Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken (2459 Views)

Why Are Heart Broken/rejected Guys Quick To Mouth Thrash Ladies ? / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. / How To Know If Your Boyfriend will Become Rich One Day — If Not... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Dotwillis1(m): 6:50am On Feb 13, 2015
Even though logically we know it’s just another day
in February, Valentine’s Day can still be really hard
for anyone who’s not in a loving, stable relationship.
This is especially true when you’re heartbroken.
Valentine’s Day becomes about a million times
more difficult when you’ve recently been dumped,
dumped someone, or had your crush stomp on
your heart like a little bug.

But just because you’re feeling especially sad and
lonely doesn’t mean your Valentine’s Day has to be
the worst day ever. Here are some tips on how to get through Valentine’s Day if you’re heartbroken.

Take A Mini Social Media Break

If you're bummed about Valentine's Day, why would you want to sign onto Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and see a barrage of pictures of couples bragging about the gifts they got or professing their love for one another? You wouldn't. Consider taking a little break from the Internet for the day so that you can avoid
anything that may make you feel like punching somebody.

Plan To Do Things That Will Make You Happy

Plan ahead to make sure that your day is filled with things that will make you happy. It doesn't matter what it is! It could be watching your favorite movie or eating your favorite food, or even just sleeping. Just do whatever will make you feel good about yourself.

Have An Anti-Valentine's Day Celebration

Want to have a reason to feel angry and
bitter? Throw an anti-Valentine's day party for all of your friends who also hate Valentine's Day. You guys can hit a park to relieve stress, make fun of whatever you want, and just have a good time being together.

Buy Yourself A Gift

Who says you can't get a box of truffles and a bouquet of flowers just because you're single? Go out and buy yourself a present! It's even better because you know you'll love what you get. Buy a jewelry of your favorite,foot wears, undies etc.. Go shopping!

Avoid Things That Will Make You Sad

Don't online stalk your ex. Don't think about memories from your last relationship. Don't focus on the fact that you're single. Don't do anything that will make you feel totally
bummed out.

Go Out with Friends

If it make you happy to stay home, eat, and binge-watch TV, go for it. But
if you think staying in bed will only make you more miserable, find something else to do. Go out with a friend and do something completely un-Valentine's Day related.

Remember It's Just Another Day

When it comes down to it, just remember that Valentine's Day is just like any other day. It doesn't have to mean anything if you don't want it to. Don't focus on it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Redoil: 7:05am On Feb 13, 2015
You people should stop all these rubbish such day is not ment for lovers. Valentine day is a day ment for greedy people to sharing what they are having with the less priviledge in the society. But for those of us who are not greedy everyday is our valentine.
Share the post so that other greedy people can read and do the rightfull thing.

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 13, 2015
The social media part is super correct. AVOID, I say AVOID social media like it's a plague.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Enegod(m): 7:50am On Feb 13, 2015
temitak:
The social media part is super correct. AVOID, I say AVOID social media like it's a plague.
Talking from experience?
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Dotwillis1(m): 8:28am On Feb 13, 2015
temitak:
lol, right!
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Dotwillis1(m): 8:29am On Feb 13, 2015
Enegod:
Talking from experience?
grin
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 13, 2015
I blame GEJ for the spring up of these nonsense threads. Tomorrow would have been election jeje. undecided
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Lindsaywhatup: 8:56am On Feb 13, 2015
You can also watch some Romantic movies which will make you feel that love does exist and yours will come to you one day.
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by damseyl(f): 9:14am On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
I blame GEJ for the spring up of these nonsense threads. Tomorrow would have been election jeje. undecided
lolzzzzzz, are you hrt brkn?
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 13, 2015
damseyl:
lolzzzzzz, are you hrt brkn?
You want to fix it?
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by damseyl(f): 9:18am On Feb 13, 2015
Only one tip to get tru Val if single or heartbroken ; sleep, sleep and sleep!
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by damseyl(f): 9:20am On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
You want to fix it?
sure!...do you still v the pieces? grin
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 13, 2015
damseyl:
sure!...do you still v the pieces? grin
How do you want to go about it?
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by mirexxx(f): 9:22am On Feb 13, 2015
take a break on social media 4 reals
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by damseyl(f): 9:28am On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
How do you want to go about it?
there is a way you fix something that's broken na
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 13, 2015
damseyl:
there is a way you fix something that's broken na
Like?...
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Dotwillis1(m): 9:38am On Feb 13, 2015
mirexxx:
take a break on social media 4 reals
cheesy cheesy cheesy
yeaa cheesy , is it hard?
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Dotwillis1(m): 9:40am On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
Like?...
applying Alteco superglue grin
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by mirexxx(f): 9:42am On Feb 13, 2015
Dotwillis1:
yeaa cheesy , is it hard?
yea cry
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 13, 2015
Enegod:
Talking from experience?
It's happening already now, valentine this, valentine that...@least they should pity the rest of the population that will miserable 2mao grin
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 13, 2015
damseyl:
Only one tip to get tru Val if single or heartbroken ; sleep, sleep and sleep!
Sleeping will still make you miserable. because when you are tired of sleeping, you will now start thinking...
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Dotwillis1(m): 9:50am On Feb 13, 2015
mirexxx:
yea cry
lol, buh yhu aint hrtbrkn sha
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 13, 2015
sooooooooooo true
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Enegod(m): 9:55am On Feb 13, 2015
temitak:

It's happening already now, valentine this, valentine that...@least they should pity the rest of the population that will miserable 2mao grin
are you indirectly saying you are single and you'll feel miserable tomorrow?
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 13, 2015
Enegod:
are you indirectly saying you are single and you'll feel miserable tomorrow?
I won't feel miserable tomorrow and I wasn't saying anyth indirectly smiley
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by WebSurfer(m): 9:57am On Feb 13, 2015
[size=16pt]Sorry my dear girls... grin grin grin grin But you only stand knowing where you stand in.. [/size]
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by mirexxx(f): 9:59am On Feb 13, 2015
Dotwillis1:
lol, buh yhu aint hrtbrkn sha
yea smiley
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by damseyl(f): 10:00am On Feb 13, 2015
temitak:

Sleeping will still make you miserable. because when you are tired of sleeping, you will now start thinking...
hmm you are right
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by damseyl(f): 10:02am On Feb 13, 2015
Blackett:
Like?...
leave that to me, just let me v d pieces grin
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by Enegod(m): 10:09am On Feb 13, 2015
temitak:

I won't feel miserable tomorrow and I wasn't saying anyth indirectly smiley
ok...so, how are you going to stay without feeling miserable since you don't have a man in your life? smiley
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by damseyl(f): 10:10am On Feb 13, 2015
mirexxx:
yea smiley
thank God cheesy
Re: Tips To Get Through Valentine's Day If You Are Heart Broken by zoomman(m): 10:11am On Feb 13, 2015
wat a co-incidence well i will opt for ds anyways...all hope not lost

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between A Cooperate Lady And A Business Girl, Who Is The Best Choice? / Love Me But Not For SEXXXXX!!!!!!! / My Hot Neighbour I Like Her But She Speaks French

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.