very comment was made by a muslim?...
Either listen to those arabic chants or shut your ears? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by vera031(f): 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hildalicious:

that is true!
so, if you see people like us not preaching it doesn't mean we are ashamed of Jesus or our faith.
it's just that we want to live the freedom Jesus gave to us ,we want to be free from preaching, going to church, too much prayer,shouting and speaking in tongues ,and enjoy our lives.
let those who want to be free from religion (athiests ) know that we can truly be free in religion.
it takes knowledge and understanding to come to this level of your faith, which is the highest level of spirituality in Christianity.
speaking in tongues,preaching and going to church is the lowest level. a lot of people don't know.

If the gospel wasn't preached to you or if the missionaries had your mindset, would you have known about it? For all we know we would still be idol worshippers. Showing your faith can be in so many ways; you might see someone going the wrong part and decide to talk to the person.
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by dolphinheart(m): 3:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hildalicious:

that is true!

So e dey right as a Christian not to follow jesus command to preach?
So as a Christian, you count preaching and going to church as a burden?
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by paxonel(m): 3:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hildalicious:

that is true!
ahahahahahaa
lol.
you funny o,
i like you
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by Hildalicious(f): 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2015
paxonel:

ahahahahahaa
lol.
you funny o,
i like you
thanks
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by Hildalicious(f): 6:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
vera031:

If the gospel wasn't preached to you or if the missionaries had your mindset, would you have known about it? For all we know we would still be idol worshippers. Showing your faith can be in so many ways; you might see someone going the wrong part and decide to talk to the person.

if you correct people it is not faith professing.
even Muslims correct themselves too.
if you go preach in places where the Gospel has not been heard before, places like the rural areas where African traditional religion are dominated, it is not bad, i can do anything to support that, so long people are converted to Christianity from their African religions.
But to preach in cities like the city i live?
no, i can't do that.
Because, almost everybody here are christians already, thanks to missionaries who broght christianity, they made the job easy for me.
even before i open my bible to a drunkard he will tell me what i don't know in the bible.
so, why should i kill myself?
abeg make i enjoy jare
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by Hildalicious(f): 6:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
dolphinheart:

Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by Hildalicious(f): 6:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
dolphinheart:

before nko?
you.nor know say to go church, pray, na hard tin? sometimes they will even say fast.
imagine!
my grandma always want me to go to church,
i don't know why.
i think church is for old people
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by dolphinheart(m): 8:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hildalicious:

before nko?
you.nor know say to go church, pray, na hard tin? sometimes they will even say fast.
imagine!
my grandma always want me to go to church,
i don't know why.
i think church is for old people

Ok o, I don hear you.
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by paxonel(m): 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
[code][/code]
Hildalicious:

that is true!
i understand
God is liberal
that's true

Hildalicious:

that is true!
i understand
God is liberal
that's true
Re: Why Are We Scared Of Professing Our Faith In Public? by paxonel(m): 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hildalicious:

that is true!
Hildalicious:

that is true!
Hildalicious:

that is true!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday / Response From The Family Of Rev Sammoses Enenche / Anti-infirmity Prayers By Dr. D.K OLUKOYA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.