Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,720 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass (2324 Views)

Armoured Police Vehicle Crushes Protester In Venezuela(Graphic Photos). / Hillary Clinton May Have Been Poisoned By Donald Trump & Putin – Doctor Warns / Have You Any Common Sense?’ – Putin Crushes BBC Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Appleyard(m): 6:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
JOHN SIMPSON, BBC: Western countries almost universally now believe that there’s a new Cold War and that you, frankly, have decided to create that. We see, almost daily, Russian aircraft taking sometimes quite dangerous manoeuvres towards western airspace. That must be done on your orders; you’re the Commander-in-Chief. It must have been your orders that sent Russian troops into the territory of a sovereign country – Crimea first, and then whatever it is that’s going on in Eastern Ukraine. Now you’ve got a big problem with the currency of Russia, and you’re going to need help and support and understanding from outside countries, particularly from the West. So can I say to you, can I ask you now, would you care to take this opportunity to say to people from the West that you have no desire to carry on with the new Cold War, and that you will do whatever you can to sort out the problems in Ukraine? Thank you!

VLADIMIR PUTIN: Thank you very much for your question. About our exercises, manoeuvres and the development of our armed forces. You said that Russia, to a certain extent, contributed to the tension that we are now seeing in the world. Russia did contribute but only insofar as it is more and more firmly protecting its national interests. We are not attacking in the political sense of the word. We are not attacking anyone. We are only protecting our interests. Our Western partners – and especially our US partners – are displeased with us for doing exactly that, not because we are allowing security-related activity that provokes tension.
Let me explain. You are talking about our aircraft, including strategic aviation operations. Do you know that in the early 1990s, Russia completely stopped strategic aviation flights in remote surveillance areas as the Soviet Union previously did? We completely stopped, while flights of US strategic aircraft carrying nuclear weapons continued. Why? Against whom? Who was threatened?
So we didn’t make flights for many years and only a couple of years ago we resumed them. So are we really the ones doing the provoking?
In fact, we only have two bases outside Russia, and both are in areas where terrorist activity is high. One is in Kyrgyzstan, and was deployed there upon request of the Kyrgyz authorities, President Akayev, after it was raided by Afghan militants. The other is in Tajikistan, which also borders on Afghanistan. I would guess you are interested in peace and stability there too. Our presence is justified and clearly understandable.
Now, US bases are scattered around the globe – and you’re telling me Russia is behaving aggressively? Do you have any common sense at all? What are US armed forces doing in Europe, also with tactical nuclear weapons? What are they doing there?
Listen, Russia has increased its military spending for 2015, if I am not mistaken, it is around 50 billion in dollar equivalent. The Pentagon’s budget is ten times that amount, $575 billion, I think, recently approved by the Congress. And you’re telling me we are pursuing an aggressive policy? Is there any common sense in this?
Are we moving our forces to the borders of the United States or other countries? Who is moving NATO bases and other military infrastructure towards us? We aren’t. Is anyone listening to us? Is anyone engaging in some dialogue with us about it? No. No dialogue at all. All we hear is “that’s none of your business. Every country has the right to choose its way to ensure its own security.” All right, but we have the right to do so too. Why can’t we?
Finally, the ABM system – something I mentioned in my Address to the Federal Assembly. Who was it that withdrew unilaterally from the ABM Treaty, one of the cornerstones of the global security system? Was it Russia? No, it wasn’t. The United States did this, unilaterally. They are creating threats for us, they are deploying their strategic missile defence components not just in Alaska, but in Europe as well – in Romania and Poland, very close to us. And you’re telling me we are pursuing an aggressive policy?
If the question is whether we want law-based relations, the answer is yes, but only if our national economic and security interests are absolutely respected.
We negotiated WTO accession for 19 years or so, and consented to compromise on many issues, assuming that we are concluding cast-iron agreements. And then… I will not discuss who’s right and who’s wrong (I already said on many occasions that I believe Russia behaved the right way in the Ukrainian crisis, and the West was wrong, but let us put this aside for now). Still, we joined the WTO. That organisation has rules. And yet, sanctions were imposed on Russia in violation of the WTO rules, the international law and the UN Charter – again unilaterally and illegitimately. Are we in the wrong again?
We want to develop normal relations in the security sphere, in fighting terrorism. We will work together on nuclear non-proliferation, on other threats, and diseases such as Ebola.
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Jokay07(m): 6:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
Crap

1 Like

Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by iPopAlomo(m): 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
This is a leader that is definately not clueless...

3 Likes

Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by castrogee(m): 10:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
@OP

Damn! is this interview real? Did Putin say all those? Please can you provide me with the link.
Thanks
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by NairaMinted: 7:20am On Feb 13, 2015
I find it hard to believe Putin spoke in this manner. Link please
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Missy89(f): 3:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
castrogee:
@OP

Damn! is this interview real? Did Putin say all those? Please can you provide me with the link.
Thanks

NairaMinted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET8ukRY-nro
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by SirShymexx: 6:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

Interesting interview.

Messr Putin the chess master.

----------------
What's up with all these lil snipers I see following you around these days?

You know I'm Chris Kyle in this sniper shiit and Who Dares Wins. tongue
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Appleyard(m): 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
iPopAlomo:
This is a leader that is definately not clueless...

You can say that again dear brother.

When men often boast of wealth and beuty, nothing beats intelligence and brilliancy. Expecially in the face of unrivalled lies and bias, and character defamation; the hallmark of WESTERN MEDIA.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Missy89(f): 7:13pm On Feb 13, 2015
SirShymexx:

Interesting interview.

----------------

What Snipers? lol.

Which one of your profile pic Ladies are you taking out for valentine?
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by SirShymexx: 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

What Snipers? lol.

Which one of your profile pic Ladies are you taking out for valentine?

Lol. I see the lil snipers everyday with my sniper rifle scope. lipsrsealed

Mofo tryna take my spot...till they get hit the fatal shot, and "don't touch this" sound like MC Hammer. tongue

Lmao@ my profile pic - send me ya sexy pic for my profile, so you can be my val.

Deal, or no deal? undecided
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Missy89(f): 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. I see the lil snipers everyday with my sniper rifle scope. lipsrsealed

Mofo tryna take my spot...till they get hit the fatal shot, and "don't touch this" sound like MC Hammer. tongue

Lmao@ my profile pic - send me ya sexy pic for my profile, so you can be my val.

Deal, or no deal? undecided

Online val? which kind val be that? or are you in the US already or on your way grin
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Appleyard(m): 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
castrogee:
@OP

Thanks

Yeah! its real. But know that you wont find it in most of the western main stream media. And even if you do, it wont be on the original format. Cause it doesnt suit thier purpose, just as they did his Vaida's speech.

Anyway,

http://russia-insider.com/en/2014/12/19/2048

1 Like

Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Appleyard(m): 8:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
NairaMinted:

i myself almost find it hard to believe. But when you take into consideration the link below, you should then understand better...

http://russia-insider.com/en/2014/12/19/2048
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Appleyard(m): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

God bless you ,@Missy. I have been trying to post that youtube link, but the damn mobile wont allow me.

Thanks.
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Appleyard(m): 8:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
SirShymexx:

Interesting interview.

----------------

I will like to snipe along with you too, Sir shymex. I must say i missed your threads and strong analysis.

Pls, oblige me your thoughts on the Putin rugged stance.

Thanks
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by NairaMinted: 8:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

Splendid! If only he spoke in the language of the world - English, he wouldn't seem so villain-y in the eyes of many.

God bless Putin!

1 Like

Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by SirShymexx: 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

Online val? which kind val be that? or are you in the US already or on your way grin

Lol. Never underestimate the reach of the saker, once the wings start flapping...up up up and it's gone. tongue

Deal then, yh? grin
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by SirShymexx: 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2015
Appleyard:

I will like to snipe along with you too, Sir shymex. I must say i missed your threads and strong analysis.

Pls, oblige me your thoughts on the Putin rugged stance.

Thanks

Thanks, bruh. Just trying to fall back a bit cos of how confrontation debates do get sometimes, and this forum has a way of bringing out the worst in people. grin

I think Putin is playing a slow, but very effective game in Ukraine, and he wants the Kiev Junta to self-destruct, gradually. While maintaining a balance between the hardliners at home, and the oligarchs. Donbass is gone forever now, and the rebels have dug in, with layers of defenses that would be very difficult to break - even if Kiev gets all the US weapons in the world. Hence every time fighting resumes, they always acquire more territory.

They signed a ceasefire agreement two days, and a lot of folks questioned why Putin agreed to a hasty agreement, since the rebels have about 7,000 - 8,000 Ukrainian forces (a lot of folks believe there are loads of EU and US regulars in there) in Debaltseve, and that's an opportunity to destroy a large chunk Kiev's fighting forces - and see a message to EU. But I think he understood what's at stake, and the bigger picture, hence the carrot and stick approach.

Anyway, I think the end game after Donbass, is Mariupol, for land corridor to Crimea. However, he's ready to play the waiting game, and both the US and EU exhaust everything they have got, without Russia necessarily getting directly involved. By summer the Rebels should smash Kiev to bits and they might have enough to declare a republic then. Personally, I don't think Ukraine will ever be united again, to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Missy89(f): 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
NairaMinted:

Splendid! If only he spoke in the language of the world - English, he wouldn't seem so villain-y in the eyes of many.

God bless Putin!

He speaks English

Thick accent thou grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awWAd-jdwDg
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Appleyard(m): 11:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
SirShymexx:

Thanks, bruh. Just trying to fall back a bit cos of how confrontation debates do get sometimes, and this forum has a way of bringing out the worst in people. grin

I think Putin is playing a slow, but very effective game in Ukraine, and he wants the Kiev Junta to self-destruct, gradually. While maintaining a balance between the hardliners at home, and the oligarchs. Donbass is gone forever now, and the rebels have dug in, with layers of defenses that would be very difficult to break - even if Kiev gets all the US weapons in the world. Hence every time fighting resumes, they always acquire more territory.

They signed a ceasefire agreement two days, and a lot of folks questioned why Putin agreed to a hasty agreement, since the rebels have about 7,000 - 8,000 Ukrainian forces (a lot of folks believe there are loads of EU and US regulars in there) in Debaltseve, and that's an opportunity to destroy a large chunk Kiev's fighting forces - and see a message to EU. But I think he understood what's at stake, and the bigger picture, hence the carrot and stick approach.

Anyway, I think the end game after Donbass, is Mariupol, for land corridor to Crimea. However, he's ready to play the waiting game, and both the US and EU exhaust everything they have got, without Russia necessarily getting directly involved. By summer the Rebels should smash Kiev to bits and they might have enough to declare a republic then. Personally, I don't think Ukraine will ever be united again, to be honest.

When children shrieks, the caretakers may listen. But when the elders speaks, the youngs are obliged to adhere. Whenever intelletuals like Sir Shymex yarn, the 'zombified' ones are encouraged to learn the incomprehensible power of analytical discourse.

To say you are spot-on on the Ukrainian frontline, is to say the least. Your analysis perfectly fit. the reality.

It beats my imagination that the pathetic 'sons of Cain' still think they can issue orders and ultimatums to a nation like Russia, and expect them to be obeyed. Now, like you rightly noted, they are learning the hard way.

Yes! Once that Mariupol route is completely secured, Satan himself would abandone Kiev and its Junta-ISIS-like army of death, and the 5billion Dollar colour revolution proxy war of the Empire against Russia would effectively amount to 'a wasted project'.

Because, by then, the 'war' would have been completely lost. And like you said, the Ukraine will use to know, can never be the same again without the East. Because once the East leaves or becomes self autonomous, the likes of Karkov and Odessa would follow suit, and the reparcussions would reverbrate elsewhere.

The Ukraine as we know it is GONE FOR EVER.
So, The Great Chess master Can continue to play THE WAITING GAME.
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by castrogee(m): 4:44am On Feb 14, 2015
SirShymexx:

Spot on. Damn, you are so right!
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by NairaMinted: 8:58am On Feb 14, 2015
Missy89:

He speaks English

Thick accent thou grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awWAd-jdwDg

I am very much aware of this video. I know he speaks English - albeit laboriously.

What I meant is he speaking it more often especiAlly when addressing the international press. It's a game of hearts and minds and speaking English goes a long, long way
Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by Missy89(f): 9:49am On Feb 14, 2015
NairaMinted:

I na very much aware of this video. I know he speaks English - albeit laboriously.

What I meant is he speaking it more often especiAlly when addressing the international press. It's a game of hearts and minds and speaking English goes a long, long way

That would never happen. Even the French or the Germans wont speak English to an international press. Its a matter of national pride and you should always speak your language . Europe is not Africa

2 Likes

Re: Putin Crushes Bbc Smartass by EVarn(m): 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2015
Missy89:

That would never happen. Even the French or the Germans wont speak English to an international press. Its a matter of national pride and you should always speak your language . Europe is not Africa
indeed.the negative impact of colonialism.

(1) (Reply)

CIA Agent Confesses On Deathbed 'I Killed Bob Marley' / Trump Blames Obama's Administration For Nationwide Coronavirus Test Kit Shortage / One-third Of South Africans Are Mentally Ill- Study.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.