Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,582 members, 7,958,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:22 AM

''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera (36395 Views)

BBNaija: "Efe's 'Lagos' Album Is Wack" - See Comments On Boom Music Player / Wedding Pictures Of Gifty BBNaija Released By Husband's Cousin. "She's A Cheat" / Omotola Replies Etcetera. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by phlamesG: 3:17pm On Feb 15, 2015
Pls who is etcetera? Neva heard of him undecided
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by kullozone(m): 3:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
tuffgongjo:
MI sounds like typical naija celebrities,they hate the Truth,what ETC said is the plain "truth",even if you want to reply him do so with Facts not a personal insults,I use to think he is intelligent but this proved me Wrong.

mtcheeeeeeew!!
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by kullozone(m): 3:32pm On Feb 15, 2015
michaelbiz:

A statement of anger doesn't prove M.I is not intelligent.
Don't you gerrit.... M.I is all about "minding your business" in that argument
Abaga is way too intelligent for any clownlocopus etcetera - etc
#botanical_name lol cheesy

lol
i use to like dat etc guy but since he started this writing rubbish,he now looks so desperate for fame.

fake dude...my hatred for him right now dey even surprise me sef.

1 Like

Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
You can't sing classy music and make it in Nigeria and that's a fact, you need to be mediocre its why i don't listen to most Nigerian music. if not for you guys and twitter i won't know who banks is Rikado or reekado. The few good ones are overshadowed by Nigerian's love for trash. Most Nigerian songs are trash but i respect Tuface, Asa and 9ice, the rest noise makers.. though recommend me a nice song to change my opinion because it may be unfair to lump other quality artist i don't know in the same as the mediocres.
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by LaPink: 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
Afroconnect:

Thanks much,appreciate dis...this is arguably one of the best love songs ever, from naija.

U're welcome.
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by incrediblestev: 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2015
This guy Etcetera is an annoying busybody that likes to hate on his colleagues and everyone else in general. He writes like he is some perfect being even though he is far from being perfect.

He is always writing about his colleagues imperfections and ranting like he is any better. How can an artist who depends largely on people's support for his work to make it in the business that he is in, criticize those who show open support for any politician? Does not make any sense to me.

The essence of politicians using the help and popularity of his colleagues is not only to swing support but also to make the youngsters who are their fans politically conscious and awakened to their civic responsibilities, it is not enough to put albums and scream "I love my fans" and then get them into music frenzy and stop there...... It goes beyond that. Star power is a mission to serve even if you get paid while doing so..... During Obama's first election virtually all of Hollywood was in support of his candidacy. It was like a movement, a conscious movement that aroused the interests of young Americans who would normally not vote or just show apathy, such is the essence of star power.

All that talk of political prostitution sounds like a player hating effort to discredit his colleagues who are being courted to use their star power for these reasons, it does not matter who amongst the candidates they decide to pitch tent with, the point is that they are also creating a consciousness, an opportunity to get more vane youngsters talk about the leadership of the country or even get interested in running for a position.

If eventually Etcetera decides one day to run for a position will he call those who support him political prostitutes, will he in the same self-righteousness query his colleagues or supporters who rally around him and support him, it is so easy to sit and criticize others especially when you are being ignored and you continue to show protest through write ups that make you look like a rebel. At the end, everyone has their ambitions and future plans, some one to go into politics some day and are using the opportunity to learn the ropes and familiarize with the people already in the polity.

In the end, Etcetera needs to shut up and mi d his own business, he is always sounding angry and indirectly charging at his colleagues as he sermonizes to his audience, the point is that this is entertainment, it is all drama, glitz, broken marriages, fake lives, fake friends, friendship of benefits and all the stuff any normal person will point as a vice or moral limitations but that is what makes it entertainment industry, it is not perfect anywhere, not designed to be perfect, so shut up and keep your opinions to yourself. Imagine, if everyone was to give an opinion about you every time you make any move..... Geeez !!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by akatekpe(m): 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2015
ifeanyi83:
I love Etcetera.. one of the few Nigerian acts I respect. But I think taking a swipe at his colleagues for their "romance" with politicians, I don't think it's fair. These folks are there to make money. The print mills booms when elections are around the corner so what are we talking about...
See your life? This is why Naija wu never be good. People selling their conscience for money. In a sane nation,Musicians are the mouth piece of the populace. ppl like Fela,Lucky Dube,Bob Marley, 2Pac are celebrated till now not cos of their good musics alone,but the content of their music which preaches liberation. Our present day Naija musicians now go to campaign grounds to campaign for those thieves. Thumbs up to Idris Abdulkarim, Black Face.
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by Sajio(m): 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2015
M.I, don't take it personal... he made a general statement which I believe hits all the entertainers the must have involved in today's politics..
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
yoji:

sorry to to burst your bubble, but the video was shot by a video director called MEX. All MI did was pay him. Besides drake isnt d first to shoot a rap video centred on the streets. It a common concept with respect to hip hop.

Loool,stop making me laugh...Take a look @ the animal costume,the gathering of male & female folks on the street ,the beat & every other concept in it.
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by toygod2: 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2015
HMMMM
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by NPA2015SALES(m): 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
Buy all kind of Andriod and smart phones at cheaper rate
Iphone 5s:45000
Iphone 5:35000
Iphone 4s:30000
Techno Phantom:20000
HP 630:40000
Blackberry Q10:25000
BlackberryQ5:18000
HTC:30000
Ipad 3:40000
Samsung galaxy s4:40000
Samsung galaxy s3:30000
Note we sell in bulk,interested persons should call 07063281124 for more information
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by boynigeria(m): 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
MI wey dey talk self, him last album no make one sense.... Etcetera is more of a musician than lot of naija singers his problem is just his big mouth

1 Like

Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by 9jafreak: 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2015
[size=17pt]The whole thing is thoroughly embarrassing. That at this stage and time Nigerian celebrities who are supposed to be fairly enlightened than the common folks, are themselves subsumed in popular frenzies for selfish gains.
It really is frustrating being a Nigerian. Very frustrating.
[/size]
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by bosun11(m): 5:12pm On Feb 15, 2015
Genea:
oh my gush,ppl grow,dey become matured ,are u comparing a pix of den to now,u must be kidding me ryt,in order words wat r u saying mister,dat am using someone else pix
and dose words were just jokes

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by bosun11(m): 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
Genea:
oh my gush,ppl grow,dey become matured ,are u comparing a pix of den to now,u must be kidding me ryt,in order words wat r u saying mister,dat am using someone else pix
and dose words were just jokes
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by Nelrulez(m): 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
I strongly disagree with M.I's statement. Etc is a soft rock artiste that has great songs to his credit. If naija is a place where good things thrive, I strongly believe etc should be among the highly respected artiste but the fact that we prefer gibberish to real content makes him to be under celebrated. I love him anyway and still respect his write ups. He gives it to world raw and uncensored.
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by lovemko(m): 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
big
OPPORTUNITY FOR UPCOMING ARTISTS WITH LOW BUDGET TO SHOOT A MUSIC VIDEO

am crashing this price down like crazy...

guess the amazing thing, you are shooting on 4k, not 2k, 2.5k but 4k... My newly acquired 4k beast.... MTV base standard video clearity, THIS IS FOR REAL

this offer is a limited offer for upcoming artist that may not have the financial power as our big brothers...

whatsapp/call 08075591405

or check d thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2046311/home-video-creativity-tutorials-nd#28915066
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by lovemko(m): 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
OPPORTUNITY FOR UPCOMING ARTISTS WITH LOW BUDGET TO SHOOT A MUSIC VIDEO

am crashing this price down like crazy...

guess the amazing thing, you are shooting on 4k, not 2k, 2.5k but 4k... My newly acquired 4k beast.... MTV base standard video clearity, THIS IS FOR REAL

this offer is a limited offer for upcoming artist that may not have the financial power as our big brothers...

whatsapp/call 08075591405
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by inevitableme(m): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
Na today sef I here that name etcetera
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by henkz: 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
I tired for escetra oh,the guy get liver,is it a must to be a writer,evryday assinating people charater,all his headline got me bored.
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by Genea(f): 7:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
bosun11:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
mmmmmmmm
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by Frankiss44(m): 7:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
femi4:
He's a failed musician, compare him with others in the same genre

What's your definition of a failed musician and who do you honestly want to compare him with?
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by bosun11(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
Genea:
mmmmmmmm

u know u cant get vexed for me ?? meet me at d right place , waiting
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by RaphaelOjefo: 7:38pm On Feb 15, 2015
Chidexter:
Lol, wonder what happened to M.I, no more songs to sing.
Now i'm stuck with just Ice Prince and Mode 9
na wa oh....na bush u from come??.....or u neva hear his single?...."Bad Belle"...quite old sha....or even his album Chairman....MI lives tho
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by femi4: 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
Frankiss44:

What's your definition of a failed musician and who do you honestly want to compare him with?
Compare him to likes of Asha, BES etc

You are a failure when nobody talks about you musically
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by Revolva(m): 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
Etcetera no go respect him self....wetin dey do that man sef...he is just bringin more pains to his musical career...
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by boynigeria(m): 9:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
RaphaelOjefo:
na wa oh....na bush u from come??.....or u neva hear his single?...."Bad Belle"...quite old sha....or even his album Chairman....MI lives tho
na u be d bush person...d chairman album is wack so i dont consider it an album and many people dont too...i dont care if MI is ur star or mentor but d truth is he's dying musically just like 9ice and other musical pensioner
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by Christeety: 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
yuzjet:

Mind ur words too. Think u and MI have the same heights. Wonder why u took DAT too personal?

Very funny...too bad u guess wrong. So u actually know his name. Learn to talk nicely next time.
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by yuzjet(m): 10:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
Christeety:

Very funny...too bad u guess wrong. So u actually know his name. Learn to talk nicely next time.

I should learn how to talk from who? Anyway, before I start learning. Am sure u're a dwarf.
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by ssultana(f): 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
[quote author=tuffgongjo post=30748124]MI sounds like typical naija celebrities,they hate the Truth,what ETC said is the plain "truth",even if you want to reply him do so with Facts not a personal insults,I use to think he is intelligent but this proved me Wrong
They(entertainers) have every right to support a political party openly so long they don't get paid to do so
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by gagzee(m): 11:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
dROC1:
I love MI but I'm not with him on this one.
Forget the offensive articles, I will pick that Etcetera's album over all of MI's body of work anyday...Etcetera dey sing slow but don't play with him.
see gabage tlk....smh
Re: ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera by druid06(m): 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2015
Afroconnect:
MI you re wrong Etcetra has awesome songs...he is just a bit too conscious for this terrain I think.

Etcetra is right,Artists are now political prostitutes-MI are you one of them?

Etcetra left the music game cos he didn't want to compromise on his style and genre I guess.

Can anyone send me a link on where to download michelle by Etcetra,one of the best slow songs from Naija ever-just love the sound and lyrics.

MI all your songs put together no reach just one of etcetra's hits...know your level,not cos u got a couple of mils.

Download Here: http://www.duduradio.com/mobile/index1_2_2.cfm?page=wimpy_mobile.cfm&filename=Album/Etcetera&picturename=Etcetera.jpg&newlink=Y&raplink=Y&newrap=Y#.VOEaidLF_fc

Thank me later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You Were To Date A Celebrity, Who Would That Be? / Lil Frosh Remanded In Ikoyi Prison Till March, 2021 For Beating Ex Girlfriend / Toolz & Tunde Demurun, Toke And More Celebs At Dolapo Oni's Wedding (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.