Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan (34455 Views)

Cost Of Building Twins 2 Bedroom Flat / Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. / Cost Of Building 2 Flat Of 3 Bedroom Each In IBADAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by sdbaba: 12:32am On Feb 20, 2015
Tmex:
yes sir,I am located in akobo,

Where is your office? Phone and email address pls. I want to start a construction myself soon.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 4:50am On Feb 20, 2015
Tmex:
. The prices are as follows,
5 tonnes of sharp sand .................8000.
5 tonnes of gravel .........................17000
9 inches blocks...............................140
6 inches blocks...............................130
5 tonnes of soft sand.....................8000
5 tonnes of plastering sand ..........8000
Elephant cement .......................... 1850

we will be glad to hear from you soon.
. What about 5 ton of laterite? You can drop your email and phone numbers.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Tmex(m): 7:27am On Feb 20, 2015
micbjrex:
. What about 5 ton of laterite? You can drop your email and phone numbers.

5 tonnes of laterite .....................8000
hayshires@gmail.com, 07010649263 .
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Tmex(m): 7:30am On Feb 20, 2015
sdbaba:

Where is your office? Phone and email address pls. I want to start a construction myself soon.

our office is at ojurin akobo, hayshires@gmail.com, 07010649263
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by semitunde: 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
CityNG:

I have no opinion on Engineers. I intend to use them when necessary such as soil test, structural approvals, etc but none would be involved on my project on a daily basis.

It's going to be me and "Baba Lati the brikila" working together day in day out as the General Contractor grin

I am building a bungalow so I was curious as to what you wrote about the floor. In fact this is what I intended to do but I always like to hear others opinions.

Thanks.

You may get away with it on a bungalow. You'll be treading on dangerous grounds if you decide to not use an ENGR when building from 2storeys up.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
semitunde:

You may get away with it on a bungalow. You'll be treading on dangerous grounds if you decide to not use an ENGR when building from 2storeys up.

No I won't and I don't buy into Nigerians scare tactics either grin

Now if you go back and read my post again you'll see that I did write that I'll use engineers when and where necessary.

I just think having an engineer onsite daily during the build is a waste of resources.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by semitunde: 11:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
CityNG:

Now if you go back and read my post again you'll see that I did write that I'll use engineers when and where necessary.

I just think having an engineer onsite daily during the build is a waste of resources.

Well maybe not on a daily basis if you have an experienced building person. But safe is better than sorry.

Also, decisions from unforseen occurrences can be immediately taken without wasting time and any attendant cost implications.

No I'm not scaring you bro, just advising.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 21, 2015
semitunde:

Well maybe not on a daily basis if you have an experienced building person. But safe is better than sorry.

Also, decisions from unforseen occurrences can be immediately taken without wasting time and any attendant cost implications.

No I'm not scaring you bro, just advising.

Don't worry I got this grin This isn't my first rodeo wink

I just say what I'll do and can't recommend same for everyone.

With careful planning there should be very minimal unforeseen circumstance and when those comes up I can instantly resolved them as the onsite General Contractor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by abdulwastecx(m): 5:54am On Feb 21, 2015
CityNG:

To me having them on-site on daily basis may amount to waste of resources when the building is not that complex but when the structure is complex, you need them to supervise the structural work.

people do so many things as regards to buulding and got away with them because of lack of complexity in our structures.
I think the following is very important when planning or building a house.

1. if the building is more than a bungalow, do a soil test. soil test don't cost that much. soil test afford the freedom not to be too conservative in your foundation design because you will be working with the right parameters like bearing capacity, settlement rate, surcharge level, soil classificatioins etc.

2. Do a detail survey of the plot to get the actual dimensions of the plot before you do architectural dessigns. you alsa get to know the relative level of your site through leveling, this allows for drainage control.

3. prepared your architectural drawings

4. Do your structural drawings

5. prepared your servicing drawings ( mechanical and electrical)

6. get a good builder ( he may be an engineer, experience brick layer, architect, building technologies). try to get someone that will be on ground and understand structural details very well, that also understand building work.

7. get a good team of carpenters, mason, iron benders, plumbers and concreters ( man walker)

8. you can now be the chief contractor and also the stock keaper

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 21, 2015
abdulwastecx:

To me having them on-site on daily basis may amount to waste of resources when the building is not that complex but when the structure is complex, you need them to supervise the structural work.

people do so many things as regards to buulding and got away with them because of lack of complexity in our structures.
I think the following is very important when planning or building a house.

1. if the building is more than a bungalow, do a soil test. soil test don't cost that much. soil test afford the freedom not to be too conservative in your foundation design because you will be working with the right parameters like bearing capacity, settlement rate, surcharge level, soil classificatioins etc.

2. Do a detail survey of the plot to get the actual dimensions of the plot before you do architectural dessigns. you alsa get to know the relative level of your site through leveling, this allows for drainage control.

3. prepared your architectural drawings

4. Do your structural drawings

5. prepared your servicing drawings ( mechanical and electrical)

6. get a good builder ( he may be an engineer, experience brick layer, architect, building technologies). try to get someone that will be on ground and understand structural details very well, that also understand building work.

7. get a good team of carpenters, mason, iron benders, plumbers and concreters ( man walker)

8. you can now be the chief contractor and also the stock keaper

Have you taken time to read my original post?

I don't think you did because if you did you'll see where I stated my use of specific areas for an engineer.

I never once said I wouldn't employ engineers but I see no use for that level of their involvement on a daily basis even for a complex project.

You don't know my skill set.

I don't need an engineer to hold my hand once they've submitted their deliverables for a project.

We just make things overly complicated in Nigeria for no good reason.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by abdulwastecx(m): 6:27am On Feb 21, 2015
CityNG:

Have you taken time to read my original post?

I don't think you did because if you did you'll see where I stated my use of specific areas for an engineer.

I never once said I wouldn't employ engineers but I see no use for that level of their involvement on a daily basis even for a complex project.

You don't know my skill set.

I don't need an engineer to hold my hand once they've submitted their deliverables for a project.

We just make things overly complicated in Nigeria for no good reason.

ok sir..noted
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by sule4: 11:58am On Apr 29, 2015
Hey brother, I think you got distracted; we didn't get the total estimated cost of erecting the twin 3 bedrooms flat. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by congressman(m): 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
Nice thread! Great discussions peeps!!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by twinskenny(m): 11:21am On Apr 30, 2015
micbjrex:
Hello everyone,
I will need your help in helping to analyse what quantity of materials I will need to build a twins flat of 3 bedrooms of the size in the file below in terms of quantity of blocks, cement, sand, rods (12mm), rings, binding wire, granite I will need to do my foundation about 3-4 coaches, german floor 4 inch thickness, and the superstructure from german floor to level (2 blocks after). The structure will have 15 pillars. what about labor for welder, carpenter, and mason? The site is in Ibadan, soil strong and land, table flat. Thank you for helping with your expertise. I will post a quote I got soon.

hello sir,

You shall surely completely this...
at the later stage u might need our services

cctv
satellite tv distribution
intercom

please save the number and do call us 08051355133
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
I just went back to do a reread.

This is s very wonderful thread. Thanks to all participants especially the professionals who shared selflessly.

I realize that I've been had now but this thread gives me refreshed hope.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
Beautiful thread..
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 9:25am On Nov 09, 2015
Thank you all for your contributions to this thread. I have reached the other stages and I will need your help in terms of costs, labor, materials of fixing my (1) 16 big ones and 5 small one for toilet sliding windows with net (Tower) 21 in total, (2)burglary 21 in total, (3)plastering of the 2 flats of 3 bedrooms each and (4)fence of 100x50ft-just the inside and the front, (5)german floor of my compound (outside)----house size is 21425m x 10.400m. Thank you all.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by nigeriancuban: 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2015
micbjrex:
Thank you all for your contributions to this thread. I have reached the other stages and I will need your help in terms of costs, labor, materials of fixing my (1) 16 big ones and 5 small one for toilet sliding windows with net (Tower) 21 in total, (2)burglary 21 in total, (3)plastering of the 2 flats of 3 bedrooms each and (4)fence of 100x50ft-just the inside and the front, (5)german floor of my compound (outside)----house size is 21425m x 10.400m. Thank you all.
cudos sir on your progress ,you have already done the difficult part of it already and i know how hard you have worked, well done sir.. about your question ,your engineer can easily guide you on the listed stages you wanna embark on mostly the concrete flatwork(German floor) and the plastering,you might give it out to the bricklayers as a contract or you can alternatively make it per day job depending on you though...for the steel doors you can get dealers that will come and take your door measurements and get you the no of doors you need..the welders can handle the burglary aspect....ohh and the fencing you will need a couple more 6inches blocks or 9 if you want......weldone sir
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 1:46am On Nov 24, 2015
My land measures 100ft x 50ft and building size is 21.425m x 10.400m. I have now done the 21 window burglaries and 22 door frames. I want to know how much I can pay the person that will fix them in the walls. I also want to know what to pay my bricklayer for plastering of my internal fence plus its front anf my 2 flats of 3 bedrooms, I want to know how much I can offer the bricklayer per room or partition. what about labor for german floor? Any flat rate per bag of cement? Also for my tower sliding window, I am getting 2 very high and different quotes and 2 quotes below N300k and I am kind of confused at the moment.....someone says I will spend

Sliding Windows:
1800mm X 1200mm 2 Units 18,000 X 2= 36,000
1500mm X 1200mm 14 Units 16,000 X 14=224,000
700mm X 900mm 5 Units 11,000 X5=55,000
Material Cost: NGN 315,000
Workmanship(Installation & Delivery)= NGN 30,000

Another says
Quantity Size Rate Amount
14 1500*1200 #20,000 #280,000
5 700*900 #14,000 #70,000
2 1800*1200 #22,500 #45,000

Workmwnship: not known yet
Transport: not known yet
TOTAL#395,000

and someone says
Sliding tower 11,000x16=176,000
Toilet 5,000x5=25,000

Another says N280k for everything

Pls help me out
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Captainmen: 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
MENSHACK RESOURCES PVT
OLOSAN IBADAN OYO STATE
We deliver to any location in IBADAN the best standard building material e.g Strong Building Block, All kinds of stones,sands and building machineries/ man power (laborers). We also operate on house finances system and discount considerations. We are professional builder focus on mini duplexes and mini bungalows.
WE ALSO HAVE COMPLETE BLOCK MOULDING MACHINE FOR RENT .
Thanks and I wish you all the best .
PLS CONTACT US ON : 08037285695 , 07026248665
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by StephenAfolabi(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hi bettercreature. I really wish to talk with you. Send me your phone number on 081004460 or email me aafolabi26@gmail.com . Thanks
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by bettercreature(m): 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
StephenAfolabi:
Hi bettercreature. I really wish to talk with you. Send me your phone number on 081004460 or email me aafolabi26@gmail.com . Thanks
You phone number is not complete,i've sent you an email
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by damizee(f): 1:28am On Jan 16, 2016
Hello bettercreature,
Many thanks for the insightful contributions. I have a property in ibadan which has reached the first stage of plumbing and electrical piping.
It's a 2 and 3 bedroom bungalow. At the moment, I need your professional advice on how to plan for the 3 stages of each respectively.I read in your earlier contributions that the piping and plumbing phase 1 should be about 170k.
Kindly advice on the costing for half conduit and the plumbing.
Also, you may pls drop a mail for further discussions.
damizee@yahoo.com
Thanks always.
Osewa
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by bettercreature(m): 7:40am On Jan 16, 2016
damizee:
Hello bettercreature,
Many thanks for the insightful contributions. I have a property in ibadan which has reached the first stage of plumbing and electrical piping.
It's a 2 and 3 bedroom bungalow. At the moment, I need your professional advice on how to plan for the 3 stages of each respectively.I read in your earlier contributions that the piping and plumbing phase 1 should be about 170k.
Kindly advice on the costing for half conduit and the plumbing.
Also, you may pls drop a mail for further discussions.
damizee@yahoo.com
Thanks always.
Osewa
Is that your phone number on your profile? i will call you and also send you some details by email
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by ricki: 7:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
bettercreature check your gmail now oga mi.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by bettercreature(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
ricki:
bettercreature check your gmail now oga mi.
I haven't recieve your email,i have sent you another e-mail from Nairaland's link
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by flexxydo: 4:20am On Feb 07, 2016
Hello bettercreatu
Am about to start a project of twins 3 bedroom at ibadan and I need your professional advice on how to go about it and what its required at each stage of the construction . I need to know if German floor is needed or not as its just a bungalow.
I will appreciate if i can get your email or cell phone number so as to communicate effectively.
I can be reach at flexxydo@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Femi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by mufutau55(m): 7:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
flexxydo:
Hello bettercreatu
Am about to start a project of twins 3 bedroom at ibadan and I need your professional advice on how to go about it and
what its required at each stage of the construction . I need to know if German floor is needed or not as its just a bungalow.
I will appreciate if i can get your email or cell phone number so as to communicate effectively.

Thanks.
Femi

Regardless weither is a bungalow or not, german floor &DPC is always very good, it's not a luxury.
I will also suggest you put columns (pillars) as that is also good for the security of the house.
Both mentioned above are for stability of the building. You will thank yourself later.

Hajji M.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by yak(m): 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
flexxydo:
Hello bettercreatu
Am about to start a project of twins 3 bedroom at ibadan and I need your professional advice on how to go about it and what its required at each stage of the construction . I need to know if German floor is needed or not as its just a bungalow.

Thanks.
Femi

oga flexxy, wats d estimated cost of taking this building to d leveling stage without roofing oo.I will appreciate ur response. oga Hajji etal I sight una as I just dey read d over syllabus una dey give us for Nairaland
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by flexxydo: 2:25am On Feb 14, 2016
Thanks for your response guys at the moment I don't have a full estimate of the cost..this is what I have with me.

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by smiley001(m): 9:31am On Feb 14, 2016
flexxydo:
Thanks for your response guys at the moment I don't have a full estimate of the cost..this is what I have with me.

We can handle the Granite and Sharp sand supply of the project at a very reduced price.

Sir, let me know if you need us.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by yak(m): 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
thanks man, I have some questions. is there any reason for using 9" blocks? can't 6" be used? secondly, I saw something on that estimate for foundation tagged "approval-20 pieces" what's that about plz? moreso, is this quote for two flats or just one?

[/b][quote author=flexxydo post=42904290]Thanks for your response guys at the moment I don't have a full estimate of the cost..this is what I have with me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Urgent Sale: 1 &Half Plot @ Treasure Park Est8 Ph 2 (CITY OF DAVID), Shimawa #6M / Dear Abuja Residents, Is 980k For 2 Bedroom House in Lugbe Worth It? / 3 Things To Do When Landlord Increases Your House Rent In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.