Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! (46920 Views)

Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying / Please I Need Help...my Birds Are Dying Right Now. / 15 Weeks Point Of Lay Birds Are For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by AmakaDNB(f): 12:55am On Feb 18, 2015
sure it's not the flu?
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by iyoha240: 12:57am On Feb 18, 2015
CHEAP MOBILE INTERNET DATA BUNDLE

MTN DATA BUNDLE
» 1GB - #1200
» 2GB - #2400
»3GB - #3600

ETISALAT DATA BUNDLE
Available Data Plan And Price

» 1GB – #1500

All Data Plans Have 30 Days (1month) Validity!
NOTE: it works on all devices

FOR MORE INQURES OR PURCHASE
CONTACT US : 08166277765(whatsapp)

PLEASE REBROADCAST

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 18, 2015
have u confirm whether it is not bird flu? you better contact FMAgric sharp sharp.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by onila(f): 1:16am On Feb 18, 2015
lol the title on the front page killed me
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by ElFenomeno1: 1:21am On Feb 18, 2015
Just make sure those dead chickens are disposed off properly.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Nobody: 1:26am On Feb 18, 2015
Sad

Are the dead ones still edible?
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by seangy4konji: 1:29am On Feb 18, 2015
sorry mate...know nothing about birds...
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by tola9ja: 1:29am On Feb 18, 2015
[size=17pt]NA JONATHAN CAUSE IT[/size] (0); grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by bezimo(m): 1:43am On Feb 18, 2015
Do administer the blood of sprinkling (The blood of Jesus) Your poultry farm need devine intervention.I remember when we had poultry farm in our house and the birds were dying.We went devine and the plague ceased. Also I hope you are a Tither considering whats happening are the activities of the devourer.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by prof800(m): 2:31am On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:
The 2nd pic I shared, see that lone bird in 2nd tier?...it's the last bird standing there now

It never get sick nor stop laying...dare devil!
Not just dare devil but a real DRACULA!

I like your courage. Keep the faith, your birds will bounce back and you won't run at loss. Just follow the doctors' advice on this thread; Anti-biotics, sterilized/treated water, ciprofloxacin caps, vitamin C, multi-vits, separating infected birds etc.

I just thought about it now. "check their water". You never can tell. wink

prof800 wishes you luck.

babyosisi:
Sad
Are the dead ones still edible?
Ah....! Not advisable, not edible.

------------/
For those screaming "bird flu", this is not bird flu.
Don't give my fellow farmer a heart attack... biko.
H5N1 Avian flu virus is a stealth virus and airborne too. If you lost about 8 birds on day one like OP said, by day two all birds will show symptoms. And by day four all the 2000+ birds would be Dead!
So it cannot be bird flu.

It is not coccidiosis too. Those who say so don't know what coccidiosis is.
It is definitely newcastle just like the doctors have said.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Chudiking(m): 2:35am On Feb 18, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] Beware of bird flu
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by vetisrael(m): 3:11am On Feb 18, 2015
Lemme tell you my own opinion,
This condition is a viral condition if it is newcastle disease tho and not a bacterial condition so dnt expect any antibiotics to work or waste your money on sensitivity test, you can only use a broad spectrum antibiotics jes as someone suggested e.g the one that belong to the quinolones because the condition might have been complicated by bacteria.
My advice for you is to seperate all affected birds and treat and feed them seperately, you can vaccinate the unaffected birds with NDV komarov strain or betterstill jes feed and gve them water ad libitum until d birds recover naturally.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Ozovehe65(m): 3:22am On Feb 18, 2015
Always try to use tetracycline for ur birds, it prevents any kind of disease in their system.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Ozovehe65(m): 3:32am On Feb 18, 2015
Mix tetracycline in their feed 3days after birth and apply lasota after the first two weeks, then boboro the next two weeks, make sure u interchange lasota and boboro every month until they are four months, eg this month lasota next month boboro, NOTE: always mix TETRACYCLINE IN THEIR FEED EVERY DAY FROM BIRTH TO THREE MONTHS.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by qrymz(m): 3:47am On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:
This is serious, really really serious...so far i've lost 35 layers in just 4 days to Newcastle (confirmed from post mortem)...I usually contained it before but this strain seems unstoppable with every drugs I've given them. It getting messy here abeg, even the experts seem to have resign to fate but I'm not giving up.

Pls anybody with solution. I can't vaccinate them cos most of them still look sick. It's been a hell of a few days, I know if I go back to the farm 3 woulda died again and that me being optimistic.
Pls help save a brother!

As bad as it may sound, have you considered "bird flu" cos it has been reported to be hitting our poultries for a while now. I'll advice you seek an expert's help immediately
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by mdgreen(m): 4:48am On Feb 18, 2015
Op, sorry for the lost is not easy but in my own little way,go get these drugs from any vet.
Ask them to give you alfatrim and vitalyte. Read the dosage requirement on the label instruction. For more information contact me on my blog at http://ideaboxss..com
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Nobody: 5:23am On Feb 18, 2015
@crocz

what you need to do is seperate the sick ones from d healthy ones. (Hope u have a quarantine room?).

Always give them their drugs and change the water morning and evening or morning afternoon and evening (depending on the dosage of the medicine)

You should also get a syringe. That way u can feed the medicine water to d ones that can't get it by theirself.

If possible u should sweep their room to avoid futher propagation of the disease.

I hv forgotten the names of the drugs we gave ours but if ure interested I will make inquires for you. Coz the drugs we gave ours really helped.

Also. Be patient because these things can really make sum1 go .....

I wish you luck
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Patented: 5:50am On Feb 18, 2015
Seperate the strong from the sick, then continue giving all of them the drugs. Is the vaccine not administered with water, If it is then u can still vaccinate
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 18, 2015
I would advice you separate the already infected,its not hard to spot ,from the healthy ones.With this the spread will will be controlled easily.All the best sir
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by annibro(f): 5:58am On Feb 18, 2015
@Op: sorry 4d loss. Not able 2 go tru entire post but know dat most poul3 diz are viral there4 preventive. Dey ve no cure, so ur vaccination schedule must be thorough & always get vaccines frm reputable source where the refrigerator has a constant power source. U mite ve experience a break in cold chain which made d vaccine useless. Also, never vaccinate sick or stressed birds else u're introducing d Diz(disease).
Don't share egg crates. Don't collect crates frm buyers. Use those paper disposable types cos some buyers can introduce infection from other farms 2 urs tru crates. Neva allow visitors inside ur farm. A footbath with disinfectant shud be at d entrance 4 staff 2 disinfect footwear b4 entry. Always Seperate sick birds frm healthy, isolate sick & threat as soon as possible den vaccinate d healthy. Never introduce new bird 2d old flock.
4 now, Discard entire litter, disinfect cage, seprate sick, isolate & threat, den vaccinate healthy.

3 Likes

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by greatnow: 6:09am On Feb 18, 2015
Grind bitter kola and put in their drinking water then come and thank me later
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by unbrandedcosy(m): 6:20am On Feb 18, 2015
Sorry Bro,those ones that died u can still sell them at Ama hausa if is in umuahia. I tried my hand in poultry farming with broilers vam some of them died and I ate the rest about 15 in numbers.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by leverage12(m): 6:24am On Feb 18, 2015
Can be very painful when you find your birds die, especially when they are grown up.

Here is my advice:

First make sure your poultry Farm is as clean as possible: poor environment can increase the infection spreading(in fact if I were you I will do environmental sanitation in that Farm

Secondly try as much as possible separating the affected bird from those that are not affected, my own personal advice is to even sell the one you think are affected because if they are in same Farm with other Birds na kasala o.(Look closely you will find them, some being weak, closing eyes, sneezing etc)

Thirdly make sure their water is readily available and clean too, make sure there is ventilation and the bird should not be too closed.

Fourthly you may try to vaccinate them again maybe when they are little they were not well vaccinated and please try and call a Vent as soon as possible.

Really feel for you, can be somewhat frustrating when something like this happens. Take care

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by kelvinnn(m): 6:28am On Feb 18, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Newcastle FC? lipsrsealed
Them signing your fowls?
Don't mind me.

I'm so sorry. Get an expert to come check them out. Isn't there someone that handles issues like this?
Hi
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by kelvinnn(m): 6:29am On Feb 18, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Newcastle and coccidiosis are two of the most deadly bird disease. Only solution I can suggest is prompt vaccination of uninfected ones. Try call in a vet doc too.
Hi
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Edusouls(m): 6:30am On Feb 18, 2015
Crocz:

Yes o...I'm even suppose to give them today but I cannot cos many still looks sick. Before I'll see the sign of the disease in them but not this time. Infact they are laying normal and never lose weight.

It's a carnage here bro
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by ifekemmie(f): 6:31am On Feb 18, 2015
Yes o...I'm even suppose to give them today but I cannot cos many still looks sick. Before I'll see the sign of the disease in them but not this time. Infact they are laying normal and never lose weight.

It's a carnage here bro

Bro pls dnt give dem lasota because of d sickness in their body, u need to study dem well n select d sick ones to separate cage, so dat u can give dem LA inj. U need to be watchful because those birds pretend a lot as if dey re ok. May God heal dem all.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by kelvinnn(m): 6:31am On Feb 18, 2015
bisous:

Have you tried giving them iodasteryl one to one? you can add some salt to the solution.....LA is antibiotic what u need is an antiviral like iodasteryl and always buy your vaccines from trusted places like Latino at iyana ipaja ,keep me posted a the best
Hi
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by kelvinnn(m): 6:33am On Feb 18, 2015
bellychiz:
Call a vet doctor to check their stool, also what multivitamins are you giving them? Hope u gave them complete doze of their vaccine?
Hi
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by jamesbridget13(f): 6:34am On Feb 18, 2015
bird fluuuuuuu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imota Rice Mill Nears Completion, Set To Be The Third Largest In The World / Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. / The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.