Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council (23354 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban / Benin Kingdom Vs Yoruba Race: Why Oba Of Benin Is Number One, By Odia Ofeimun / Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by hardbody: 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
ammanison1:
The Oba of Benin, Oba Erediauwa, has dismissed the rumour that he had passed on.

The speculation on the monarch’s demise had gone viral on the Internet on Friday morning.

The rumour also intensified with the claim that the Oba did not personally receive President Goodluck Jonathan, during his February 4 presidential rally in Benin, the Edo State capital‎.

But the Benin Traditional Council, told our correspondent on Friday evening that it was a mere speculation, which had been on for over six months and lacked truth.

The Secretary to the council, Mr. Frank Irabor, explained that it was the responsibility of the council to issue a formal statement, if such a development did occur.

He said, “They have been peddling that rumour for more than a year now, because the Oba has not been coming out.

“If there is anything like that, there is usually a statement from the palace or from the Benin Traditional Council.”

Although the spokesperson did not specify whether or not the Oba was hale and hearty, he said that inability of the President Jonathan to see the monarch, when he visited the palace, did not give credence to his rumoured death.

“The fact that he has not been coming out, even when the President came last week, does not mean that there is anything like that‎.”

“I don’t bother about rumours. I believe in getting information from the authentic source. For more than six months, they have been carrying the rumour,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/oba-of-benin-is-alive-traditional-council/

Rumour or not my leg no touch Benin again till further notice. This is the usual gimmick that they use to hoodwink unsuspecting people that they will use in burying the man. Na person wey dull dem chop.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by madridguy(m): 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
Salasari in action. May God grant every Nairalander long life.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Lagusta(m): 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
kekakuz:
that's how they carried rumors around say $40billion dey miss mshewwwww

all this useless APC people self

Madman
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
For those of you that said RIP to the Oba....... lipsrsealed
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by maskamdo(m): 7:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
undecidedSo he didn't receive d presido, what's d official line from mr okupe's twitter handle
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by MrIncrediible(m): 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
cramjones:
[size=20pt]CRAMJONES IS ABOUT TO SACKED, KINDLY COMMENT AND LIKE HIS POST TO SAVE CRAMJONES

LET US SAVE CRAMJONES![/size]

-CRAMJONES
You no get sense

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Xaintkelvin(m): 7:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
dgr8truth:
I don tell am RIP before. Ok since them say he never die, RIP in advance.
rip to you

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
Na wa oo. Anyway, i came across the best and romantic site in Africa. www.eoebevy.com
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by AwesomeRims(m): 7:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
dgr8truth:
I don tell am RIP before. Ok since them say he never die, RIP in advance.
RIP in advance to you too.. Daft
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Arysexy(m): 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
After 30 days if I no hear anything, I go believe, for now no night movement.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by lastmessenger: 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2015
cramjones:
[size=20pt]CRAMJONES IS ABOUT TO SACKED, KINDLY COMMENT AND LIKE HIS POST TO SAVE CRAMJONES

-CRAMJONES
Effect of expired weed.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by orobs93(m): 7:21pm On Feb 13, 2015
Screaming
Oba gha dor kpe ehe..x3
Iseeh....

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Honestagbons(m): 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2015
Live long oba of bini
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by curiouses: 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2015
cramjones:

-CRAMJONES

Getting worse day by day.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by stinggy(m): 7:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
SeverusSnape:
What?! shocked
Apostle suleiman's prophesy at risk.
Thank goodness I didn't believe the news.

grin grin grin
You remember that guy gave this same prophesy about Oba last year?

***evil grin**

Patiently waiting for who'll win grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by dgr8truth(m): 7:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
AwesomeRims:

RIP in advance to you too.. Daft

Do u ve to insult me to tell me RIP.

I know I will surely die and so thank you for the RIP.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by dgr8truth(m): 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
Xaintkelvin:
rip to you

Bros thank you. Very few who are privilege to hear people tell them RIP. I'm so honoured to among the few for I know I will die, I will surely die.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by SeverusSnape(m): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
stinggy:

grin grin grin

***evil grin**

Hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehe...
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by PLEXPLEX(m): 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
moderatorr1:
prophet suleminan has been a fore front of them rumours

WAT RUBBISH, WAS IT THE APOSTLE THAT POSTED IT ON NAIRALAND?
APOSTLE HAD GIVEN A PROPHESY SO JUST WAIT & STOP SAYING WAT IS NOT TRUE

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by jdbrasco(m): 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
kekakuz:

Hahaha , u got me cracking. No be only $40B; APC = propanganda
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by todayguest(m): 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
Eluwilussit:
30 days things.
you got it. They must respect tradition.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by jdbrasco(m): 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2015
kekakuz:

Hahaha , u got me cracking. No be only $40B; APC = propaganda
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by jude33084(m): 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
WOoOw! Thank God cool
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by PLEXPLEX(m): 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehe...

U DONT EVEN KNOW WAT THE APOSTLE SAID LAST YEAR ABOUT THE BENIN OBA HOUSEHOLD.....
WAT HE SAID LAST YEAR IS THE SAME PROPHESY HE GAVE THIS YEAR.
DIDN'T THE THE OBA WIFE DIED LAST YEAR?
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2015
Sijo01:
Oba ghato okpere, iseeeeeeeeee.

Oyaaa let's have hotest toast of this faulse News,..prince Ehenede eradiawa is not happy of this latest News ooo
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by bumtos(m): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
Pls, always confirmed your news before spread it. Pls take note of this embarassed
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by tsdarkside(m): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hail the king....

long live...long live.....................
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by PLEXPLEX(m): 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
stinggy:

grin grin grin

***evil grin**

NA WA TO U O! OK, DIDN'T THE PALACE MORN ONE OF THE OBAS WIFE AFTER THE PROPHESY LAST YEAR?
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by loomer: 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
Na God go punish who ever bring the rumor say him die before
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by yesir: 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
ammanison1:
The Oba of Benin, Oba Erediauwa, has dismissed the rumour that he had passed on.

The speculation on the monarch’s demise had gone viral on the Internet on Friday morning.

The rumour also intensified with the claim that the Oba did not personally receive President Goodluck Jonathan, during his February 4 presidential rally in Benin, the Edo State capital‎.

But the Benin Traditional Council, told our correspondent on Friday evening that it was a mere speculation, which had been on for over six months and lacked truth.

The Secretary to the council, Mr. Frank Irabor, explained that it was the responsibility of the council to issue a formal statement, if such a development did occur.

He said, “They have been peddling that rumour for more than a year now, because the Oba has not been coming out.

“If there is anything like that, there is usually a statement from the palace or from the Benin Traditional Council.”

Although the spokesperson did not specify whether or not the Oba was hale and hearty, he said that inability of the President Jonathan to see the monarch, when he visited the palace, did not give credence to his rumoured death.

“The fact that he has not been coming out, even when the President came last week, does not mean that there is anything like that‎.”

“I don’t bother about rumours. I believe in getting information from the authentic source. For more than six months, they have been carrying the rumour,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/oba-of-benin-is-alive-traditional-council/
Oba gha 'to kpere, Ise.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by notoriousbabe: 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
Ok continue
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council by notoriousbabe: 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
bumtos:
Pls, always confirmed your news before spread it. Pls take note of this embarassed
always confirmeD? shocked I pray your grammar does not kill the man grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? / Ekele (greetings, Well-wishing, Compliments, Regard, Salutation) In Igbo Culture / How to know a genuine babalawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.