Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm (44329 Views)

My Dry Season Irrigation Sack Farming (photo Speak) / Affordable Irrigation Solutions And Seedlings Nursery Trays Available (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Almightyperes: 3:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
Kwankwaso Names A Major Project After PDP Minister, Adesina

One of the greatest critics of the Goodluck Jonathan federal administration is the APC governor of Kano state, Rabiu Kwankwaso. But on Friday, he honoured Akin Adesina, theminister of agriculture, who is of the PDP.

Kwankwaso named an 100-hectare irrigation farm in Kano state after the minister in recognition of his support to Kano farmers.Speaking at the event, the minister thanked the governor for naming the Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm after him.

He called on irrigation farmers in Kano state to organize themselves in order to access the federal government N26billion Dry Season Scheme Fund. He also said that the FG will support with quality farm inputs.

The minister expressed satisfaction over the level of work at the irrigation site which covers 100 hectares, noting that the project would not only boost food production in the state but in the country at large.

He commended Kwankwaso administration for initiating the laudable project which is expected to provide thousands of job opportunities to the teeming youths in the state especially those from Kabo and Gwarzo local government areas.Responding, Governor Rabi’u Kwankwaso said that there are over 300 farmers cultivating the land, disclosing that the state government named Magaga Irrigation site after the Minister for his support and concern to Kano farmers.

The governor directed the state Ministry of Agriculture to expand the site to cover adjoining farms for maximum benefit, adding that it must be we leveled so that all farmers can easily cultivate their farms without problem.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/apc-governor-kwakwanso-renames-irrigation-project-pdp-minister-agriculture-kano-state/

The Minister also took to social media platform, Twitter to announce the project:

www.twitter.com/akin_adesina/status/566584564622319616/photo/1

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by ernecy(m): 3:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
That really nice

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Adminisher: 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
That is the best governor in.Nigeria. Always sincere and no bull shitting. Adesina is admired by APC and they are not afraid to say it. He has boosted Nigerias agriculture sector.

161 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
Wow..Adesina can now go home and relax..no matter what happens on march 28..he is covered.

That's the beauty of hardwork.

Unlike some of his female colleagues who are in for serious bege after May 29

240 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by gunuvi(m): 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
Its still GEJ till 2019. Shebi we said the transformation agenda is beyond APC or PDP states. It is all over Nigeria. Gradually the scales is falling off the useless propagadist party called Association of propangandist party. Kudos to Kwakanso for being non partisan.

206 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by kestolove95(m): 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
Dis how to play politics not dat gej dat sacked member of its cabinet wen dia state governor decamped to apc...

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by egift(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
God bless APC, a party that appreciates progressives wherever they see them. The future is Bright. Sai Buhari.

170 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by kokoA(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
Adesina is a hard working man and I respect him.. I will still vote for Buhari though.

141 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2015
Sai Kwankwaso 2019!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by mycar: 4:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
egift:
God help APC, a party that finds it difficult to appreciate progressives wherever they see them. The future is Bright..

Fixed!

34 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by otokx(m): 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2015
Not even a single picture
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by doctokwus: 4:15pm On Feb 15, 2015
mycar:

Fixed!
Is this not wrong and a copyright infringement? How can you alter someone's post and still attribute it to him.
Is this not even against the forum's rules and common sense?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
soe:
Wow..Adesina can now go home and relax..no matter what happens on march 28..he is covered.

That's the beauty of hardwork.

Unlike some of his female colleagues who are in for seriois bege after May 29

Are you reffering to Alieson Madueke?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Are you reffering to Alieson Madueke?

ahh ahh Koledowo..dont put me in trouble na..you know i didn't mention any name o...lol

26 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by obailala(m): 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
The Agric minister happens to be the only shining light in the entire Gej's cabinet.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by lekejob(m): 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
I'v said it before, dat man is good and hard working.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by gwales: 4:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
I know TANoids would one day claim kwankwaso work as Gej achievement

10 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by ZACHIE: 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
Buhari has confided in someone I know closeup that he will be inviting the Agric Minister into his government.
It might be in advisory capacity but certainly Adesina is the bright spark in Gej,s government.
Only that the pitch dark environment is eclipsing this bright light.
APC will make Adesina glow glitteringly.
Kudos Kwankwaso. Ever forward looking.
Sai ka yi miliki na ka a naigeria

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by egift(m): 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
obailala:
The Agric minister happens to be the only shining light in the entire Gej's cabinet.

He is among the few PDP guys who may have the opportunity to server under Buhari if he accepts to continue serving his fatherland. Kudos to Kwankwaso for the gesture.

Sai Buhari.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by CyberWolf: 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
But Obiageli thinks otherwise, ..she said that GEJ's agricultural reform is a scam..APC are simply bunch of hypocrites...They are damn irritating angry

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by tit(f): 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2015
CyberWolf:
But Obiageli thinks otherwise, ..she said that GEJ's agricultural reform is a scam..

apc nearly kill the man the other day because of phone.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by CyberWolf: 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2015
tit:

apc nearly kill the man the other day because of phone.
don't mind those criminals.. angry

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by anonimi: 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2015
CyberWolf:
But Obiageli thinks otherwise, ..she said that GEJ's agricultural reform is a scam..

Samples of the rice produced in our country from the steady TRANSFORMATION of the Jonathan/Sambo team anchored by Adesina who was nearly chased out by the noisy crowd of APCheat over propaganda stories of phone!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2112078_bvthridcmaabgmp_jpegcc27eb92c81ab837ea93db90ccbbd5a5

They can spread LIES and falsehood but truth will surely catch up & overtake them in due course.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Jorussia(m): 5:40pm On Feb 15, 2015
I am an unrepentant supporter of GMB,but i love adesina. I haven't heard him involving in the politics of his state, that is to tell you,that he is a complete Gentle man and technocrat.

26 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Shydon(m): 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
It's only fair to identify and appreciate workaholics. Akinwumi is a typical example of an intelligent workaholic. Hard-work truly pays. Kudos to the best governor in the Nigeria of today- Kwankwaso! Kwankwasiyya is the Progressives Movement to beat.

19 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by anonimi: 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
Jorussia:
I am an unrepentant supporter of GMB,but i love adesina. I haven't heard him involving in the politics of his state, that is to tell you,that he is a complete Gentle man and technocrat.

Have you heard of Olusegun Aganga involved in the politics of his state?
Or Okonjo-Iweala?

These are two ministers who are primarily responsible for the policies that are reviving our industries such as textiles where workers received 35% salary increase in the last four years in addition to expanding production. Ditto for vehicle assembly plants that are returning here as well as expanded locally manufactured cement supply leading to price reduction.

GMB's two year MAXIMUM rule was a complete disaster on the economic front:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2094393_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

The Guardian 15 March 1985

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by anonimi: 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
Shydon:
It's only fair to identify and appreciate workaholics. Akinwumi is a typical example of an intelligent workaholic. Hard-work truly pays. Kudos to the best governor in the Nigeria of today- Kwankwaso! Kwankwasiyya is the Progressives Movement to beat.

The best governor who spent N1 billion for a school in Niger republic and wants to build yet another one there?

Are ALL children in Kano state enrolled in primary & secondary schools FREE for nine years as supported with federal funds from UBEC

Is education not the main pillar of progressive politics?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Trunaijian: 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2015
Akinwummi Adesina has done well. Wether you belong to APC PDP or any other party, you have to be blind not to see the mans achievements. More grease to his elbows.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by fallout87: 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2015
obailala:

Didn't Buhari condemn Agriculture and Education saying both have taken steps back?

More lies from him and that party.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by GovWahala: 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2015
egift:

He is among the few PDP guys who may have the opportunity to server under Buhari if he accepts to continue serving his fatherland. Kudos to Kwankwaso for the gesture.

Sai Buhari.
Just shut ur stinking lying devilish mouth!
Why separate President Jonathan's Agric Minister from him and why not the praise be to Jonathan for choosing and enabling him to do this great reforms? But when another sector has a little hitch all the blames go to Jonathan and not the person in charge of that aspect. You guys called Apshit are so Useless and evil in every way. You all disgust me.
Thumps up to the Minister- Adesina.
Thumps up to President Jonathan.
GEJ till 2019!!!

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by Jorussia(m): 6:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
anonimi:

Have you heard of Olusegun Aganga involved in the politics of his state?
Or Okonjo-Iweala?

These are two ministers who are primarily responsible for the policies that are reviving our industries such as textiles where workers received 35% salary increase in the last four years in addition to expanding production. Ditto for vehicle assembly plants that are returning here as well as expanded locally manufactured cement supply leading to price reduction.

GMB's two year MAXIMUM rule was a complete disaster on the economic front:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2094393_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

The Guardian 15 March 1985

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306
Why are you now bringing GMB into my unbiased love for Adesina?I watched GeJ's rally in benin, ahmadu Ali and metuh openly confessed that GMB is good and holy Man. I don't see anything wrong in acknowledging SB from anoda party if he/she is doing well.GMB nv spent two years in office, and it is on record he reduced inflation rate drastically and he ensured the stability of Naira. If john maccain,a former military officer/war prisoner could aspire to become the president of AMERICA,I don't see anything wrong in GMB,aspiring to be our president. The military govt have its mode of operations,which is completely different from Democratic dispensation. If in trying to wipe out corruption and indiscipline, GMB used crued and supposedly harsh methods, i will exonerate him,because he couldn't have done otherwise, considering that he ruled in a military regime. Military even in a Democratic dispensation,'rarely' respect human rights, take the allegations against the CIA in their brutal way of extracting statements from terror suspects and detainees.

11 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Magaga Irrigation Farm by anonimi: 6:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
Jorussia:
Why are you now bringing GMB into my unbiased love for Adesina?I watched GeJ's rally in benin, ahmadu Ali and metuh openly confessed that GMB is good and holy Man. I don't see anything wrong in acknowledging SB from anoda party if he/she is doing well.GMB nv spent two years in office, and it is on record he reduced inflation rate drastically and he ensured the stability of Naira. If john maccain,a former military officer/war prisoner could aspire to become the president of AMERICA,I don't see anything wrong in GMB,aspiring to be our president. The military govt have its mode of operations,which is completely different from Democratic dispensation. If in trying to wipe out corruption and indiscipline, GMB used crued and supposedly harsh methods, i will exonerate him,because he couldn't have done otherwise, considering that he ruled in a military regime. Military even in a Democratic dispensation,'rarely' respect human rights, take the allegations against the CIA in their brutal way of extracting statements from terror suspects and detainees.

Did you not start your post that I quoted with this?

I am an unrepentant supporter of GMB

So who brought Buhari into this, if not you

Can you share the record of how he reduced inflation drastically and ensured naira stability because such records do NOT exist shocked

What exists is the DISASTER that his daft & dumb dictatorship was for all Nigerians with farms & factories closing and increasing unemployment coupled with inflation and worsening exchange rate because the clueless general was simply importing

- milk,
- sugar
- rice
- vegetable oil
- tyres

etc

through the Nigerian National Supply Company, NNSC1
Those are the records we have. If you have other records from credible sources please share.

37 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maize Pyramid That Is Being Built In Kaduna / US Authorises Importation Of Oha Leaves From Nigeria / My Grown/ready To Harvest Fish Pond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.