Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack (17285 Views)

No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima / Gombe Under Heavy Attack / Gombe Under Attack. Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by DaBullIT(m): 12:51pm On Feb 14, 2015
Looks lke the Army is utilizing thier 6 weeks well
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by vlamidir: 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2015
Well, hatters can keep passing derogatory remarks about the Nigerian Army. I just spoke with my brother who has been deployed to Gombe... He gave a vivid account of everything. I refuse to give any detail here due to security reasons but I can assure u dat we've got d best Army in the world... Our boys will kill all of them including Shekau, their coward leader! Arise o Nigerian Army, Nigeria calls obey! Fight for ur mother, fight for ur father, fight for ur wives , remember ur children too! Fight gallantly! We count on u! #KILL THEM ALL...

5 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Fynline(m): 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2015
“@JanguzaArewa: Airpower was the decisive element in repelling attack on #Gombe.” Sources say, Gombe was never to be taken. @alouibrahim92
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by TopWinner(m): 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
We need effective prayers in this nation......
And a Jack Bauer.... If you want to argue, go and argue with twitter bird
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
Let me get this right.
Boko Haram this rag-tag bunch religious extremists are so powerful that the great Nigerian military (that simultaneously intervened in 2 regional civil wars and won both wars within a few months), together with a coalition of force including Niger, Chad, Cameroon aided by the French military are unable contain the rag tag of individuals with all the manpower,tanks bomber jet available to the coalition.

Not only is Boko Haram managing to pin down the coalition, they are now opening up new war fronts in new states.

If you believe the above is possible then you are living in cloud cookoo land.

The truth is that Boko Haram and the coalition forces are one and the same. Our country is being broken up under our noses and our government is in collusion. America & France are supporting puppet countries Chad,Cameroon etc, to clear Nigeria territory to be annexed.
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by obaayo2: 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
Vikkie14:
hmm... Considering your level of understanding, i would have given you fire for fire but i won't. You can get more knowledge if you wish to. You are so illiterate to extent you tell me INTERNAL security is for soldiers. So, what are the police for? EXTERNAL aggression i presumed. See where your political bigotry has led you to. Even my comment which you quoted, stated it all that IT IS WHEN THE POLICE CANT HANDLE A SECURITY ISSUE COX OF FIREPOWER OF THEM THAT THE MILITARY ARE DEPLOYED TO DO THE JOB.
You reek of illiteracy and misinterpretation sis. It's your type that fail to read the instructions on question papers before answering them. #Peace.
This one just dey talk jagons since morning, " internal security is for police ?" So let's say it wasn't boko haram that attacked, let's say it was the ghanian military that attacked gombe. Are you telling me that its the police that will still fight them off ?. Your the most f00lish person I've seen in a while on this forum sha....did you go to school at all ? Are you educated at all coz an illiterate won't even say what ur gushing out. Just commot abeg. Its not worth argueing with you. I have better things to attend to.
Goodbye and try to get urself educated while you still can. Its the best legacy.

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by loomer: 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
[size=15pt]Let's hope all these will die down soon.... Afterall, Jonathan told us to give his boko boys 6 weeks to claim as many lives as possible before he finally surrender power. Pls stay safe Gombe state.[/size]

Soon everything will be over on march 28 when change finally occur.

[size=18pt]Nigeria Will get there[/size]

Jonathan no tell u six weeks, Nigeria army say make una give them six weeks to try and flush the terrorist out.

they can only minimize the strength of boko haram, they cant just wipe them out instantly.

make una self get conscience
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by thegoodone2(m): 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
staggerman:
I just spoke with my friend again. He is a nairalander. I could hear sounds of gunshots in the background.
He reports that soldiers are on the run. Chaos everywhere
are u Boko haram member? how can u say soldiers are runing? we need to be encorage them. go and join army.

3 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by OreMI22: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
staggerman:
I just got a call from a friend in Gombe state about terrorists attacking Gombe state right now. He said civilians are on the run, as well as security operatives.
I've been calling his number to hear more details but he's not picking up.

Anyone in Gombe to confirm this news?

[

I hope una dey see.

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by obaayo2: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
Vikkie14:
hmm... Considering your level of understanding, i would have given you fire for fire but i won't. You can get more knowledge if you wish to. You are so illiterate to extent you tell me INTERNAL security is for soldiers. So, what are the police for? EXTERNAL aggression i presumed. See where your political bigotry has led you to. Even my comment which you quoted, stated it all that IT IS WHEN THE POLICE CANT HANDLE A SECURITY ISSUE COX OF FIREPOWER OF THEM THAT THE MILITARY ARE DEPLOYED TO DO THE JOB.
You reek of illiteracy and misinterpretation sis. It's your type that fail to read the instructions on question papers before answering them. #Peace.
..dont know where u got ur info.. but the way i was taught,any act of terror small or full blown is taken up by the military.. sorry man get ur facts straight.
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Frankenstein: 1:12pm On Feb 14, 2015
GenBuhari:
[s]Let me get this right.
Boko Haram this rag-tag bunch religious extremists are so powerful that the great Nigerian military (that simultaneously intervened in 2 regional civil wars and won both wars within a few months), together with a coalition of force including Niger, Chad, Cameroon aided by the French military are unable contain the rag tag of individuals with all the manpower,tanks bomber jet available to the coalition.

Not only is Boko Haram managing to pin down the coalition, they are now opening up new war fronts in new states.

If you believe the above possible then you are living in cloud cookoo land.

The truth is that Boko Haram and the coalition forces are one and the same. Our country is being broken up under our noses and our government is in collusion. America & France are supporting puppet countries Chad,Cameroon etc, to clear Nigeria territory to be annexed.[/s]
Conspiracy theory. BS.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by thegoodone2(m): 1:14pm On Feb 14, 2015
walemoney007:
Som Nigerians don dey mad,what's d crime in somone sayin soldiers are runnin.
Niger soldiers said Nigeria soldiers are runing from Boko Haram, dont you know they are copy what you people are saying.
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by synergycom19: 1:28pm On Feb 14, 2015
The Nigerian Army are supposed to know that this Terrorists will try to enter the country proper moreso that the Chadian armyy are chasing them from the border areas. I had that they were coming to Abuja,the Army told us arrogantly that they want to flush boko haram in six weeks so the elections has to be postponed,leading to the near-collapsing of our Currency. Now boko haram are in Gombe. Don't we have Airforce again?
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2015
Which theory is easier to believe?
That a rag tag bunch of religious nuts can so comfortably contain the fire power of coalition of 5 countries that it can afford to start attacking new areas?

Do u seriously believe that could be true?
Frankenstein:
Conspiracy theory. BS.
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by synergycom19: 1:31pm On Feb 14, 2015
This guys are actually getting closer to Abuja
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by chi4ik(m): 1:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
shame on those who said that Nigeria Army are on d run. if u think it's easy, kindly go & join army. fools
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by ogene007: 1:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
Jonathan's soldiers are attacking Gombe in other to give credence to his arguement about election postponment
You are very sick and may God punish you for the lies you are spewing here.

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by walemoney007(m): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
[
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Rexyl(m): 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
XketchDesigns:
It's true, they entered since morining.
Gun shots I swear!

In gombe town!!!!!

The North always in unpleasant news. The zone needs deliverance from forces of evil. The zone also needs moral, mental and spiritual rebirth.
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by acada111(f): 2:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
osamaBUSH:

which brand of noodles dey ur head

Sh*t noodles embarassed
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by meforyou1(m): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
staggerman:
I just spoke with my friend again. He is a nairalander. I could hear sounds of gunshots in the background.
is your friend running alongside the soldiers or what? U are dull
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by myproperty(m): 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
Jonathan's soldiers are attacking Gombe in other to give credence to his arguement about election postponment

Did you say Jonathan soldiers are attacking Gombe? The report says Bokoharam are attacking Gombe and the Nigeriam Military not Jonathan soldiers are fighting Bokoharam.
It seems you are happy that Bokoharam are attacking and killing Nigerians .
God would destroy and cause to fail every evil intend and actions by anybody or group of people against our country.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Rexyl(m): 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:

boko haram has not been fully defeated because the North is full of people who reason and behave like you. All attempts by government to destroy boko haram are forbidden to numerous people over there. Get wisdom pls and stop sentiments, The army are there keeping peace always under very harsh condition, all you have to do is to mock them. You better Change your attitudes.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by richidinho(m): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
staggerman:

God punish u

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by omokab: 2:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
I'm just chatting with my friend in Gombe a civil servant,he said the situation is calm now.That the nigeria army have chase them away after reaching mega station.Casualties at both side.We only need to pray for them all so that they will not suffer at the hands of boko.May almighty God protect everyone of them and the state at large.Amen

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Rockyheight: 2:24pm On Feb 14, 2015
GOD BLESS NIGERIA! GOD BLESS NA
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Bayswater: 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2015
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:

The voice is ChinemeOkpan's but the hands are ihejirikaisboko's.

I laff.
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by todayguest(m): 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2015
staggerman:
Fighter jets are said to have been deployed in Gombe state against the terrorists.

For those screaming about soldiers running, I've seen soldiers make brave stand against enemies, and I've seen soldiers flee and pull their uniforms during militants attack in Niger delta few years ago.
are soldiers not humans. Do they have nine lives like the proverbial cat? Funny!those who fights and runs away lives to fight another day. Who's a gallant soldier? He's that soldier that's alive. However, in military circles, no soldier runs. It's simply called tactical manoeuvre. Be that as it may, my respect, prayers and thoughts are with the Army, Airforce and the police and their families and all whose homes, villages have been attacked and loved ones lost.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by Frankenstein: 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
GenBuhari:
Which theory is easier to believe?
That a rag tag bunch of religious nuts can so comfortably contain the fire power of coalition of 5 countries that it can afford to start attacking new areas?

Do u seriously believe that could be true?
They are not fighting a conventional warfare. Ragtag or not, they attack everywhere and anywhere. No frontlines.
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by phineas: 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2015
My recomendations for the military,its not everything that requires force and bullying to achieve when it comes to dealing with the "civillians"...

On the media/PR war,the appear to be doing not so well,and it stems from a lot of proir passive aggression against them by the populace not getting expression,

However this can be demoralizing at a time like this as this is the time the military needs the support of the people its men are dying for.

I'll recomend the military PR department start a project to launder the image of the nigerian military at home and abroad,america went as far as creating captain america during the war,PR and media has always been a tool that's developed u just don't sit on ur oars and hope for good press,nd with the advent of social media it becomes a more detailed task.I would ave expected pple employed to raise topics on this very nairaland and pass pro military comments on them with the dedication some have to buhari andMr President,sponsored adds on blogs,support the military events and things of that nature,its a diff war,itsd more subtle and its deff not about who has the loudest shouting voice,its who has the better strategy.

Kudos to the Men of the military,a lot of Nigerians Salute you all at this time.I salute you all too,Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack by banks123(m): 3:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
osamaBUSH:

which brand of noodles dey ur head
leave that one. I be like say na locally made noodles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ozekhome Petitions Magu Over N450m Enugu PDP Campaign Funds / Photos From Workers' Day Celebration In Lagos / Gusau-Zaria Road Blocked As Thousands Protest Killings In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.