Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,920 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? (1008 Views)

The Different Ages Of Unmarried Ladies And The Way They See Romance. / Can A Lady Stay 3_4 Months Without Sex? / How Long Can A Lady Stay Without Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? by princejenks(m): 11:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
In our world today, there are a lot of unmarried ladies who have well
paying jobs or at least earn a good salary and can afford to stay on
their own but are still staying in their folks place. But for our
culture which makes it desirable for a lady's suitors to come for her
hand in marriage in her folks place, many would have sought to live on
their own due to the freedom that comes with it.

The reality of the times makes this ideal no longer realistic because many unmarried ladies now find themselves living alone and far apart from their folks for various reasons. This could be for such reasons as getting a job outside of
the city where their folks are staying or they may want to be closer
to their work place due to transportation costs and efficiency, or they may want to escape their folks meddling in their affairs;
especially if they start facing pressures to get married having come of age.

Well, for any unmarried single lady contemplating leaving her parent's place to stay alone should bear in mind the societal perception of such a lady as being loose and as such cannot attract the right kind of men to herself by so doing.

Well, I think the way round it is for such a lady wishing to stay by
herself should at least get a very close friend or relative of hers to stay with her as her roommate. This will serve two purposes; it will dispel this loose lady perception and the roomie would also serve as a restraint against her excesses since her parents who could have played that role are not close by. 

What are your thoughts on this?
Re: Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 12, 2015
In our generation today, most women are becoming more independent and goal-driven; they believe living in their parents house would impede their progress and as such prefer to live alone.

I believe the culture that term single women living on their own loose is now very archaic.
In fact, NYSC promotes single ladies to live on their own.
I personally wld love to live alone, but I have to take care of my pa. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? by emperorchedda(m): 11:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
Don't see anything wrong with it. Its just our Nigerian mentality getting in the way, making us think a lady living alone is wayward
Re: Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
One way or the other, it depends on the view of the guys, that is, if they like it. Most ladies are driven by what guys-boys thinks and likes.After all, who is admiring us right? Everything we do is to be graded as useful or useless to our future husbands, right?

I watched in the news today where a young college professional photographer said that "the world is getting wiser. Women no longer look up to marriage and stuff. We are now earning our independence." Well.....am tired.
Re: Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? by yemicoal(m): 12:02am On Feb 13, 2015
cheesy
Re: Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? by Chidonc(m): 12:07am On Feb 13, 2015
Why not, have all those leavin wit there parents married? Mtcheeeeew. Nxt post pls

1 Like

Re: Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? by mizkeleke(f): 12:31am On Feb 13, 2015
All I see around these days are independent ladies trying to make a life...

Not bad if you ask me.
Re: Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? by Vision4God: 1:45am On Feb 13, 2015
Derz nothing wrong for her staying alone.

D only thing she has 2 note is to kip her principles, relate well wt piple & life goes on.

1 Like

Re: Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? by kingbella: 7:10am On Feb 13, 2015
Ive seen a thread like this, family section
Re: Should An Unmarried Working Class Lady Stay On Her Own? by ronald4lif(m): 8:19am On Feb 13, 2015
Damn what the society think of me and I ll live my life as it makes me happy. I didn't come to this world with any society why should I give a hoot about what people think of me? It's the society we live in that is the problem, where the general opinion is that a woman must get married to earn respect. Mounting unnecessary pressure to our women and having their psyche evolving around husband. I see single women, some baby mamas, who are career driven and good at what they do. They are happy and that's what counts. If I were a woman I shouldn't live alone because of what society thinks or husband may not come? Oh really

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Much Of Sex Should A Couple Have? / Why Do People Close Their Eyes While Kissing? / Premonitions About Marriages, Myth Or Fact?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.